PDA

View Full Version : Which new HC will have the most success?

49ersfan_87
02-22-2009, 02:33 PM
A NFL record 11 new coaches were hired this season (including 2 interim coaches in Singletary and Cable, as well as 2 coaches in waiting in Caldwell and Mora). Which HC do you think will have the most success?

My vote goes to Jim Caldwell. He goes on a team with a great offensive mind in Payton Manning. Harrison has lost a step but he has Wayne and Gonzalez ready to break out in his 3rd year. And although theyre losing Saturday they did draft 2 lineman last year to help prepare for this. I think Haley could have the most long-term success with all the young talent but in the immediate short-term my vote goes to Caldwell.

In case anyone needs a reminder, here's the 11 HC's.

Jim Schwartz
Raheem Morris
Josh McDaniels
Jim Caldwell
Todd Haley
Rex Ryan
Eric Mangini
Tom Cable
Mike Singletary
Steve Spagnuolo
Jim Mora Jr.

stephenson86
02-22-2009, 02:41 PM
i want to see singletary and rex have a great year but it will be caldwell, hes inheriting a great great team

TimD
02-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Rex Ryan. Mark it down. Just read what he's saying in his quotes. He wants a physical team that will run the ball, and that's exactly what he got. Plus he has a fantastic staff

Addict
02-22-2009, 02:57 PM
just take Schwartz off the list, it's hopeless. Lions win 4 games this year MAYBE.

CashmoneyDrew
02-22-2009, 03:18 PM
just take Schwartz off the list, it's hopeless. Lions win 4 games this year MAYBE.

If Schwartz wins 4 or more games with that team they should build a statue of him outside the stadium.

As for my opinion on the rest...
Caldwell should easily be the best short-term guy with Manning and the rest of the Colts. I'm rooting for Mike Singletary though. Dropped pants and all.

Splat
02-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Rex Ryan if they can find a QB if not maybe Eric Mangini they have so much talent on the Browns they have to turn it around some time.

NFLFreak2008
02-22-2009, 03:34 PM
As much as I hope it is Raheem Morris, I am going to have to go with Jim Caldwell. He has Peyton Manning who will keep the team and offense in order and he has a lot of other talent to work with.

gameplaya2435
02-22-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm holding out until we have the draft at least. If you started this thread at this time last year, who would have thought Harbaugh or Mike Smith would have had the years that they did?

Sveen
02-22-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm going with Steve Spagnuolo. I believe he can over time turn it around in St. Louis.

e-mac
02-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Josh McDaniels, any Defensive improvement and they are a playoff team or Raheem Morris because I like Tampa as a young Defense to improve one of the two young kids I guess is what I'm saying i like the idea of new blood.

Burger
02-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Tampa has the oldest defense in the NFL.

e-mac
02-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Kevin Carter, Derrick Brooks and Ronde Barber are old and that skews it Rudd, Talib, Gaines Adams, Tanard Jackson, Jovan Haye all young plus the upside in Sabby Piscitelli and Quincey Black is a young core but whatever...

Beans
02-22-2009, 05:30 PM
i swear to god the next time someone uses the TAMPA'S DEFENSE IS OLD routine i am going to punch them in the face

brooks and barber are the only vital pieces of the defense who are old enough for their age to be a factor

holt_bruce81
02-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Tampa has the oldest defense in the NFL.

They only have 3 players on Defense that are 30 or older, that's it. backups included.

BlindSite
02-22-2009, 05:58 PM
All anyone in detroit has to do is win a game and they've got the franchise going in the right direction.

That said, Raheem Morris/

yodabear
02-22-2009, 06:23 PM
I'll go with Jim Caldwell, he will win the Super Bowl.

Cigaro
02-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Going with Rex Ryan.

Menardo75
02-22-2009, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to nab Jim Caldwell. He made it a point in his press conference that a lot of things in Indy are going to change. He has already fun the DC out of town. He is inheriting a great team, but if the players don't buy in they could be in for a frustrating season. I am really praying it's Singletary but that's fairly obvious.

If Denver finds a hint of a defense McDaniels could easily be that guy.

Donno
02-22-2009, 08:26 PM
If Schwartz wins 4 or more games with that team they should build a statue of him outside the stadium.

Dude that would be classic if there was statue saying, "Jim Schwartz" went 5-11 with the 2009 Detroit Lions haha

JFLO
02-22-2009, 08:32 PM
I think it's hard not to pick Caldwell, but if I had to pick second place, based on improvement, then I'm taking Mike Singletary.

I'm having a feeling that he is going to have a wonderful draft and will turn that team around sooner than people think. Division title might be a stretch, but wild card isn't totally out of the picture.

I've read and heard some of the things he wants to do and it's very intriguing to see how he process through it and what its results are.

Third place goes to Jim Schwartz. It's hard not to pick him, because the Lions have to get at least one win next year.

tjsunstein
02-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Jim Caldwell is guaranteed to have success because of the team he has taken over but I like Todd Haley as the longshot.

indyfan1985
02-22-2009, 10:17 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to nab Jim Caldwell. He made it a point in his press conference that a lot of things in Indy are going to change. He has already fun the DC out of town. He is inheriting a great team, but if the players don't buy in they could be in for a frustrating season. I am really praying it's Singletary but that's fairly obvious.

If Denver finds a hint of a defense McDaniels could easily be that guy.

I think the small changes will be very good for this team though. We needed a different DC because Ron Meeks was not aggressive at all. Larry Coyer really makes the most out of team speed and Indy's defense has plenty of that. Coyer also really emphasises pressuring the QB so look for possibly more blitzing.

RaiderNation420
02-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Cable Guy...

Burger
02-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Cable will have one of the worst records in the NFL.

Loggerhead
02-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Tom Cable.

RaiderNation420
02-23-2009, 01:35 AM
Cable will have one of the worst records in the NFL.

Hater in the house.