PDA

View Full Version : Combine Shakedown - risers and fallers

Big_Pete
02-22-2009, 07:32 PM
So what is everyone's thoughts on the draft shakedown from the combine?

The defensive players are yet to run but there are some interesting activity offensively;

here are the guys that have stood out for me

WR
Crabtree may have slipped a little, but not too much

Heyward Bey has stepped up and will be in the mix with Harvin for the #3 WR

Nicks and Britt solidified themselves as legitimate 1st round talents

Derek Williams really hurt his stock, maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder now

TE
Jared Cook stepped up and is a legitimate 1st round talent

RB
really under impressed, many will need a good pro day

Wells and Moreno ran alot slower than expected, both will slip. One could easily end up in the second round.

Rashad Jennings failed to impressed, probably mid/late rounder

OT
Jason Smith stepped up and is now in the mix with Monroe to be the 1st OT taken

Andre Smith has slipped, probably into the 10-20 range

William Beatty stepped up and is a legitimate 1st round talent

Jamon Meredith stepped up and is a likely an early 2nd round talent

OC
Eric Wood stood out and is probably an early/mid 2nd round pick

Cicero
02-22-2009, 07:33 PM

The defensive players are yet to run but there are some interesting activity offensively;

WR

TE

RB

Wells and Moreno ran alot slower than expected, both will slip. One could easily end up in the second round.

OT

OC

I didn't get up early enough to watch, why did Jennings look horrible?

AkiliSmith
02-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Andre Brown is doing his best Matt Forte impression. Great Senior Bowl week, good size, good speed.

Robiskie has done nothing but impress

underscore
02-22-2009, 07:38 PM
AQ Shipley helped his cause. He's only 6'1, but finished in the top few among OL in several categories.

We'll find out March 18 if Williams' flu excuse was true or not.

thenewfeature06
02-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Brooks Foster putting up 27 reps on the bench press

holt_bruce81
02-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Brian Robiskie continues to be impressive. I'm liking the kid more and more.

Twinkle Toes
02-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Both Andre Brown and Donald Brown were impressive. Given that Javon Ringer had his knee scoped last month, his 4.53 dispelled some doubts.

Deon Butler's time was exceptional and should (along with a few extra pounds he put on) boost his draft stock.

derza222
02-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Andre Brown is doing his best Matt Forte impression. Great Senior Bowl week, good size, good speed.

Robiskie has done nothing but impress

Despite it not being a huge need, seems like the Jets are going to run the rock a lot this year and don't have a guy like Brown on the roster. I'd love him in green, think whoever drafts him is getting a really solid player.

JFLO
02-22-2009, 07:56 PM
I came away the most impressed with Darius Heyward-Bey, we all knew that he was a physical freak, but he proved it at all points. His vertical was amazing, he lifted better than I thought he would and he obviously ran the best time out of all receivers.

Also, I was impressed with, like most, Brian Robiskie. I think he has solidified himself as a 2nd rounder as of now, and can only improve it from here.

Besides the obvious stock downs like Andre Smith, I was severely disappointed in Derrick Williams. I came into the combine thinking he was a sure second round selection, but he just looked nervous and somewhat unprepared. Maybe he just isn't the guy who we think he is, but he could prove differently when the pads are on.

Also, Jason Watkins looked awful.

phlysac
02-22-2009, 08:22 PM

Not making excuse but it has been reported that Watkins took part even though he has a torn labrum.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Cedric Peerman tore up the combine probably most impressive player and I didn't expect it from him. Fastest running back at the combine 4.45. 3rd strongest with 27 reps, 2nd best vert at 40" and also placed in other cone drills.

keylime_5
02-22-2009, 09:00 PM
I don't put that much stock into the combine. Andre Smith is the only one I think who genuinely hurt his stock and is gonna go way lower than we thought before the combine started. Wells failed to raise his stock, but I don't think he dropped it. Knowshon I think dropped it slightly. Jennings is still a late 2nd/early 3rd rounder in my book. Derrick Williams was bad, but he can revive his stock with a better pro day. I agree that he isn't the early 2nd rounder he was before the combine though.

Lots of guys helped their stock though like DHBey, Brian Robiskie, Jason Smith, Jared Cook, etc.

RWills
02-22-2009, 09:15 PM
im Sorry I dont think Jennings nor Beannie did bad at all. Do you think they were going to be in 4.4's, they hit where they were expected, you cant measure big backs on the 40 time, but look at there vertical and mostly the broad and you will see they did real well. Beannie had to repeat the broad a couple of times. It shows that they are very explosive hitting the hole and thats what I would want in my big backs.

I didnt hear of Watkins injury, if true that helps him cause he looked bad. Not as bad as Garret Reynolds or Parrish

kwilk103
02-22-2009, 09:19 PM
i'd say pat white is a riser

scottyboy
02-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Britt and Underwood pretty much made the Combine their *****.

Babylon
02-22-2009, 09:29 PM
im Sorry I dont think Jennings nor Beannie did bad at all. Do you think they were going to be in 4.4's, they hit where they were expected, you cant measure big backs on the 40 time, but look at there vertical and mostly the broad and you will see they did real well. Beannie had to repeat the broad a couple of times. It shows that they are very explosive hitting the hole and thats what I would want in my big backs.

I didnt hear of Watkins injury, if true that helps him cause he looked bad. Not as bad as Garret Reynolds or Parrish

I wasnt surprised at all with Beanie and Moreno's 40 times. That's basically the speed they play at and then people are surprised or dissapointed when they run what they run.

HawkEye30
02-22-2009, 09:32 PM
i thought jennings did pretty good actually and hes probabaly the top senior running back in the draft now, another guy that i am loving is aaron kelly coming in everybody said he would be slow and terrible in the pros well he was 6'5 190lbs and his forty was est at 4.6 his senior year, but he weighed in at 206 and ran a 4.49 pretty good compared to guys like derrick williams that were supposed to run a 4.3, kelly also had very good production while at clemson and i think any team that gets him the later rounds will have found a really good receiver

WMD
02-22-2009, 09:33 PM
From what I saw of him, I like what Sammie Stroughter did.

Donald Brown and Eric Wood also stood out to me.

LonghornsLegend
02-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Jennings did 29 reps which was tops for RB's(If I'm not mistaken) and he ran a 4.49 un-officially, he has a great frame, the strength, and quick feet, I think he has certainly moved up scouts boards this weekend no way he went down, he's on the radar now.

Andre Brown has had a great off-season, he's a riser as well, impressive 40 for a guy his size, Donald Brown made a nice push but I expected him to time well, I was rooting for him to come out because I felt another year in college would do him no good and he could compete in this class.

Moreno and Wells weren't really that impressive to me, neither was Greene but I don't think they hurt their stock all that much.

oregonbucfan
02-22-2009, 09:39 PM
How did Unger do? I heard he was having a solid combine

HawkEye30
02-22-2009, 09:42 PM
How did Unger do? I heard he was having a solid combine

some people are saying since hes bulked up that hes passed mack as the top center, i think mack is really gonna hurt his stock by not being at the combine

mat33
02-22-2009, 09:54 PM

I think you mean Jaison Williams, because the guy was flat out awful, he droped almost every ball thrown his way.

Cicero
02-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Jennings did 29 reps which was tops for RB's(If I'm not mistaken) and he ran a 4.49 un-officially, he has a great frame, the strength, and quick feet, I think he has certainly moved up scouts boards this weekend no way he went down, he's on the radar now.

Andre Brown has had a great off-season, he's a riser as well, impressive 40 for a guy his size, Donald Brown made a nice push but I expected him to time well, I was rooting for him to come out because I felt another year in college would do him no good and he could compete in this class.

Moreno and Wells weren't really that impressive to me, neither was Greene but I don't think they hurt their stock all that much.
Scott has it listen he ran a 4.6

WMD
02-22-2009, 10:09 PM
I'll take Shawn Nelson's 4.56 40 and 6.96 3 Cone Drill over Jared Cook's 4.5 40 and hamstring injury. :)

02-22-2009, 10:13 PM
I'll take Shawn Nelson's 4.56 40 and 6.96 3 Cone Drill over Jared Cook's 4.5 40 and hamstring injury. :)

... and willingness to actually block.

M.O.T.H.
02-22-2009, 10:23 PM
He's plenty willing...he's just not that great at it. It's still not a big enough problem to keep him out of the 1st round, though.

Staubach12
02-22-2009, 10:31 PM
I knew Wells would not run faster than a 4.55. Was I right, or was I right?

Staubach12
02-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Also...

Risers:
-Ian Johnson - Good time, and not too small. Looked solid.
-Pat White - Good job throwing.
-Demetrius Byrd - Nice time.
-Darrius Heyward-Bey - Hell of a time. Good performance.
-Mike Thomas - Good time.
-Jared Cook - Biggest winner. This guy bent the Combine over and took advantage of it.
-Jason Smith - Looked great overall.
-David Buehler - What. A. Beast.
-Ramses Barden - Not a bad time for a guy of his size.

Fallers:
-Rudy Carpenter - Tiny, weak, and didn't run.
-Glen Coffee - I was expecting faster.
-Shonn Greene - Ugly time.
-Patrick Turner - I was really hoping he'd run.
-Michael Oher - You got outlifted by a kicker?
-Andre Smith - Way to totally screw up this entire situation.
-Herman Johnson - Didn't make up for that horrible SB performance.

Iamcanadian
02-22-2009, 11:22 PM

WR

TE

RB

OT

OC
\

I heard Casserly, the ex Houston GM say he was unimpressed with Beatty who lacks a hand punch to keep defenders off him and looked like he would struggle holding the point of attack. I think it puts him in the 2nd round and he'll need time to develop. Other than that I pertty well agree with the rest.

phlysac
02-22-2009, 11:35 PM

So did Eugene Monroe and noone is talking about him slipping.

Cicero
02-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Ryan Clady only put up 24 and he gave up less sacks than any LT in the NFL.

Monomach
02-23-2009, 12:06 AM
Three guys who've really impressed me are Kenny Britt, Brian Robiskie, and Ramses Barden.

Big_Pete
02-23-2009, 06:44 AM
I didn't get up early enough to watch, why did Jennings look horrible?

Jennings, Wells and Moreno all have similar problems

They were all expected to run at least a 1/10 of a second faster. Thier combination of size and speed was what separated them from other running backs.

With pedestrian 40 times, there must be concerns about their ability to break big plays and perhaps they are just between the tackle tunners in the NFL whereas they had been considered all-round RBs.This is the same kind of concerns faced by Shonn Greene, Adrian Foster etc.

In Jennings case he was a intriguing prospect purely due to his combination of size as speed (despite concerns about level of competition)

This draft has alot of RBs who can run inside the tackles at similar size and speed.

These three must turn it around at their proday or their stock will drop.
With those kind of times It isn't unreasonable to think that Wells and Moreno could both fall outside the 1st round.

The problem is that in the NFL everyone is heck of a lot faster than college.

In fact I imagine that Wells, Moreno, Greene and Brown are all very close right now. The dark horse is McCoy if he can run up to expectations at his proday (around 4.50) he will be the top RB drafted (unless Moreno or Wells have spectacular proday).

In fact can you name one 4.60ish RB drafted in the first round in the last 10-15years?

Big_Pete
02-23-2009, 06:51 AM
In fact can you name one 4.60ish RB drafted in the first round in the last 10-15years?

The only one I can think of is Ron Dayne and that is hardly a glowing reference...

Chio151
02-23-2009, 08:36 AM
So did Eugene Monroe and noone is talking about him slipping.

That's because people have been searching for reasons to drop Oher. Everyone is scared because of his story and his intelligence.

To them I say: bah.

Oher is a franchise left tackle.

Black Bolt
02-23-2009, 09:30 AM
What did he do to fall? He wasn't supposed to be that fast in the first place. I'd hate to tackle him, though.

Also...

Risers:
-Ian Johnson - Good time, and not too small. Looked solid.
-Pat White - Good job throwing.
-Demetrius Byrd - Nice time.
-Darrius Heyward-Bey - Hell of a time. Good performance.
-Mike Thomas - Good time.
-Jared Cook - Biggest winner. This guy bent the Combine over and took advantage of it.
-Jason Smith - Looked great overall.
-David Buehler - What. A. Beast.
-Ramses Barden - Not a bad time for a guy of his size.

Fallers:
-Rudy Carpenter - Tiny, weak, and didn't run.
-Glen Coffee - I was expecting faster.
-Shonn Greene - Ugly time.
-Patrick Turner - I was really hoping he'd run.
-Andre Smith - Way to totally screw up this entire situation.
-Herman Johnson - Didn't make up for that horrible SB performance.

Black Bolt
02-23-2009, 09:31 AM
That's because people have been searching for reasons to drop Oher. Everyone is scared because of his story and his intelligence.

To them I say: bah.

Oher is a franchise left tackle.

Right tackle.

LonghornsLegend
02-23-2009, 09:36 AM
Derrick Williams ran a 4.6 and speed was about the only thing he had going for him, that was a little more then shocking for a "speedster" to run that slow, I know guys out of shape who still run that fast so I'm not sure what the deal is with him but unless he follows up with a fast time on his Pro Day I'd stay far away.

Chio151
02-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Right tackle.

Can anyone tell me why?

He has played the left his whole career. He gave up no sacks last year and one the year before. He has dominated at his position, shown proper athleticism, and competed against high-level competition.

Honestly. Why?!

If everyone is downgrading this guy because he got bad grades in middle school then I think you're ridiculous.

Black Bolt
02-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Can anyone tell me why?

He has played the left his whole career. He gave up no sacks last year and one the year before. He has dominated at his position, shown proper athleticism, and competed against high-level competition.

Honestly. Why?!

If everyone is downgrading this guy because he got bad grades in middle school then I think you're ridiculous.

No matter his talent, he is an inconsistent performer. RT is much safer for him IMO.

Chio151
02-23-2009, 10:05 AM
No matter his talent, he is an inconsistent performer. RT is much safer for him IMO.

Inconsistent how? I think sometimes we here the label and don't look at results. He is the most consistent pass protector in the draft. Are you saying that he doesn't consistently pancake a defender on every play?

Don Vito
02-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Everyone talks about Oher being inconsistent. He gave up 4 sacks as a 4 year starter in the SEC, including none as a senior and 1 as a junior. That looks pretty damn good to me. He has all of the ability in the world but his technique could be refined a little, but I don't see that being a problem because he is coachable and is a very hard worker.

Chio151
02-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Everyone talks about Oher being inconsistent. He gave up 4 sacks as a 4 year starter in the SEC, including none as a senior and 1 as a junior. That looks pretty damn good to me. He has all of the ability in the world but his technique could be refined a little, but I don't see that being a problem because he is coachable and is a very hard worker.

Which is why he would be perfect for the Packers. We have Clifton and (possibly) Tauscher for another year or two. Oher could be brought in to learn from them and an injury fill-in for the first year, starter year two. I know that's not the norm with offensive tackles - but I think it would be perfect for him.

Flippityskip91
02-23-2009, 10:22 AM

Not gonna look it up, but I'm pretty sure both Steven Jackson and Kevin Jones ran high 4.5s. That's just off the top of my head, could be wrong.

Big_Pete
02-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Looking at the defensive guys, here are my thoughts on the front seven.

The LBs and DEs were generally underwhelming.

DE
Orakpo is clearly a bit ahead of Everette Brown and is the #1 DE

Maybin is slower than expected; with a steep learning curve anyways he is likely a 2nd rounder

Connor Barwin really stood out, he is a legitmate 2nd rounder and could play OLB

Cody Brown ran a pedestian 40; OLB is likely out now as is probably a mid rounder at best.

Jarron Gilbert is faster than expected, he should be a possible 2nd rounder

Maurice Evans likely will not be drafted

DT
Evander "Ziggy" Hood stepped up and is probably a legitimate 1st rounder now. He could will be in the mix with Jerry to be the 2nd DT selected

Roy Miller stepped up

OLB
Brian Cushing performed well and should be the 2nd LB taken.

Clay Matthews is a legitimate first rounder and could be drafted before Laurenaitis and Melualuga

Freeman did ok and is now likely in that 2nd/3rd round group

McGrath dd well and is very likely a 2nd rounder

ILB
Laurenaitis and Melualuga ran poorly and will slide; possibly the late (20+) first round is their best option.

Jasper Brinkley has performed well and should be in the 2nd round mix

McKillop performed well and should be a 3rd rounder as did Jason Phillips who is now likely in that 2nd/3rd round group

kiranadwaney
02-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Aaron Curry I think proved that he is the best player in the draft. He really impressed me today but I guess he is not a riser because he was always near the top. AlsoMeredith impressed me, feel he will go in the early second round now. I feel a lot of guys have disapointed so far this year. I was expecting better from Moreno, I felt with the added weight and a good performance he could have been a top 10-15 player, now i think he falls to late first. Also Maclin was a bit disapointing, thought he would run faster then had the chance of going to oakland at 7, now i see him going in the 20 range.

keylime_5
02-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Looking at the defensive guys, here are my thoughts on the front seven.

The LBs and DEs were generally underwhelming.

DE
Orakpo is clearly a bit ahead of Everette Brown and is the #1 DE

Maybin is slower than expected; with a steep learning curve anyways he is likely a 2nd rounder

Connor Barwin really stood out, he is a legitmate 2nd rounder and could play OLB

Cody Brown ran a pedestian 40; OLB is likely out now as is probably a mid rounder at best.

Maurice Evans likely will not be drafted

DT
Evander "Ziggy" Hood stepped up and is probably a legitimate 1st rounder now. He could will be in the mix with Jerry to be the 2nd DT selected

Roy Miller stepped up

OLB
Brian Cushing performed well and should be the 2nd LB taken.

Clay Matthews is a legitimate first rounder and could be drafted before Laurenaitis and Melualuga

Freeman did ok and is now likely in that 2nd/3rd round group

McGrath dd well and is very likely a 2nd rounder

ILB
Laurenaitis and Melualuga ran poorly and will slide; possibly the late (20+) first round is their best option.

Jasper Brinkley has performed well and should be in the 2nd round mix

McKillop performed well and should be a 3rd rounder as did Jason Phillips who is now likely in that 2nd/3rd round group

there's more to the combine than the numbers. The drills are just as if not more important and some guys like Maybin reportedly did very well in the drills. I don't think Orakpo did anything to seperate himself from Brown. He put up freaky good numbers as expected, but the fact still remains that injuries are more of a problem with Orakpo and his pass rushing reportoire is not as good as Brown's, nor is his use of hands and consistency....and Brown is more fluid and quicker in short spaces with just as good of a 40 time despite not having the closing speed that ORakpo has off the edge to the QB. And Brinkley could get into the 2nd round (only takes one team), but I still see him as a stiff project who's upside is as a two down, north-south ILB thumper. I expect 3rd round for him.

PossibleCabbage
02-23-2009, 10:31 PM

Personally, I'm thinking that Gilbert has a shot to be the most physically gifted 3-4 DE in the league (an honor currently held by Luis Castillo), and I could see one of the good 3-4 teams (New England? San Diego? Miami?) taking him in the first.

I think Gilbert made a lot of money today.

TACKLE
02-23-2009, 10:50 PM
DT

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. He's alright but never showed any signs of being dominant. He has had average production and isn't really a penetrator. He lifted and ran well at the combine but his Senior Bowl was not nearly as good as he got credit for. His spin move looks great in 1-on-1 drills but will not be effective in a game situation, especially in the NFL. Now he's still a solid mid-late 2nd at worst 3rd round pick but he certainly hadn't done enough to catapult himself into the 1st round.

I think Gilbert made a lot of money today.

4.87 forty at 6'5 288. Also 36 3/4" arms. Absolutely ridiculous. His arms are longer than both Loadholt's and Herman Johnson's. Just a freak.

M.O.T.H.
02-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Early to early-mid second is guaranteed for Gilbert. All those teams are transitioning to the 3-4 and Gilbert may be the best 5 technique in the draft. He def. has a shot to go in the 1st as well. The Steelers look like a good destination at 32 but, he could potentially go higher. There are bound to be teams that like him more than Jackson. Gilbert also has substanstial value to the 4-3 teams but, in the end I think you'll see a 3-4 team snatch him up earlier than expected.

M.O.T.H.
02-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Hood did improve his stock a lot...I'm not ready to put him in the 1st yet but, early 2nd sounds pretty good. His meaurables were outstanding...he tested out extremely well and at 300 pounds. I didnt get to see him perform in all the drills but, he looked great in the drills I did get a chance to see and he apparently is noted as being one of the top performers of the day in the field drills. He killed it at the combine.

Jakey
02-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Jarron Gilbert is rising FAST!!!!1!!!one!!! I wouldnt be suprised to see him make the 1st round. If he's there at 32 i think the Steelers should take a flier on him. Its a position of need, and his upside is just absurd.

PossibleCabbage
02-23-2009, 11:22 PM
4.87 forty at 6'5 288. Also 36 3/4" arms. Absolutely ridiculous. His arms are longer than both Loadholt's and Herman Johnson's. Just a freak.

Also a 35.5" Vert, which is a more important stat for DEs than their 40 time (it measures explosiveness.)

Iamcanadian
02-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Let's wait till they run the drills. Murtha had a great time in almost every event but he workouts left a lot to be desired.
I'll say one thing, if your as small college guy, an impressive timing in a # of events can sky rocket you because a lot of teams just haven't seen you play against strong competition on film and will rely more on a combine performance to judge you. However, the drills still carry a huge amount of weight.

Haralson98
02-23-2009, 11:59 PM
IMO, I think Michael Johnson, Aaron Curry, and Ian Johsnon have performed the best so far.

nepg
02-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Can anyone tell me why?

Honestly. Why?!

Because the person that posted "Right Tackle" is a goober. Oher's a Franchise LT all the way. He'll start from day 1 and be one of the better tackles in the NFL.

People have been downgrading Oher pretty much because they're just bored with him. He's been at the top of this OT class for 3-4 years, and nothing's happened to change that status.
________
NightCat live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/NightCat)

Big_Pete
02-24-2009, 08:53 PM
my take on he DBs

CB

Malcolm Jenkins and Vontae Davis we not as fast as they hoped; I think Jenkins falls outside the top ten and Davis perhaps is a mid first at best

Sean Smith an Darius Butler did well and should be in the late 1st mix

Asher Allen stepped up and is likely a genuine second round talent.

Joe Burnett, Keenan Lewis, Bruce Johnson and Brandon Underwood did well and may be in the 3rd round mix

Don Carey's stock will certainly rise, perhaps he is a mid rounder now

Harris is slow, but has good change of direction; he may need to consider moving to FS; regardless late second round at best

DJ Moore is slower than expected, perhaps is a third round talent

Munnerlyn is alot slower than expectes, perhaps is now a 4th rounder

S
Pat Chung did really well and could even be in the late 1st round mix

Sherrod Martin an David Bruton did well and have second round talent

Chip Vaughn and Chris Clemmons did well and are likely 3rd rounders

Stephen Hodge and Jamarca Sanforddid well and should be 4th rounders

Nic Harris is definately an OLB prospect and not a safety

Hamlin and Pegues did poorly and is are 4th rounders at best

Emmanuel Cook did poorly and is a mid rounder at best

Ellison needs to switch to OLB if he is any hope of being a late round pick

art vandelay
02-24-2009, 09:14 PM
my take on he DBs

CB

Malcolm Jenkins and Vontae Davis we not as fast as they hoped; I think Jenkins falls outside the top ten and Davis perhaps is a mid first at best

Sean Smith an Darius Butler did well and should be in the late 1st mix

Asher Allen stepped up and is likely a genuine second round talent.

Joe Burnett, Keenan Lewis and Brandon Underwood did well and may be in the 3rd round mix

Don Carey's stock will certainly rise, perhaps he is a mid rounder now

Harris is slow, but has good change of direction; he may need to consider moving to FS; regardless late second round at best

DJ Moore is slower than expected, perhaps is a third round talent

Munnerlyn is alot slower than expectes, perhaps is now a 4th rounder

S
Pat Chung did really well and could even be in the late 1st round mix

Sherrod Martin an David Bruton did well and have second round talent

Chip Vaughn and Chris Clemmons did well and are likely 3rd rounders

Stephen Hodge and Jamarca Sanforddid well and should be 4th rounders

Nic Harris is definately an OLB prospect and not a safety

Hamlin and Pegues did poorly and is are 4th rounders at best

Emmanuel Cook did poorly and is a mid rounder at best

Ellison needs to switch to OLB if he is any hope of being a late round pick

No mention of Bruce Johnson? I thought he ran pretty well and looked excellent in drills.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Chung is my #2 safety but I think Delmas is definitely #1. Ran well and looked really fluid in coverage in drills.

Big_Pete
02-24-2009, 09:17 PM
No mention of Bruce Johnson? I thought he ran pretty well and looked excellent in drills.

He did do well, I have edited the earlier post :)

Big_Pete
02-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Chung is my #2 safety but I think Delmas is definitely #1. Ran well and looked really fluid in coverage in drills.

I don't agree. I think Chung and Sean Smith could make the 1st round as safeties; I think Delmas is an early 2nd round guy

M.O.T.H.
02-24-2009, 09:20 PM
In comparison to the rest of the corners...Munnerlyn had one of the fastest times. I dont trust the 40 times at all and if you watched Munnerlyn run it, it def. looked much faster than a 4.53. He also performed well in drills...I dont think he hurt himself at all. The fact that just about all the corners times are slower than expected def. will raise some eye brows. If they go with the stop watch...plenty of guys will have had him in that 4.4 area. He also has return man value...he'll be fine.

holt_bruce81
02-24-2009, 10:49 PM
I wouldn't say William Moore had a "great" combine, but I would say he showed enough to get a chance at Strong Safety in the NFL.

armageddon
02-24-2009, 11:39 PM
I wouldn't say William Moore had a "great" combine, but I would say he showed enough to get a chance at Strong Safety in the NFL.

I would love to see him fall to the top of rd 3 for the Rams. Doubtfull, I know. But crazier things have happened.