PDA

View Full Version : Pat White

quincyyyyy
02-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Even after a good Senior bowl performance Scott was bashing Pat White. Now apparently the scouts are raving about his combine performance. What sez you now Scott?

Wrathman
02-22-2009, 08:53 PM
White blew away Sanchez today...and that was just the throwing drills.

thenewfeature06
02-22-2009, 08:59 PM
was white wearing gloves today on both hands while throwing or no..

ThePudge
02-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Scott's problem with him is similar to many... He wants to play Quarterback, he can throw, he can run, but he sure doesn't look the part of an NFL Quarterback physically, nor did he play in an offense that translates to the NFL. Once he picks a position, he will be much easier to evaluate and like as a prospect. Tougher to figure out than Brad Smith or Michael Robinson because of his dedication to the QB position.

Of course, he has said he could work out at Wide Receiver, yet that all is being said after a stellar day working out as a Quarterback. I like White, but man is he confusing to evaluate!

kwilk103
02-22-2009, 09:20 PM
was white wearing gloves today on both hands while throwing or no..

yes.......

kwilk103
02-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Scott's problem with him is similar to many... He wants to play Quarterback, he can throw, he can run, but he sure doesn't look the part of an NFL Quarterback physically, nor did he play in an offense that translates to the NFL. Once he picks a position, he will be much easier to evaluate and like as a prospect. Tougher to figure out than Brad Smith or Michael Robinson because of his dedication to the QB position.

Of course, he has said he could work out at Wide Receiver, yet that all is being said after a stellar day working out as a Quarterback. I like White, but man is he confusing to evaluate!

dont know what you mean by pick a position

hes said hes gonna play qb until hes told 'no'

THav916
02-22-2009, 09:27 PM
dont know what you mean by pick a position

hes said hes gonna play qb until hes told 'no'

I think it's huge that he's finally willing to 'help out a team any way possible' and run some routes at his pro day. He clearly wants to be a QB, participated as a QB only today and mighta looked bad next to all those other WR's. But even as a QB, he'll be sitting on the bench next year. The fact that you could use your backup QB as a WR/return man, in addition to him looking strong as a QB should really help his stock.

OneToughGame
02-22-2009, 10:16 PM
I think it's huge that he's finally willing to 'help out a team any way possible' and run some routes at his pro day. He clearly wants to be a QB, participated as a QB only today and mighta looked bad next to all those other WR's. But even as a QB, he'll be sitting on the bench next year. The fact that you could use your backup QB as a WR/return man, in addition to him looking strong as a QB should really help his stock.

Seneca Wallace much? :P

Staubach12
02-22-2009, 10:27 PM
I expected a better 40 from White. But he did throw very well.

holt_bruce81
02-22-2009, 10:31 PM

I think he said before his combine workouts that he would be willing to workout as a Receiver at his Pro Day.

lordquas
02-22-2009, 10:33 PM
pat whites proving everyone wrong that hates on him.
putting up good numbers
throwing the ball very well
the guys a gamer.
go-pat-white

ThePudge
02-22-2009, 10:35 PM
I think he said before his combine workouts that he would be willing to workout as a Receiver at his Pro Day.

I heard that as well. Personally, I'm a bit surprised he didn't allow himself to be worked out at WR at the Senior Bowl practices or Combine. Like many, I think he is a better fit as a WR on Sundays, still I have never seen White catch the ball or run a route so he is very hard to evaluate at the position.

Dirkman
02-22-2009, 10:43 PM
PAt White didn't impress me very much today.

His dropback was very slow, and for someone who is that fast, you would think his footwork could be faster, and then his balls were floating and he didn't have the best of control on his passes and struggled to throw the out route with drive and velocity on his ball.

All pat white showed was that he is a good athlete, and we already knew that.

hagy34
02-22-2009, 10:57 PM
My Vikes could use a guy like White. A few wrinkles in our boring offense not to mention a much needed boost in the return game.

Dirkman
02-22-2009, 11:02 PM
My Vikes could use a guy like White. A few wrinkles in our boring offense not to mention a much needed boost in the return game.

Pat White would not be that dynamic as a returner, doesn't have the top end speed or acceleration for it, though he is agile..

don't get carried away by combine hype..Remember Adrian Mcpherson a couple years back?

holt_bruce81
02-22-2009, 11:04 PM

How do you know he would be a good return man?

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pat White would not be that dynamic as a returner, doesn't have the top end speed or acceleration for it, though he is agile..

don't get carried away by combine hype..Remember Adrian Mcpherson a couple years back?

He got cut cause the Titans mascot ran over him with a golf cart...

and I believe that White would be a good return man. He's accelerates very quickly and is very agile. Long speed isn't necessary for a good returner, acceleration and quickness is.

BlindSite
Why does legitimate concern over his ability to be a pro-QB automatically translate into hatred?

Dirkman
02-22-2009, 11:06 PM
He got cut cause the Titans mascot ran over him with a golf cart...

and I believe that White would be a good return man. He's accelerates very quickly and is very agile. Long speed isn't necessary for a good returner, acceleration and quickness is.

lol..

naw I think It had to do with the fact that he had a cocky attitude but never showed any real progress

LonghornsLegend
02-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Why does legitimate concern over his ability to be a pro-QB automatically translate into hatred?

Why do the people who think he won't pan out as a NFL QB get accused of having some sort of "hatred", is it really that serious? Some guys like him some don't, but some problems he'll have like height, and seeing over offensive lineman won't be fixed at the Combines, he had no offensive lineman in front of him when he was throwing and he still has to show he can make the proper reads an NFL offense will ask of him.

Physically I didn't have many doubts, Reggie McNeal and Brad Smith could throw the ball well too, so could Randle El, so that's hardly enough to make me feel like he's legit all of a sudden.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
02-22-2009, 11:10 PM
Physically I didn't have many doubts, Reggie McNeal and Brad Smith could throw the ball well too, so could Randle El, so that's hardly enough to make me feel like he's legit all of a sudden.

No, they really couldn't.

Dirkman
02-22-2009, 11:12 PM
No, they really couldn't.

reggie mcneal could, He Had a cannon on him, He could make all the throws, and had decent size to boot.

The problem with him is that he didn't develop adequate basic pro skills at Texas A&M, and didn't have the intelligence to play QB at the NFL level.

Pat White is not the same type of Athlete as Reggie Mcneal.He's a level below that.

hagy34
02-23-2009, 12:21 AM

Not carried away with any hype. He is great in space and faster than what we have at the moment. Watching Bobby Wade, Maurice Hicks and Aundrae Allison lead me to believe that White would be a nice boost.

Cicero
02-23-2009, 12:44 AM
Not carried away with any hype. He is great in space and faster than what we have at the moment. Watching Bobby Wade, Maurice Hicks and Aundrae Allison lead me to believe that White would be a nice boost.
For kick returns you could have him lined up back with his boy from WV Reynaud.

kwilk103
02-23-2009, 02:09 AM
white went to ca to work with bob johnson (son is rob johnson former qb for bills)

hes also coached carson palmer, mark sanchez, matt leinart, brody croyle, vince young, kyle boller, drew stanton, drew brees, joey harrington, david carr

OneToughGame
02-23-2009, 05:36 AM
white went to ca to work with bob johnson (son is rob johnson former qb for bills)

hes also coached carson palmer, mark sanchez, matt leinart, brody croyle, vince young, kyle boller, drew stanton, drew brees, joey harrington, david carr

This list makes me wonder... lol.

ChiefMojo
02-23-2009, 12:03 PM
I guess if your looking for a pure typical NFL offense he might be shaky to some, but there are many teams starting to go to spreads in the NFL. Case in point the Chiefs ran the Pistol Spread for over half the season and Tyler Thigpen did a very good job of doing it. This is a perfect type of offense for White as it is a college offense in the pros and it WORKED!

Outside of Stafford, I would take White over Sanchez in a heartbeat in the Chiefs new offense. The ability of a QB to be able to run is vital.

BBIB
02-23-2009, 07:10 PM
SCott actually gave Pat White a little credit-

"In other news West Virginia's Pat White opted to only take part in the quarterback drills but he actually had a solid workout"

==
As I said before the combine, it didnt matter how great Pat White looked throwing the ball. He could even look like the best QB there. (Which is funny because I had no idea that could arguably be the case)

But it would not matter because those who had pre-conceived biases against the guy would be viewing his throws through a lens of disdain.

They would be looking for the faults and be missing the success.

Accuracy, velocity, strength, footwork, none of those things would matter because they would be filtered and somehow spun into a negative.

Either negativity or silence. Some guys like ESPN and Todd McShay chose silents, others even spin the positive into a negative

But that's ok some team will give Pat White a shot on an NFL roster. That's all I ask. Maybe the conservative thinking will prevent him from being a full-time QB but not from making an impact on an NFL team