PDA

View Full Version : Lewis, Brown or Dillion

Yung Flippa
03-05-2007, 06:30 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravens305,0,7894271.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines
(I Got The Link From Niel89 From The Joey Porter Thread)

Assuming We Don't Draft A RB (I Think that we will though)
It Looks Like We Are Going After Only 3 Backs In Free Agency:
Jamal Lewis
Corey Dillion
Chris Brown
I Would Rather Have Chris Brown

1. Corey Dillion Wants To Be A Feature Back But We Will Porbably Be Splitting Carries With Mike Anderson
Also He Is Either 33 or 34 years old

2. Jamal Lewis Has Lost His Power
He Showed That He Is Losing It Last Year Even Though He Still Ran For 1,000 yards
He Just Can't Explode Anymore

3. The Reason Why I Want Chris Brown is Because He Is The Youngest of The Three (26 years old)
He Might Be Willing To Take Less Money Because He Has Expressed Lots of Interest In Playing With Steve McNair Again
Also McNair Will Probably Suggest Taking Chris Brown

But Who You Guys Want In Our Backfield next Year?

ccB
03-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Out of those 3 I'd want Jamal back.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Out of those 3 I would say Jamal first, Brown second, Dillon never!

Jamal just because he has proven he can carry the load before and he is still young if he could just figure how to run like his old self again!!!!

Chris Brown because he is young, but he is also injury prone so thats kinda scary about him.

Corey Dillon should never be given the priviledge of wearing a Ravens uniform!

Ravens1991
03-05-2007, 06:35 PM
I would prefer Lamont Jordan, I read on a different forum that he still has a home in MD. Plus I think he is like 28 or so but was behind Curtis Martin earlier in his career

America
03-05-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm torn on Brown and Lewis. Brown is too injury prone and Lewis is just bad. I wouldn't want Dillon. We really needed to develop some good backs by this time...too bad Musa never got healthy.

Ravens1991
03-05-2007, 06:37 PM
I just checked nfl.com and Lamont will be 29 next season, but he has never gotten a 100+ carry season until the 05 season so I wouldnt mind him.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-05-2007, 06:37 PM
I'd rather have Garret Wolfe as a starter than any of them. I really wanted Travis Henry or Thomas Jones in the offseason. There is also sum talk of Julius Jones being released. If so i would love him to come play here.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-05-2007, 06:38 PM
I just checked nfl.com and Lamont will be 29 next season, but he has never gotten a 100+ carry season until the 05 season so I wouldnt mind him.

i wouldn't mind him either but you have to keep in mind he is coming off a big injury and probably wont be 100%

EdReedUnstoppable
03-05-2007, 06:44 PM
I wouldn't mind Julius Jones at all should he be released

ccB
03-05-2007, 08:16 PM
I'd rather have Garret Wolfe as a starter than any of them. I really wanted Travis Henry or Thomas Jones in the offseason. There is also sum talk of Julius Jones being released. If so i would love him to come play here.
Garrett Wolfe will never make it in the nfl as a starting RB

Yung Flippa
03-05-2007, 08:37 PM

You Never Isn't That What People Thought About Marques Colston Last Year?
Now He Is The Number #1 Wideout Out In The N.O.

Ravens1991
03-05-2007, 08:40 PM
but the thing is Wolf weighs like 180 a human cant take 20-25 carries at that weight unless he is 5 feet and as strong as a ox.

Yung Flippa
03-05-2007, 08:49 PM
He Probably Has Time To Get Bigger And Stronger
For The First Year The Team That Drafts Him Can Use Him As A Kick/Punt Returner

niel89
03-05-2007, 10:26 PM
tomas jones is now defintely out. he got traded to the jets

ccB
03-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Garrett Wolfe = Darren Sproles

ChefMike
03-05-2007, 11:04 PM

Or what about Warrick Dunn he is an everydown back and not doing too shabby.. I think Wolfe will be a late round selection too bad we don't have a 4th rd choice this year

What about Lorenzo Booker as the compliment to Anderson...

Chris Brown runs too high and is injury prone...if he is 26 and has already suffered this much of a beating... very scary when you think of the beating RB's take in the AFC let alone our division...

ccB
03-06-2007, 07:55 AM
Or what about Warrick Dunn he is an everydown back and not doing too shabby.. I think Wolfe will be a late round selection too bad we don't have a 4th rd choice this year

What about Lorenzo Booker as the compliment to Anderson...

Chris Brown runs too high and is injury prone...if he is 26 and has already suffered this much of a beating... very scary when you think of the beating RB's take in the AFC let alone our division...

Dunn is thick though. I think Booker is more comparable to Dunn than Wolfe is.

bennybee38
03-06-2007, 08:42 AM
I'd settle with chris brown. i think he could still have a couple good years in front of him but there is no way i want dillon or jamal on the team. If we dont sign a guy in free agency..Antonio Pittman should be drafted. He has pretty much no weaknesses.

dcarey20
03-06-2007, 02:48 PM

are you crazy? garrett wolfe? he may go undrafted. doesn't have much of a future in the NFL.

anway, the guy i want is willis mcgahee. but if i had to choose from those 3, it would be chris brown 1st, corey dillon 2nd, and jamal 3rd.

in the draft, i want lorenzo booker really badly.