PDA

View Full Version : How high can Ron Brace go?

JohnCandy
02-24-2009, 09:34 AM
How high can Ron Brace go?

Those guys that can play the NT position are rare and with a number of team searching for help at the position where could he land.

After B.J Raji he is the best fit on the nose.

Matthew Jones
02-24-2009, 09:36 AM
I think he'll go early-to-mid second, I would consider him late in the first as a team like Miami, though. He's going to be overdrafted based on his position, just like Josh Freeman, etc.

Kase1
02-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Ron Brace is gonna be a nasty NT in the NFL, just like Raji can be...... Imagine if a 4-3 team landing both of those guys to play the inside

Menardo75
02-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Not in the late first round like a lot of people are picking up on.

PossibleCabbage
02-24-2009, 12:57 PM
I think Brace could go in the early second, as a team reaches for a NT since there's not a ton of ready to go NT talent behind Raji.

I don't think he'll be nearly as successful as Raji though, Raji has a great combination of quickness, power, and size. Brace has the power and size, but is kind of a slug, and those guys never really do well in the NFL. In order for the NT to be effective, he not only needs to be a big strong guy who can hold the point, he also has to be quick enough to be worth blocking in the first place.

Brace will probably go somewhere in the top half of the second, but it's probably higher than he deserves.

Dark Knight01
02-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Brace should go in the early to mid 2nd Round.....

BeerBaron
02-24-2009, 01:32 PM
If teams in big neet of a real NT like Oakland, GB and Denver don't go Raji in the first, i doubt he falls past them all in the 2nd round.

bored of education
02-24-2009, 01:33 PM
If teams in big neet of a real NT like Oakland, GB and Denver don't go Raji in the first, i doubt he falls past them all in the 2nd round.

IF KC does switch to 3-4 watch them draft Curry then Brace

BeerBaron
02-24-2009, 01:34 PM
IF KC does switch to 3-4 watch them draft Curry then Brace

They'd be solidifying right up the middle then. Not a bad way to go.

Whitebull
02-24-2009, 02:24 PM
I wouldn't let him past the Lions at 33. We have a nice gaping hole at DT in my opinion, and were KILLED by the run last year. Schwartz says, gotta stop the run and run the ball first. Mayhew wants to get bigger and more physical. Ron Brace would probably improve our team more right away than anyone else we look in line to draft.

indyfan1985
02-24-2009, 04:20 PM
The Colts have taken a look at him so watch for the Colts to make a play for him by either trading down from the 1st or trading up in the 2nd to get him. While Brace is generally made to fit in the 3-4 as a NT, he could also fit very well in the 4-3 our Indy's NT. The coaching staff has said that they want to get bigger on the D-line so I look for them to draft bigger guys at DT.

Jakey
02-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Casey Hampton was projected as a 2nd rounder coming out of college...Steelers picked him because he was a perfect fit as a NT in the 3-4, similar situation with Brace. Could go allot higher than most people expect.

That being said, i still think he's a definative 2nd rounder.

superpack84
02-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Packers are in need of a long term NT for there new 3-4 defense. I'm thinking that they may miss out on Raji and Brace before there picks in rounds 1 and 2.

kiranadwaney
02-24-2009, 06:31 PM
i think he goes to denver in the 2nd round or around there. so middle of the 2nd

Dark Knight01
02-24-2009, 11:31 PM
I wouldn't let him past the Lions at 33. We have a nice gaping hole at DT in my opinion, and were KILLED by the run last year. Schwartz says, gotta stop the run and run the ball first. Mayhew wants to get bigger and more physical. Ron Brace would probably improve our team more right away than anyone else we look in line to draft.

Brace could possibly be Schwartzs' new version of Haynesworth?

falloutboy14
02-25-2009, 01:13 AM
I may be saying this more as a fan then an analyst, but I think he might have a shot with the Colts at 27. The Colts are as desperate as anyone inside, and as others have said Caldwell wants to get bigger. If people say he should be picked in the 33-43 range, then its not a huge reach to take him at 27. Maybe they can trade down 2-8 picks and still get him, but if you believe he has a shot to be your starting NT for a decade, and its a position of need, make sure you get him.