PDA

View Full Version : Big School Sleepers

SeanTaylorRIP
02-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Everyone is always trying to find the small school sleeper but sometimes there are some BCS school kids who fall through the cracks and were guys who were even all conference performers in BCS conferences. Who are your big school sleepers who you think will go later than round 3 but will become good pro's? Many might be overlooked because of injury

Here are mine:

Kevin Barnes CB Maryland

Darryl Richard DT Georgia Tech

Cedric Peerman RB Virginia

Andre Brown RB NCState

Kory Sheets RB Purdue

Quan Cosby WR Texas

Richard Quinn TE North Carolina

Tyronne Greene G Auburn

Edwin Williams C Maryland

Deon Butler WR Penn State

Brandon Tate WR North Carolina

Kevin Oggletree WR Virginia

Mike Wallace WR Ole Miss

Hines
02-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Darcel McBath S Texas Tech
CJ Spillman S Marshall

Solomon
02-24-2009, 01:40 PM
OP mentioned him but I am really intrigued by Mike Wallace. Two productive years in the SEC despite playing with a young, inexperienced QB. Great size/speed combo (6 ft, 199 lbs with a 4.33 40) which I expected from Jeremy Maclin and can help in the return game too.

Roy Miller is also an interesting guy with good college production and excellent measurables.

AQ Shipley and Travis Beckum are two others I think people are starting to sleep on.

Shipley is short, but he's strong, tenacious, uses good leverage and was very impressive going against big 10 competition.

Beckum is starting to become kind of a forgotten man because of his injury but I really like him as an HB prospect and think he can be a Dustin Keller/Chris Cooley type in the pros.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-24-2009, 01:45 PM
OP mentioned him but I am really intrigued by Mike Wallace. Two productive years in the SEC despite playing with a young, inexperienced QB. Great size/speed combo (6 ft, 199 lbs with a 4.33 40) which I expected from Jeremy Maclin and can help in the return game too.

Roy Miller is also an interesting guy with good college production and excellent measurables.

AQ Shipley and Travis Beckum are two others I think people are starting to sleep on.

Shipley is short, but he's strong, tenacious, uses good leverage and was very impressive going against big 10 competition.

Beckum is starting to become kind of a forgotten man because of his injury but I really like him as an HB prospect and think he can be a Dustin Keller/Chris Cooley type in the pros.

Yup big fan of Shipley, would like to correct though Cooley hasn't been an H-back since the experiment his rookie season. He is a traditional TE.

TitanHope
02-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Rulon Davis, DE/3-Tech/5-Tech, California - Love him. Love, love, love. Him, him, him.

Really my only big school sleeper that I'm high on. He's an absolute monster, but injuries... :(

Plus, how badass is the name Rulon? I mean c'mon...

Texas Homer
02-24-2009, 02:50 PM
DT Roy Miller

SenorGato
02-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Virginia's 3 guys past Sintim are very interesting (Phillips, Peerman, Ogletree).

I like Roy Miller, and he comes from a program with a good DT pedigree.

Davis was a good choice.

No one talks about Jairus Byrd for some reason.

I like Hamlin and Scott from Clemson.

I like Otis Wiley (Mich. St.) and Chip Vaughn (Wake Forest) at safety...I also like Courtney Greene and David Bruton alot. They're not Sean Taylor safeties obviously, but I don't think this safety class is as bad as people keep saying it is.

I like Cadogan from Penn St. I think he can be a sleeper at RT, as is Gardner from GT.

Scott McKillop is a damn good LBer...

Don Vito
02-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Mike Wallace could be a great get for someone, he the potential to be a great deep threat and KR like he was at Ole Miss. He has good hands too, he just needs to work on his route running.

bored of education
02-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Yup big fan of Shipley, would like to correct though Cooley hasn't been an H-back since the experiment his rookie season. He is a traditional TE.

yeah I always just assume it because he is white sorry :(

but he has def been more traditional than Tony G and Clark

ToldLikeItIs
02-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Bradley Fletcher, obviously.

Staggart
02-24-2009, 04:21 PM
conner baldwin... Big east sack leader if I am thinking correctly. Original position is TE but looked very good with hand in dirt and I think he looked pretty good at the combine.

Brent
02-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Brian Hartline

SeanTaylorRIP
02-24-2009, 04:46 PM
conner baldwin... Big east sack leader if I am thinking correctly. Original position is TE but looked very good with hand in dirt and I think he looked pretty good at the combine.

It's Barwin and yeah he definitely is intriguing although DE might not be the best fit for him.

Staggart
02-24-2009, 05:16 PM
It's Barwin and yeah he definitely is intriguing although DE might not be the best fit for him.

thanks thats my girlfriends last name... ughhh

kiranadwaney
02-24-2009, 06:28 PM
i really like louis murphy. i think he will be one of the better wr to come out of this class. i dont know if its ok to say him in this thread because it says outside the first 3 rounds, but i guess there is a chance he falls into round 4

thenewfeature06
02-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Jeremiah Johnson-RB-Oregon

SeanTaylorRIP
02-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Jeremiah Johnson-RB-Oregon

I like him too a lot, he was really raised his stock at the senior bowl. He's like a poor man's Matt Forte.

ironman4579
02-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Rulon Davis, DE/3-Tech/5-Tech, California - Love him. Love, love, love. Him, him, him.

Really my only big school sleeper that I'm high on. He's an absolute monster, but injuries... :(

Plus, how badass is the name Rulon? I mean c'mon...

Ex Marine as well, so you know he probably has a decent work ethic, although he might not be that bright, right SK? ;)

Sniper
02-24-2009, 08:03 PM
A.Q Shipley...

tEk
02-24-2009, 08:10 PM
kevin ellison USC S kids a beast, and has a real nose for the ball. always in on the play.

PACKmanN
02-24-2009, 08:47 PM
Cody Brown says hi to all.

skinzzfan25
02-24-2009, 08:53 PM
I was gonna say Barnes too, love his physicality.

keylime_5
02-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Brian Hartline, Donald Washington, Brian Robiskie, Alex Boone, and Marcus Freeman :)

ThePudge
02-24-2009, 09:10 PM
From Ohio State Nader Abdallah is a big school sleeper that may not be drafted at DT. He's a fairly big, athletic guy, who really works his tail off. He had a good Senior season and a great week at the Texas vs. the Nation game. A typical backup DT that could make an impact somewhere sooner rather than later.

Chip Vaughn doesn't get a lot of hype here, not yet at least. He showed up at the Combine in a big way and it's tough to find a Wake Forest game in which Vaughn hasn't played a big role in. I think scouts like this guy more than a lot of us and he will be ranked pretty high in my next set of rankings, which should debut later tonight.

Roy Miller and Ryan Palmer from texas are two solid, draftable players that don't receive a whole lot of hype here. Miller, in particular, could hang somewhere as a 3rd DT and make an impact early in his career.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-24-2009, 09:12 PM
I was gonna say Barnes too, love his physicality.

Also very underrated corner and has NFL speed unlike many corners in this draft.

Texas Homer
02-24-2009, 09:12 PM
From Ohio State Nader Abdallah is a big school sleeper that may not be drafted at DT. He's a fairly big, athletic guy, who really works his tail off. He had a good Senior season and a great week at the Texas vs. the Nation game. A typical backup DT that could make an impact somewhere sooner rather than later.

Chip Vaughn doesn't get a lot of hype here, not yet at least. He showed up at the Combine in a big way and it's tough to find a Wake Forest game in which Vaughn hasn't played a big role in. I think scouts like this guy more than a lot of us and he will be ranked pretty high in my next set of rankings, which should debut later tonight.

Roy Miller and Ryan Palmer from texas are two solid, draftable players that don't receive a whole lot of hype here. Miller, in particular, could hang somewhere as a 3rd DT and make an impact early in his career.

Ryan Palmer reminds me of Jacque Reeves.

Brent
02-24-2009, 10:29 PM
I like him too a lot, he was really raised his stock at the senior bowl. He's like a poor man's Matt Forte.
Matt Forte isn't a speed back, he's bigger.

art vandelay
02-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Bruce Johnson CB Miami

Brandon Gibson WR Washington State

Glen Coffee RB Alabama

HawkeyeFan
02-24-2009, 11:55 PM
Bradley Fletcher, CB, IOWA