21ST
02-24-2009, 12:46 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/

they said it on nfl network too

yuck but ill be damned if it wasnt a need

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 12:48 PM
and the NFC East gets even stronger.

seriously, this is not fair. its like every time they gotta go to a Giants rival.

Menardo75
02-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Wow don't really know what to make of that.

21ST
02-24-2009, 12:50 PM

seriously, this is not fair. its like every time they gotta go to a Giants rival.

you can atleast be happy that Hall should be gone

Gay Ork Wang
02-24-2009, 12:50 PM
this is kinda unexpected.

regoob2
02-24-2009, 12:51 PM
That is a ton of money. NFC east is sick.

tjsunstein
02-24-2009, 12:53 PM
I don't think he will ever match his production from last year. He got the money while he could and I think the Redskins and their fans will be dissapointed in what he does for them.

21ST
02-24-2009, 12:53 PM

Not really but maybe just redskins fans knew this was comming because last week Snyder had lunch with his agent.

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 12:54 PM
you can atleast be happy that Hall should be gone

Synder will find a way to get both. he always does.

princefielder28
02-24-2009, 12:56 PM
B-E-A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E

Be aggressive and that's what Washington is doing.

The East is gonna be sick and hopefully Dallas will be sitting at the bottom.

21ST
02-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Synder will find a way to get both. he always does.

Maybe but they already said they are going to let him hit the market so someone might snatch him up

Gay Ork Wang
02-24-2009, 01:00 PM
hey im at least its not the Lions

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Maybe but they already said they are going to let him hit the market so someone might snatch him up

either way, Big Al is much more of a concern than Hall ever was.

With Al, and a DE in the 1st round, the skins defense is going to be sick. It already is. I don't know if any division can hold a candle to the overall defensive sickness of the NFC East.

Flyboy
02-24-2009, 01:01 PM
w00t!!

As long as he doesn't come to the NFC South, I'm happy.

Chief49er
02-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Tampering?

21ST
02-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Tampering?

Sounds like it

Splat
02-24-2009, 01:12 PM

Not really this is what they do.

21ST
02-24-2009, 01:13 PM
either way, Big Al is much more of a concern than Hall ever was.

With Al, and a DE in the 1st round, the skins defense is going to be sick. It already is. I don't know if any division can hold a candle to the overall defensive sickness of the NFC East.

Word out of redskins park is they want chris canty

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Word out of redskins park is they want chris canty

why? canty isn't a 4-3 guy.

kwilk103
02-24-2009, 01:17 PM
My source tells me to look for a contract that could break $100 million with an average of $15 million to $16 million per.

what? too much

bored of education
hahaha epicness indeed!

21ST
why? canty isn't a 4-3 guy.

He fits our defense

bored of education
My source tells me to look for a contract that could break $100 million with an average of $15 million to $16 million per.

what? too much

woops sorry nvm lol

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 01:18 PM
He fits our defense

as a base LE?

I still think youre better off with a guy like Larry English at LE. much better fit and production as a pass rusher.

steelernation77
02-24-2009, 01:19 PM
B-E-A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E

Be aggressive and that's what Washington is doing.

The East is gonna be sick and hopefully Dallas will be sitting at the bottom.

Washington is always "agressive" and it hasn't really worked yet.

Most teams that have consistent success do not go out and sign free agents to huge contracts.

Notredameleo
02-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Im calling BS. This is tampering...lol..

21ST
02-24-2009, 01:21 PM
as a base LE?

I still think youre better off with a guy like Larry English at LE. much better fit and production as a pass rusher.

I agree with you but i can guarantee you that the skin are not going to draft a DE with 13

NY+Giants=NYG
02-24-2009, 01:29 PM

If they want to break the bank for him so be it. I don't mind that. But yeah pretty much the NFC East is where the attention is. There is a reason why the teams are constantly in an arms race to retool their roster.

Chief49er
02-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Seriously, if this is true the Skins will be paying more than 100 million. They will be paying with a draft pick because the NFL will take one and give it to the Titans because of tampering.

Anyway, once that dude makes that money he will fall off the face of the planet. His best two years were in contract years. I feel bad for whatever team pays him that much money.

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 01:33 PM
I agree with you but i can guarantee you that the skin are not going to draft a DE with 13

left tackle?

Flyboy
02-24-2009, 01:34 PM
left tackle?

That'd be my guess.

bigbluedefense
If they want to break the bank for him so be it. I don't mind that. But yeah pretty much the NFC East is where the attention is. There is a reason why the teams are constantly in an arms race to retool their roster.

i do. this isn't an overthehill player they just signed. they just signed the most dominant dlinemen in football.

:(

Geo
How will tampering be proved? That is wishful thinking.

Everyone knows that agents and teams are talking already, even though free agency doesn't officially start until I believe midnight this Friday.

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 01:35 PM
That'd be my guess.

i can see the Skins having a big year.

Geo
02-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Btw, I think Washington makes a lot of sense. Snyder wants to make a big splash but doesn't want to blow it again, however Haynesworth comes off two Pro Bowl seasons and is under the age of 30 so he could see less calculated risk. Plus he won't even cost a draft pick. And Haynesworth could be really big for the Redskins.

I'm not going to be sad seeing him leave the division, going to the loaded NFC East.

Andre Gurode will get to see Haynesworth twice a year if this happens. Make sure your chinstrap is secure so your helmet doesn't come off!

D-Unit
02-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Heavens ta Betsy!!! Oh my Lord!

OK Jerry, start the full court press on Ray Lewis. We must counter!!!

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 01:42 PM
thank God the skins offense still sucks.

or else the rest of us East fans would be in trouble.

Flyboy
02-24-2009, 01:45 PM

All it takes is Jason Campbell finally "getting it" imo.

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 01:47 PM
All it takes is Jason Campbell finally "getting it" imo.

i liked Gibbs (year 2) scheme more than Zorns. they need a heavy dose of Moss screens and vertical passes.

Campbell plays captain checkdown in Zorn's scheme.

SeanTaylorRIP
Damn Fat Albert, Cornelius Griffin, Andre Carter, and Jason Taylor is a pretty sick D-line minus Jason Taylor.

NY+Giants=NYG
i do. this isn't an overthehill player they just signed. they just signed the most dominant dlinemen in football.

:(

Yeah who hasn't played a full season and has a shady character. Not to mention they have other needs and depth issues across the board. If they want to pour that much money into 1 player who hasn't played a full season, then so be it. Once again they would win the superbowl for the offseason. I want to see if a guy who hasn't played a full season can take the pounding of playing in our division.

Some reason he reminds me of the Manny R. of football. Great talent, but once he gets that big contract, I wonder if he gets lazy. He also had the stigma of taking plays off and putting it on autopilot. Just not a guy I would pay that much money to.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Yeah who hasn't played a full season and has a shady character. Not to mention they have other needs and depth issues across the board. If they want to pour that much money into 1 player who hasn't played a full season, then so be it. Once again they would win the superbowl for the offseason. I want to see if a guy who hasn't played a full season can take the pounding of playing in our division.

Don't be jealous lol. But I don't get the argument money isn't a problem, it's not like we give Fat Albert this contract and all of a sudden don't have money to offer to other guys. If someone wants to play in DC Snyder will pay them to. If this weren't the Skins everyone would be praising them. Like if say the Bucs got him everyone would be going nuts, but since he's rumored to the Skins he's gonna bust.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Don't be jealous lol. But I don't get the argument money isn't a problem, it's not like we give Fat Albert this contract and all of a sudden don't have money to offer to other guys. If someone wants to play in DC Snyder will pay them to. If this weren't the Skins everyone would be praising them. Like if say the Bucs got him everyone would be going nuts, but since he's rumored to the Skins he's gonna bust.

Jealous? Of not getting Fat Albert? We have an elite D-line last time I checked, with Osi coming back, and Kiwi staying at DE now. I don't see anything to be jealous about. Spending money on big time free agents is not the Jerry Reese way. Maybe Accorsi's style, not Reese's style of running this team. Build from within this draft, and we have 9 picks I believe without factoring comp picks. Trust me jealous isn't the word I would use. Not to mention your fellow fans aren't really happy with the move according to your extremeskins MB.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Doesn't sound like tampering, because this isn't close to official. Just sounds like the Redskins are going to offer a **** ton of money... more then anyone else. And logic would imply that he's going to go to the highest bidder.

D-Unit
02-24-2009, 01:57 PM

Until the day Zorn unleashed his secret weapon... Colt Brennan. Seriously, Zorn is developing/coaching him perfectly.

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 02:03 PM
speaking of DTs, i want Jarron Gilbert on the Giants.

with Osi, Tuck, Kiwi, and a credible DT, our front 4 would be unblockable.

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Until the day Zorn unleashed his secret weapon... Colt Brennan. Seriously, Zorn is developing/coaching him perfectly.

I still have faith in Campbell though. He just needs to stop checking down.

Sniper
02-24-2009, 02:07 PM

The NFC East had three top 6 defenses in terms of ppg this year.

And then the red-headed stepchild finished 20th in the league and shamed the division.

Sniper
02-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Ok Eagles, time for to get that Boldin fella to counter.

21ST
02-24-2009, 02:12 PM
left tackle?

Or the best LB on the board, it depends

bigbluedefense
The NFC East had three top 6 defenses in terms of ppg this year.

And then the red-headed stepchild finished 20th in the league and shamed the division.

Dallas finished 8th in total D

Eagles 3, Skins 4 and Giants 5.

NY+Giants=NYG
speaking of DTs, i want Jarron Gilbert on the Giants.

with Osi, Tuck, Kiwi, and a credible DT, our front 4 would be unblockable.

We have enough picks to move up or down and get whoever we want. I wonder if we go after Raji. Stick him with Robbins, and rotate Tuck like we did when Strahan was there, and we have the same rotation system in place to do some damage. I am not big on a DT in the first round however. William Joseph memories are still fresh.

stephenson86
02-24-2009, 02:17 PM
i really hope the titans dont try and beat there offer...waste of money

TitleTown088
02-24-2009, 02:19 PM
16 million? Really? Dan, you crazy.

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 02:20 PM
i really hope the titans dont try and beat there offer...waste of money

waste of money? did you see how diff your defense was without him? the #s were amazing.

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 02:20 PM
We have enough picks to move up or down and get whoever we want. I wonder if we go after Raji. Stick him with Robbins, and rotate Tuck like we did when Strahan was there, and we have the same rotation system in place to do some damage. I am not big on a DT in the first round however. William Joseph memories are still fresh.

its gonna cost too much to get Raji. id love him though.

CashmoneyDrew
02-24-2009, 02:21 PM
waste of money? did you see how diff your defense was without him? the #s were amazing.

Yeah in 2007 not in 2008. I'm going to miss Fat Al, but I still have faith we'll have one of the best defenses in the league.

Go_Eagles77
02-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Andre Gurode just **** his pants.

NY+Giants=NYG
02-24-2009, 02:24 PM
its gonna cost too much to get Raji. id love him though.

Yeah but if we wanted to we do have enough I think in terms of picks and ways to compensate.

DiG
02-24-2009, 02:25 PM
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9983/happysadsticks.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2222/2488796267_44cf8d9cd3.jpg

i iz very torn...

TitanHope
02-24-2009, 02:25 PM

We steamrolled Pittsburgh without him. Haynesworth is a great, great, GREAT player, but the notion that the Titans would crumble without him is gone now that the offensive productivity has picked up and better depth has made the team much more balanced.

...I still really want him back tho! :D

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 02:35 PM
We steamrolled Pittsburgh without him. Haynesworth is a great, great, GREAT player, but the notion that the Titans would crumble without him is gone now that the offensive productivity has picked up and better depth has made the team much more balanced.

...I still really want him back tho! :D

i want you guys to sign him not only bc he won't be on the Skins

but also bc I want us to sign Kevin Vickerson away from you guys. He's one of my sleeper FAs.

phlysac
02-24-2009, 02:36 PM
How will tampering be proved? That is wishful thinking.

Everyone knows that agents and teams are talking already, even though free agency doesn't officially start until I believe midnight this Friday.

Tell that to the 49ers who lost their 5th rounder to the Bears last season.

TitanHope
02-24-2009, 02:38 PM
i want you guys to sign him not only bc he won't be on the Skins

but also bc I want us to sign Kevin Vickerson away from you guys. He's one of my sleeper FAs.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

How do you know of Kevin Vickerson?! :(

bigbluedefense
02-24-2009, 02:41 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

How do you know of Kevin Vickerson?! :(

I got an eye for talent ;)

The Unseen
02-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Good riddance.

triggernome
02-24-2009, 02:43 PM
I don't care as long as he's way the **** away from the AFC South.

TitanHope
02-24-2009, 02:55 PM

I'm hoping he makes a Tony Brown-esque rise if we bring him back. The Titans coaching staff favored him over Antonio Johnson who was a draft pick (5th RD? not sure...), so hopefully they'll get him re-signed. He'd be a tremendous pickup for you guys if we don't.

The Titans coaches and FO have had the knack of bringing in low key guys like Tony Brown, Dave Ball, and Kevin Vickerson and getting tremendous results out of them. That's the only thing that gives me comfort in the possible loss of Fat Al. That, or it just proves that the Titans DL production is the result of a, dare I say it, SYSTEMZ?! *lightning crashes in background*

ThePudge
02-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Members in the Washington front office have reportedly said otherwise and have claimed Haynesworth rumors are just that, rumors.

TitleTown088
02-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Members in the Washington front office have reportedly said otherwise and have claimed Haynesworth rumors are just that, rumors.

If it were true, what do you expect them to say? It's not even Free agency yet.

DeathbyStat
02-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Perfect team for him to sign a huge contract and under achieve

Gay Ork Wang
02-24-2009, 03:53 PM
yea they'd have to give up somethign for tampering

Giantsfan1080
02-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Isn't this thread title a little misleading?

scottyboy
02-24-2009, 04:26 PM
if true, Giants must counter with Kenny Britt, time machine and LT and Jessie Armstead. top that.

jth1331
02-24-2009, 04:45 PM

No, people think he's going to be a bust because he will get the most money ever and many think he isn't really worth that much.
He seems inconsistent, questionable mentality and injury concerns.

BlindSite
02-24-2009, 05:37 PM
I love this. All of a sudden Haynesworth who was a sure fire, can't miss FA signing just became a questionable, fat, lazy mental case to everyone else who supports a team in the NFC East.

This is will be a great signing for the Skins, IF true.

stephenson86
02-24-2009, 05:52 PM

yes i did, we beat the superbowl champs and his replacement got 3.5 sacks?

CC.SD
02-24-2009, 05:59 PM
yes i did, we beat the superbowl champs and his replacement got 3.5 sacks?

Excuse me could you show me around this area...

http://www.see.leeds.ac.uk/ebi/images/studentships/nile-map-300x419.jpg

Canadian_draft_fan
02-24-2009, 06:15 PM
I just don't buy this rumour. The Skins are bringing back Taylor @ $8M, trying to sign Hall and are restructuring Griffin (in addition to Samuels, Carter & ARE). There just isn't the cap room for Haynesworth at his asking price.

jth1331
02-24-2009, 06:16 PM
I love this. All of a sudden Haynesworth who was a sure fire, can't miss FA signing just became a questionable, fat, lazy mental case to everyone else who supports a team in the NFC East.

This is will be a great signing for the Skins, IF true.

Nobody is a sure fire, can't miss FA. Paying that much money to a guy who has never played a full season due to injuries is a bit of a concern, first of all.
And remember the whole stepping on Gurode? Yeah, I'd say he could be questionable mentally.

Geo
02-24-2009, 06:25 PM
I am positive Snyder and the Skins can make it work, even with the new quirks in the last capped year of the current CBA.

And I would definitely consider cutting Jason Taylor, to make it work or even possibly not. I just think the team is better off going with a draft pick as well as an UDFA pass rusher, get some younger guys who are more hungry.

DiG
02-24-2009, 06:25 PM
I just don't buy this rumour. The Skins are bringing back Taylor @ $8M, trying to sign Hall and are restructuring Griffin (in addition to Samuels, Carter & ARE). There just isn't the cap room for Haynesworth at his asking price.

snyder is hands down one of the most innovative cap managers in the nfl. he always finds a way to get it done at the end of the day. bottom line is if they are trying to resign hall then they will cut springs. its one or the other. id say at this point rogers is not on the trade block. restructuring griffin will actually help the cap. and dont be surprised to see taylor take a pay cut as well.

OzTitan
02-24-2009, 06:28 PM

I distinctly recall Vickerson resigning with the Titans already, maybe only for 1 season but I'm pretty sure it was done recently.

EDIT: yep, page 2:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090107/SPORTS01/901070400/1027

The Titans have extended reserve defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson's contract by one year. He was scheduled to become a restricted free agent at the end of the season.

The Titans redid his contract, giving him a signing bonus of about $100,000 and adding the 2009 season with a base salary of $535,000.

JRTPlaya21
02-24-2009, 06:30 PM
And there goes more cap space and draft picks. That's just great.

MetSox17
02-24-2009, 07:15 PM
I like this signing. He'll go to Washington, sit on his fat bank account and bust for 7 years.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-24-2009, 07:21 PM
I like this signing. He'll go to Washington, sit on his fat bank account and bust for 7 years.

The same can be said for anywhere he goes and really any free agent. I'm not going to sit here and lie and not say it's a huge risk which can f up the franchise if he fails, but I'm not going to be like everyone else and pretend to be happy because he's gonna suck ass and not try for the next 7 years. The fact is he is the most dominant player in the game at times, and that's something that excites me.

JRTPlaya21
02-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Well let's pray that he does keep up his all-pro level and Snyder doesn't make things worse.

Splat
02-24-2009, 07:58 PM
snyder is hands down one of the most innovative cap managers in the nfl. he always finds a way to get it done at the end of the day. bottom line is if they are trying to resign hall then they will cut springs. its one or the other. id say at this point rogers is not on the trade block. restructuring griffin will actually help the cap. and dont be surprised to see taylor take a pay cut as well.

I would be surprised players at his age don't seem to take pay cuts to much they would rather be cut and try to get more else where.

21ST
02-24-2009, 07:58 PM

i really dont even think we are trying to sign hall

Canadian_draft_fan
02-24-2009, 08:09 PM
i really dont even think we are trying to sign hall

Possibly, but Hall remains optimistic:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/redskins/2009/Feb/24/hall-still-hoping-re-sign-redskins/

We'll see.

LonghornsLegend
02-24-2009, 08:26 PM
From what I've read the Skins were reportedly the leaders to sign Chris Canty to play LDE and play a 'Justin Tuck' type role, he'll come alot cheaper then Haynesworth but I don't see any way possible they sign both.

Sounds more concrete they land Canty over Haynesworth to be honest, I think both would be solid additions to the D-line but both should be out of the question.

DiG
02-24-2009, 08:27 PM
I would be surprised players at his age don't seem to take pay cuts to much they would rather be cut and try to get more else where.

true but samuels, griffin, carter, and el already took restructures so far. snyder has a way of restructuring often with vet players.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-24-2009, 08:29 PM
true but samuels, griffin, carter, and el already took restructures so far. snyder has a way of restructuring often with vet players.

Yup and CP restructured his big deal last year. Expect more to restructure.

gramage
02-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Redskins have done this (sign a big name free agent for a stupid amount of money) several times and it hasn't worked out well any time. Given the risk of Haynesworth slacking off once he's got his big payday this just seems like the worst match possible.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Redskins have done this (sign a big name free agent for a stupid amount of money) several times and it hasn't worked out well any time. Given the risk of Haynesworth slacking off once he's got his big payday this just seems like the worst match possible.

Andre Carter, Shawn Springs, London Fletcher, all good signings. Basically we had Dana back in the day, Archuleta, and Lloyd. But we were overpaying mediocre players, Haynesworth is elite so don't mind overpaying him if you can call it that.

gramage
02-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Andre Carter, Shawn Springs, London Fletcher, all good signings. Basically we had Dana back in the day, Archuleta, and Lloyd. But we were overpaying mediocre players, Haynesworth is elite so don't mind overpaying him if you can call it that.

Carter has had good years but no consistency as a playmaker, and Fletcher get way too much hype because of how willing he is with the media (I follow the Bills a lot up here in Toronto, and after a couple of years the general consensus was "what the hell were we thinking liking him?") Springs has been excellent agreed.

skinzzfan25
02-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Dana Stubblefield v.2

I'd much rather have Canty + Hall than Haynesworth.

DiG
02-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Carter has had good years but no consistency as a playmaker, and Fletcher get way too much hype because of how willing he is with the media (I follow the Bills a lot up here in Toronto, and after a couple of years the general consensus was "what the hell were we thinking liking him?") Springs has been excellent agreed.

youve got to be crazy. fletcher is an absolute monster. he is amazing if you watch the skins. always making plays. nonstop motor. one of my favorite players on the team easily.

steelersfan43
02-24-2009, 09:35 PM
He will go back to being bad now.

Canadian_draft_fan
02-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Haynesworth's agent has denied any deal with the Skins:
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/24/agent-no-deal-between-haynesworth-redskins/

gramage
02-24-2009, 10:23 PM
youve got to be crazy. fletcher is an absolute monster. he is amazing if you watch the skins. always making plays. nonstop motor. one of my favorite players on the team easily.

Nobody makes more of his tackles after 5+ yard gains then Fletcher.

OzTitan
02-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Of course he denies it, lol. It's called tampering.

The whole thing is probably just agent BS anyway to try and stir it up. They've tried stunt after stunt to get the Titans up on their level contract wise. Bottom line is Haynesworth wants to stay. Negotiating with the Titans at all before free agency when he has 0% chance of being tagged proves that, let alone the almost daily stunts and statements. The most recent (before this one anyway) - before the combine they said they'd enter free agency as to suggest they've stopped listening, and then they proceed to meet with the Titans again in Indy for more negotiations. Haynesworth and Speck have basically been crying out "we're going to go! honest! just watch us! we'll do it!" for weeks now, so 'leaks' like this are to be taken with a grain of salt IMO.

Not that I expect him to stay with the offers he'll receive on the open market, but it's clear he'd really prefer not to look elsewhere.

Geo
02-24-2009, 10:29 PM
All Zierlein said was that a knowledgeable friend of his told him that the Redskins will offer the monster contract that we all know Haynesworth and his agent are looking for. It's not like there is a specific deal in place.

Zierlein is a good guy btw, I trust him on this.

trkaline
02-24-2009, 10:32 PM
The Redskins go over the cap year after year and just pay fines....if only Ozzie would do that..

aNYtitan
02-24-2009, 10:34 PM
Damn thats a hell of a contract. Alright Titans, you have depth at DT so go out and sign Ray Lewis!

gpngc
02-24-2009, 10:36 PM
I would laugh if the Titans ended up getting the 13th pick because of tampering. Harvin or Maclin there...

Geo
02-24-2009, 10:49 PM
The Redskins go over the cap year after year and just pay fines....if only Ozzie would do that..
When was the last time the Redskins went over the cap?

OzTitan
02-24-2009, 10:53 PM
I would laugh if the Titans ended up getting the 13th pick because of tampering. Harvin or Maclin there...

Would never be a 1st. Besides, Goodel already got one team (49ers?) for tampering. He doesn't strike me as a guy who enforces a rule as much as he just enforces it sometimes to keep everyone on their toes :P

trkaline
02-24-2009, 10:55 PM

Ok I'll admit I just heard it on the radio and haven't seen the numbers...I'll be going now...

OzTitan
02-24-2009, 11:00 PM
The NBA has cash penalties for over spending the cap......pretty sure the NFL's are far harsher (involving draft picks), which is why it never really happens.

21ST
02-24-2009, 11:20 PM

Where did you find this stat

21ST
02-24-2009, 11:22 PM

They never have, i dont think too many teams have though.

steelersfan43
02-24-2009, 11:24 PM

Yea ummm... Dj williams maybe?

D-Unit
02-24-2009, 11:46 PM
The NBA has cash penalties for over spending the cap......pretty sure the NFL's are far harsher (involving draft picks), which is why it never really happens.
No. In the NFL, you just can't go over the cap. Impossible. Even if you wanted to. There's no "far harsher" penalties.

Geo
02-25-2009, 01:22 AM
I'm pretty sure there are penalties for going over the cap, I remember reading something about that. Think it's a combination of fines and loss of draft pick(s).

As to how a team would go over the cap exactly, not sure.

Example: If Washington signing Haynesworth made the Redskins go over the cap, the league office wouldn't approve that Haynesworth contract. I'm pretty sure that's the case.

MetSox17
02-25-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm pretty sure there are penalties for going over the cap, I remember reading something about that. Think it's a combination of fines and loss of draft pick(s).

As to how a team would go over the cap exactly, not sure.

Example: If Washington signing Haynesworth made the Redskins go over the cap, the league office wouldn't approve that Haynesworth contract. I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Wouldn't they just be forced to make the proper cuts to go under, before a certain date?

Geo
02-25-2009, 09:57 AM
I do believe it is the case that teams must get under the cap before the start of the new league year, which is this Friday (also the start of the free agency period), otherwise they'll be penalized.

21ST
02-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Im pretty sure that if the redskins are going to make an offer that they will have enough cap space, our front office doesn't know anything about building a football team but they do know money .

DiG
02-25-2009, 10:56 AM

it DOESNT exist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VekDIXq0Evc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEcGYzig2LA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZAC7LSDP-U&feature=related

I can't find the video but against the Browns this year LFB made 3 straight goal line stands single handed.

21ST
02-25-2009, 11:02 AM
it DOESNT exist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VekDIXq0Evc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEcGYzig2LA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZAC7LSDP-U&feature=related

I can't find the video but against the Browns this year LFB made 3 straight goal line stands single handed.

Exactly, i dont know what he was doing when he played for the bills but right now he is straight beastin

21ST
02-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Possibly, but Hall remains optimistic:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/redskins/2009/Feb/24/hall-still-hoping-re-sign-redskins/

We'll see.

Well the rumor is that Hall has a 3 year deal with the Pats lined up so we'll see

OzTitan
02-25-2009, 05:49 PM
I do believe it is the case that teams must get under the cap before the start of the new league year, which is this Friday (also the start of the free agency period), otherwise they'll be penalized.

That's what I was thinking about, yeah. It's a hard cap so the NFL won't approve of anything that will take a team over it, but it's up to the team to get under it by the start of FA.