PDA

View Full Version : Indy Track

RWills
02-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Is it this draft class or because this isnt the RCA dome they are using a slower track. I would love to see the last draft class run on this surface. The only reason is because this year and last year is such a vast difference.

Also does anyone know where I can get the 10 and 20 yard splits, those are numbers are so vitale for the front 7

Babylon
02-24-2009, 02:06 PM
I think some are running lower than they will at their pro day. It might not be as much the track because some have had great times but just preparation. Deon Sanders made a great point about guys just standing around waiting to run. Look for better times for your favorite player before draft day.

Strongside
02-24-2009, 02:07 PM
I don't think this is because of the track. There were 19 receivers who broke 4.5 seconds and the D-line were also fast... I think it's just a disappointing group tbh

yourfavestoner
02-24-2009, 02:23 PM
I don't think this is because of the track. There were 19 receivers who broke 4.5 seconds and the D-line were also fast... I think it's just a disappointing group tbh

Speedwise, yes they're disappointing. I hate to be cliche, but I just get the feeling that this class is a group of football players. No insanely crazy athletes or anything, just a bunch of football players. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's a class that offers a lot of players with low ceilings, but very very high floors.

ElectricEye
02-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Eh, I personally think the track is a bit slow. People are pointing to the wide receiver times as to the reason why it isn't a slower track, but I think even those could have been a few ticks too high. Poor preparation not lack of overwhelming athleticism might have a large say in it, but there's a few times that just flatout floored me. Coincidentally, those are generally coinciding with a few guys bulking up too much, but still. We'll see come pro day time, but I think the discrepancy between the two times are going to be a bit wider this year.

Texas Homer
02-24-2009, 02:31 PM
I think it is a slow track.

phlysac
02-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Mayock said today that all of the coaches trust their hand-held times and that he guarantees the hand-held times have been much faster than the official times.

Scott Wright
02-24-2009, 04:07 PM
It's only a slow track for slow players.

Darrius Heyward-Bey had no trouble blazing a 4.30.

This just isn't as fast of a class, plain and simple.

Solomon
02-24-2009, 04:24 PM

I'm still pretty surprised at the 40 times that guys like Jeremy Maclin, Percy Harvin, Louis Murphy, Captain Munnerlyn and DJ Moore put up.

foozball
02-24-2009, 04:25 PM
ryan mouton running a 4.54 is ridiculous. there is something wrong.

bitonti
02-24-2009, 04:29 PM

agree

Lucas Oil surface is fieldTurf

RCA surface for the last 2-3 combines was also fieldTurf.

there used to be hard Astro Turf in RCA but that was years ago.

Babylon
02-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Slow or not adjust most times down about a half a tick at players pro days.

Geo
02-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Devin Hester ran a 4.41 in the RCA Dome, then a 4.27 at the Miami pro day.

What to make of all this, I don't know. It's up to each person, I guess.

Babylon
02-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Devin Hester ran a 4.41 in the RCA Dome, then a 4.27 at the Miami pro day.

What to make of all this, I don't know. It's up to each person, I guess.

Deon Sanders made a good point that these guys werent even loosening up while waiting to run. They get to the friendly confines of their Universities they put up better numbers.

THav916
02-24-2009, 06:29 PM
I actually don't think anyone hear knows the 'right' answer. Times seem surprisingly slower across the board. It could be just simply that the guys are slower. It's also a fact that it's on a new track so it could be a slower track. It also could be both. Everyone is looking for an answer, everyone is giving one...I don't think anyone knows for sure.

Babylon
02-24-2009, 06:49 PM
I actually don't think anyone hear knows the 'right' answer. Times seem surprisingly slower across the board. It could be just simply that the guys are slower. It's also a fact that it's on a new track so it could be a slower track. It also could be both. Everyone is looking for an answer, everyone is giving one...I don't think anyone knows for sure.

We dont know but when pro day times all come in lower we'll form a conclusion i believe.

What would be nice to see ,and it's not going to happen, is see what noted pros would run under similar conditions.

Geo
02-24-2009, 06:57 PM
The surface didn't slow Aaron Curry much, hmm?

Babylon
02-24-2009, 07:04 PM

He may have run a 4.5 flat.

kiranadwaney
02-24-2009, 07:06 PM

maybe last year curry would have run a 4.4. hahahah.

anyway off topic, just wanted to know why is the combine held in indy each year?

Sportsfan486
02-24-2009, 07:07 PM
The thing is... the DTs ran really well. If this track is .1 slower, the times for the DTs would have been freakish across the board. Plus you still have a couple guys putting up good numbers.

Yes, times will be down at the pro days.. but they always have been!

Geo
02-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Good point on Curry, I was looking at another site and they had his official times as 4.53 and 4.50. Which I think is what NFLN had as unofficial times too. Yet NFL.com lists him at 4.56.

I think the problem is the timing of the official times, they seem off a bit.

This seems like a perfect example of why teams hand-time their results, something Mayock touched on during today's broadcast.

THav916
02-24-2009, 07:26 PM
We dont know but when pro day times all come in lower we'll form a conclusion i believe.

What would be nice to see ,and it's not going to happen, is see what noted pros would run under similar conditions.

Yea, just our own conclusions...my point exactly. I think maybe in another year or two they'll be a lot of 'So maybe it was the track' OR 'So maybe 09 was a really slow class'