PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think helped and hurt themselves in Indy?

Hitemhard05
02-25-2009, 01:28 AM
Helped
Connor Barwin, DE/OLB, Cincinnati
Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
Jared Cook, TE, South Carolina
Pat White, QB/WR, West Virginia
Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland
Jamon Meredith, OT, South Carolina
Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio St.
Darius Butler, CB, Connecticut
Louis Delmas, S, Western Michigan
Jarron Gilbert, DE/DT, San Jose St.
Marcus Thomas, OLB, Ohio St.
Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, Texas
Patrick Chung, S, Oregon
Deon Butler, WR, Penn St.
Evander Hood, DT, Missouri
Lawrence Sidbury, DE/OLB, Richmond
Scott McKillop, ILB, Pittsburgh
Andre Brown, RB, NC State
Ramses Barden, WR, Cal Poly
Roy Miller, DT, Texas

Hurt
Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa
Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas St.
Chris Wells, RB, Ohio St.
Aaron Maybin, DE/OLB, Penn St.
Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
James Laurinaitis, ILB, Ohio St.
Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri
Mike Goodson, RB, TAMU
Jason Watkins, OT, Florida
Jaison Williams, WR, Oregon

Second day combine winners
Johnny Knox, WR, Abiline Christian
Mike Wallace, WR, Ole Miss
Javarris Williams, RB, Tennessee St.
Dan Gronkowski, TE, Maryland
Cameron Morrah, TE, California
Joel Bell, OT, Furman
Cornelius Lewis, OT, Tennessee St.
Mike Thomas, WR, Arizona
Tiquan Underwood, WR, Rutgers
Bernard Scott, RB, Abiline Christian
Donald Washington, CB, Ohio St.
Lardarius Webb, CB, Nicholls St.
David Bruton, S, Notre Dame
Terrance Taylor, DT, Michigan
Dorrell Scott, DT, Clemson

Texas Homer
02-25-2009, 01:54 AM
I think Jason Smith, OT, Baylor really helped his already good stock. He looked really impressive.

wicket
02-25-2009, 01:57 AM
i dont get that you put barden with helped and bruton at second day winners but i pretty much agree with your list
edit: add derrick williams to your losers the guy ran like a old age pensioner

superman
02-25-2009, 05:55 AM
i wouldn't include maclin. he didn't help or hurt. 4.4 is a good time if a guy looks like a speed guy on the field.. hester ran that.

PossibleCabbage
02-25-2009, 01:19 PM
I think Ian Johnson really helped his stock with some really solid numbers. Add that to fact that the kid is a consummate teammate and a quality special teamer means some team is going to take a flyer on him and get a damn fine player, assuming he can stay healthy.

I don't think Wells really hurt his stock, he ran about as fast as you would have thought he was going to run. He's a 235 RB, he doesn't set world land speed records.

Also, with no other glaring weaknesses, I think Everette Brown's comparatively pitiful 31.5" vert makes you worry a lot about drafting the guy high. He can correct this at his pro day, but 31.5" is far from the level of explosiveness you want from an NFL pass rusher, especially one who's already somewhat undersized. Guys who just look at 40 times will conclude he's fine, but the best measurement of explosiveness for a pass rusher at the combine has always been the vert.

JRTPlaya21
02-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Ogletree & Peerman helped themselves.

Todd Bertuzzi
02-25-2009, 02:56 PM
I don't think Maclin and Beanie hurt themselves.

Michigan
02-25-2009, 03:04 PM
What did Freeman do to hurt his stock? I probably missed something...

bored of education
02-25-2009, 03:05 PM
What did Freeman do to hurt his stock? I probably missed something...

He threw like dog ****

P-L
02-25-2009, 03:48 PM
I think Morgan Trent did well enough to trick a team into drafting him.

jaa1025
02-25-2009, 03:56 PM
He threw like dog ****

no he didn't

Babylon
02-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Connor Barwin
Brian Robiskie
Marcus Freeman
Kenny Britt
DHB
Patrick Chung
Eric Wood

Some of the guys i thought helped themselves in terms of real movement on draft day.

Connor Barwin was a beast. His numbers in all categories were not only at the top of the DE group but they would have been near the top of the LB group. I think he needs to put on about 10lbs of upper body bulk but i think he could play both DE and OLB. To use an old phrase, imagine if he had played at ........

psulion21
02-25-2009, 04:06 PM
i feel like pettigrews 40 time hurt him

PACKmanN
02-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Rey Rey is the biggest name to really kill his stock.

Babylon
02-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Rey Rey is the biggest name to really kill his stock.

I think when you're in the top 15 or so in peoples minds it is near impossible to drop too far. I'd also include guys like Everette Brown and Aaron Maybin who are sort of bullet proof. Dont expect them to drop too far.

Saints-Tigers
02-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Meh, his calling card was never speed, he's big, strong hands, great blocker, nasty demeanor.

Edit: Pettigrew that is.

oregonbucfan
02-25-2009, 08:58 PM
I think Unger helped himself as well as Ian Johnson

PossibleCabbage
02-25-2009, 09:26 PM
I think when you're in the top 15 or so in peoples minds it is near impossible to drop too far. I'd also include guys like Everette Brown and Aaron Maybin who are sort of bullet proof. Dont expect them to drop too far.

You can't drop too far, Everette Brown isn't going to go from a top 5 pick to being picked up on a flyer in the fifth, but it's entirely possible that a "top 15" guy from before the combine could end up slipping to either the late first or the early second. Not necessarily losing a ton in terms of "draft position" (not more than 20 picks or so), but definitely losing millions upon millions of dollars. In a sense, then, it's the top 15 guys who have the most to lose.

If a guy who's a projected third round pick runs poorly at the combine and ends up in the fourth round, he doesn't lose nearly as much money as a "top 15" guy who has a poor showing and gets picked around 30.