PDA

View Full Version : Josh Freeman's Stock

TRJ997
02-25-2009, 07:28 AM
I'm an unfortunate Bright House customer without NFL Network, so I didn't get to watch any of the combine. The only information I've seen on this site is a brief note in the Buzz Section:

"Josh Freeman of Kansas St. also took part in everything and after running a solid 4.97 forty at almost 6-6 and 248 pounds he also showcased his strong arm in the drills."

Did he do enough to solidify his spot in the 17-22 range?

nepg
02-25-2009, 07:59 AM
No. He, as expected by anyone who's actually watched him, looked like dog **** throwing the ball.
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

russie
02-25-2009, 08:00 AM
i hope he lasts til at least 23rd. the vikes pick at 22, and i dont want that piece of ****

TRJ997
02-25-2009, 08:45 AM
i hope he lasts til at least 23rd. the vikes pick at 22, and i dont want that piece of ****

He seems to be linked to the Jets, Bucs, and Vikings in the first round. I'm usually among the minority of people every year who do want my team to take a QB in the 1st round, but I'm not a fan of Freeman. I'll root for him if he comes to the Bucs, but I don't want them to take Freeman and then pass on QB's for the next 3-4 years, only to have him bust.

Splat
02-25-2009, 08:51 AM
I would not touch this guy in the first round I know he looks the part but I'm just not sold on him.

Brown Leader
02-25-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm an unfortunate Bright House customer without NFL Network, so I didn't get to watch any of the combine. The only information I've seen on this site is a brief note in the Buzz Section:

Did he do enough to solidify his spot in the 17-22 range?

His actual throwing was nondescript but NFLTA stated that Freeman was very impressive in his team interviews and showed a strong understanding of offensive/defense concepts. I think they used the term "high football IQ".

hugegmenfan
02-25-2009, 01:13 PM
I would not touch this guy in the first round I know he looks the part but I'm just not sold on him.

completely agree. 100%.

Shane P. Hallam
02-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Toonster says he is gold, so I must await toonster to verify this rumor.

I think he goes in the first, and right now, I am betting on the Bucs.

jaa1025
02-25-2009, 03:39 PM
No. He, as expected by anyone who's actually watched him, looked like dog **** throwing the ball.

So you actually watched him?? Unless you we're there AT THE COMBINE then you saw the maximum of 2 throws made by him. 1 was great and 1 was bad. ALL the qb's showed bad accuracy which is how the combine is....qb's throw to wrs that they have never thrown before which is why scouts and GM's don't look for accuracy as much as interviews, mechanics and arm strength.

jaa1025
02-25-2009, 03:42 PM
He will be the 2nd QB taken and IMO in the top 15

bored of education
02-25-2009, 03:43 PM

I will let you know!

Babylon
02-25-2009, 03:44 PM
So you actually watched him?? Unless you we're there AT THE COMBINE then you saw the maximum of 2 throws made by him. 1 was great and 1 was bad. ALL the qb's showed bad accuracy which is how the combine is....qb's throw to wrs that they have never thrown before which is why scouts and GM's don't look for accuracy as much as interviews, mechanics and arm strength.

I didnt think Sanchez threw well either and then one of the Network guys was raving about him so who knows. Wouldnt have killed Stafford to throw either i didnt like that move.

bored of education
02-25-2009, 03:45 PM
he could have stunk up the interviews? i havent heard how he did with those

i heard stafford owned those interviews and film sessions

jaa1025
02-25-2009, 03:52 PM

Gruden said he owned the interviews and shows a very high IQ

bored of education
02-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Gruden said he owned the interviews and shows a very high IQ

really....that definatly helps. that type of stuff you cannot coach.

hockey619
02-25-2009, 04:02 PM

I heard that Stafford did well but that Sanchez blew people away with his charisma and personality in the interviews. According to the announcers, players just naturally gravitated toward Sanchez. I dont remember hearing anything about Freeman though.

bored of education
02-25-2009, 04:05 PM
I heard that Stafford did well but that Sanchez blew people away with his charisma and personality in the interviews. According to the announcers, players just naturally gravitated toward Sanchez. I dont remember hearing anything about Freeman though.

I was referring to the Interviews/whiteboard sessions with the teams.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
02-25-2009, 04:12 PM

How much would that hurt Josh Johnson's development?

Menardo75
02-25-2009, 04:23 PM
completely agree. 100%.

As do I way too much of a risk.

phlysac
02-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Alot of the throws the QBs make at the Combine (specifically in RB, TE and WR drills) are supposed to be bad. They are designed to see how well the receiver can adjust to a poorly thrown ball.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-25-2009, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't be shocked to see Freeman sitting as the #2 quarterback on some team's board in April. Considering that Sanchez didn't look great throwing the ball at the combine and Freeman had, by all accounts, a fantastic showing there (throwing, running, and interviewing), we could see him go before Sanchez.

nepg
02-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Freeman's a good, smart kid. He was obviously going to do well in interviews. It's actually throwing the football and making decisions on the field where he runs into trouble.
________
Live sex webshows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

holt_bruce81
02-25-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm not sold on him, but I wouldn't be surprised too see him go in the top 20.

He's got all the tools you look for. He just needs to work on his decision making.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-25-2009, 11:04 PM
But, to be honest, decision making is probably the major Achilles heel of each of the top 3 quarterbacks. Then the question becomes who can develop that the best after a couple years under NFL tutelage, and Freeman appears to be as well on his way of convincing NFL teams as Sanchez or Stafford are.