PDA

View Full Version : Marc Colombo to sign with Jets

Woody56
03-05-2007, 06:57 PM
according to Adam Schein of Sirius radio

Shiver
03-05-2007, 06:59 PM
The Jets O-Line is going to be a great unit.

Windy
03-05-2007, 07:02 PM
wow good signing.

throwback54milkman
03-05-2007, 07:04 PM
can a cowboys fan please comment about this guy?

Pit Bull #53
03-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Does this mean Leonard Davis is gonna play RT for Dallas?

bearsfan_51
03-05-2007, 07:05 PM
He's an ogre.

I bet Cowboys fans are pissed since they spent their time locking up Brad Johnson instead.

KILLERSANTA
03-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Best OL on dallas' line last year..............Really Really wanted him back :***********************************(

GB12
03-05-2007, 07:07 PM

Well I know that they are all calling for him to be resigned.

bearsfan_51
03-05-2007, 07:08 PM
When healthy he's pretty good. Bears cut him cause he could never stay healthy and they didn't think much of him as a starter. I think he's still a bit of tweener in terms of his ability to start, but in a league with poor offensive line play a massive guy like him will never be short of work if he can stay healthy.

Paul
03-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Well that sucks.

KILLERSANTA
03-05-2007, 07:11 PM

This thread should tell you everything..:

http://www.cowboys-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59590

Gridiron
03-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Looks like we're building a Super-Unit OL.

Blalock or Grubbs at #25 would be great.

I hope this report is true. :)

TNewFan41
03-05-2007, 07:36 PM
The jets o-line is gonna own. Too bad we didn't sign him.

21ST
03-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Honestly, i dont think he is any good but cowboys fans swear up and down he shoulda be a pro bowler so i dont know

TNewFan41
03-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Then you don't know what you are talking about, he played great last season.

'cuse-213
03-05-2007, 07:40 PM
wow great offseason so far, im loving it!

TitleTown088
03-05-2007, 07:40 PM
He's an ogre.

I bet Cowboys fans are pissed since they spent their time locking up Brad Johnson instead.
Are you kidding me? Who wouldn't want brad with his 1982 football pads and goofy facemask?

JoeMontainya
03-05-2007, 07:41 PM

There are 2 things an OL has to be succesful at.

He did only one of them, that doesnt make him great.

Geo
03-05-2007, 07:42 PM
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~millert/faces/faceDict/NIPSdict/zcl_970/2002_12_22_img_115.jpg

21ST
03-05-2007, 07:42 PM

here is one of them

Number 10
03-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Good signing for the Jets. Plays pretty well on the right side but I wouldn't exactly call him dominating.

Davis at RT for the Cowboys?

JoeMontainya
03-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Cowboys | Team confident in re-signing Colombo
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:18:16 -0800

Tim MacMahon, of the Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys are confident they will be able to re-sign free agent OL Marc Colombo (Cowboys).

Ouch, looks like they will probably be shocked aswell.

D-Unit
03-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Wait a second... Where are all the guys who were saying Columbo sucks to us Cowboys fans? Where are all the guys giving us a Tackle in their mock drafts? Where are all the guys who kept saying Cowboys fans are delusional for thinking that Columbo is more than just an average guy?

It's not a huge loss as some Cowboys fans may lead you to believe. Yes, he played better than we expected last year. However, he is far from proven. He had one solid year in a contract year btw and is nothing more than a one year wonder with injury concerns. Bears fans can at least atone for that. His play is also hard to guage by the numbers because we ran the 2 TE set as our base offense and more frequently than not, Columbo had the help of our TEs in pass protection. ...and nobody should get fooled that he's a mauler in the run game.... Please see a doctor if that's the case.

There are still other options unlike Guard out there that the Cowboys or any other team looking for a Tackle can find. Columbo is just another guy. Jordan Black, Petigout, Pork Chop Womack, Max Starks, Mike Gandy, Damion McIntosh, Anthony Clement and more... even old guys that could be carry overs like Todd Steussie and Ephraim Salaam are still available.

diabsoule
03-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Very good signing by the Jets. So far NYJ has had a very productive off-season and have filled many holes with very solid players.

ncbigbody
03-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Best OL on dallas' line last year..............Really Really wanted him back :***********************************(

He was not the best offensive lineman on the cowboys roster last year. Andre Gurode was great. Columbo is pretty good not great, and that was his first full year after his injury.

bearsfan_51
03-05-2007, 07:52 PM
D-Unit I don't disagree with anything you just said, but most of the guys you listed are terrible. The Cowboys still very much need to draft O-line. It should, at a minimum, their 2nd highest need.

KILLERSANTA
03-05-2007, 07:54 PM
He was not the best offensive lineman on the cowboys roster last year. Andre Gurode was great. Columbo is pretty good not great, and that was his first full year after his injury.

hahahahahahahahaha

critesy
03-05-2007, 08:00 PM
This thread should tell you everything..:

http://www.cowboys-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59590

thank god we're all members there

KILLERSANTA
03-05-2007, 08:01 PM
thank god we're all members there

My bad...Didn't know you had to be a memeber.....NVM then.....

ks_perfection
03-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Anyone know the terms?

D-Unit
03-05-2007, 08:03 PM
D-Unit I don't disagree with anything you just said, but most of the guys you listed are terrible. The Cowboys still very much need to draft O-line. It should, at a minimum, their 2nd highest need.
Yeah, they are not long term solutions, but is Columbo?

All I know is that this isn't official yet. If the Boys resign Columbo will the tone change around here? ...about how wondering, great, fine and dandy the signing is? Will the Cowboys be set?

D-Unit
03-05-2007, 08:04 PM
My bad...Didn't know you had to be a memeber.....NVM then.....
So what did it say?

KILLERSANTA
03-05-2007, 08:18 PM
So what did it say?

Just a bunch of dallas fans..piss about the lost of colombo

D-Unit
03-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Just a bunch of dallas fans..piss about the lost of colombo
Pssshhh.. Who says he's lost?

JoeMontainya
03-05-2007, 08:31 PM
D-Unit, you called me a flamer when I said Colombo wasnt as good as cowboys fans think, and you deffended him till the end. Now that hes not on your team, you say hes not that great? You change your mind alot.

D-Unit
03-05-2007, 08:44 PM
D-Unit, you called me a flamer when I said Colombo wasnt as good as cowboys fans think, and you deffended him till the end. Now that hes not on your team, you say hes not that great? You change your mind alot.
Dude, what are you talking about? I've been ringing the same tone over and over again. Cowboys fans can atest. I called you a flamming spammer cause all you do is come into the Cowboys forum and talk crap. Another point that Cowboys fans can atest to.

JoeMontainya
03-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Xxxxxxxxxx

KILLERSANTA
03-05-2007, 08:51 PM
I called you a flamming spammer cause all you do is come into the Cowboys forum and talk crap. Another point that Cowboys fans can atest to.

This is true...someone should ban him, from the cowboys forum..........

'cuse-213
03-05-2007, 08:59 PM
i guess this hasnt been confirmed yet? like at all..

JoeMontainya
03-05-2007, 09:01 PM
"This is true...someone should ban him, from the cowboys forum.........."

dude dont ruin every forum because you dont agree with a poster, its really old and now your being the spammer.

49ersfan_87
03-05-2007, 09:10 PM
There are still other options unlike Guard out there that the Cowboys or any other team looking for a Tackle can find. Columbo is just another guy. Jordan Black, Petigout, Pork Chop Womack, Max Starks, Mike Gandy, Damion McIntosh, Anthony Clement and more... even old guys that could be carry overs like Todd Steussie and Ephraim Salaam are still available.

Is this a contest for worst possible starter?

I think the cowboys should draft a tackle on day 1.

D-Unit
03-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Is this a contest for worst possible starter?

I think the cowboys should draft a tackle on day 1.
We're talking RT here buddy. Name the 5 best RT's in the league off the bat...

Yeah... thought so...

Tackle is a need yes. I would agree we need to draft one. But make it a LT.

49ersfan_87
03-05-2007, 09:25 PM

Yeah... thought so...

So you should have a weak link on the OL?

I agree RT isnt a huge need. But your talking to someone who has kwame harris starting at RT, for the past few years. Trust me, when someone stinks, it doesnt matter where they play.

yourfavestoner
03-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Maurice Williams is available for trade guys. ;)

bearsfan_51
03-05-2007, 09:29 PM

Yeah... thought so...

A lot of teams have their best pass rusher on the right side (or left, depending upon your vantage point) for that very reason. The days of the RT position being precipitously less important are long gone.

And to answer your question, off the top of my head.

1)Willie Anderson
2)Jon Jansen
3)Jon Runyan
4)Ryan Diem
5)Mark Tauscher

bearsfan_51
03-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Maurice Williams is available for trade guys. ;)
Williams is better than Pashos IMO. I have no idea why the Jags gave Pashos the money they did.

Number 10
03-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Not a bad deal for the Jets here, what are the contract numbers?

D-Unit
03-05-2007, 09:41 PM
A lot of teams have their best pass rusher on the right side (or left, depending upon your vantage point) for that very reason. The days of the RT position being precipitously less important are long gone.

1)Willie Anderson
2)Jon Jansen
3)Jon Runyan
4)Ryan Diem
5)Mark Tauscher
Long gone? I don't know about that. More valued than before, yes... but I would still argue that for the most part, RTs are still less important than their LT counterparts. Even in that top 5 list you mentioned, for the most part, the LTs on those teams are valued much higher. I'm not saying they are not important, but they are less important... And go down the list of the other 27 teams and there is a noticeable trend in how valueable LTs are to their team than their RTs.

D-Unit
03-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Not a bad deal for the Jets here, what are the contract numbers?
It's not a done deal.

draftguru151
03-05-2007, 09:42 PM

1)Willie Anderson
2)Jon Jansen
3)Jon Runyan
4)Ryan Diem
5)Mark Tauscher

I love how D Unit thinks he is the only one with any football knowledge.

JoeMontainya
03-05-2007, 09:47 PM
The speed rusher traditionally (not allways) plays on the right side on deffense to attack the QB's blind side. LT's are there to keep the QB's vision open and not worry about what they cannot see. LT's are allways going to be the most important (for a right handed thrower).

But nowadays, the LE is also turning into a speed rusher and because many QB's roll out in different direction more than ever, the RT is a big deal compared to 10 years ago.

D-Unit
03-05-2007, 09:48 PM
I love how you think that I think that I'm the only one with any football knowledge.

Why can't we have good fun debates without it getting personal? It's like if I give a rebuttle that I'm some big ego maniac. Whatevs...

frogstomp
03-05-2007, 09:48 PM

Yeah, he just can't realize that I'm the only one with any knowledge of anything at all.

You chumps are just here to make me look good.

JonIH87
03-05-2007, 09:55 PM

Colombo is right on the line between average and slightly above it.
He doesn't have much upside, and will never have very good leg drive.
That being said, he does have a nasty demeanor on the field, and isn't going to hurt you much.
He won't get much push in the ground game, and he is pretty decent in pass protection.
He's probably not worth the money you gave him.