PDA

View Full Version : Better run stopper - D.J. Moore or Alphonso Smith?

JDB7821
02-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Obviously both lack the size to lay a big hit that I've seen out of Malcolm Jenkins, but which of these little guys is the better at coming up and supporting the run?

JFLO
02-25-2009, 01:07 PM
Personally, it's Alphonso Smith. He has the game and size to be an Antoine Winfield clone. He shows great athleticism and toughness, especially when laying hits in the open field.

I like D.J. Moore's ball skills and game changing ability over Smith's though.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-25-2009, 01:19 PM
Personally, it's Alphonso Smith. He has the game and size to be an Antoine Winfield clone. He shows great athleticism and toughness, especially when laying hits in the open field.

I like D.J. Moore's ball skills and game changing ability over Smith's though.

I think Alphonso has better ball skills, IMO Alphonso has the best ball skills in the draft.

weezer1195
02-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Alphonso has laid some really big hits in his time at Wake. For him its all about consistency. He is strong and thick for being 5-9 and he is not afraid to mix it up. He has missed a few tackles in his time at Wake but Id attribute that more to lack of concentration on good technique at the time than any physical shortcomings. He is the best ballhawk in the entire draft.

TPac
02-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Both these guys are underrated as far as run support. I think Moore is a more consistent tackler, but Smith is the bigger hitter. This play in particular always stuck with me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWcP-G4myh0)

I think the fact that Smith both measured taller than Moore and had a faster 40 time cemented him as the #3 corner in the draft behind Jenkins (if he sticks) and Davis.