PDA

View Full Version : OT Alex Boone Ohio st.

Texas Homer
02-25-2009, 04:07 PM
What round do y'all think he will get drafted in?

Do y'all think he is athletic/versatile enough to be a swing Tackle?

bored of education
02-25-2009, 04:07 PM

He has all the talent in the world but is a drunk. late round UDFA maybe.

Babylon
02-25-2009, 04:11 PM

I think he could be a good RT and maybe even a better guard. As for his drinking he'll have to convince people that he can get beyond that. In the context of a mid to late round pick probably worth a gamble. He's isnt the 1st ahtlete that has drank too much.

Cicero
02-25-2009, 04:41 PM
He can hope for round 6 or 7, wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get drafted.

Babylon
02-25-2009, 04:53 PM
He can hope for round 6 or 7, wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get drafted.

He's probably a starter at the next level at some position so a late round pick would be a steal. Josh Hamilton in baseball was on his freaking lips at one time and now he's an all star. What happened to second chances?

Texas Homer
02-25-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm just curious. Is it a consensus that he can't play any spot LT in the NFL. I know that he did struggle a lot last season

bored of education
02-25-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm just curious. Is it a consensus that he can't play any spot LT in the NFL. I know that he did struggle a lot last season

He had a rough season, but has it all physically but not mentally. If and thats a big if he had his head on straight he could bea stud LT.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
02-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Brett Favre used to be a drunk too early in his career and he got past it.

He's going in the 4th to 7th round, I expect. Not the greatest lateral movement, but strong as an ox, excellent college pedigree,, and could develop into a solid starter at RT.

phlysac
02-25-2009, 10:47 PM
I agree that Boone's reported alcoholism can very well be overcome in a way that would allow him to be a productive NFL player. With that said, we have to remember the difference between a guy that likes to drink alot and a guy that tends to lose his mind and get arrested after drinking.

Monomach
02-26-2009, 12:08 AM
He's probably a starter at the next level at some position so a late round pick would be a steal. Josh Hamilton in baseball was on his freaking lips at one time and now he's an all star. What happened to second chances?

Josh Hamilton got clean before he got a second chance. Boone has never made an attempt to stop his binge drinking. Just a couple of weeks ago, Boone went on a bender, damaged some cars, and got arrested.

Keep in mind that while Josh Hamilton got his second chance, he cost Tampa Bay a first rounder. They got nothing out of him, despite waiting seven years (!) for him to get cleaned up. That's why I don't advocate anyone using a pick higher than the last round on Boone. I used to think he'd be worth a third or fourth, but he's proved himself to be a world class douchebag who needs rehab.

Babylon
02-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Josh Hamilton got clean before he got a second chance. Boone has never made an attempt to stop his binge drinking. Just a couple of weeks ago, Boone went on a bender, damaged some cars, and got arrested.

Keep in mind that while Josh Hamilton got his second chance, he cost Tampa Bay a first rounder. They got nothing out of him, despite waiting seven years (!) for him to get cleaned up. That's why I don't advocate anyone using a pick higher than the last round on Boone. I used to think he'd be worth a third or fourth, but he's proved himself to be a world class douchebag who needs rehab.

Good point. Also Hamilton is a huge talent, Lawrence Phiilips was a high draft pick for the Rams and he was about as low on the totum poll as a person can get.

D-Rod
02-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Would be a decent gamble in the 5th or 6th - needs a strong OL coach who will explain to him that if he cuts out the booze and shapes up, his next contract could be worth tens of millions, and if he doesn't, he'll be cut.

I wouldn't be at all upset to see the Falcons pick him up in the 5th. Boudreau is a hard bastard. Boone would either get clean, or be cut within a couple of months.

Saints-Tigers
02-26-2009, 01:22 PM
He's not just an alcoholic, he's an alcoholic of epic proportions.

Burns336
02-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Sounds like a perfect fit for my Cowboys. Character issues and talent is right up Jerry's alley.

I hope we grab him and let him sit behind Flozell for a year. Low risk guy, cut him if he sucks or gets in trouble.

holt_bruce81
02-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Will be lucky to get drafted at all. If he ever cleans up his act, he could be a pretty solid player at the next level. Hope he wakes up and realizes one day how much hes screwed up.