PDA

View Full Version : Draftguys TV is Back! - Knox, Joseph, Parson and more!

Sigmund Bloom
02-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Draftguys TV is back for its second season! Last year we profiled players like Gary Guyton and Eric Foster, who went from undrafted free agent to NFL starters. This year we're excited to be breaking down the games of the players who deserve more love once again.

Our first batch of episodes includes:

Frantz Joseph, LB, Florida Atlantic -
http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/dgtv_1/frantz_joseph_-_lb_-_florida_atlantic/

TJ Lang, OL, Eastern Michigan
http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/dgtv_1/tj_lang_-_ol_-_eastern_michigan/

Johnny Knox, WR, Abilene Christian (Mr 4.34)
http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/dgtv_1/johnny_knox_-_wr_-_abilene_christian/

Mark Parson, CB, Ohio
http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/dgtv_1/mark_parson_-_cb_-_ohio/

Clinton McDonald, DT, Memphis
http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/dgtv_1/clinton_mcdonald_-_dt_-_memphis/

I'll be dropping in to discuss our class of 2009 periodically as new episodes launch. We'd love to hear feedback on the show and what YOU think about our guys, as this is the best draft forum anywhere on the internet. Please tell your draft-savvy friends about draftguys TV. You can always find the newest episodes at http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/dgtv . Thanks to Scott Wright for placing our profiles on his player profile pages and letting us engage this great community in discussions about our show.

TheBuffaloBills
02-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Cool man, I love your stuff.

ThePudge
02-25-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm also glad, you guys don't know how hard it is to find a good video of Bernard Scott. I was looking today during class on youtube and couldn't find one solid one on Knox or Scott.

His vision, balance, acceleration, speed in pads, receiving ability out of the backfield or even in the slot, and just pure natural talent is as good as almost any runner in this draft. You have to wonder what could have been at a D-IA school without the five arrests. I know you love him and I have to agree with you, the guy's got some serious talent. He's a NFL-caliber guy, there is no doubt about that. He could realistically succeed in any scheme, but could truly shock people in the right situation (perhaps mid-late round to a team that uses a Zone Blocking Scheme.)

Also, just watched the video on Mark Parson. I am a student at Ohio University so I have gotten a good look at Parson. Great analysis. Parson has the ability to be a very solid nickel back in a zone defense, perhaps a 3-4 team that plays him off the ball and allows him to take some risks. Still, you must remember, Parson isn't the biggest guy, nor is he the strongest guy. I would not say he is a liability against the run, but in run-support he is largely raw. He also had a tough time at OU with inconsistent hands, though it would appear from your report that he has improved any shown solid hands in recent weeks.

I agree that he is being overlooked in many draft circles and he remains a sleeper to watch closely. I think the earliest (would take an impressive Pro Day on March 12) would be the Mid 4th for Mark, where a team such as the Jets, Chargers, or Patriots could fall in love there. Right now though, I see Parson in the Mid 5th-Early 7th. I'll be in attendance in two-three weeks at their Pro Day and I'll see how he tests/times and what type of team seems to be looking closely.

- I am also very interested in Clinton McDonald who also doesn't get much hype around these parts. He is on my draft board in the Late 5th-Mid 7th range, but a solid post-season could have him shooting a bit higher than that similar to former teammate CB Brandon McDonald.

- T.J. Lang is another underrated player that could end up at either OT or Left Guard at the next level. He, right now, is in the Mid 4th-Mid 5th range in my opinion with the potential to move up with a good Pro Day. A true Combine snub along with Parson, McDonald, Joseph, and of course, Devin Moore.

MidwayMonster31
02-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Good stuff. I was watching Joseph's video yesterday.
Are you guys doing one on Western Illinois' Jason Williams? I think he has a chance to be a steal for a 4-3 team, or at least a good special teams player.

bored of education
02-25-2009, 09:52 PM
yes DRAFTGUYSTV!

Thaddeus Coleman ftw!

Awesome stuff per usual!

Sigmund Bloom
02-25-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm also glad, you guys don't know how hard it is to find a good video of Bernard Scott. I was looking today during class on youtube and couldn't find one solid one on Knox or Scott.

His vision, balance, acceleration, speed in pads, receiving ability out of the backfield or even in the slot, and just pure natural talent is as good as almost any runner in this draft. You have to wonder what could have been at a D-IA school without the five arrests. I know you love him and I have to agree with you, the guy's got some serious talent. He's a NFL-caliber guy, there is no doubt about that. He could realistically succeed in any scheme, but could truly shock people in the right situation (perhaps mid-late round to a team that uses a Zone Blocking Scheme.)

We've been working on Scott's profile this week - Knox is out and you should be able to find it on youtube (watch in high quality) - although his stuff gets mixed in with Johnny Knoxville when you search.

We love the talent of both of these guys, they are definitely NFL material.

Sigmund Bloom
02-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Good stuff. I was watching Joseph's video yesterday.
Are you guys doing one on Western Illinois' Jason Williams? I think he has a chance to be a steal for a 4-3 team, or at least a good special teams player.

Williams had a few plays that stood out in Houston and he is close to the cut line right now. We plan on making 50 player profiles, and right now, he's probably not in that group, but if time allows, we'll make more. I can tell you that he covered ground quickly and looked very instinctive in the West practices.

fischbowl
I subscribe to your video podcast! No way........Yes Way!

Sigmund Bloom
yes DRAFTGUYSTV!

Thaddeus Coleman ftw!

Awesome stuff per usual!

Big Thad is playing in Canada right now and we wish him the best :)

Thanks for the kind words!

Hines
02-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Watching that video of Frantz Joseph makes me want him a whole bunch as a Pittsburgh Steeler.

ThePudge
02-25-2009, 10:08 PM
We've been working on Scott's profile this week - Knox is out and you should be able to find it on youtube (watch in high quality) - although his stuff gets mixed in with Johnny Knoxville when you search.

We love the talent of both of these guys, they are definitely NFL material.

Did you get the chance to talk to Bernard personally? Or have you heard from any NFL personnel about their feelings about Scott? I am trying to get a feel for how serious he has dedicated himself to making football a career and leaving his past in the past. I know he has not gotten in any recent trouble, but that could just mean he's doing a better job not getting caught doing anything wrong. Any ideas there?

WMD
02-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Woohoo, Mark Parson! Now we just need some Keegan Herring action.

fischbowl
02-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Sig, I know boe and I will appreciate Willie Van De Steeg highlights

PACKmanN
02-25-2009, 10:17 PM
wow TJ Lang reminds me a lot of Matt Light/Allen Barbre

Paranoidmoonduck
02-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Great to see you guys keeping at it. This is one of my favorite annual draft productions.

Twinkle Toes
02-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Did you get the chance to talk to Bernard personally? Or have you heard from any NFL personnel about their feelings about Scott? I am trying to get a feel for how serious he has dedicated himself to making football a career and leaving his past in the past. I know he has not gotten in any recent trouble, but that could just mean he's doing a better job not getting caught doing anything wrong. Any ideas there?

Exactly my question, but I'll go farther. After reading the comment by Coach Conque (Central Arkansas -prior to Abilene Christian) about his hating school and his anger issues, I strongly suspect he has both ADHD and some form of behavior disorder like ODD (oppositional defiant disorder). I know that none of his arrests were major but his 'anger disorder/ADHD' profile is something you don't grow out of - it usually requires psycho-therapy and/or psychiatric medications. Coach Thomsen, who knew Scott in high school, recruited him to Central Arkansas, and gave him a last chance at Christian - became his mentor and is one of the few Scott people really trusts.

I hear he's a humble young man who interviews quite well. From the interview you and Cecil had with him, did you get the feeling he's gotten the professional help he needs for life in the NFL post-Coach Thomsen?

(side note - I found this site and started posting here from your link at draftguys - as always, you and Cecil rock!)

Sveen
02-26-2009, 05:09 AM
I really like Franz Joseph. Hope my Saints can end up with him :)