02-26-2009, 01:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3936529

Traning camp anyone

TitleTown088
02-26-2009, 01:47 PM
I'll hide my dog.

gramage
02-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Electronic monitoring? The ankle bracelet will definately affect his ability to escape the pocket.

I can't wait to see if teams come calling. I suppose there's a small chance I'll be suprised and given a shred of hope for the human race again, but more likely I will be repulsed by the sight of teams begging this guy to come and save them, at which point the question becomes can I watch the NFL and keep my dignity?

someone447
02-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Electronic monitoring? The ankle bracelet will definately affect his ability to escape the pocket.

I can't wait to see if teams come calling. I suppose there's a small chance I'll be suprised and given a shred of hope for the human race again, but more likely I will be repulsed by the sight of teams begging this guy to come and save them, at which point the question becomes can I watch the NFL and keep my dignity?

Jesus, he is a good player and HE FOUGHT DOGS. If you can watch the NFL after Leonard Little killed someone while driving drunk, you can watch the NFL with someone who fought dogs. Fighting animals like this has been an accepted part of human culture for the vast majority of the time we have been on Earth. Is it a disgusting practice? Of course, but there are numerous people worse than Vick in every professional sport. I have more respect for Vick than I do for all those people who have been convicted of spousal abuse.

gramage
02-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Jesus, he is a good player and HE FOUGHT DOGS. If you can watch the NFL after Leonard Little killed someone while driving drunk, you can watch the NFL with someone who fought dogs. Fighting animals like this has been an accepted part of human culture for the vast majority of the time we have been on Earth. Is it a disgusting practice? Of course, but there are numerous people worse than Vick in every professional sport. I have more respect for Vick than I do for all those people who have been convicted of spousal abuse.

My issues with spousal abuse and it's general acceptance in society are too long to get into, and I it does has made me question watching sports before. Thats the problem I have, so far I've kept blocking it but every time there's another one of these headlines it becomes harder.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Yea people do stupid **** but it doesn't mean you should never get another chance. I hate Vick the player but **** I have friends who have fought pits and I do not think they should never have a chance at anything

someone447
02-26-2009, 02:47 PM
My issues with spousal abuse and it's general acceptance in society are too long to get into, and I it does has made me question watching sports before. Thats the problem I have, so far I've kept blocking it but every time there's another one of these headlines it becomes harder.

Like Charles Barkley said, these people are not role models. I don't care what they do on their own time. If they entertain me, they have done their job. That is all I give a damn about when it comes to sports. If they commit a crime, let them receive the punishment, but if they are still capable of playing at a high enough level, I see no reason not to let them back.

But getting into my issues with dog fighting being banned in the first place will just lead to another warning. Needless to say, animals=/humans and they shouldn't be treated or protected as such.

BaLLiN
02-26-2009, 02:47 PM
I'll hide my dog.

i loled, id like to see him go to houston, for whatever reason id just like to see him make a name of their franchise

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 02:49 PM
As much as I love the Saints, I would not watch any games if Vick were signed. Not until he was released from the roster. Good thing we don't sign guys with character issues.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-26-2009, 02:53 PM
As much as I love the Saints, I would not watch any games if Vick were signed. Not until he was released from the roster. Good thing we don't sign guys with character issues.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Just because he is on your team you will not watch?? I mean your team sucked forever and you watched right? So would the reason be because he was into dog fighting??

Brothgar
02-26-2009, 02:59 PM

That's debatable.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 03:01 PM
That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Just because he is on your team you will not watch?? I mean your team sucked forever and you watched right? So would the reason be because he was into dog fighting??

Yeah, that's the reason. My team sucking is hard to watch but I'm not watching a guy who fought, drowned, slammed to the ground, hung and electrocuted dogs for the fun of it, play for my favorite sports team. In no way can I cheer for this guy.

someone447
02-26-2009, 03:07 PM
That's debatable.

I'll change that to was a good player. He was definitely in the top half of QBs in the league, and I am guessing he would upgrade the QB position for about 7-8 teams right now.

BaLLiN
02-26-2009, 03:08 PM
i dont get how you can be so cruel to a dog. what part of "mans best friend" do people not get

BlindSite
02-26-2009, 03:11 PM
He's a piece of filth, that's all I think of him, where he goes... whatever.

BBIB
02-26-2009, 03:34 PM
i dont get how you can be so cruel to a dog. what part of "mans best friend" do people not get

What part of the expression it's going to be a dog fight don't you understand?

Dog fighting wasn't even a felony in most states until the 1980s and it would have taken longer than that if it weren't for the PETA nuts.

You all need to stop letting the media dictate your outrage.

As far as Vick's career goes, the ball is officially in the court of the commissioner.

Timing will be everything for Vick. He needs to wait a little while and meet with the commissioner before applying for re-reinstatement to better his chances of getting a shot this year.

yourfavestoner
02-26-2009, 03:54 PM

Stop expecting everybody else to live up to your moral standards and it'll make life a hell of a lot easier.

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 03:54 PM
I dont get it. You only have to watch him play. its not like u have to like him as a person or like all his actions

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-26-2009, 04:03 PM
I dont get it. You only have to watch him play. its not like u have to like him as a person or like all his actions

Exactly. I mean if I liked Vick as a player and I did not have a QB than **** I would take him. I understand he did cruel **** to dogs and it is unacceptable. I just think that people are going to far. I mean it is just dogs it is not like he killed people or tortured people. (I am a dog lover had dogs all my life) They weren't other peoples dogs they were dogs that were trained to fight so they were worthless anyway.

gramage
02-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Stop expecting everybody else to live up to your moral standards and it'll make life a hell of a lot easier.

It's less about them living to my standards as me living up to my own, and when I give my time, interest and money to a sport that allows losers like this to get rich I don't like what it says about me.

vidae
02-26-2009, 04:11 PM
I don't think he should be allowed back in the NFL but that's my opinion.

Not going to get into the whole argument, but his crimes were malicious and on purpose, not in the heat of the moment or anything like that. He should be kept out.

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 04:12 PM
It's less about them living to my standards as me living up to my own, and when I give my time, interest and money to a sport that allows losers like this to get rich I don't like what it says about me.
Why do u care what those guys did? I dont understand that.

badgerbacker
02-26-2009, 04:20 PM
I hope some team gets him. I love watching him play. I think any kind of banning from the league is ridiculous, he was convicted of a crime and has served his time. Yes, it was a horrendous crime, but if it were a crime serious enough to ban somebody from working again, the punishment would be life in prison.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Why do u care what those guys did? I dont understand that.

How can you just turn a blind eye to what Vick has done? Just imagine him doing that to your dog. Would you still love him?

Halsey
02-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Vick's return to the NFL will be somewhat akin to Pacman's. It'll generate a lot of press and hype, but he won't make much of a difference for a team on the field. Vick is older, has not even practiced football in years and probably isn't quite the same athlete he was.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-26-2009, 04:29 PM
I swear this is the dumbest argument. I mean you do not have to like him but **** you are watching him play a sport and there are plenty of people and I am sure some of them are on your team that fight dogs and do all that ****. They just haven't got caught. Dog fighting happens a lot in ghetto ass places and a lot of players are ghetto ass people. No one is saying they love him as a person just like watching him play the damn game.

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 04:37 PM
How can you just turn a blind eye to what Vick has done? Just imagine him doing that to your dog. Would you still love him?
I do not love him. Does that mean i cant enjoy football?

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 04:40 PM
I swear this is the dumbest argument. I mean you do not have to like him but **** you are watching him play a sport and there are plenty of people and I am sure some of them are on your team that fight dogs and do all that ****. They just haven't got caught. Dog fighting happens a lot in ghetto ass places and a lot of players are ghetto ass people. No one is saying they love him as a person just like watching him play the damn game.

I'm sure it does happen and those people need to be punished. You can't give them a free pass because they play football. If Drew Brees was caught killing dogs, I would hope the Saints release him immediately. I mean, I love my wife but if she told me she killed a dog for fun a long time ago, I would file for divorce. Just because we don't know, doesn't make it right.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 04:41 PM
I do not love him. Does that mean i cant enjoy football?

Fine. Would you enjoy watching Vick play on your favorite football if he killed your dog for fun?

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Fine. Would you enjoy watching Vick play on your favorite football if he killed your dog for fun?
id enjoy the football. Its not like he went around and killed all sorts of dogs. U guys dont dislike him because he killed ur dogs.

Cicero
02-26-2009, 04:45 PM

His property vs. my property. Totally different.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-26-2009, 04:45 PM

You would divorce your wife for making a stupid mistake or for being a douche in her past?? You are ******* crazy

He did not kill no ones dogs. He killed his own dogs. Dogs that would of been killed if they were in the pound because they were trained to fight.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 04:48 PM
id enjoy the football.

This is why I won't be able to get through to you and arguing any further would be pointless. You would still cheer for a guy that killed your pet for fun. All I have to say is wow

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 04:52 PM
You would divorce your wife for making a stupid mistake or for being a douche in her past?? You are ******* crazy

He did not kill no ones dogs. He killed his own dogs. Dogs that would of been killed if they were in the pound because they were trained to fight.

He found stray dogs off the street and forced them to fight. Not all of the dogs wanted to fight but they made them away way. A lot of dogs get out of fences, run out of the house when someone opens the door, etc. I'm sure that some of those dogs were former pets of people who would never dream of doing what was done to them.

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 04:53 PM
This is why I won't be able to get through to you and arguing any further would be pointless. You would still cheer for a guy that killed your pet for fun. All I have to say is wow
HE DIDNT KILL MY ******* PET. obviously i dont love the man. i dont appreciate what he did. But why would i ******* stop watching football because of that?

TheBuffaloBills

Like someone has said before, its not my actual pet. It is his pet. Sure he has done a terrible thing, but I am positive there are worse things that players have done that is unknown.

someone447

That is the worst argument ever... He didn't kill my dog, nor anyone elses. He killed his own dogs. He fought dogs, do you think **** fighting is despicable, would you not watch football if you found out someone was involved in cockfighting? What about bullfighting? I don't believe you can condemn someone for doing something that is accepted in their culture. He served his time, because it was against the law. But that doesn't make it universally wrong. Morals are not black and white. You have to look at peoples actions in the culture they are in. In the ghetto culture, dogfighting is not wrong. That is the culture he grew up in.

badgerbacker
02-26-2009, 04:54 PM
As I said before, once he serves his sentence he is even in my eyes. Yes, I will still look down on what he did, but I really hope I get to see him play again.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 04:57 PM
He took those dogs with the purpose of killing them. They could have went to a good home. And I would much rather them die by a shot at the pound (which i think is horrible) than killed in the way in which were by the hands of Vick.

And I don't think the fighting of any kind of animal is right.

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 05:00 PM
He took those dogs with the purpose of killing them. They could have went to a good home. And I would much rather them die by a shot at the pound (which i think is horrible) than killed in the way in which were by the hands of Vick.

And I don't think the fighting of any kind of animal is right.
yea thats the think. YOU dont think so. its ur moral way. there is no reason for people to not enjoy football

GET LOOSE
02-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Cant wait for Vick to get back out on the field. Hope he gets a chance to make a difference for a team

trkaline
02-26-2009, 05:04 PM
And he served his time....soooooo whats the argument about?

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 05:04 PM
As I said before, once he serves his sentence he is even in my eyes. Yes, I will still look down on what he did, but I really hope I get to see him play again.

I guess it's different for me. I love my dogs like they were my own children, I spend hours a day playing with them and taking care of them. And I wish I could take stray dogs in but I can't afford the vets bills, so I'll keep them until I find someone that wants it, keep it clean and fed.

I want every one of them to have a good life and a guy like Vick goes and try to kills thousands for his enjoyment. What a sick asshole

trkaline
02-26-2009, 05:06 PM
I guess it's different for me. I love my dogs like they were my own children, I spend hours a day playing with them and taking care of them. And I wish I could take stray dogs in but I can't afford the vets bills, so I'll keep them until I find someone that wants it, keep it clean and fed.

I want every one of them to have a good life and a guy like Vick goes and try to kills thousands for his enjoyment. What a sick asshole

Ok you love your dogs...and as stated he didn't kill your dogs...just don't let him pet sit your animals and its all going to be ok.

badgerbacker
02-26-2009, 05:07 PM

I want every one of them to have a good life and a guy like Vick goes and try to kills thousands for his enjoyment. What a sick assholeI'm guessing you believe Vick deserves life in prison for what he did? That obviously is the difference in opinions, it seems.

You can argue how severe the punishment should be all day long. I'm just saying, once his sentence is over, his punishment should be over. That's the whole point of sentencing.

trkaline
02-26-2009, 05:09 PM

And it wasn't for his enjoyment it was a business venture, he never even went to the dog fights.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
02-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Some people even eat dogs... Just saying...

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Ok you love your dogs...and as stated he didn't kill your dogs...just don't let him pet sit your animals and its all going to be ok.

Yeah, it wasn't my dogs. But he took strays and dogs from the pound that could have gone to people that would have given them a good life.

I'm guessing you believe Vick deserves life in prison for what he did? That obviously is the difference in opinions, it seems.

You can argue how severe the punishment should be all day long. I'm just saying, once his sentence is over, his punishment should be over. That's the whole point of sentencing.

He did get off easy.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 05:15 PM

I know. I was watching a show on the national geographic and they were starting to talk about this. I had to turn the channel, it was horrifying

trkaline
02-26-2009, 05:17 PM
I'd try dog. I love dogs but if its already dead and cooked its not like me declining to eat it is gonna change anything.

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 05:17 PM
The Chinese do.

I seriously dont see the big deal. Obviously i love dog, i loved my dog a lot. But if they eat dogs, whats the difference to people who eat cows? or pigs?

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 05:23 PM
The Chinese do.

I seriously dont see the big deal. Obviously i love dog, i loved my dog a lot. But if they eat dogs, whats the difference to people who eat cows? or pigs?

Cows and Pigs are live stock. Eating house pets like Cats and Dogs is more of a taboo.

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Taboo? why? why is it a taboo?
because some people said so?

someone447
02-26-2009, 05:26 PM
I'd try dog. I love dogs but if its already dead and cooked its not like me declining to eat it is gonna change anything.

Ya, I don't understand why it is any different to eat cow than it is dog. If it isn't a pet dog, I don't see why it matters.

ATLDirtyBirds
See the sig. Hopefully some team will give him the opportunity to play.

badgerbacker
All animals are equal. Some animals, however, are more equal than others.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Taboo? why? why is it a taboo?
because some people said so?

A taboo is a strong social prohibition (or ban) against words, objects, actions, or discussions that are considered undesirable or offensive by a group, culture, society, or community.

The majority of society do find eating house pets undesirable and offensive, that's why it's taboo.

trkaline
02-26-2009, 05:30 PM
See the sig. Hopefully some team will give him the opportunity to play.

Well apparently dog fighting is the one sin that is unforgivable...but yes I am waiting on a rebirth of Vick myself.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
02-26-2009, 05:32 PM
I've had dog before. It's pretty good.

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 05:33 PM
A taboo is a strong social prohibition (or ban) against words, objects, actions, or discussions that are considered undesirable or offensive by a group, culture, society, or community.

The majority of society do find eating house pets undesirable and offensive, that's why it's taboo.
1. people have Pigs as pets, even cows.

2. Because society says: eww, its automatically wrong?

3. still dont understand WHY that taboo was formed

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 05:36 PM
1. people have Pigs as pets, even cows.

2. Because society says: eww, its automatically wrong?

3. still dont understand WHY that taboo was formed

Taboo is just something that is not normal to most of us. Like incest. The majority of people don't condone this action, so it's taboo.

someone447
02-26-2009, 05:36 PM

In this country. In India it is taboo to eat cows. In Islamic country, it is taboo to eat pork. To say to eat anything is wrong is just saying that your culture is better than any others. You can say, in this country, it is more socially acceptable to eat cows, but not dogs. But you cannot say it is WRONG to eat dogs.

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Taboo is just something that is not normal to most of us. Like incest. The majority of people don't condone this action, so it's taboo.
WHY dont they condone this action. WHY dont they condone eating dogs? and dont say its because its a taboo

someone447
02-26-2009, 05:38 PM

There is good reason for incest to be taboo, and thats why incest has been taboo in every major culture for thousands and thousands of years. Mass amounts of inbreeding leads to recessive genes becoming very prevalent in a population.

There is also some good historical reasons not to eat pork, the most obvious being that it is extremely dangerous if not prepared properly. There is no real reason eating dogs is taboo.

SFbear
02-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Ya, I don't understand why it is any different to eat cow than it is dog. If it isn't a pet dog, I don't see why it matters.

Well because humans have formed emotional bonds in our culture with dogs and essentially created a symbiotic relationship with them. This gives them inherent value to society and we tend to value their lives more than other animals. Not at the same level as humans but definitely significant enough that we would like to enforce humane treatment of them. Obviously this changes from culture to culture(e.g. cows in India, although more for religious reasons).

I agree with this hierarchy cuz i love dogs, but I could see someone arguing against it.

In reference to pigs, with the more and more pot belly pigs becoming domesticated as pets, it wouldn't surprise me to see the culture shift in a direction away from eating pork.

trkaline
02-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Not this member of society...I'll eat piggy forever..

someone447
02-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Well because humans have formed emotional bonds in our culture with dogs and essentially created a symbiotic relationship with them. This gives them inherent value to society and we tend to value their lives more than other animals. Not at the same level as humans but definitely significant enough that we would like to enforce humane treatment of them. Obviously this changes from culture to culture(e.g. cows in India, although more for religious reasons).

I agree with this hierarchy cuz i love dogs, but I could see someone arguing against it.

In reference to pigs, with the more and more pot belly pigs becoming domesticated as pets, it wouldn't surprise me to see the culture shift in a direction away from eating pork.

I will continue to eat pork, society be damned. Pork is absolutely amazing.

I disagree that dogs should be treated better than any other animals. I think pets should be treated better than other animals, but not all dogs need to be, or are, pets.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 05:48 PM
In this country. In India it is taboo to eat cows. In Islamic country, it is taboo to eat pork. To say to eat anything is wrong is just saying that your culture is better than any others. You can say, in this country, it is more socially acceptable to eat cows, but not dogs. But you cannot say it is WRONG to eat dogs.

I don't know enough about other cultures to really comment. I'm speaking mainly for the US when I say eating dogs is a taboo. If you took a poll, I bet most of the US would not condone eating dogs.

WHY dont they condone this action. WHY dont they condone eating dogs? and dont say its because its a taboo

In the US, most would be shocked and in horror with the idea of eating a house pet. I've said this already. I know they used to kill their first born in China, now that would be another taboo for us.

Cicero
02-26-2009, 05:50 PM
I think I'm going to buy a Vick jersey just because of the reactions that some people have.

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 05:51 PM
I don't know enough about other cultures to really comment. I'm speaking mainly for the US when I say eating dogs is a taboo. If you took a poll, I bet most of the US would not condone eating dogs.
that just means they wouldnt want to. this doesnt mean anything

someone447
02-26-2009, 05:52 PM

But that doesn't make it wrong, that's my argument. I agree with you that it is a taboo in our country. I don't think anyone will disagree with that statement. According to our societal norms it is "wrong." But in general terms of morality it isn't. Just like I don't believe fighting dogs to be wrong, personally, I wouldn't ever watch a dog fight, and it is illegal, but Vick has served his time and he should now be allowed to continue his chosen line of work, as long as he is still good enough of course.

Cicero
02-26-2009, 05:53 PM

In the US, most would be shocked and in horror with the idea of eating a house pet. I've said this already. I know they used to kill their first born in China, now that would be another taboo for us.

Comparing killing a firstborn to eating a dog, come on man...

Would I ever eat a dog? No. Do I care if other people do? Nope.

ATLDirtyBirds
02-26-2009, 05:55 PM
I think I'm going to buy a Vick jersey just because of the reactions that some people have.

The best is going to some kind of animal club meeting with one on.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 05:55 PM
that just means they wouldnt want to. this doesnt mean anything

But that's what makes it a taboo.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Comparing killing a firstborn to eating a dog, come on man...

Would I ever eat a dog? No. Do I care if other people do? Nope.

I'm in no way comparing the two. I'm just listing another taboo for *** wang.

Cicero
02-26-2009, 05:57 PM

Hahaha that would be awesome. Did you actually do that?

jballa838
02-26-2009, 06:00 PM
I am buying one, no matter what team. I hope he goes doesnt go to anyone in the NFC West, because I don't want to see him twice a year on the other team.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 06:04 PM
But that doesn't make it wrong, that's my argument. I agree with you that it is a taboo in our country. I don't think anyone will disagree with that statement. According to our societal norms it is "wrong." But in general terms of morality it isn't. Just like I don't believe fighting dogs to be wrong, personally, I wouldn't ever watch a dog fight, and it is illegal, but Vick has served his time and he should now be allowed to continue his chosen line of work, as long as he is still good enough of course.

In terms of morality, I guess it really depends on the individual. Yeah yes, it's a crime in our country and morally wrong imo. And fighting dogs in bad enough, but I'm more upset about the other things that went on. Hanging them, slamming them on the ground over and over again until they died, drownings, and even electrocution. I doubt they do those things in other cultures to kill the dogs and at least they eat them, Vick and co did it for no reaosn.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 06:07 PM

Suicide...

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Like trkaline said earlier Vick did not do that to the dogs. He was basically funding what was going on. I am pretty sure he is not the one who was doing all the stuff he just knew about it and it was his **** so he got in trouble for it. I have friends that did the same thing (fight pitbulls) People usually hang the dogs if they get to bad off from fighting. It is just ridiculous to say that he shouldn't play in the nfl when people like Like Lenard Little killed someone and Pacman got someone shot and all kinds of stuff that happens with people. You think Vick will do it again? No. So he probably learned from his MISTAKE. I doubt this will do anything for you since you said you would DIVORCE YOUR WIFE IF YOU FOUND OUT SHE DID ANYTHING LIKE THAT

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 06:12 PM
But that's what makes it a taboo.
but a taboo then isnt a reason for it being wrong

someone447
02-26-2009, 06:17 PM
In terms of morality, I guess it really depends on the individual. Yeah yes, it's a crime in our country and morally wrong imo. And fighting dogs in bad enough, but I'm more upset about the other things that went on. Hanging them, slamming them on the ground over and over again until they died, drownings, and even electrocution. I doubt they do those things in other cultures to kill the dogs and at least they eat them, Vick and co did it for no reaosn.

According to your set of morals it is wrong, morals are relative to each person.

Those dogs were not going to a good family, they were trained to fight, they were vicious. Killing them was the only thing that was going to happen to those things. I don't understand why they didn't just shoot them in the head, at least do it humanely.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Like trkaline said earlier Vick did not do that to the dogs. He was basically funding what was going on. I am pretty sure he is not the one who was doing all the stuff he just knew about it and it was his **** so he got in trouble for it. I have friends that did the same thing (fight pitbulls) People usually hang the dogs if they get to bad off from fighting. It is just ridiculous to say that he shouldn't play in the nfl when people like Like Lenard Little killed someone and Pacman got someone shot and all kinds of stuff that happens with people. You think Vick will do it again? No. So he probably learned from his MISTAKE. I doubt this will do anything for you since you said you would DIVORCE YOUR WIFE IF YOU FOUND OUT SHE DID ANYTHING LIKE THAT

I do think that players like Little (haven't heard about that one) and Jones should not be able to play in the NFL. Vick is probably disappointed that he got caught and has no remorse for what he has done. And didn't I say I viewed my dogs as my children? If you kill one of my dogs, you kill one of my children. That person would be dead to me, no matter what relation. That's just how I feel.

someone447
02-26-2009, 06:24 PM
I do think that players like Little (haven't heard about that one) and Jones should not be able to play in the NFL. Vick is probably disappointed that he got caught and has no remorse for what he has done. And didn't I say I viewed my dogs as my children? If you kill one of my dogs, you kill one of my children. That person would be dead to me, no matter what relation. That's just how I feel.

NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT KILLING PET DOGS! These dogs were no ones pets. They were bred and raised as killing machines. NO ONE KILLED ANYONES PETS!

You may need to seek help if you consider dogs as important as children. Not saying that getting really pissed off at someone who killed your pet isnt justifiable, but to compare them to children is a little over the top.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 06:25 PM
According to your set of morals it is wrong, morals are relative to each person.

Those dogs were not going to a good family, they were trained to fight, they were vicious. Killing them was the only thing that was going to happen to those things. I don't understand why they didn't just shoot them in the head, at least do it humanely.

True, that's why I'm outraged and a lot people are like who cares. I saw some of the videos that were released. Not all of those dogs wanted to fight. And I agree, at the very least shoot them in the head. No, cause that would cost them money to buy bullets, I guess

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-26-2009, 06:25 PM

I just think that you are being a little to harsh considering what people get away with. I mean do you not believe that people should get a second chance? I mean even if he doesn't feel remorse for it he still will not take the chance and do it again.

Bengalsrocket
02-26-2009, 06:26 PM
The number of people here who don't believe in redemption is astounding. I don't want to get into my personal views as a whole, but believe me I do not stand for dog fighting.

Yet I'm baffled here. If you're so righteous about cruelty to animals why do you not believe in second chances? What moral standard do you have that doesn't allow second chances?

I'll never be O.K. with what Vick did, but instead of letting rage control my feelings, I would like to think that he has the capacity to realize what he did was wrong and change himself for the better.

No one lives a cruel free life guys. And I'd imaging a good percentage of the forum viewers here do very little to change that. Now obviously not everyone is going out and purposely living a cruel life, but again I bet a vast majority of the people on here do things that purposely inflicts harm onto animals.

Where ever your moral line is drawn, you need to not let your feelings cloud what could be a great moment for a human being to regain a life again.

Halsey
02-26-2009, 06:27 PM
There's no point in trying to reason with Vick apologists. They will just make excuses and spin the truth. They were the same ones who first said he did nothing wrong and that people were just 'hatin'. They played every card from the government conspiracy to get Vick card to the racism card. They were also telling everyone Vick would only be in jail 1 year. No matter how many times they are wrong they will defend the guy to the end simply because he was fun to watch. Vick will return to the league, have little impact and be out of it again after a season or 2. They will swear to you he will return and take the league by storm.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-26-2009, 06:29 PM
The number of people here who don't believe in redemption is astounding. I don't want to get into my personal views as a whole, but believe me I do not stand for dog fighting.

Yet I'm baffled here. If you're so righteous about cruelty to animals why do you not believe in second chances? What moral standard do you have that doesn't allow second chances?

I'll never be O.K. with what Vick did, but instead of letting rage control my feelings, I would like to think that he has the capacity to realize what he did was wrong and change himself for the better.

No one lives a cruel free life guys. And I'd imaging a good percentage of the forum viewers here do very little to change that. Now obviously not everyone is going out and purposely living a cruel life, but again I bet a vast majority of the people on here do things that purposely inflicts harm onto animals.

Where ever your moral line is drawn, you need to not let your feelings cloud what could be a great moment for a human being to regain a life again.

**** the bengals but you are RIGHT. That is my point. OH NO HE IS SO BAD HE SHOULD NEVER PLAY AGAIN. When if it was your son who did that to dogs(not your dogs just dogs) you would want him to have a second chance right?? If not you are just as bad as vick

21ST
02-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Yeah, that's the reason. My team sucking is hard to watch but I'm not watching a guy who fought, drowned, slammed to the ground, hung and electrocuted dogs for the fun of it, play for my favorite sports team. In no way can I cheer for this guy.

So what they were animals i feel like he should have not even had to go to prison. To me the inhumane part was taking away part of a humans life over a bunch of killer dogs.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 06:31 PM
NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT KILLING PET DOGS! These dogs were no ones pets. They were bred and raised as killing machines. NO ONE KILLED ANYONES PETS!

You may need to seek help if you consider dogs as important as children. Not saying that getting really pissed off at someone who killed your pet isnt justifiable, but to compare them to children is a little over the top.

A lot of people who loves pets, call them their children. I do have a 3 week old daughter and I would not say my dogs and daughter are equal.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-26-2009, 06:31 PM
There's no point in trying to reason with Vick apologists. They will just make excuses make and spin the truth. They were the same ones who first said he did nothing wrong and that people were just 'hatin'. They played every card from the government conspiracy to get Vick card to the racism card. They were also telling everyone Vick would only be in jail 1 year. No matter how many times they are wrong they will defend the guy to the end simply because he was fun to watch. Vick will return to the league, have little impact and be out of it again after a season or 2. They will swear to you he will return and take the league by storm.

First off I hate Vick. If you were to ask anyone who knows me they will tell you that I hate him and I hate watching him play. So with that said your post is wrong because I am just saying that he deserves a second chance

Bengalsrocket
02-26-2009, 06:32 PM
So what they were animals i feel like he should have not even had to go to prison. To me the inhumane part was taking away part of a humans life over a bunch of killer dogs.

Easy now, the dogs were only killer because they were bred and raised that way. I've happily lived with several pits that have been both kind and loving to people of all ages.

someone447
02-26-2009, 06:32 PM
A lot of people who loves pets, call them their children. I do have a 3 week old daughter and I would not say my dogs and daughter are equal.

I think all those people have problems they need to get worked out. Animals/=children.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Yea this is not a place for racists talks. Leave that alone

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 06:34 PM
I just think that you are being a little to harsh considering what people get away with. I mean do you not believe that people should get a second chance? I mean even if he doesn't feel remorse for it he still will not take the chance and do it again.

He should get a second chance at life. I hope he can learn from this and become a better person but I do not think he should be allowed back into the NFL.

Bengalsrocket
02-26-2009, 06:36 PM
He should get a second chance at life. I hope he can learn from this and become a better person but I do not think he should be allowed back into the NFL.

So the NFL should be an elite club of moral standards? Where should he work that having a past of dog fighting is O.K. in contrast to the NFL where it isn't O.K.?

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-26-2009, 06:36 PM

Why??? I mean I understand you would breast feed your dogs but if the NFL lets a murderer back in the NFL why not a person who owned the place and funded the place where people killed dogs???

21ST
02-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Easy now, the dogs were only killer because they were bred and raised that way. I've happily lived with several pits that have been both kind and loving to people of all ages.

Yeah i understand all of that, so what do you think he should have done with the dogs and do you think they should have taken time out of Vick's life that he will never get back over them

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 06:39 PM
I think all those people have problems they need to get worked out. Animals/=children.

And that's why I said. Children >>>>> Animals. I love my pets and call them my children but I know they aren't.

Bengalsrocket
02-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah i understand all of that, so what do you think he should have done with the dogs and do you think they should have taken time out of Vick's life that he will never get back over them

Can you edit your text so I can respond appropriately? I don't understand the question, sorry.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Can you edit your text so I can respond appropriately? I don't understand the question, sorry.

He is saying what should they of done with the dogs after they were worthless? Do you think the loss of Vicks life in prison is worth those ANIMALS lives

Halsey
02-26-2009, 06:43 PM
I don't disagree that Vick deserves a second chance, but don't boo hoo about how the big bad legal system is out to get him. Funny how guys like Donavan Mcnabb, Tomlinson, Warrick Dunn, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, etc, etc ,etc, etc don't have problems with the law. If you don't want the feds on you, don't commit multiple federal offenses. One of the spins that Vick apologists like to pull is that he only fought dogs. Not true. He funded and ran a large scale dog fighting operation, he abused dogs, he killed dogs, he lied to federal authorities, he did his illegal business in multiple states, he did illegal drugs. And that's just what is known to have happened.

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 06:45 PM
nobody ever said anything about the legal system being unfair or the sentence being not justified. how about u read the thread?

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 06:45 PM
So the NFL should be an elite club of moral standards? Where should he work that having a past of dog fighting is O.K. in contrast to the NFL where it isn't O.K.?

McDonalds?

Why??? I mean I understand you would breast feed your dogs but if the NFL lets a murderer back in the NFL why not a person who owned the place and funded the place where people killed dogs???

I don't remember breast feeding them but I did feed them with a bottle when they were babies. The Mom didn't produce enough milk. I already said the NFL shouldn't let them back in.

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 06:46 PM
lol i dont understand that logic:

Give him a second chance at life! But he is only allowed to work at McDonalds.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-26-2009, 06:48 PM
I don't disagree that Vick deserves a second chance, but don't boo hoo about how the big bad legal system is out to get him. Funny how guys like Donavan Mcnabb, Tomlinson, Warrick Dunn, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, etc, etc ,etc, etc don't have problems with the law. If you don't want the feds on you, don't commit multiple federal offenses. One of the spins that Vick apologists like to pull is that he only fought dogs. Not true. He funded and ran a large scale dog fighting operation, he abused dogs, he killed dogs, he lied to federal authorities, he did his illegal business in multiple states, he did illegal drugs. And that's just what is known to have happened.

Did he actually touch any of those dogs? I do not think so but I am not 100% on that. He lied because he knew he was screwed. I am not saying that what he did was right I am just saying he should be allowed back in the NFL. Not everyone is MJ or Tiger. People make mistakes and to just turn your back on a person because he did something stupid makes you just as bad as he is. IMO

Bengalsrocket
02-26-2009, 06:48 PM
He is saying what should they of done with the dogs after they were worthless? Do you think the loss of Vicks life in prison is worth those ANIMALS lives

1) Keep the dogs. all life has value, I learned this from reading Dr. Suess' Horton hear's a who.

2) No, the 2 years that Vick spent in prison is not worth the possible hundreds of dogs he killed. However, I don't believe in an eye for an eye. The punishment can't always fit the crime. besides that, Vick could spend the rest of his life in jail and it doesn't give those dog's their life back.

Vick got a punishment. It doesn't matter if it was 2 years or 2 days, he did his time. Now that he's served that punishment he should be giving a second chance.

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 06:49 PM
wait didnt MJ have like problems with gambling

trkaline
HAhahahahahahahahah......he should only work at Mcdonalds? At least let him work at Walmart this discussion has been ridiculous from the offset..and now heres the next turn in a dead end argument.

SaintsMan
lol i dont understand that logic:

Give him a second chance at life! But he is only allowed to work at McDonalds.

He can work wherever he wants. I just suggested a place that doesn't care to check your background history. Any decent job will.

DHVF
02-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Vick to Minny...lets make it happen. :D

Bengalsrocket
02-26-2009, 06:55 PM
He can work wherever he wants. I just suggested a place that doesn't care to check your background history. Any decent job will.

He wants to work in the NFL I'm sure. And I'm sorry if you hold the sports world to a higher standard than every other job. But unfortunately a job is a job. You put in time, and come away with a pay check. It's a little off putting that you think people who work at McDonalds are less of human beings than people who play sports.

21ST
02-26-2009, 06:57 PM

yep yep yep

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-26-2009, 06:58 PM
He wants to work in the NFL I'm sure. And I'm sorry if you hold the sports world to a higher standard than every other job. But unfortunately a job is a job. You put in time, and come away with a pay check. It's a little off putting that you think people who work at McDonalds are less of human beings than people who play sports.

I guess to him once you are a criminal you are no longer a human. I just think this guy is clueless and obviously has no contact or knowing to different environments or lifestyles people grow up in or are used to living.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 06:59 PM

Not just the NFL, I don't think he should be on TV period. Just my personal opinion.

And where did I say people who work at McDonalds are less of human beings than people who play sports? I said it would be easier to get that type of job with a criminal background. It has nothing to do with character.

Bengalsrocket
02-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Not just the NFL, I don't think he should be on TV period.

And where did I say people who work at McDonalds are less of human beings than people who play sports? I said it would be easier to get that type of job with a criminal background. It has nothing to do with character.

Why shouldn't he work on TV?

21ST
02-26-2009, 07:01 PM
I guess to him once you are a criminal you are no longer a human. I just think this guy is clueless and obviously has no contact or knowing to different environments or lifestyles people grow up in or are used to living.

Pretty much, he just needs to get a clue

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Why shouldn't he work on TV?

That is just my own personal opinion. I don't want to see his face. Some feel different and that's fine.

Bengalsrocket
02-26-2009, 07:04 PM
That is just my own personal opinion. I don't want to see his face. Some feel different and that's fine.

No reason for it though?

Oh unless you mean "I don't want to see his face" is a valid reason in your opinion.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 07:06 PM
No reason for it though?

I think you know the reason.

21ST
02-26-2009, 07:08 PM
No reason for it though?

Oh unless you mean "I don't want to see his face" is a valid reason in your opinion.

over some damn dogs

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 07:09 PM
I think you know the reason.
apparently he doesnt.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
02-26-2009, 07:12 PM

Why? It's not like he killed someone (OJ) or was Pacmn Jones. I don't even see why he got 2 years for what he did.

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Why? It's not like he killed someone (OJ) or was Pacmn Jones. I don't even see why he got 2 years for what he did.
because he broke the law

I KNOW IT ALL
02-26-2009, 07:14 PM

Media demanded it, more or less.

PoopSandwich
02-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Media demanded it, more or less.

Yeah he didn't take dogs and hold gambling on an illegal activity and then take the losing dog an drown it or electrocute it or anything like that.

PoopSandwich
02-26-2009, 07:21 PM

Humans are ANIMALS fyi... If it is ILLEGAL in the USA to have dog fighting and gamble over it, then don't do it unless you want to spend some time in jail.

And to those who relate dog fighting to killing cows/pigs etc.... There's a difference between shooting a deer in the head and ending its life quick and torturing an animal to the point where all it tries to do is kill another animal of its species, and then if it fails it's either dead from the torture and fighting of another dog or its electrocuted and drown...

Big difference.

I KNOW IT ALL
02-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Yeah he didn't take dogs and hold gambling on an illegal activity and then take the losing dog an drown it or electrocute it or anything like that.

And millions of animals aren't put in worse conditions for your enjoyment every year. The difference is that Sally Soccer Mom identifies with Vick's puppies more than MassacreCo.'s chickens.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-26-2009, 07:24 PM
Humans are ANIMALS fyi... If it is ILLEGAL in the USA to have dog fighting and gamble over it, then don't do it unless you want to spend some time in jail.

And to those who relate dog fighting to killing cows/pigs etc.... There's a difference between shooting a deer in the head and ending its life quick and torturing an animal to the point where all it tries to do is kill another animal of its species, and then if it fails it's either dead from the torture and fighting of another dog or its electrocuted and drown...

Big difference.

We all know it wasn't nice to do that. I just do not think he should be banned from the NFL for it.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 07:25 PM
They don't get it or don't care. It's no use.

Killing a dog to some who post in this thread is nothing more than opening a door or driving a car. They have no emotion.

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 07:27 PM
They don't get it or don't care. It's no use.

Killing a dog to some who post in this thread is nothing more than opening a door or driving a car. They have no emotion.
lol, yes we are all evil cold blooded murderer who like to step on lil puppies and eat kittens for breakfast

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-26-2009, 07:29 PM
We all agree it was horrible but it was not nothing that should ruin the man for the rest of his life. I mean jeez you act like we are saying it is ok to do that.

Gay Ork Wang
02-26-2009, 07:32 PM
We all agree it was horrible but it was not nothing that should ruin the man for the rest of his life. I mean jeez you act like we are saying it is ok to do that.
IT IS! KILL MURDER ALL THOSE PUPPIES, THEY ARE WAY TOO DELICIOUS

brat316
02-26-2009, 07:34 PM

Big difference.

Boxing.....MMA.... If humans are animals we shouldn't be fighting either and betting on each other. Not for dog fighting, but just saying.

You know what I wonder, why did Vick drown or electrocute the dog if it wasn't fighting good? He could have easily put it to sleep, or take it in the back yard.

Anyways how would Vick get on a team, he is not in shape, would the parole officer even let him go to cali for a job? He has an ankle tracking thing, kind of like being on house arrest, but world wide view of where he is at all times.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Boxing and MMA, the fighters choose to fight, they don't fight to the death and the loser isn't killed.

21ST
02-26-2009, 07:37 PM

Big difference.

Technicaly, that is not true

Rayray52
02-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Wow 6 pages of people bickering and giving their opinion about crime and dog fighting how productive on an NFL board...

brat316
02-26-2009, 07:38 PM

Yeah, we know he did a bad bad thing. But come on he still worked hard to get to where he is. Why are you going to ruin the man's life? Plenty of people do worse things and are given second chances. He still worked hard to get to the NFL, don't take that away from him. If teams don't want to take him fine, but if the press and PETA, go nuts about not letting him play screw that. Its not their choice to let him play or not, they shouldn't be allowed to influence the NFL teams, and possible screw up vick life even more.

brat316
02-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Boxing and MMA, the fighters choose to fight, they don't fight to the death and the loser isn't killed.

well if the dog had a strong mind, he could run away in fear, and hide. ahhahaha. Sometimes the loser are killed by taking to many blows to the head hahaha.

brat316
02-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Also I would like to see Vick be forced to return kicks, play RB, play wildcat, WR, cb, and once in a while Wild Card.

Think about they could pull that Titans play, kick off return where they throw it back. But with Vick it can be a little more accurate. Line him up at WR, whats coming WR reverse, WR Throw, WR run, no one knows.

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 08:09 PM
lol i wish i could just not care. i just get to fired up with this stuff.

someone447
02-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Technicaly, that is not true

Umm, yes it is. Human are a type of animal. There is absolutely no debating that. We are **** sapiens in the Kingdom Animalia. We are animals.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
02-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Umm, yes it is. Human are a type of animal. There is absolutely no debating that. We are **** sapiens in the Kingdom Animalia. We are animals.

Hmm. I wonder if homogeneous is censored?

EDIT: Guess not :( I was hoping for an FDK situation.

someone447
02-26-2009, 08:47 PM
and people wonder why we don't and will never have a politics/religion board. if this thread is representative of the general level of discussion/debate skills on something as cut and dried as "He pled guilty to one felony count of conspiracy to operate an interstate dogfighting ring," i cringe to think of the crap that would get posted if the topic weren't so bloody obvious.

this is your official topic check. no one cares if you think dog fighting is the greatest thing ever, if you think MMA is worse, or if you think vick should be forced to fight marcus and then killed if he loses. none of these things are remotely relevant.

Too many people's debating skills extend no farther than NUH UH! Uh HUH! Unfortunately the people who are unable to do more than that ruin it for those of us who can. My problem is I get too far off track onto morality issues, and the consequences of universal morality vs relative morality, and also the issue of cultural relativism.

trkaline
02-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Yeah continuing this argument would be like beating a dead dog..err I mean horse...

someone447
02-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Hmm. I wonder if homogeneous is censored?

EDIT: Guess not :( I was hoping for an FDK situation.

It's because it is one word. HomoSapiens, **** Sapiens. See.

trkaline
02-26-2009, 08:49 PM
I"M COOL BECAUSE I CAN PUSH BOUNDARIES... see if this works...

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Let's just agree that I'm right and end this.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Or agree to disagree and end it :)

someone447
02-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Let's just agree that I'm right and end this.

... You are right that it is a taboo, and you are right that it is illegal. That is as far as I am willing to say you are right. I will, however, agree that we will never see eye to eye on this matter.

trkaline
02-26-2009, 09:00 PM
And the show goes on until someone locks this thread...in 5....4....3.....2.....1...either NJX or Jbond place your bets here..

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Everyone is arguing with opinions. We were getting nowhere and we'll continue to get nowhere like this. I'm just saying what I think, I'm not trying to change anyones mind. Agree to disagree on some matters is fine with me.

vikes_28
02-26-2009, 09:06 PM
!!Cool!!!!

D-Unit
02-26-2009, 09:34 PM
I just hope he gets signed by Dallas to be Romo's backup.

21ST
02-26-2009, 09:43 PM

It all depends how you classify it i could give you a long explaination but its like saying, a square is a rectangle.

brat316
02-26-2009, 09:45 PM
It all depends how you classify it i could give you a long explaination but its like saying, a square is a rectangle.

dudes come on you can now force Vick to play slash hahah. He says no you say you want a job or not.

someone447
02-26-2009, 10:01 PM

A square is rectangle... There is no question about that either... This isn't a matter of opinion. It is scientific(mathematical in the case of the square) fact...

Menardo75
02-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Wow guys he isn't a bad guy at all. He needs to be around the right group though otherwise he can get influenced to do stupid things. His little brother is the piece of **** of the two.

aNYtitan
02-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Possible teams that will want to sign him:
Oakland - Obvious
San Fran - Mike Singletary hasn't ruled it out

Where else?

DHVF
02-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Possible teams that will want to sign him:
Oakland - Obvious
San Fran - Mike Singletary hasn't ruled it out

Where else?

He belongs in Minnesota. Kthxbye ;)

thule
02-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Dallas is always a likely location for talented players with character issues...so I think they automatically have to be included.

badgerbacker
02-26-2009, 11:49 PM
So it is settled. Vick will receive the death penalty for his actions?

In other news, I heard Andre Smith is being taken off teams' draft boards completely when the news of him burning ants with a magnifying glass as a youngster emerged.

aNYtitan
02-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Dallas is always a likely location for talented players with character issues...so I think they automatically have to be included.

I guess, but how did the last two character end up working out. Pacman released, Tank wasn't resigned

steelersfan43
02-27-2009, 01:10 AM

Humans are animals the same way any other animal is an animal.. We are no exception.

BlindSite
02-27-2009, 02:09 AM
Singletary would be a good influence on him IMO and he'd certainly be a bit of a draw card for a franchise that's struggled to find anything to sell to their fan's for a while.

If their PR department is good enough and Vick comes out and says the right thing, they could actually make it a positive move for the franchise.

no love
02-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Singletary would be a good influence on him IMO and he'd certainly be a bit of a draw card for a franchise that's struggled to find anything to sell to their fan's for a while.

If their PR department is good enough and Vick comes out and says the right thing, they could actually make it a positive move for the franchise.

Really? In the bay area?? We are home of the activist everything..

You do know that animal lovers in OAKLAND were the ones who adopted some of Vick'd dogs...

jballa838
02-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Vick needs a straight laced team to monitor him. Tampa Bay?

BBIB
02-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Vick's return to the NFL will be somewhat akin to Pacman's. It'll generate a lot of press and hype, but he won't make much of a difference for a team on the field. Vick is older, has not even practiced football in years and probably isn't quite the same athlete he was.

Vick made by far more of an impact on the field than Pac Man Jones ever did when he was in the league and should still do so in his return.

Yeah he's older but he's also only 6 months older than a QB like Eli Manning. Not exactly ancient.

BBIB
02-27-2009, 06:27 PM

The gambling is the main reason he did time not the dog fighting. If dog fighting was so serious his co-defendants would not have gotten such light charges. Hell one of them only did 2 months in prison despite a past with the law.

21ST
02-27-2009, 07:46 PM
The gambling is the main reason he did time not the dog fighting. If dog fighting was so serious his co-defendants would not have gotten such light charges. Hell one of them only did 2 months in prison despite a past with the law.

Thats bs they charged him with dog fighting and his co-defendants snitched on him thats why they didht have as much time as vick. They wanted to take the big dog down(Vick)

The Legend
02-27-2009, 08:31 PM
New York Jets seem to be going after everybody so why not Vick.

BBIB
02-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Thats bs they charged him with dog fighting and his co-defendants snitched on him thats why they didht have as much time as vick. They wanted to take the big dog down(Vick)

You think if they were doing something like trafficking drugs or sex slaves they would get such light sentences? Of course not.

Despite the PETA outrage, dog fighting is not considered as serious a crime as you think.

Hell if it wasn't for lobbying by groups like PETA dog fighting would still not be a felony.

someone447
02-28-2009, 03:40 PM

Uhh, dog fighting isn't a federal crime. Vick served most of his time due to the gambling involved.

BlindSite
02-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Really? In the bay area?? We are home of the activist everything..

You do know that animal lovers in OAKLAND were the ones who adopted some of Vick'd dogs...

Redemption stories are always an easy sell, to any market, anywhere.