PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Disappointment in your team draft

Wootylicous
02-26-2009, 04:09 PM
For me it was probably Chad Jackson. God when we drafted him I thought he would be something special but now he just fallen from the face of the Earth

what is yours ?

PossibleCabbage
02-26-2009, 04:12 PM
It's a tie between Tony Mandarich and Jamal Reynolds. I don't think I have to expand upon this point any.

oregonbucfan
02-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Any bucs 1st rd pick under Gruden and Allen.

eaglesalltheway
02-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Hmm, either Jerome McDougle or Winston Justice. Both showed tiny glimmers last year, but they never lived up to what ehy sould have been. McDougle was on the Giants (only active for a few games I think) and Justice barely sees the field.

I really haven't been old enough to really follow the draft since 6 or 7 years ago..

Don Vito
02-26-2009, 04:13 PM
For me it was probably Chad Jackson. God when we drafted him I thought he would be something special but now he just fallen from the face of the Earth

what is yours ?

I second Jackson for the Patriots. You could also include Andy Katzenmoyer, Robert Edwards (could have been special if not for a dumb injury), Marquise Hill, and Bethle Johnson. A lot of people would put Maroney as being a disappointment but he is still young and loaded with talent, if he manages to stay healthy he could really be a stud.

vidae
02-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Ryan Sims.

Halsey
02-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Michael Vick. Not only was he a top overall pick, but he was also extremely talented and extremely entertaining. He could have had a long, great career if he chose to live right and focus more on his job.

Kurve
02-26-2009, 04:20 PM
lets just say probably 90% of the raiders 1st round picks of the decade havent been anything as expected.

Gallery
Washington
Huff
Gibson
Brayton
Buchannan
Harris
Janikowski ( not because of performance but we picked a fricken kicker in the 1st round) GOOD OLD AL!!!

- to early to tell
Russell
Mcfadden

Ones that have panned out

Nnamdi
Woodson

indyfan1985
02-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Hmmmm for the Colts recently, I would have to say LT Tony Ugoh. Granted he has only played for 2 years, but this past year he really lacked toughness and hopefully he steps up his game this year.

Monomach
02-26-2009, 04:33 PM
If I bite my tongue and limit it to first rounders, these are the recent ones that really get me steaming mad:

Cade McNown
Rex Grossman
Michael Haynes
Curtis Enis
Rashaan Salaam
David Terrell

I know a lot of people would put Benson and Colombo on that list, but I think those are the result of the Bears mishandling their situations.

Limiting it to one, I'd go with McNown. He just transformed into Mr. Hyde as soon as he was drafted.

Bigburt63
02-26-2009, 04:35 PM
I second Jackson for the Patriots. You could also include Andy Katzenmoyer, Robert Edwards (could have been special if not for a dumb injury), Marquise Hill, and Bethle Johnson. A lot of people would put Maroney as being a disappointment but he is still young and loaded with talent, if he manages to stay healthy he could really be a stud.

Ya, other than Jackson I'd say Katzenmoyer for the Patriots. And Roberts was gonna be something special....damn rookie beach football!

SaintsMan
02-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Jonathan Sullivan. He only cared about the buffet line

CashmoneyDrew
02-26-2009, 04:46 PM
http://www.bannerblog.com.au/news/picts/pacman.jpg

coordinator0
02-26-2009, 04:50 PM
ugh...

Kyle Boller. It doesn't seem so bad since we have Flacco now, but we traded up to get that worthless *.*.*. Travis Taylor wouldn't be far behind.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-26-2009, 04:57 PM
For Baltimore, I'll say Kyle Boller. Had all the tools you look for, but never understood the game mentally. And Dan Cody, he coulda been something special or at worst a outstanding special teamer but he was an injury magnet.

bored of education
02-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Ryan Sims.

Glen Dorsey. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I mean Ryan Sims

joking about GD!

Splat
02-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Todd Blackledge or Ryan Sims flip a coin.

thenewfeature06
recently..Michael Huff

SeanTaylorRIP
hmm where to start, for the Skins:

Desmond Howard was a bust pick for the Skins as the 4th pick in the draft. He was a pretty good returner although not nearly as he was in GB but as a receiver he brought little.

Heath Schuler with the 3rd pick probably is the worse pick.

Michael Westbrook could challenge Schuler, he wasn't necessarily an awful player but a headcase who didn't produce like he should of. He was like a poor man's Antonio Bryant, and with the 4th pick in the draft, you can't have that.

Andre Johnson the OT was awful for a first rounder or for a football player in general.

More recently there is also Rod Gardner, Patrick Ramsey, and Taylor Jacobs, no need to explain those. Schuler though is definitely the worst.

Michigan
02-26-2009, 05:26 PM
The Lions have never had a disappointing first round pick. I feel sorry for all of you guys.

JRTPlaya21
02-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Patrick Ramsey

coordinator0
02-26-2009, 06:01 PM
The Lions have never had a disappointing first round pick. I feel sorry for all of you guys.

Too many to mention lol. I'd say Joey was because he was supposed to be the franchise. Yeah...

SeanTaylorRIP
02-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Too many to mention lol. I'd say Joey was because he was supposed to be the franchise. Yeah...

And Charles Rogers was supposed to be Randy Moss x2.

JRTPlaya21
02-26-2009, 06:03 PM
And Charles Rogers was supposed to be Randy Moss x2.

And Mike Williams was supposed to be Terrell Owens x2.

holt_bruce81
02-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Tye Hill....god I wanted Cromartie SOOO BAD!

I_C_DeadPeople
02-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Bengals fan - the last 18 years worth of drafts have pretty much been disappointments save for the Carson Palmer draft year. Horrible, horrible drafting...

Gchu83
02-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Texans: Travis Johnson- Horrible pick considering we passed on Derrick Johnson.

Borat
02-26-2009, 06:11 PM
49ers: Akili Smith.

Grizzlegom
02-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Ted Ginn is the be all end all (i REALLY wanted Brady Quinn) but Jason Allen was a disappointment to me as well, not really anyone i had pegged for us that year but i had Allen graded as a second rounder so i thought it was a big reach.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
02-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Super busts for the SKins, WRs we thought were going into the HOF;

Michael Westbrook
Desmond Howard

And lest we forget, the incomparable Tennessee QB Heath Shuler!!

I'm going to include FS Sean Taylor on this list, but for opposite reasons.
The summer before he was killed, Ed Reed counseled him that if he really focused on his game, he had the ability to better than him!
So Sean lost 15 pounds, came into camp weighing 214, got his 40 into the low 4.4s and was having a beast of season. The good Lord took him too soon.

PossibleCabbage
02-26-2009, 06:37 PM

"Being disappointed" really depends on what your expectations are. After the last decade or so, it's become really hard to disappoint a Lions fan.

Malaka
02-26-2009, 06:53 PM
For the Giants I really think it has to be... at least recently... Ron Dayne, I thought the heisman winner was going to be amazing as the thunder to Tiki's lightning. Well it turns out that guy was 4th round pick Brandon Jacobs who is everything Ron Dayne was supposed to be.

I_C_DeadPeople
02-26-2009, 07:01 PM
49ers: Akili Smith.

I assume you mean Alex Smith? Akili was a Bengals bust - bigger than usual since they could have traded out of the spot of all of the NO picks.

BlueBandit24
02-26-2009, 07:11 PM
I'd say there are three recent candidates for the Vikings, two from the same draft:

Troy Williamson-He worked fairly hard so I can't come down on him too hard, but he just could not overcome his brutal hands.

Erasmus James-Barely saw the field and spent more time on IR.

Demetrius Underwood-Went AWOL and then tried to commit suicide in the middle of a highway.

All three have good arguments.

yourfavestoner
02-26-2009, 07:42 PM
R. Jay Soward

phlysac
02-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Where oh where to begin. How about nearly every single first round pick or first selection of the last 20 years...

1989 - Keith DeLong - LB - Tennessee
1990 - Dexter Carter - RB - Florida St.
1991 - Ted Washington - DT - Louisville (Great player... but not for the 49ers)
1992 - Dana Hall - Washington
1993 - Todd Kelly - LB - Tennessee
1995 - Trading up to select JJ Stokes - WR - UCLA
1996 - Israel Ifeanyi - DE - USC
1997 - Jim Druckenmiller - QB - Virginia Tech
1998 - RW McQuarters - CB - Oklahoma St.
1999 - Reggie McGrew - DT - Florida

2000 - WORST DRAFT OF ALL-TIME - because they sandwiched the New England selection Tom Brady (local product who wanted to be a 49er) with QB's Giovanni Carmazzi of Hofstra and Tim Rattay of Louisiana Tech.

2002 - Mike Rumph - CB - Miami
2003 - Kwame Harris - OT - Stanford
2004 - RaShaun Woods - WR - Oklahoma St. (Traded down the opportunity to select Vince Wilfork)

I suppose many people could also include (myself NOT included)...

2005 - Alex Smith - QB - Utah
2006 - Vernon Davis - TE - Maryland
2006 - Manny Lawson - OLB - North Carolina St.
2008 - Kentwan Balmer - DE - NorthCarolina

Their only first round picks of the last 20 years to ever really accomplish anything were Patrick Willis, Joe Staley, Bryant Young, Julian Peterson, and Andre Carter and two of them left the 49ers before they were even in their prime.

I suppose that's a more than pathetic 20 years of top picks. :kills self:

keylime_5
02-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, William Green, it sucks to be a Browns fan this decade. Some older ones could tell you about a lot of bad picks back in the 70s and 80s, but it's been a lot worse in this era.

Luckily Winslow, Edwards, Thomas, and hopefully Quinn marks a recent good track record with top picks. Savage made it a little better (hard not to be better than Dwight Clark and Butch Davis at picking decent football players)

Bosanac01
02-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Jamaal Anderson.

2 sacks of 2 years staring every game. Never getting double teamed, and playing against the worst competition. With John Abraham getting 16.5, it should free him up, but nooooooooooo he be sucking.

RaiderNation
02-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Almost every person the raiders have drafted this decade. Only ones that turned out good was Nnamdi and Woodson. Its too early to tell on Russell and DMAC.

Biggest one though is Robert Gallery. If he would have panned out at LT, this might be different right now.

Xonraider
02-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Almost every person the raiders have drafted this decade. Only ones that turned out good was Nnamdi and Woodson. Its too early to tell on Russell and DMAC.

Biggest one though is Robert Gallery. If he would have panned out at LT, this might be different right now.

come on now the last few drafts have been pretty good

Jamarcus showed progress towards the end
Zach Miller looks like a stud
Quentin Moses sucks
Mario Henderson did a damn good job at LT
Johnnie Lee Higgins is a playmaker
Michael Bush I still cant beeleeve we got him
Jay Richardson decent back up
Oren O'neal great leadblocker

Chaz Schillens was VERY good the few times he played

the_legend_killer
02-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Recently I would say Troy Williamson, but overall I don't think you can argue with trading everything and the kitchen sink for Hershell Walker, and watching those draft picks build a dynasty.

Saints-Tigers
02-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Rick Williams by far in my life time.

Honorable mention Jonathan Sullivan.

Crickett
02-26-2009, 11:57 PM
For the Giants I really think it has to be... at least recently... Ron Dayne, I thought the heisman winner was going to be amazing as the thunder to Tiki's lightning. Well it turns out that guy was 4th round pick Brandon Jacobs who is everything Ron Dayne was supposed to be.

For the Jets: Kyle Brady.
For the Giants: Joe Don Looney.

draftguru151
02-27-2009, 09:44 AM
Ted Ginn is the be all end all (i REALLY wanted Brady Quinn) but Jason Allen was a disappointment to me as well, not really anyone i had pegged for us that year but i had Allen graded as a second rounder so i thought it was a big reach.

I'd go with Jason Allen just because Ted Ginn isn't completely worthless. At the time the Ginn pick was definitely worse though.

nepg
02-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Andy Katzenmoyer (neck injuries are a *****)
________
Ashy (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Ashy/)

Monomach
02-28-2009, 01:55 AM
Rick Williams by far in my life time.

You guys got three good years out of Rickey before trading him for two first rounders. He didn't bust for you at all.

imraged
02-28-2009, 03:27 AM
Dwayne Jarrett and Eric Shelton.

Especially Shelton, Jarrett at least still has time to turn it around. Shelton was an absolute waste of a second rounder. Had 8 carries in two seasons and isn't even in the league anymore. Worst part about it is the guy that I really wanted was Frank Gore who went just a few picks later.

Bama9507
02-28-2009, 03:35 AM
Ginn went for 800 yds and 14.1 avg....he's growing and getting better...whats the problme ?

Monomach
02-28-2009, 04:34 AM
Dwayne Jarrett and Eric Shelton.

Especially Shelton, Jarrett at least still has time to turn it around. Shelton was an absolute waste of a second rounder. Had 8 carries in two seasons and isn't even in the league anymore. Worst part about it is the guy that I really wanted was Frank Gore who went just a few picks later.

You can't call a wideout a bust before his third season is over.

Some of you guys have a crazy definition of "bust."

initial_flo
02-28-2009, 04:35 AM
Gerard Warren, never even heard of my man 'big money' back in the day. He sucked hard too.

Yeah that and the other first half dozen Browns picks since the came back, awesome...

Thecollegedropout
02-28-2009, 07:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98&feature=PlayList&p=0E0A20C010EDCB66&playnext=1&index=30

To add onto this

- Bryan Thomas(He isnt terrible but very inconsistent at times. Picked over Ed Reed which is where the disappointment comes in)
- Dewayne Robertson(**** him)
- Mike Nugent(Ugh a 2nd round pick on a kicker, and not even a good one too)
- Justin Miller(Pro bowl returner but a guy who was always lost when playing CB.)

BufFan71
03-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Jp Losman--- He had the cannon, the athletic ability, and the swagger...

Donte Whitner--- did we really pick him instead of Haloti Ngata? Are u kidding me? Ngata has more INTS than Whitner does

03-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Bobby "Barbie" Carpenter-What a ***** made player. He is the essence of a fragile player . He had all the athletic ability in the world, yet for some reason, he just sucks ass, because no one likes him and he is soft.

Julius Jones-Man what a enigma. After he came back from his injury in his rookie year, he had 800 + yards in 8 games, and we all thought Emitt Smith 2.0 had just been dropped into our laps. Then he got hurt and forgot how to run without hitting the back of his lineman.

Jacob Rogers- Freaking Headcase man. Just a damn head case. Didn't even like football, and was the first person we cut from that 2004 draft. He retired and coaches at a small school now.

Crickett
03-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Donte Whitner--- did we really pick him instead of Haloti Ngata? Are u kidding me? Ngata has more INTS than Whitner does

I remember laughing so much when they made that pick and everyone sitting around me at the draft saying it was a good pick. It wasn't.

BufFan71
03-01-2009, 02:27 PM
I remember laughing so much when they made that pick and everyone sitting around me at the draft saying it was a good pick. It wasn't.

i was talkin on the phone with my brother..

and i said...

"jerry, Ngata is gonna be a buffalo Bill!"

"with the 8th pick in the 2007 NFL draft, The Buffalo Bills Select DOnte Whitner, Safety, Ohio State"

".............................who?"

SuperMcGee
03-01-2009, 02:43 PM
What? Whitner is not even close. Not a terrible pick, not the worst from that year (McCargo), and certainly not the worst for our team (Mike Williams, Erik Flowers, ...)

BufFan71
03-01-2009, 02:46 PM
What?

Whitner is not even close. Not a terrible pick, not the worst from that year (McCargo), and certainly not the worst for our team (Mike Williams, Erik Flowers, ...)

Can you honestly say that Whitner was worth the 8th overal pick?

i realize there were picks that were worse.... But Whitner has been the most disapointing

mini
03-02-2009, 07:55 PM
I love hoe I dont recognize most of these names. I guess it's for good reason... I'll go with JP "Just Punt" Losman or John McCargo.

aNYtitan
03-02-2009, 08:15 PM
So far it has to be Vince Young, but I don't think his career is over and I really hope he can make a case for himself this season or the next

Flyboy
03-02-2009, 08:17 PM

It hurts to even read that name.

twista6002
03-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Pretty much any Eagles 1st rounder pre-Reid minus maybe Bednarik, Sizemore, couple other guys I can't think of off the top of my head. In recent times, Freddie Mitchell, Jerome McDougle and Winston Justice all come to mind.

Mr.Regular
03-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Of recent memory I have to go Ahmad Carrol....he made me cringe.
Second biggest was when we traded up in the 3rd round to pick a punter who I dont even think is in the league anymore.

Pssssh BJ Sander, give me a break,

GB12
03-02-2009, 10:03 PM

what is yours ?
God that was awesome. We traded down with New England so that you guys could get Chad Jackson, and then we take Greg Jennings.

etk
03-03-2009, 08:04 AM
99% of Gruden's picks.

DeathbyStat
03-03-2009, 08:36 AM
For the steelers in recent memory...Troy Edwards

Held a whole bunch of records in college and was awfull in the pros

Fly_EaglesFly
03-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Pretty much any Eagles 1st rounder pre-Reid minus maybe Bednarik, Sizemore, couple other guys I can't think of off the top of my head. In recent times, Freddie Mitchell, Jerome McDougle and Winston Justice all come to mind.

Mike Mamula!

DcmRulz
03-03-2009, 10:44 AM
The Vikings 2005 draft class

if i had to pick one player specifically, it would be Troy Williamson (only because we traded Randy Moss for him).

Speed gets a reciever nowhere if he CAN'T FREAKING CATCH!!!

Brent
03-03-2009, 11:04 AM
The entire 2002 Niners draft (with the exception of Eric Heitmann) was a complete disaster:

1 27 Mike Rumph DB Miami (Fla.)
3 69 Saleem Rasheed LB Alabama
4 102 Jeff Chandler K Florida
4 127 Kevin Curtis DB Texas Tech
5 163 Brandon Doman QB Brigham Young
5 172 Josh Shaw DT Michigan State
6 201 Mark Anelli TE Wisconsin
7 239 Eric Heitmann G Stanford
7 248 Kyle Kosier T Arizona State
7 256 Teddy Gaines -- Tennessee

Kase1
03-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Giants 1st round busts: 98 Shaun Williams, 00 Ron Dayne, 01 Will Allen, 03 William Joseph

At least we're done with THAT era, LOL

Crickett
03-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Giants 1st round busts: 98 Shaun Williams, 00 Ron Dayne, 01 Will Allen, 03 William Joseph

At least we're done with THAT era, LOL

Really? Shaun Williams and Will Allen? Really? :confused:

2 Live Crew
03-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Where are the Chargers fans?

Ryan Leaf > ALL (for this threads purposes)

someone447
03-03-2009, 11:37 AM
It's a tie between Tony Mandarich and Jamal Reynolds. I don't think I have to expand upon this point any.

With Grabby Smurf(Ahmad Carrol) a close third. Not only was he a wasted pick, he lost countless games for the Packers.

someone447
03-03-2009, 11:40 AM

I disagree, I still think Mandarich was worse, after all the Pack passed on Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas, and Deion Sanders.

The Chargers just passed on Fred Taylor, Charles Woodson, and Randy Moss.

hockey619
03-03-2009, 11:40 AM

I disagree to an extent.

Leaf was a huge bust and maybe the biggest ever, but the gap is closer than most claim between him and a number of other guys (Akili Smith comes to mind).

He blew up on a media guy and the media protect there own, which is why he always will get called the biggest bust by media outlets. Yes he was astronomically awful, but the media will lead you to believe he was sooooo much worse than others who were definitely in the same league of badness.

jballa838
03-03-2009, 11:41 AM
The Bos. . .

Crickett
03-03-2009, 11:47 AM
I disagree to an extent.

Leaf was a huge bust and maybe the biggest ever, but the gap is closer than most claim between him and a number of other guys (Akili Smith comes to mind).

He blew up on a media guy and the media protect there own, which is why he always will get called the biggest bust by media outlets. Yes he was astronomically awful, but the media will lead you to believe he was sooooo much worse than others who were definitely in the same league of badness.

Junior Seau wasn't a member of the media. Akili Smith was a bust as were most 90's Bengals picks not named Corey Dillon, but not of the epic proportions of THE Ryan Leaf.

Haralson98
03-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Easily WR Rashuan Woods and CB Mike Rumph....I really thought these dudes were gonna be beasts for the 49ers. Even though Alex Smith was the #1 pick, I thought Woods and Rumph had more promise

stephenson86
03-03-2009, 11:53 AM
http://www.bannerblog.com.au/news/picts/pacman.jpg

10 characters

IndyColtScout
03-03-2009, 12:09 PM
It really hurts my eyes to see some of these names.

the 49ers drafts, Rod Gardner, Ahamd Carroll, Fred Ex, the Lions picks, its just ugly. I remember thinking some of these guys were good when I was like 14.

Luckily, I am a Colts fan soooo I don't really have any.

I will say this though, the year Mike Bennett and LT were drafted, I like Scott Wright thought Bennett was going to be the stud.

Then Bennett made the pro bowl and I felt like he was really going to be good, and then he fell off. He is still a decent backup, but I thought he was a multi pro bowl player.

Solomon
03-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Bengals fan - the last 18 years worth of drafts have pretty much been disappointments save for the Carson Palmer draft year. Horrible, horrible drafting...

The recent Bengals drafts have actually been decent. Most of the Bengals talent has been aquired through the draft. Pollack and Thurman didn't pan out but they were good selections. Injuries ruined Pollack's career and Thurman couldn't stay out of trouble.

Guys like Palmer, Rudi Johnson, Chad Ocho Cinco, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Levi Jones, Eric Steinbach, Andrew Whitworth, Anthony Collins, Robert Geathers, Justin Smith, Domatko Peko, Pat Sims, Keith Rivers, Leon Hall, Jon Joseph, Madieu Williams, Marvin White, Chinedum Ndukwe have all been good draft picks.

The Bengals biggest problems have been injuries and the fact the the FO isn't very willing to spend money either to pursue free agents or to keep their own talent.

The Dynasty
03-03-2009, 12:44 PM
The 2005 NFL Draft...I'm pretty sure no one from that draft is on the team anymore. Worst draft ever.

terribletowel39
03-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Kendall Simmons or Troy Edwards....tried for the first round Louisiana Techster. didn't work this time though.

MarioPalmer
03-03-2009, 02:10 PM
OMG Rams own this.

Ready for the pure suckage that is Rams draft?

1. Damione Lewis (could of had Marcus Stroud, Casey Hampton)
2. Jimmy Kennedy (could of had Ty Warren)
3. Adam Archulata (could of had Nate Clements)
4. Tye Hill (could of had Haloti Ngata or Jay Cutler)
5. Chris Long (could of had Matt Ryan)
6. Adam Carriker (could of had Darrelle Revis)

But thats not where the pure and awesome power of the suckage comes from.

TOP 3 ALL TIME RAMS DRAFT SUCKAGE

3. Robert Thomas (LB UCLA) Yeah thats right you don't know who he is.
2. Lawrence Phillips (RB Nebraska) Yeah thats right, the girl friend beating drunken idiot, that was Pac Man before there was a Pac Man. This moron set the tone for morons to come for decades.

And the #1 Worst Pick By the St.Louis Rams that is and for ever will be known as pure and complete suckage and the definition of EPIC FAIL:

TRUNG CANDIDATE

So yeah, we own this, this is our crown bitches, get used to it.

the decider13
03-03-2009, 02:27 PM
No bronco fans representing our crappy drafts...I'm gonna stick with just first rounders cause they are bad enough.

Jarvis Moss-Not only does Jarvis suck, but we traded up for him. And passed on players like Jon Beason and Michael Griffin.

George Foster-Nothing needs to be said here

Ashley Lelie-Another case that speed does not mean good receiver if he can't catch. Even the raiders don't want Lelie anymore ;)

Willie Middlebrooks-I don't even remember this guy on the team. That's pretty aweful

Dealtha O'neal -he wasn't completely worthless, but Julian Peterson was one pick later. Still, Dealtha sucked

Marcus Nash-Yeah...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Nash
Go educate yourself on how much of a bust he was. He recorded no stats for any NFL team.

I'm gonna give the award to Marcus Nash for sure

Crickett
03-03-2009, 02:28 PM
And the #1 Worst Pick By the St.Louis Rams that is and for ever will be known as pure and complete suckage and the definition of EPIC FAIL:

TRUNG CANDIDATE

So yeah, we own this, this is our crown bitches, get used to it.

Considering Trung Candidate's shining moment was running all over the Jets, what happened to him? And why is he a worse bust than Phillips?

MarioPalmer
03-03-2009, 02:32 PM
Considering Trung Candidate's shining moment was running all over the Jets, what happened to him? And why is he a worse bust than Phillips?

First off, his name is Trung, he loses automatically there, second this was a guy nom one had haerd of eer before the combine and then he works out and Mike "The Mad Genius" Martz thinks he is the next coming of Marshall Faulk.

And lastly,his name is ******* TRUNG!!!!!!!!

Mr.Regular
03-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Marcus Nash=2 time Super Bowl CHAMPION

lol he has double the amount of catches in his career than he does super bowl rings

the decider13
03-03-2009, 02:59 PM
I should have two superbowl rings if Marcus Nash has two rings. I have contributed the same amount to the NFL.

TankGiant
03-04-2009, 12:05 PM
William Joseph and Ron Dayne. Enough said.

brat316
03-04-2009, 12:18 PM
who is the biggest disappointment of this decade, since Leaf owns everything else?

Its between Pac, Charles Rodgers, who else?

Young Nasty Man
03-04-2009, 12:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98
have some fun with this one...

2 Live Crew
03-04-2009, 12:33 PM
For the Redskins let us not forget...Senator Heath Shuler!

the decider13
03-04-2009, 12:41 PM
hahaha...that jet's video was pretty awesome. Or depressing if you are a jets fan. The fullback one was the best haha

OoO And my pick for biggest bust of this decade has be Super Randy Moss himself...Charles Rogers

Young Nasty Man
03-04-2009, 12:52 PM
when your a Jets fan, you never cheer during a draft. Even if you were to Peyton Manning, no one will be happy.

HawkeyeFan
03-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Any player that didn't live up to standards or there potential.

Shane P. Hallam
03-04-2009, 03:14 PM
It is EASILY Troy Edwards for the Steelers. I have his jersey in my closet to prove it.

broadstbullies
03-05-2009, 03:54 AM
Mike Mamula
Winston Justice
Jerome McDougle
Freddie Mitchell
Jon Harris
Bernard Williams
Reggie Brown

I can go on and on. They did get some good steals though in DeSean and Westbrook and etc

MetSox17
03-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Barbie Carpenter, Jacob Rogers, Stephen Peterman, The two first rounders we gave up for Joey Galloway (Thanks, Jerry), Ebenezer Ekuban, Derek Ross.

Chief49er
03-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Alex Smith or Rashawn Woods.

Saints-Tigers
03-05-2009, 12:51 PM
You guys got three good years out of Rickey before trading him for two first rounders. He didn't bust for you at all.

We traded like 2374238974 picks for 3 years of sub 4 yards per carry, terrible hands, more fumbles than TD's and whiny drama.

You must not remember the expectations on Ricky, we were supposed to be getting the savior of our franchise, and we got a guy who was either injured or fumbling.

rockio42
03-06-2009, 08:27 AM
hahah MarioPalmer I didn't realize you were a Rams fan...but Long and Carriker are NOT busts sorry but you are wrong there...

but ya Lawrence Phillps and Trung Candidate..jesus chris those were bad I'm pretty sure 2002 was our worst year we had 3 1st rounders...3!!! and none of them are on the team...

Saints-Tigers
03-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Any player that didn't live up to standards or there potential.

That's some truly ground breaking analysis.

yno88
03-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Couple of Cowboys notables:

Kareem Larrimore and Shante Carver.

It's bad when your first rounders end up on your arena ball team.

phenomenal_waffles
03-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Willie Middlebrooks, DB, drafted 24th overall by the Denver Broncos in '01

Ashley Lelie, WR, drafted 19th overall by the Denver Broncos in '02

Marino13
03-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Eddie Moore or Jamar Fletcher.

With Fletcher, we passed on Drew Brees and Chad Johnson (a Miami native that was begging Miami to draft him), and draft a CB. Fletcher was a great CB in college, but A)We already had 2 All-Pro CBs at the time and B)He didn't fit our scheme.

Moore stings cause everybody in our war room wanted Anquan Boldin but Wanny took Moore cause he'd help with ST. Not something you want to hear as expectations for a 2nd round pick. Doesn't help that Moore himself said he wasn't expecting to hear his name till round 5.

the decider13
03-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Waffles...I know that Middlebrooks and Lelie were just aweful, but come on man...

"Marcus Nash-Yeah...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Nash
Go educate yourself on how much of a bust he was. He recorded no stats for any NFL team."

That has to be worse lol

Shane P. Hallam
03-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Waffles...I know that Middlebrooks and Lelie were just aweful, but come on man...

"Marcus Nash-Yeah...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Nash
Go educate yourself on how much of a bust he was. He recorded no stats for any NFL team."

That has to be worse lol

But...But...he won two Super Bowls!

Malaka
03-07-2009, 10:55 AM
It says he caught 4 passes for 76 yards so he did record a stat on an NFL team, but damn he got lucky with those SB rings... oh and he is an amazing AFL player at least he has that going for him lol... except for the whole career threatening injury thing.

the decider13
03-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Dang, I skipped that line about the 76 yards. My bad lol Still, peyton Hillis had more receiving yards in one game than Nash had his whole career haha

Man, the Broncos sucked at drafting for a while. It's depressing to go back and look at it all.

TimD
03-07-2009, 11:55 AM
someone probably posted the Jets draft blunders video... pretty much that. haha

lionsfan81
03-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Easily Mike Williams for me. I loved him at USC. I thought he was gonna be sweet. I never pictured the Lions drafting him, so when they did I was in shock. I was sold on the lions drafting Derrick Johnson. I rationalized that even though we didn't need a WR, he was gonna be sweet and was a steal. Man oh man was I wrong. Even pot head Charles Rogers was better than Mike Williams.

sporkdevil
03-08-2009, 12:43 AM
Jamaal Anderson. A top 10 DE the Falcons picked who can't get to the QB. I hate this situation because we still have to deal with him. He seems too damn lazy to do anything much.

PACKmanN
03-08-2009, 01:51 AM
Jordyzzz, he suppose to have 20,000 yards!!!

lol, i say Harrell only because the guy can't stay healthy. I want him to beast it.

Burger
03-08-2009, 01:53 AM
Jordyzzz, he suppose to have 20,000 yards!!!

lol, i say Harrell only because the guy can't stay healthy. I want him to beast it.

Tony Mandarich, no contest. The guy was alot weaker than intended.

banetzdererste
03-08-2009, 05:10 AM
Balitmore:

Kyle Boller and Travis Taylor!

Dan Cody wasn't a 1st round pick!

ChiefMojo
03-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Ryan Sims!!!! Todd Blackledge and Trazell Jenkins have to be up there as well.

princefielder28
03-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Tony Mandarich, no contest. The guy was alot weaker than intended.

http://blogs.suburbanchicagonews.com/sportsbeacon/Mandarich%202.jpg