PDA

View Full Version : Dominique Foxworth

EdReedUnstoppable
02-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Signing him is about the only thing thats gonna make me feel better this offseason. He would be a great guy to replace CMac and he is a local guy, gotta love that.

America
02-26-2009, 07:46 PM
I'd be a big fan of the move, but I'd be surprised if ATL let him walk. I was big on Foxworth during that draft. He had his ups and downs in Denver but I thought he was pretty good in ATL.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Signing him is about the only thing thats gonna make me feel better this offseason. He would be a great guy to replace CMac and he is a local guy, gotta love that.

I still hate you !!!!! I agree though I would really like to get him. I would not mind getting Bartell either.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-26-2009, 08:01 PM
I'd be a big fan of the move, but I'd be surprised if ATL let him walk. I was big on Foxworth during that draft. He had his ups and downs in Denver but I thought he was pretty good in ATL.

The reason I posted this is because I read on ESPN that the Falcons are not re-signing him.

coordinator0
02-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Foxworth or Bartell would be awesome. Bartell will probably command big $ though.

dcarey20
02-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Foxworth would be a great pickup for us. Sign Foxworth, draft a guy in the 1st or 2nd.

Go into the season with a potential lineup of:

1.) Rolle
2.) Washington
3.) Foxworth
4.) Rookie
5.) Walker
6.) Martin

Rolle is pretty much guaranteed to miss a few games, and Fabs isn't exactly the most durable guy either. Foxworth would be the perfect spot starter when either one of them goes down, and he allows us to bring a rookie along slow and let him learn.

Perfect pickup if it somehow happened.

ChefMike
02-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Got to question why the Falcons are going to resign a CB? They don't have ANY depth at that spot?

He looks like he would be good but why don't they want him?

ChewyRaven318
02-27-2009, 12:23 AM

Absolutely agree with you. He would be a fantastic pickup for our D.

coordinator0
02-27-2009, 07:34 AM
Got to question why the Falcons are going to resign a CB? They don't have ANY depth at that spot?

He looks like he would be good but why don't they want him?

Chris Houston, Chevis Jackson, B. Grimes... I think they have pretty good depth there, just not experience. I don't think he wanted to re-sign there, remember he didn't go there voluntarily because he was traded from Denver mid-season.

Adam Schefter is reporting that he is visiting the Ravens and we could have a deal by the end of the day. Yay.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-27-2009, 07:39 AM
Chris Houston, Chevis Jackson, B. Grimes... I think they have pretty good depth there, just not experience. I don't think he wanted to re-sign there, remember he didn't go there voluntarily because he was traded from Denver mid-season.

Adam Schefter is reporting that he is visiting the Ravens and we could have a deal by the end of the day. Yay.

Thats the best thing you've ever typed on here! Keep things like this comin!

georgiafan
02-27-2009, 07:43 AM
He had a good year for Atlanta and I know everyone wants him back. If the falcons resign him they also have give to give up a 6th round pick to Denver as part of the trade. So that could have something to do with Atlanta not signing him yet.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-27-2009, 08:07 AM
The ravens are expected to sign him today so that is good news

lordquas
02-27-2009, 08:20 AM
so give us Foxworth and Victor Harris
then our secondary would be fine and we could use the 1st 2 draft picks on other needs. Receiver, Guard/Center, Linebacker?

I like pickin up Foxworth I think he'd be a great nickel guy

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-27-2009, 08:23 AM
since we might not get scott and brown we should have some money to spend.

coordinator0
02-27-2009, 08:29 AM
since we might not get scott and brown we should have some money to spend.

That's what I was thinking. I wouldn't mind cutting Rolle and bringing in Bodden, even after if/when we sign Foxworth.

dcarey20
02-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Doesn't make up for the heartbreak of losing Ray/Bart/Jason but this is an outstanding pickup for us if it does indeed happen.

coordinator0
02-27-2009, 11:45 AM
We signed him.

4 years - 28 mil. w/ 16 mil. in guarantees. Good signing IMO.

lordquas
02-27-2009, 12:24 PM
good pick up for us!
he's a solid corner with great speed and I think he can really accel in our defense.
Domonique Foxworth, welcome to the Ravens.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Well he won't have tv luxury of playing with Ray Lewis so he might not have a big impact like most FA's we sign.

dcarey20
02-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Very good pickup. 4 years 28 mil is about where the market is right now, and its basically the money we would have given to Bart had he stayed, so I'm cool with it. The cornerback position needed to be revamped and Ozzie has done that with guys like Fabian and now Fox.

Expect to see Samari Rolle cut soon.

coordinator0
02-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Well he won't have tv luxury of playing with Ray Lewis so he might not have a big impact like most FA's we sign.

You're right, he doesn't get to play with Ray. He gets to play with Ed Reed, so his impact will be greater than most FA's we sign. Foxworth has never really had a great cover safety behind him. Lynch was the best he's played with, and he couldn't cover for ****. I think he'll be great here.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Yeah I like the signing but I just can't believe we lost Jason AND Bart and maybe even ray lewis. Im just in a bit of shock.we better get Suggs locked up longterm.

ccB
02-27-2009, 01:28 PM
TEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPP!

Not really a fan of the price but I realize that's market value right now, I am glad we got him instead of Greer. Mark CB off the list of early needs for the draft.

Rayray52
02-27-2009, 01:35 PM
I like the pickup i was always a fan of Foxworth, but the price tag is huge...the guy was traded for a 7th rounder a year ago.

ccB
02-27-2009, 01:36 PM
I like the pickup i was always a fan of Foxworth, but the price tag is huge...the guy was traded for a 7th rounder a year ago.

Yeah but after he was traded his play on the field picked up considerably. Part of the reason he was traded for such a low pick is because he was basically an 8 game rental.

America
02-27-2009, 02:32 PM
We signed him.

4 years - 28 mil. w/ 16 mil. in guarantees. Good signing IMO.

Good signing but where the **** did we get this money?

ccB
02-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Good signing but where the **** did we get this money?

We have money to spend since we are not going after Brown.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Anyone think its a bit too high?(how much we paid him) and Im not saying Im upset about this signing, but why is everyone so hyped about this? I mean, its not like hes Nnamdi Aso. I didn't watch him at all but was he really that good, to even consider CB not a day 1 need anymore? wow, I must have missed something, somewhere.

ccB
02-27-2009, 02:42 PM
It's market value, a bit high but it fills the need, CB could still be a day 1 need but I don't think it is a 1st or 2nd round need anymore. After he was traded to ATL he put in a very solid season, he will be our NB next year with the potential to move up to #2 on the depth charts. Plus the guys only 25 years old.

America
02-27-2009, 02:47 PM
I like him as a NB, but I don't know if I'm comfortable with him as a starter on the outside. But I guess with the money they threw at him, they expect him to be a starter. I think 6.75 million a year or whatever he's averaging is too much though. I'd still go corner in the 1st three rounds.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Yeah, with that huge contract we gave him, will we be able to re-sign Jared Gaither next year?(if he is one) Also, is Ngata a FA next year?

coordinator0
02-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Yeah, with that huge contract we gave him, will we be able to re-sign Jared Gaither next year?(if he is one) Also, is Ngata a FA next year?

He get's 16 mil. guaranteed, but his base salary only counts 3 mil. a year towards the cap. It shouldn't be much of a factor in signing other guys.

I do think we need to go CB early, and that we need a big corner. D.J. Moore and Alphonso Smith are now off my wish list for the draft.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 02:55 PM
True, height and aggresivness now become a huge lack in our secondary. Fabian and Foxworth are both small speedy type guys and I could really see them getting manhandled but bigger more aggresive WR's. (i.e. Fitz, Boldin, Andre Johnson etc)

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-27-2009, 03:00 PM
We need to go WR/TE for our 1st pick now. If we get Scott back or even Lewis and get DHB or just any of the tip WR's in the draft I will be happy. Maybe we can push for Housh since we have some money to spend

America
02-27-2009, 03:05 PM
True, height and aggresivness now become a huge lack in our secondary. Fabian and Foxworth are both small speedy type guys and I could really see them getting manhandled but bigger more aggresive WR's. (i.e. Fitz, Boldin, Andre Johnson etc)

Sean Smith of Utah (who reminds me of Gary Baxter) is a big agressive corner and Jarius Byrd is another guy who kind of fits that mold. They both are in that 2nd round range, but might be worth a 1st.

On another note, does anyone think Jarrett Johnson can move inside to replace Scott?

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Sean Smith of Utah (who reminds me of Gary Baxter) is a big agressive corner and Jarius Byrd is another guy who kind of fits that mold. They both are in that 2nd round range, but might be worth a 1st.

On another note, does anyone think Jarrett Johnson can move inside to replace Scott?

many people here say its going to be Tarvares Gooden but I've had a hard time understanding that. Here is how I see it

OLB- Terrell Suggs(who we better not forget about, re-sign him longterm!)
ILB- Bart Scott(if he returns, if not, then possibly Jarret Johnson, but I would be very uneasy about it)
ILB- Nick Griesen
OLB- Antwan Barnes/ Tarvares Gooden/ Jarret Johnson

ccB
02-27-2009, 03:17 PM
I think Gooden or McClain would get a shot at starting before Griesen would. Gooden would be an ILB in the 3-4 btw, no way I see him cutting it at OLB.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Griesen is actually a MLB, and has been a starter at the position before unlike McClain. McClain is way overrated on this board. The guy is not starter quality.

ccB
02-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Griesen is actually a MLB, and has been a starter at the position before unlike McClain. McClain is way overrated on this board. The guy is not starter quality.

I am not saying McClain or Gooden are better, but I think the Ravens might want to go with the younger/higher potential guys over a stop gap player such as Griesen.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-27-2009, 03:24 PM
I am not saying McClain or Gooden are better, but I think the Ravens might want to go with the younger/higher potential guys over a stop gap player such as Griesen.

I don't think its gonna be Griesen or McClain to be honest. I think a guy like Laurinaitis in the draft is a real possibility. Now is the time to go young, and get young everywhere and getting an emotional leader like JL would a be a great start to rebuilding a dominant D.

ccB
02-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Double POSTSSAJDkasljfjsjad

ccB
02-27-2009, 03:28 PM
I don't think its gonna be Griesen or McClain to be honest. I think a guy like Laurinaitis in the draft is a real possibility. Now is the time to go young, and get young everywhere and getting an emotional leader like JL would a be a great start to rebuilding a dominant D.

I think LB has definitely leap frogged CB as a draft need now with the Foxworth signing. Though I'd prefer Maualuga, I wouldn't complain if we took JL if Heyward-Bey is off the board. I still doubt the Ravens will ever draft a LB in the first round.

Bosanac01
02-27-2009, 03:30 PM
other than ABE and BABS he was our best defensive player. **** the ravens, good signing tho.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 04:01 PM
other than ABE and BABS he was our best defensive player. **** the ravens, good signing tho.

You're referring to Foxworht right? Well, I just watched the interview on him and I am getting a bit hype about him next year. Glad to see him as a Raven, looks like he's happy to be here and will contribute from day1.

and thanks CCB for letting me know at Gooden was a ILB in the 3-4. I was always wondering where exactly he played. OLB or ILB. I've been think for some time that it was OLB

Bosanac01
02-27-2009, 04:04 PM
yes i was reffering to foxworth. Our dumbass FO didn't resign him.

ChefMike
02-27-2009, 06:18 PM
I thought Gooden was like Scott? He can play outside in a 4-3 and inside on the 3-4?? He is a great athlete though..

Ravens1991
02-27-2009, 10:29 PM
yea Gooden is like that, I really believe he can come in and play on a level around Scott did last year.

BigDawg819
02-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Am I the only one that thinks its weird to give this kind of money to a guy run out of 2 cities so to speak?

Ravens1991
02-27-2009, 11:05 PM
yes there is a risk in signing him.

on another note isn't he a good PR now? IDK WTF happened to Figures. Leonard is gone, and Zbi can be decent but he doesn't really have HR speed. Ed Reed is to fraile to return IMO.

BigDawg819
02-27-2009, 11:08 PM
yes there is a risk in signing him.

on another note isn't he a good PR now? IDK WTF happened to Figures. Leonard is gone, and Zbi can be decent but he doesn't really have HR speed. Ed Reed is to fraile to return IMO.

Hey why not just blame it on a sophomore slump?

scar988
02-27-2009, 11:12 PM
The reason I posted this is because I read on ESPN that the Falcons are not re-signing him.

not because we didn't try. He had an offer of 5 years, 25M from atlanta on the table.

BigDawg819
02-27-2009, 11:12 PM
not because we didn't try. He had an offer of 5 years, 25M from atlanta on the table.

Chris Houston > Domonique Foxworth

scar988
02-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Chris Houston > Domonique Foxworth

they were our starters together. Houston played RCB, Foxy played LCB. so what you are saying doesn't mean dick to me.

BigDawg819
02-27-2009, 11:15 PM
they were our starters together. Houston played RCB, Foxy played LCB. so what you are saying doesn't mean dick to me.

Ummmm you didn't waste all the money we did? :confused:

scar988
02-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Ummmm you didn't waste all the money we did? :confused:

We were going to pay him 5M a year vs. y'all paying him 7 per year.
we wanted Foxworth back to team up with Houston. like I was saying, Houston being better than Foxy doesn't mean anything. the guy who would be taking over for Foxy is Chevis Jackson.