PDA

View Full Version : The Contract We Offered Ray

ChewyRaven318
02-27-2009, 12:49 AM
$24M over three years..what do you guys think?

I think that's a good figure for what he's worth, and I can see the Cowboys courting him, but I don't think Jerry would pay him anything much better than that.

I'm still optimistic he'll be re-signed.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 05:12 AM
yup 24 seems about right. he's coming here most likely. It's been rumored that the Jets have a similar contract,(25 mil) but if he had to choose, I'm sure he'd choose us over the Jets anyday. I hope 1 mil is not going to change anything.

ChefMike
02-27-2009, 07:09 AM
Not sure 3 years gets it done though... I think 4 years is the sweet spot to offer.. that way you can restructure during the uncapped year. I heard them talking about that on the NFL Network last night.

$24m seems about right. I just hope the rumors are false about us and Bart Scott that have popped up this morning. Supposedly we aren't close again with Bart. Which means Bart and Jason leave ouch.. that does hurt.

dcarey20
02-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Ray is DONE in Baltimore. It's over. And all I can say is good bye, get out.

After we stood by him through thick and thin, he's going to talk like he's been disrespected? This team has always made him one of the league's highest paid linebackers, and has always catered to what he wants. He's disrespected the entire city of Baltimore with the way he's handled these free agent negotiations. For now, good riddance. Ozzie gave him a reasonable offer, we made him a top priority this offseason, and he spat in our face as far as I'm concered.

So long Ray, you won't ever find a team or city that will embrace you like Baltimore has.

Rayray52
02-27-2009, 12:52 PM
I dont think 8 mil a season was enough thats basically what Bart Scott just received from the Jets over 5 years....i think Ray is looking for at least 10 and im sure hell get it, he was a top 5 linebacker this year.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 12:58 PM
I can't believe this crap.

banetzdererste
02-27-2009, 01:01 PM
10 Million?
No way!
This is too much for Ray, no one will pay this!
The Jets sign Bart Scott and host Ivy for a visit.

If Ray doesn't sign, i think he will be long on the market.

The Dolphins also bring back Crowder, so i don't think he will go this way.
24 Million is very good, but i don't think he will play for more than two years.

Greets

Rayray52
02-27-2009, 01:16 PM
After the contract Bart Scott just received and the monster deal we gave Foxworth im 100% in agreeance with Ray that the contract we offered was way below market.

ccB
02-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Ray is being a diva, I bet it hurt his self esteem that ol' Rexy brought Scott to NY instead of him. Really the only loss today to be up in arms about is Jason Brown, Chris Chester better be ready to step up his game from last year.

I like our signing of Foxworth (TERP!) but I don't really like the price, at least CB isn't as pressing of a need in the draft now and we can focus on WR/TE/LB

REY MAUALUGA TO BALTIMORE!!!! (I wish :() but I doubt we ever take a LB 1st round wiht the success we have getting them later on. Too bad DHB turned in a ridiculous combine, the homer in me really wanted him.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 01:45 PM
can anyone see Ray a raven next year? I haven't heard of him visiting any team as of now, and I doubt anyone will pay him twice as much as we did.

ccB
02-27-2009, 01:50 PM
can anyone see Ray a raven next year? I haven't heard of him visiting any team as of now, and I doubt anyone will pay him twice as much as we did.

He probably has burned all bridges here, I guess it's a possibility if he realizes his asking price is ******* ridiculous and no one will pay it for a LB entering his mid 30's.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 02:06 PM
He probably has burned all bridges here, I guess it's a possibility if he realizes his asking price is ******* ridiculous and no one will pay it for a LB entering his mid 30's.

true, I really can't see many maybe any team that wants to pay what he is asking for. He's old and slowing down. He's got 2-3 good years in him and what we offered him IMO was a very legit deal. I can't see why he is so upset with us, I'd love to hear his reasoning.

ccB
02-27-2009, 02:12 PM
His reasoning is he is a player who thinks he is bigger than the team. I love Ray, probably my all time favorite player but he is for lack of better word, a Diva. He probably thought teams would be lining up for his service and shitted on our offer because he thought there would be others on the table. Ray is a player with such an inflated ego that I'd be surprised to see him put his tail between his legs and sign the deal he turned down. I really don't have an idea how this saga turns out but can't wait to find out one way or the other.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 02:26 PM
His reasoning is he is a player who thinks he is bigger than the team. I love Ray, probably my all time favorite player but he is for lack of better word, a Diva. He probably thought teams would be lining up for his service and shitted on our offer because he thought there would be others on the table. Ray is a player with such an inflated ego that I'd be surprised to see him put his tail between his legs and sign the deal he turned down. I really don't have an idea how this saga turns out but can't wait to find out one way or the other.

lmao, I'd love to see that, but if his ego is as big as you say, he might just retire. But seriously, I can't see teams matching or raising the offer we gave him. Ray was dumb to turn it down and make a big scene out of it.

stephenson86
02-27-2009, 02:29 PM
wonder if he would come to the titans :D

America
02-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Do you think he's rubbed some teammates the wrong way with his greed? With Brown pretty much gone, we might be able to give him the money he wants.

By the way, anyone else see that Bart Scott is giving the Ravens a chance to match the Jet's offer?

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Do you think he's rubbed some teammates the wrong way with his greed? With Brown pretty much gone, we might be able to give him the money he wants.

By the way, anyone else see that Bart Scott is giving the Ravens a chance to match the Jet's offer?

yeah, apparently we raised the offer by 2 million. (5 years 42 mil) a bit overpaying if you ask me but we need to keep some of the talent from last year.

Geo
02-27-2009, 03:14 PM
such an inflated ego
... is why I've disliked the guy for years.

So it pleases me to see him get a kick in the ass on the free agent market because of it.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-27-2009, 03:23 PM
If we give Bart Scott $42 million for 5 years then we deserve everything that comes with him. Overrated subpar play, and a loud mouth clown who is not a leader and is more of a me first player. Ridiculous to even offer him that much, he is not worth it at all!

banetzdererste
02-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Nfl.com

Reports that Woodson (Superbowl Member) talked with Ray, and Ray said he never told ware, that he would love to be an Cowboy!

But he won't make any desicion on his future until Monday.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/

and don't let talk about Bart Scott, he is gone!
Let's focus on players we should Resign

Greets

ChewyRaven318
02-27-2009, 03:46 PM
and don't let talk about Bart Scott, he is gone!

Dunno if you've been paying attention champ, but he's far from gone..he's using the Jets visit as leverage against the Ravens..I think he might stay in B-more after all..I mean if I had to choose one to leave, it'd be Scott, but obviously with Ray's situation, it'll be interesting to see if he gets a new deal to stay in B-more

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 03:57 PM
okay. So after Ray finally realizes that he's not worth as much as he thinks he is, he just all of a sudden is open to returning lol. I'm all for it, he's cheaper than Bart and a much better leader as well as difference maker. I've gotten to the point where IDC who we re-sign, as long as we get 1 of em(Ray or Bart)

ChefMike
02-27-2009, 06:19 PM
We will get both of them back its not over for Bart and Ray both coming back... that IMO would end up being the coup of the free agent period of the off season..

EdReedUnstoppable
02-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Bart is a goner.....thank God. Still hopes for Ray to come back though.

coordinator0
02-27-2009, 06:26 PM

Agreed. I think Ray will end up coming back, he said all of those reports about him talking to D-Ware were false. I believe it. Did anybody see Ware when he was talking about it? The dude was smiling and laughing the whole time. Very convincing... :roll:

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 06:27 PM

QFT, ChefMike, I don't know if you heard, but New York topped our offer and grossly overpaid Bart. 48 million 6 years. The guy is 29 and I can see him being effective for 2-3 maybe 4 years at most.

Ravens1991
02-27-2009, 10:22 PM
I agree I have always supported Ray no matter what but OMG this is ridiculous. He thinks he isn't just better then the team, he thinks he is more important to football then the football itself. I love his style and all but these past couple of days made me change my opinion on him a bit. This guy ego is out of control, he is delusional and out of touch with reality!

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-28-2009, 07:51 AM
GREAT write-up (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.preston28feb28,0,6334281.column) on Ray Lewis and his current situtation. I guess his ego got the better of him, and now its completly detroyed.

ChefMike
03-02-2009, 08:07 AM
I still respect Ray Lewis. I just wish this would have been avoided early on by us Franchising Jason Brown (Cheaper franchise tag then Ray or Terrell or Bart) then sign Suggs to a long term deal and Ray to a deal I would have been willing to give him a little more guaranteed his influence is huge in getting the younger guys to understand loyalty and hardwork. All this would have made it a little easier to sign Bart because he would have everyone back and there would have been ZERO question marks.

The silver lining in all of this is cap space.. now we have it to sign Gaither, Ngata and Suggs long term.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-02-2009, 08:24 AM
I still respect Ray Lewis. I just wish this would have been avoided early on by us Franchising Jason Brown (Cheaper franchise tag then Ray or Terrell or Bart) then sign Suggs to a long term deal and Ray to a deal I would have been willing to give him a little more guaranteed his influence is huge in getting the younger guys to understand loyalty and hardwork. All this would have made it a little easier to sign Bart because he would have everyone back and there would have been ZERO question marks.

The silver lining in all of this is cap space.. now we have it to sign Gaither, Ngata and Suggs long term.

yet we still haven't....

banetzdererste
03-02-2009, 10:20 AM
GREAT write-up (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.preston28feb28,0,6334281.column) on Ray Lewis and his current situtation. I guess his ego got the better of him, and now its completly detroyed.

Nice Write, love it!

Ray come back, our arms are open :D
Hope this thing is coming soon to an end.

trkaline
03-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Rays gonna come back he tarnished his legacy enough this offseason hes gonna need to play to try to make it right.

Ravens1991
03-02-2009, 10:45 AM
After he messes a few punks up everything will probably be fine.

trkaline
03-02-2009, 10:47 AM
After he messes a few punks up everything will probably be fine.

I will be screaming F%#* you Ray for the 1st few missed tackles though..

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-02-2009, 10:51 AM
I will be screaming F%#* you Ray for the 1st few missed tackles though..

It is going to be a long time before we get to see him hit or miss someone. I just hope he comes out with his dance and we are all pumped. If he has me pumped like usual it might be forgotten before he has a chance to hit/miss someone. I still say we need a public apology.