PDA

View Full Version : Bart Scott Signs with the Jets - Just for you ERU

coordinator0
02-27-2009, 08:31 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/02/breaking-scott-signs-with-jets/

Probably means Ray is coming back, which I love. We should still have a lot of $ left after this, but I'd rather focus on re-signing Ngata and Gaither.

Ravens1991
02-27-2009, 09:11 AM
reports are for 8 million a year to. That is a lot for a average LB.

dcarey20
02-27-2009, 09:14 AM
He's not average, but 8 mil a year is steep. I heard we were offering 7 mil a year. This really blows now that Ray is being a ***** and is all but gone.

Get ready for the Greisen/Gooden era!

EdReedUnstoppable
02-27-2009, 09:14 AM
THANK YOU JESUS!!!!

BTW Ray is not coming back, they just had a big thing on NFL Network that Ray is adament he is not coming back to the Ravens. The negotiations broke down and he is furious with the FO. Time to get Jonathan Vilma's phone number and get himin here! Vilma and Gooden THE U!!!!!!

EdReedUnstoppable
02-27-2009, 09:15 AM
He's not average, but 8 mil a year is steep. I heard we were offering 7 mil a year. This really blows now that Ray is being a ***** and is all but gone.

Get ready for the Greisen/Gooden era!

You're right, he's below average.....GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Wow brown AND scott??!! This sucks, we better get ray locked up as well as a some solid FA's

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-27-2009, 09:16 AM
No ray no scott no brown that means we are ****** and now have nothing to look forward to. I now hate ERU even more just because he is easy to blame ******* bastard

EdReedUnstoppable
02-27-2009, 09:20 AM
No ray no scott no brown that means we are ****** and now have nothing to look forward to. I now hate ERU even more just because he is easy to blame ******* bastard

Haha, I gotta say the more and more stuff I see from this kid......I LOVE HIM!!

I believe it was I who said we were gonna lose all these guys, but no Im just a negative guy that doesnt know anything.......... *eyes a rollin*

ChewyRaven318
02-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Haha, I gotta say the more and more stuff I see from this kid......I LOVE HIM!!

I believe it was I who said we were gonna lose all these guys, but no Im just a negative guy that doesnt know anything.......... *eyes a rollin*

I think there's a huge difference between saying we're gonna lose them, and WANTING to lose them..I remember you pretty adamantly wanting Ray and Bart out of town. Dunno if you said the same about Jason, but the point still remains.

I'll give you credit for one thing..the FO is definitely batshit right now..Foxworth was a GREAT pickup, but at the expense of not one or two but THREE key players??? That's totally insane. It's gonna be an interesting rest of the offseason/season unless something big happens. I'd honestly join the "FIRE OZZIE" bandwagon if the team tanks this season.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-27-2009, 01:06 PM
I think there's a huge difference between saying we're gonna lose them, and WANTING to lose them..I remember you pretty adamantly wanting Ray and Bart out of town. Dunno if you said the same about Jason, but the point still remains.

I'll give you credit for one thing..the FO is definitely batshit right now..Foxworth was a GREAT pickup, but at the expense of not one or two but THREE key players??? That's totally insane. It's gonna be an interesting rest of the offseason/season unless something big happens. I'd honestly join the "FIRE OZZIE" bandwagon if the team tanks this season.

I never wanted Ray out of town, I said it might be necessary to keep Brown, but I've never wanted Ray out until I read all the **** he has been talking about us. And everyone should be glad Bart is gone and should have wanted himout of town, he'san overrated assclown.

Rayray52
02-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Ed Reed your a joke man, this team just made the confrence finals and was a few breaks from the superbowl...how can you be so negative towards the front office and players...i remember you adamently declaring we would go 5-11 4-12 this season and that the FO was stupid to believe we could even make the playoffs...i think you need a reality check bro

SteelCityNightmare
02-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Newsday and Rotoworld are reporting that Bart Scott is going to give Baltimore the opportunity to match the Jets offer. Im not sure what your salary cap situation is (not a ravens fan) so it may be possible to keep him. It was posted about 20 minutes ago.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Newsday and Rotoworld are reporting that Bart Scott is going to give Baltimore the opportunity to match the Jets offer. Im not sure what your salary cap situation is (not a ravens fan) so it may be possible to keep him. It was posted about 20 minutes ago.

apparently we upped the deal to 5 years 42 million. I would be happy to see him return. I don't understand all the hate around here for him. I think he's a physical linebacker, solid tackler and effective blitzer. He may not be the best but he fits nicely in our defense and with the loss of Ray Lewis, I would love to see Bart return. The contract might be a bit to high (42 mil) but atleast it's screwing Ray over :D

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Okay, I just read on the Baltimore sun that we topped New Yorks offer, BUT Bart wants it to be garunteed that he will be the main player in the defense, the 1 guy to build around. Obviously he wants to be the leader he has never gotten the chance to be. I say, give it a shot, he's gonna be more productive than Lewis, Obviously not the leader he was. He isnt a difference maker but he will get the job done, and I have confidence in him over someone like Taraves Gooden or Jarrett Jonhson at ILB.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Ed Reed your a joke man, this team just made the confrence finals and was a few breaks from the superbowl...how can you be so negative towards the front office and players...i remember you adamently declaring we would go 5-11 4-12 this season and that the FO was stupid to believe we could even make the playoffs...i think you need a reality check bro

They were stupid to believe it. We got lucky and got on a run it happens in sports. Wow I was wrong about something, you're perfect and never wrong, sorry I can't be like you. Those few breaks that we were away from the superbowl were just karma breaks that we got to get to the AFC Championship, we should have never been there. We got lucky to play Miami in rd 1 instead of the Pats, thats break #1. We got a break that Chris Johnson missed the 2nd half of the Titans game, break #2. Lucky the Dallas D self destructed in the 2nd half or we dont even make the playoffs. Thats sports sometimes you get the breaks and sometimes you dont. The difference can be from 4-12/5-11 which is what we were talent wise to 11-5 which is where we ended up after the ball bounced our way.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
02-27-2009, 03:25 PM
They were stupid to believe it. We got lucky and got on a run it happens in sports. Wow I was wrong about something, you're perfect and never wrong, sorry I can't be like you. Those few breaks that we were away from the superbowl were just karma breaks that we got to get to the AFC Championship, we should have never been there. We got lucky to play Miami in rd 1 instead of the Pats, thats break #1. We got a break that Chris Johnson missed the 2nd half of the Titans game, break #2. Lucky the Dallas D self destructed in the 2nd half or we dont even make the playoffs. Thats sports sometimes you get the breaks and sometimes you dont. The difference can be from 4-12/5-11 which is what we were talent wise to 11-5 which is where we ended up after the ball bounced our way.

You are so stupid. How is it lucky?? 1. We hurt Johnson so that is just our hard hitting defense. 2.Dallas did not self-destruct our running game beat them down and we eventually got good plays(god forbid we do anything by skill and not by luck).

You just want to blame it all on luck?? Come on now we had a good year and you were wrong do not blame it on luck just admit you were wrong and we deserved to be there.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 04:04 PM
I gatta agree with RWO, ERU, why not give your team credit instead of saying the other team broke down or saying its "karma" or "luck" Thats some BS dude. I never thought a Raven fan would say something like that.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 04:58 PM
anyways, atleast Bart's not returning which in turn means Ray might wanna come back. And thats good news. I bet his ego took 1 big hit after he didn't get any offers. I've heard rumors of him considering retirement but I think he'll accept that deal we offered him and play another 2 maybe 3 years. Not to mention, he'd be cheaper than Scott and more of a difference maker as well as the emotional leader.

BigDawg819
02-27-2009, 05:41 PM
You are so stupid. How is it lucky?? 1. We hurt Johnson so that is just our hard hitting defense. 2.Dallas did not self-destruct our running game beat them down and we eventually got good plays(god forbid we do anything by skill and not by luck).

You just want to blame it all on luck?? Come on now we had a good year and you were wrong do not blame it on luck just admit you were wrong and we deserved to be there.

Ken Hamelin being out of position and a bad tackler is beating them down? :confused:

ChefMike
02-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Ok everyone here is expecting that Bart and Ray are both gone... they have NOT signed anything with anyone...

Bart has been staying in contact with Ozzie in hopes that they can reach an agreement better then the Jets. (as quoted by Peter King from SI.)

Ray was talked to by Rod Woodson and has since retracted his statement about not wanting to come back to the Ravens and would rather retire then sign with them. He know that he is not going to command more then $20mil in guarantees and the Jets are more interested in Bart then Ray. Rod Woodson calmed Ray and he is in Florida till Monday so don't expect anything to happen till then and on Monday expect him to sign somewhere near $24mil to $26mil over 3 years and $18-$20mil guaranteed.

As well don't be surprised to see Bart coming back he obviously doesn't want to leave..

As for Jason Brown... good don't let the door hit you in the ass.. Centers are able to be replaced and Ben Grubbs and Marshall Yanda are as good as most in the NFL and are still young! So expect us to be sitting well going into the draft now that we have Foxworth signed and more then likely will have Ray and Bart back in the fold by Monday or Tuesday.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-27-2009, 06:23 PM

I said I was wrong. 2 years ago all of you on here were jerking the ravens off sayin they'd be 12-4 and I said they were a 6 win team at best and they went 5-11. Where were you all saying you were wrong or tellin me I was right?

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Ok everyone here is expecting that Bart and Ray are both gone... they have NOT signed anything with anyone...

Bart has been staying in contact with Ozzie in hopes that they can reach an agreement better then the Jets. (as quoted by Peter King from SI.)

Ray was talked to by Rod Woodson and has since retracted his statement about not wanting to come back to the Ravens and would rather retire then sign with them. He know that he is not going to command more then $20mil in guarantees and the Jets are more interested in Bart then Ray. Rod Woodson calmed Ray and he is in Florida till Monday so don't expect anything to happen till then and on Monday expect him to sign somewhere near $24mil to $26mil over 3 years and $18-$20mil guaranteed.

As well don't be surprised to see Bart coming back he obviously doesn't want to leave..

As for Jason Brown... good don't let the door hit you in the ass.. Centers are able to be replaced and Ben Grubbs and Marshall Yanda are as good as most in the NFL and are still young! So expect us to be sitting well going into the draft now that we have Foxworth signed and more then likely will have Ray and Bart back in the fold by Monday or Tuesday.

dude Bart is gone, its been official. He gave us a chance to top New Yorks offer and we did, but they New york topped ours. They are paying him 48 million over 6 years, so basically, all we did was force New York to overpay an overrated linebacker. Atleast we screwed them over :p And from what I've read, you are right about Ray Lewis. With no teams showing interest in him, retirement as become an option, but if he still wants to play, obviously its going to be in Baltimore, and Baltimore only. If Dallas wanted him, they'd have him by now.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Ken Hamelin being out of position and a bad tackler is beating them down? :confused:

Thank you for helping to prove my point. As usual BD is in the know!

Ravens1991
02-27-2009, 10:13 PM
I have heard reports on the radio that Ray wants a 7 year deal! This guy yes is a great leader and I feel will still be a above average LB next season but this guys ego is ridiculous no one on the face of the earth would give that to him. Scott left for I belive 48 million or around that, let him walk he isn't worth that much IMO, I would like him around but not at that price.

Crickett
02-27-2009, 10:15 PM
dude Bart is gone, its been official. He gave us a chance to top New Yorks offer and we did, but they New york topped ours. They are paying him 48 million over 6 years, so basically, all we did was force New York to overpay an overrated linebacker. Atleast we screwed them over :p

Nope. All the Ravens did was force the Jets to tack on a sixth year. So instead of 5 years 40 million, the deal was 6 years 48 million. But if it comforts you, the Ravens certainly got one over on the Jets.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-28-2009, 07:54 AM
Nope. All the Ravens did was force the Jets to tack on a sixth year. So instead of 5 years 40 million, the deal was 6 years 48 million. But if it comforts you, the Ravens certainly got one over on the Jets.

which in turn gives him more money, which he doesn't deserve, because he is a bit overrated, but nonetheless, he'll thrive under Rex Ryan.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-28-2009, 07:55 AM
I have heard reports on the radio that Ray wants a 7 year deal! This guy yes is a great leader and I feel will still be a above average LB next season but this guys ego is ridiculous no one on the face of the earth would give that to him. Scott left for I belive 48 million or around that, let him walk he isn't worth that much IMO, I would like him around but not at that price.

WHOA! 7 years. I can only see him playing 2-3 4 at most. nothing more than that. If he wants to play football next year and continue to make money, he'd be smart to take up on that offer we gave him.

Crickett
02-28-2009, 10:46 AM
which in turn gives him more money, which he doesn't deserve, because he is a bit overrated, but nonetheless, he'll thrive under Rex Ryan.

You're assuming he'll ever see it. Remember how many people the Jets cut this offseason.

Laveranues Coles
Brandon Moore (who was resigned for about the same money)
Brad Kassell
David Bowens
Chris Baker
David Barrett

ccB
03-01-2009, 02:28 PM
I said I was wrong. 2 years ago all of you on here were jerking the ravens off sayin they'd be 12-4 and I said they were a 6 win team at best and they went 5-11. Where were you all saying you were wrong or tellin me I was right?

And 2 years ago you were saying Kyle Boller would be the savior of the Franchise...

Ravens1991
03-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Those were the times here. It got intense but I loved those arguments.

ccB
03-01-2009, 02:44 PM
and for the record, ERU your prediction for the 07-08 season

So by my views our record would be 8-8. Every move we have made this offseason has been a downgrade, and our great veteran players just get another year older.

So don't give yourself more credit than you deserve, it wasn't until we were already 4-3 that you predicted we'd be 6-10, and at that point most agreed with you:

So Im predicting we finish 6-10, and then sadly coach Billick will be fired and we'll be a down franchise for prolly 2 to 4 years while we get a new coach and build towards his goals."
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14271

And you were even wrong with that prediction, it only took 1 year to regain our mojo. But to your credit you were right about Billick (Thankfully!) So when you are right, act like you've been right before instead of gloating, and when you are wrong it is ok, we are only human, none of us have a magic crystal ball that predicts the future.

ChewyRaven318
03-01-2009, 07:49 PM
He's right..for I too have sinned.

I thought Joe Cool was gonna be the next Kyle Boller..and then he was well on his way to being the next Ryan Leaf...and then he kicked ass! So I was wrong about that.

I also thought McNair was a better option than Boller in '07..I was wrong about that too(but not by much, since Boller still sucked).

And I honestly thought this team was gonna be a not even on the cusp of the playoffs team with a crappy O-line, and Flacco getting dismantled almost every snap..I was wrong about that too.

I'm kinda scared to make any more predictions, but after the draft, I'm sure we'll all be full of em.

Ravens1991
03-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Hey I dont think anyone was really wrong about the QB situation in 07, because whoever we put in they would have sucked. So lets forget about those predictions :)

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-02-2009, 06:48 AM

So don't give yourself more credit than you deserve, it wasn't until we were already 4-3 that you predicted we'd be 6-10, and at that point most agreed with you:

And you were even wrong with that prediction, it only took 1 year to regain our mojo. But to your credit you were right about Billick (Thankfully!) So when you are right, act like you've been right before instead of gloating, and when you are wrong it is ok, we are only human, none of us have a magic crystal ball that predicts the future.

straight up ownage, hahaha

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2009, 09:34 PM

I admit when I'm wrong, but I think it's funny how you all nitpick over every mistake I make as if you are all perfect. BTW how long did it take you to find all that ****, do you really have that much free time? May I suggest a woman......perhaps some friends to spend your time with, maybe a hobby?

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
03-02-2009, 09:45 PM

Wait, so you're telling me that this crystal ball I bought at Wal-Mart is a FAKE???

ccB
03-02-2009, 10:59 PM
I admit when I'm wrong, but I think it's funny how you all nitpick over every mistake I make as if you are all perfect. BTW how long did it take you to find all that ****, do you really have that much free time? May I suggest a woman......perhaps some friends to spend your time with, maybe a hobby?

You are right, I should of let you continue to gloat about a prediction you didn't even make, my bad. I am also sorry I understand how the search function on these forums work and I have the 5 minutes of free time to type in a few keywords. You may suggest a woman, but do not suggest it to me, suggest it to my lady, if shes up for another girl in the relationship I am as well :) friends? have enough of those, hobbies? I enjoy hiking, pick up basketball, xbox and taking my bulldog for walks around the park, if you have some other ideas I am open to some new things.

And just to get it straight, I have no problems with anyone being wrong while predicting something. No one is right with 100% of the predictions they make, if they were they shouldn't be on this site thats for sure, they should be out making a killing gambling on games. I just think it's gayshit when you are hyping up a prediction you never even made in the first place. No reason to get all hostile, buddaaay. (I'M NOT YOUR BUDDAY, FWIEND! Southpark for the win!)

ccB
03-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Wait, so you're telling me that this crystal ball I bought at Wal-Mart is a FAKE???

Hmm, not sure, I'll trade you a magic 8 ball for it?

trkaline
03-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmnnn...You got knocked the Fugg Out!!!

http://www.playahata.com/images/celebpics/tuckerandcubefriday.jpg

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-03-2009, 06:08 AM
^hahaha. Friday = funniest movie ever.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-03-2009, 07:57 AM
And also last time I checked 8-8 alot closer to 6-10 then 12-4, so yeah I was right.

And I still predicted 6-10 so I thought that was my preseason prediction, so sorry I made another mistake, continue in your perfect quest known as life.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmnnn...You got knocked the Fugg Out!!!

http://www.playahata.com/images/celebpics/tuckerandcubefriday.jpg

Enough said right there. Jerimiah owned him. ahahha

ccB
03-03-2009, 03:14 PM
And also last time I checked 8-8 alot closer to 6-10 then 12-4, so yeah I was right.

And I still predicted 6-10 so I thought that was my preseason prediction, so sorry I made another mistake, continue in your perfect quest known as life.

haha no you weren't, you must of missed 2nd grade math. I can break it down for you if you'd like:

8>6 (remember fishy eats the bigger number)
from this we can deduce that:
8 ≠ 6 wins (that sign means does not equal)
Come back next week and I will teach how everyone how to multiply by 2!

And if you don't understand simple math, maybe Geography is your thing: Oklahoma is a lot closer to Texas than Maryland, but that does not mean Oklahoma = Texas.

And to disprove the myth that I need to be perfect, here is my prediction from that year, in all of its non-perfect glory:
I am going to say 10-6 or 11-5. I agree with ERU's analysis except I think we will probably split the Bengals series and I think we will beat SF and possibly SEA.
WOMP WOMP! I was wrong :( But guess what? so were you! less wrong than me? yes, but wrong still. Also notice how nowhere in there did I ever predict 12-4, so you can stop making **** up.

Again it's no biggy, that you were wrong, like I said they are only predictions. It only becomes an annoyance when you falsify your prediction in order to try and belittle others.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Alot of people were saying 12-4 which is what I have said along that "everyone" was saying. Everyone is not you, I didn't ever single you out did I? No. But please continue to take everything I say and think I'm talking directly to you.....I like that.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Enough said right there. Jerimiah owned him. ahahha

Yeah he really got me, sorry again guys that all my predictions aren't right.

ChewyRaven318
03-03-2009, 05:40 PM
haha no you weren't, you must of missed 2nd grade math. I can break it down for you if you'd like:

8>6 (remember fishy eats the bigger number)
from this we can deduce that:
8 ≠ 6 wins (that sign means does not equal)
Come back next week and I will teach how everyone how to multiply by 2!

And if you don't understand simple math, maybe Geography is your thing: Oklahoma is a lot closer to Texas than Maryland, but that does not mean Oklahoma = Texas.

And to disprove the myth that I need to be perfect, here is my prediction from that year, in all of its non-perfect glory:

WOMP WOMP! I was wrong :( But guess what? so were you! less wrong than me? yes, but wrong still. Also notice how nowhere in there did I ever predict 12-4, so you can stop making **** up.

Again it's no biggy, that you were wrong, like I said they are only predictions. It only becomes an annoyance when you falsify your prediction in order to try and belittle others.

If he failed 2nd grade Math, you must HAVE failed 1st grade English..yikes.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-03-2009, 06:53 PM
If he failed 2nd grade Math, you must HAVE failed 1st grade English..yikes.

And he completely misses the point of the "argument" but hey some people love to hate.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
03-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Alot of people were saying 12-4 which is what I have said along that "everyone" was saying. Everyone is not you, I didn't ever single you out did I? No. But please continue to take everything I say and think I'm talking directly to you.....I like that.

Everyone implies him as well...

Just saying.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Everyone implies him as well...

Just saying.

It doesn't single him out, and also 11-5 and 12-4 implies he thought they'd be a playoff team. I said they weren't and guess what they weren't.......who's right?

Rayray52
03-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Denial is much easier than acceptance as is blaming others for your own errors.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Denial is much easier than acceptance as is blaming others for your own errors.

But it all boils down to me being right about the end result, say what you will but I said they weren't a playoff team, and they weren't. Thank you, next topic of you guys tryin to attack me again.

trkaline
03-04-2009, 05:46 PM
But it all boils down to me being right about the end result, say what you will but I said they weren't a playoff team, and they weren't. Thank you, next topic of you guys tryin to attack me again.

You smell funny...I don't know just throwing it out there.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-04-2009, 05:46 PM
You are to funny ERU. I laugh at you so much

EdReedUnstoppable
03-04-2009, 05:50 PM
You are to funny ERU. I laugh at you so much

Good, Im just a squirrell tryin to get a nut and people always hate on me.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-04-2009, 05:50 PM
You smell funny...I don't know just throwing it out there.

I switched soaps, I'll switch back.......ut most apologies.

BigDawg819
03-04-2009, 06:28 PM
This is why we needed to get rid of Bart, his thread was tearing us apart! :D

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Yea us Ravens fans need to stick together lol :)

Ravens1991
03-04-2009, 09:15 PM
remember guys, we are arguing about a prediction of a season 2 1/2 years ago.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-04-2009, 09:50 PM
remember guys, we are arguing about a prediction of a season 2 1/2 years ago.

Im not agruing, because I'm right! :)

trkaline
03-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Ugh it will never end...

EdReedUnstoppable
03-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Ugh it will never end...

I believe its over and has ended.

BigDawg819
03-05-2009, 08:31 AM
Ugh it will never end...

The Day 2 Wrecking crew will end all!