PDA

View Full Version : How wide is the gap between Peria Jerry and Ziggy Hood?

Me Likey Rookies
02-28-2009, 12:39 AM
Most people have Jerry going in the 20's but Hood not till the mid 2nd. Hood has better size and might be more explosive off the ball (neither are really known for run stopping). Add the fact that Jerry will be 25 his rookie year, how wide is the gap between them?

holt_bruce81
02-28-2009, 12:54 AM
I think Hood could get selected in the 1st round now.

Me Likey Rookies
02-28-2009, 12:56 AM
Yea I guess the Colts make some sense. Could he go before then?

Paranoidmoonduck
02-28-2009, 12:58 AM
In my opinion, a pretty decent gap.

Nothing against Hood, but he has never really been more than a moderately productive college defensive tackle who has good tools. Jerry was a fantastic defensive tackle at times for Ole' Miss. In terms of pure disruption, he might have been the best defensive tackle in the nation.

Big_Pete
02-28-2009, 07:16 AM
In my opinion, a pretty decent gap.

Nothing against Hood, but he has never really been more than a moderately productive college defensive tackle who has good tools. Jerry was a fantastic defensive tackle at times for Ole' Miss. In terms of pure disruption, he might have been the best defensive tackle in the nation.

I have to agree

I think Jerry is a mid fist kind guy in that 11-20 range

Hood is a late first in that 21-32 range

nepg
02-28-2009, 07:29 AM
Jerry's a beast, Hood is a workout warrior (who might still be good, don't get me wrong)...
________
LIVEMATURECELY live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/LIVEMATURECELY)

BigBanger
02-28-2009, 08:33 AM
I think both are about the same. Late second to solid third round draft picks.

Hood has more potential in my eyes because he's slightly longer and taller with a better frame. Jerry has limited upside in my eyes. He's already pretty technically sound and he doesn't have a frame of a dominate DT. Both system guys, but I see Hood having a higher ceiling.

BaLLiN
02-28-2009, 08:53 AM
when i read the title i thought it said "how wide is the gap between Michael Strahan's teeth" lol
but when i watched Hood, i really wasnt impressed, he never really made anywhere close to as much impact as Jerry did, at least on a consistent basis.

Splat
02-28-2009, 09:36 AM
I like Hood but feel he would be a reach in the first.

BeerBaron
02-28-2009, 09:42 AM
I like Hood but feel he would be a reach in the first.

Agreed. The only thing I think that could close the gap a little is that I think Jerry is strictly a 4-3 UT while Hood could do that or play some 3-4 DE. He's got good size for it (~ 6'5 300)

Geo
02-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Keep in mind that Hood is three years younger than Jerry. Give him three more years of development and see how he does against players in the SEC or Big XII.

SenorGato
02-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Jerry doesn't have the upside that Hood has.

Personally, if Hood interviews well...which I don't doubt he will because he seems like a guy who cares about getting better...he'll go higher.

Neither guy really blows me away as a prospect...Jerry is a damn good player but I don't see the upside for teams to want to take him in the first.

Then again...I'm a 3-4 guy because I like size and speed.

jnew76
02-28-2009, 03:17 PM
I know I am in the minority, but I think that Ron Brace could surprise and be the pick of the Tennessee Titans as a replacement for Haynesworth depending on how things fall. I think Brace has as much upside as any interior D-Lineman in this draft and he is easily in my top 32 prospects.