PDA

View Full Version : Cassel Traded

proshoota25
02-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Do you think we got enough value for him? I am kind of pissed we only got a 2nd...... but it was necessary because it allows us to sign some decent free agents..... Discuss.

nepg
02-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Don't be pissed. The Pats will make another deal with the Chiefs to make up for it at some point.
________
Volcano Vaporizer (http://volcanovaporizer.net/)

AntoinCD
02-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Its a little lower than what they probably would have got on draft day but i'm now hoping they make a splash in free agency. I would love Leigh Bodden and Sean Jones now

proshoota25
02-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Leigh Bodden would be great, how about Ray Lewis? lol

Nalej
02-28-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm pissed as well. ONLY A 2ND ROUNDER?
I thought for sure we'd get at least a mid-first
if it was a 2nd- i figured we'd get a comp 2nd in next years draft.
I really wish we woulda traded Cassel to NC for Peppers. That's what I was hopin for

I understand the salary dump with Vrabel- kinda. I think we should of kept him though.

We better make a big splash in FA then.
Who's out there for us? C. McAllister?

I do like the fact that we have 3 2nd rounders though.
I'd like to see us move up in the 1st though.

Nalej
02-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Sean Jones would be niiiccceeee

proshoota25
02-28-2009, 02:12 PM
i do not know much about sean jones? whats the scouting report?

nepg
02-28-2009, 02:13 PM
He's injured all the time. That's the scouting report.
________
property for sale Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

AntoinCD
02-28-2009, 02:14 PM
I'm pissed as well. ONLY A 2ND ROUNDER?
I thought for sure we'd get at least a mid-first
if it was a 2nd- i figured we'd get a comp 2nd in next years draft.
I really wish we woulda traded Cassel to NC for Peppers. That's what I was hopin for

I understand the salary dump with Vrabel- kinda. I think we should of kept him though.

We better make a big splash in FA then.
Who's out there for us? C. McAllister?

I do like the fact that we have 3 2nd rounders though.
I'd like to see us move up in the 1st though.

I think if Everette Brown or maybe Maualuga were to fall to the mid-late teens they may move up. I think this could definitely mean that either Percy Harvin or DHB will be a Patriot next year and we can still cover defense well

HellonEarth84
02-28-2009, 02:43 PM
I was hoping for a conditional pick in 2010, or even a 5th-6th rounder.

But hey, Cassel wouldve been a back up and Vrabel mightve been cut anyways.

We get #34 overall for nothing.

ElectricEye
02-28-2009, 10:04 PM
I actually like the deal. Cassel needed to be moved. Doesn't matter what he's worth if no one is paying it. Gives us a ton of space in the draft.

FlyingElvis
03-02-2009, 09:19 AM
I am a little disappointed w/the deal, but it's completely understandable. I think they could have held out and received more for Cassel but it would have handcuffed the FO.

With the signing of Sage, the Vikes are out and the other leading contenders (Bears/Lions/Bucs) have decent positions of leverage to hold out until draft day. So dumping Cassel early in FA allows NE to go and sign players now while there are still solid players available.

Lots of cap space just opened up, Mr. Peppers. (I know I'm dreaming)

I think Pioli just made the first of many brilliant moves for the Chiefs franchise. Frankly, I'm glad I've always had major respect for the KC fans, it will make it nice and easy to cheer on KC now.

bored of education
03-02-2009, 09:45 AM
You should just cheer on KC because I am a Chiefs fan. :D

Book it: Peppers to NE!

Bigburt63
03-02-2009, 11:54 AM
I would love peppers to NE, and if clearing cap space was their primary concern as it is being reported, then it could be peppers (i can only hope!)

FlyingElvis
03-02-2009, 02:39 PM
What's the cost on him, though? Also franchised, so now what - hope that Carolina values him along the lines of Cassel and accepts that same #34? Doubt it. I'd love to see it, but not at too high a cost.

FlyingElvis
03-02-2009, 02:39 PM
You should just cheer on KC because I am a Chiefs fan. :D

Book it: Peppers to NE!
WTF - is that a giant Oreo stack in your avi?? lol

Don Vito
03-02-2009, 03:35 PM
I would love Peppers here in NE. Peppers, Adalius, and Mayo would be 3 super starters and we would just need to hope one of the young guys steps up. Adalius has the flexibility to play inside or outside (probably better inside), so I would hope Crable or Pierre Woods could start as the other outside guy with Peppers. It is all speculation, but it would allow us to focus a lot more on our secondary with whatever picks we didn't give up for Peppers in day 1.

proshoota25
03-02-2009, 04:04 PM
if we were to get peppers i think it would cost us #23

Bigburt63
03-02-2009, 04:04 PM
What's the cost on him, though? Also franchised, so now what - hope that Carolina values him along the lines of Cassel and accepts that same #34? Doubt it. I'd love to see it, but not at too high a cost.

Maybe our first for him somehow? It would eliminate one of the positions we would be drafting, possibly even at pick 23.

nepg
03-02-2009, 04:39 PM
WTF - is that a giant Oreo stack in your avi?? lol

Ya, he got that from http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com

Hilarious stuff on there...

And I love the trade because I'm a Pats fan living in KC. I'm glad the Chiefs crapped out, so I could justify rooting for them. I love watching a team get built, especially when it's done the right way. I enjoy sharing my experience with the early Belichick Era with Chiefs fans and relate it to what's going on right now.

I hope the Pats just use the cap space to front load extensions for Seymour and Wilfork after they pick up a vet corner (Springs, McAlister, Surtain) and re-sign a couple guys (Evans, Hochstein, Sanders, Harrison, Woods - might be forgetting a couple)
________
Chase_Taylor Cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/chase_taylor)

Nalej
03-02-2009, 06:48 PM
I'd give up our 23rd for Peppers in a heartbeat. *crosses fingers*