PDA

View Full Version : Cutler on the block?

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
02-28-2009, 07:45 PM
**** my life if this happens. There's a thread in the NFL forum.

Mr. Goosemahn
02-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Here's an article if you guys want to read about it.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1666/Source--Spurned-Cutler-wants-to-be-traded.html

I really, really, don't want Cutler to leave the Broncos. I really enjoy watching the way he plays in Denver and the chemistry he's got with Brandon Marshall. It'd be a shame to see him leave.

bergo23
03-01-2009, 08:57 AM
McDaniels knows his childish ways will not win them a championship. He needs to grow up, we'll see if this gets his attention.

Maybe Detroit or Bucs will deal for him and he'll have that big slice of humble pie he needs to become truly great.

Diehard
03-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Maybe Detroit or Bucs will deal for him and he'll have that big slice of humble pie he needs to become truly great.

Seeing him become an elite player on another team is just about the worst-case scenario.

Anyway, I'm not really worried about it. The fact that we'd need a veteran starter to replace him makes a trade with either Detroit or Tampa unlikely (as they have zero to offer in that respect). Draft picks are great, but we'd have to be able to use them to address areas other than QB to have the deal make any sense.

CT Bronco Fan
03-01-2009, 02:56 PM
This didn't take long

http://www.keepjayfiremcdaniels.com/

jth1331
03-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I'm not too happy with McDaniels and Xanders right now....

Brent
03-01-2009, 05:26 PM
With Cassel now in KC, I am sure they aren't going to bother with entertaining trade offers.

Geo
03-01-2009, 05:32 PM
This story has been blown way out of proportion imo, it's just stupid.

They considered moving Cutler and bring in Matt Cassel, because of McDaniels' experience with Cassel, but obviously the Broncos didn't pull the trigger on it. They opted to keep Cutler, they want Cutler.

Ugh.

Babylon
03-01-2009, 07:02 PM
This story has been blown way out of proportion imo, it's just stupid.

They considered moving Cutler and bring in Matt Cassel, because of McDaniels' experience with Cassel, but obviously the Broncos didn't pull the trigger on it. They opted to keep Cutler, they want Cutler.

Ugh.

Depending on who you believe. It could have been the other way around.

Abaddon
03-04-2009, 06:16 PM
http://www.keepjayfiremcdaniels.com/

Gold, I tell you. Gold!

BroncosFan15
03-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Why Fire Josh i think he is doing well he made one mistake i dont think you can hold it against him. Cutler needs to grow up to

Diehard
03-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Why Fire Josh i think he is doing well he made one mistake i dont think you can hold it against him. Cutler needs to grow up to

Absolutely.

Also, he has to have a chance to make it "his" team. If we wanted to stick someone with the existing offense, we should've kept Bates and hired a defensive-minded HC. McDaniels is going to implement his scheme, which means getting the appropriate players in place.

Cicero
03-10-2009, 10:11 PM
McDaniels didn't learn from his mistake the first time apparently...
http://www.denverpost.com/sportsheadlines/ci_11882256?source=rss

Diehard
03-10-2009, 10:36 PM
McDaniels didn't learn from his mistake the first time apparently...
http://www.denverpost.com/sportsheadlines/ci_11882256?source=rss

I expect this is a rather slanted version of events, but really, what is McDaniels going to say? He's stating the obvious - a) if a good enough offer comes along anyone can be traded and b) get your ass in to work.

At this point, it seems to me that Cutler and his agent are trying to force a trade to happen while playing the "victim".

rascal
03-10-2009, 11:59 PM
from the reports I've seen the biggest problem Jay has is that Mcfuckup has yet to aknowledge that he was the one who initiated the trade talks and not him.

Mcfuckface started the discussions and somehow doesn't have the cajones to admit it when asked. This guy is an idiot.

Diehard
03-11-2009, 10:38 AM
from the reports I've seen the biggest problem Jay has is that Mcfuckup has yet to aknowledge that he was the one who initiated the trade talks and not him.

How will we ever know who initiated the trade talk? Dangling Cassel to McDaniels is an obvious move for anyone interested in Cutler. We are in the midst of a major transition in staff, players and system - if there ever was a time to make an offer on Cutler, it's now.

IMO, this issue predates all of the trade-talk crap. Cutler is upset about the coaching change and doesn't like the new style of team management. I suspect his own agent is the "source" of much of this information.

Diehard
03-12-2009, 01:16 AM
Some thoughts about Cutler's agent and his role in this mess:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/3/11/794217/jay-cutler-bus-cook-and-th

It would be infuriating if this whole thing was instigated by Cook just to line his pockets.

LOLitsTomBrady
03-12-2009, 03:43 PM
hows this for a trade

Detroit gives you guys the 1st overall and the 20th pick for Cutler and your 1st round pick.

Diehard
03-12-2009, 03:59 PM
hows this for a trade

Detroit gives you guys the 1st overall and the 20th pick for Cutler and your 1st round pick.

It sucks donkey balls. We aren't going to draft anyone better than Cutler with the first pick, and our 12th > 20th.

CT Bronco Fan
03-12-2009, 05:54 PM
I am locking this thread. Cutler is not being traded. Lets get out of Madden Land please. Why the one on the main boards hasn't been locked yet is beyond me.

CT Bronco Fan
03-31-2009, 08:00 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=8920

Statement from President and CEO Pat Bowlen on Jay Cutler

DenverBroncos.com

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos President and CEO Pat Bowlen today released the following statement:

"Numerous attempts to contact Jay Cutler in the last 10 days, both by Head Coach Josh McDaniels and myself, have been unsuccessful.

A conversation with his agent earlier today clearly communicated and confirmed to us that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos.

We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded.”

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-31-2009, 08:29 PM
can't beleive this. Hope you guy get some legit offers and good luck in the future Bronco fans. This has gotta suck.

jCut
03-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Damn. I'm a little surprised.

brat316
03-31-2009, 08:50 PM
I seriously hope he goes to a NFC team, at least then he can dominate, and qbs who deserve to go to the pro bowl will be able to go, i.e. Rivers. And Cutler will be able to rape the NFC.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-31-2009, 09:05 PM
true, he needs to learn a lesson. He was is a nice situtation in Denver and bitched about a small thing, and made it into a huge issue. He's a big baby and I'd love for him to regret what he did.

brat316
03-31-2009, 09:25 PM
true, he needs to learn a lesson. He was is a nice situtation in Denver and bitched about a small thing, and made it into a huge issue. He's a big baby and I'd love for him to regret what he did.

I don't think its a small thing, knowing if your coach/boss has trust in you.

j05son
04-01-2009, 04:42 AM
I said this in the thread in the NFL sub-forum; I think both Cutler and McDaniels are to blame for this but I think Josh has more blood on his hands than Jay does. It's a confrontation between a first year, 32 year old head coach and a 3 year, 25 year old, Pro-Bowler and potential franchise QB. The head coach has to man up and take the blame and smooth things over. He can't say things like "You're our QB" and "We'll entertain any offer and if it's good enough, well..."

Obviously I think Cutler has been immature in the way this has been handled, but McDaniels can't let it get to where this has gotten. He can't do the whole, if your bringing your agent, I'll bring my GM into meetings that were ultimately suppose to smooth things over. He has to be the man, take the blame even if what he's doing [trying to improve the club] is right, and nip this thing in the butt. He didn't and this is were we're at.

I can't believe though that the front office officially stated they were actively trying to trade him. At least if there's doubt there can be more added to a deal, but now?

Diehard
04-01-2009, 06:10 AM
I said this in the thread in the NFL sub-forum; I think both Cutler and McDaniels are to blame for this but I think Josh has more blood on his hands than Jay does.

Cutler and his agent are making this happen. They want a huge payday, but are coming at it from a particularly sleazy angle.

That Josh was the evil usurper that supplanted Jay's beloved mentor Shanahan just made the decision easier.

I can't believe though that the front office officially stated they were actively trying to trade him. At least if there's doubt there can be more added to a deal, but now?

I suspect they already have an offer they can live with. This just gives the rest of the teams a chance to jump in before a deal gets done.

Perhaps more importantly, the team needs to be clear about the situation. I think the uninformed opinion among the fans was that the situation was improving, which was clearly not the case. Better to know the truth and move on than continue the charade.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
04-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Why can't we just go to camp, fine his ass till he shows up, and try to make it up there? If that fails, we can trade him.

bored of education
04-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Why can't we just go to camp, fine his ass till he shows up, and try to make it up there? If that fails, we can trade him.

Swap of 1sts and swap of QBs between KC and Denver :D

brat316
04-01-2009, 12:58 PM
He should still show up for voluntary camp and make 100,000 by working out, that would show them. Taking their money and then getting a trade.

Notredameleo
04-01-2009, 01:48 PM
So what do you guys realistically think you will get for him?