PDA

View Full Version : Spencer Adkins

Larry121283
02-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Ran a 4.4 and put up 30 reps of 225 at the Pro Day yesterday. A former HS DE, moved to a traditional linebacker spot at Miami, he struggled, moved inside as a blitzing middle backer / DPR and had some moderate success as a role player.

He is as raw as raw gets. He moved around a lot and never settled in. Pretty poor in coverage. With that said, I'd still be interested in NFL coaches getting a hold of Atkins and seeing if they can coach him up and put him into a position to succeed. He has a good amount of potential. Smart kid too, well spoken guy.

This post is probably irrelevant, but I thought it was worth noting a potential undrafted sleeper from a major program.

Hurricanes25
03-01-2009, 01:12 AM
He opened up some eyes today but I dont think he has the skills to be a starter in the NFL. I think he could be a good back up though.

djp
03-01-2009, 01:25 AM
He is a supremely talented individual but there is a reason he was a special teamer.

Maybe, MAYBE some defensive guru could mold him into a player someday, but he has UDFA written all over him.

He has the raw tools to succeed though, there's no questioning that.

superman
03-01-2009, 11:06 AM
wouldn't mind the dolphins taking him late

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
03-01-2009, 03:20 PM
First and foremost, LBs need innate instincts and the ability to diagnose plays when the ball snaps.

If the kid has no head for playing 'backer, I don't see where he fits on a team unless he can rush the passer.