PDA

View Full Version : Texans sign Dan Orsafety

Breaker
03-01-2009, 04:43 PM
One day after signing left defensive end Antonio Smith, the Texans signed former Detroit quarterback Dan Orlovsky to replace Sage Rosenfels.

Orlovsky followed Patrick Ramsey in for a visit with the Texans, and he cancelled a visit to Denver to sign a three-year, $9.1 million contract that included a $2.4 million signing bonus.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6288399.html

In the FA thread I posted that the Texans signed Patrick Ramsey, which was premature. The news was that 'all signs was pointed towards Ramsey signing with them'.

Well, I'm positive this time that Dan signed with the Texans. From what I seen last year when we played against the Lions, a game where Orlovsky threw a big TD pass to CJ in his own 5 yard line IIRC, I'm fairly certain that we upgraded our back-up QB position.

Orsafety>>Rosencopter

Orsafety+4th rounder>>>>>>>>Rosencopter

GB12
03-01-2009, 04:47 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6288399.html

In the FA thread I posted that the Texans signed Patrick Ramsey, which was premature. The news was that 'all signs was pointed towards Ramsey signing with them'.

Well, I'm positive this time that Dan signed with the Texans. From what I seen last year when we played against the Lions, a game where Orlovsky threw a big TD pass to CJ in his own 5 yard line IIRC, I'm fairly certain that we upgraded our back-up QB position.

Orsafety>>Rosencopter

Orsafety+4th rounder>>>>>>>>Rosencopter

This has been known for hours. There really isn't anything to discuss anyway.

Breaker
03-01-2009, 04:49 PM
This has been known for hours. There really isn't anything to discuss anyway.

Oh really? It just broke out on the Texans main board. Well it's Sunday after all, so I can understand why it might be slow over there.

gpngc
03-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Orsafety!!!!!

Rjspartan
03-01-2009, 04:59 PM
orsafety hahaha!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aifulCRgQEw

Go_Eagles77
03-01-2009, 05:15 PM
The texans like backup QBs that are known more for their bonehead plays than their actual play.

NJX9isafaggggg
03-01-2009, 07:26 PM
The texans like backup QBs that are known more for their bonehead plays than their actual play.

They passed up on someone like Jeff Garcia or John Kitna for a guy who can't tell where the out of bounds area is? Houston is not going to get a winning season, let alone a playoff appearance any time soon.

CC.SD
03-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Dan Orsafety? Safety, and it's not close.

Mr. Hero
03-01-2009, 07:59 PM
They passed up on someone like Jeff Garcia or John Kitna for a guy who can't tell where the out of bounds area is? Houston is not going to get a winning season, let alone a playoff appearance any time soon.

I completely agree that Orsafety will cost the texans a playoff birth despite schaub's strong play, Andre becoming one of top three WR in the NFL, a solid and improving oline, solid group of complimentary weapons, Owen Daniels FTW, and a defense that's slowly becoming less of a sieve.

NJX9isahomoo
03-01-2009, 08:11 PM
I completely agree that Orsafety will cost the texans a playoff birth despite schaub's strong play, Andre becoming one of top three WR in the NFL, a solid and improving oline, solid group of complimentary weapons, Owen Daniels FTW, and a defense that's slowly becoming less of a sieve.

We know Orsafesky will have to play at least a couple of games since Schaub is a china doll.

PackerLegend
03-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Dont we have a free agency thread for a reason? Not just this one but some other new threads are getting a bit ridiculous. Honestly who cares? He sucks

Starvsnr
03-02-2009, 12:42 AM
I have always referred to him as Orvlousy.

Halsey
03-02-2009, 01:52 AM
So the Texans signed Dan Orsafety to replace Sage Rosenfumbleawayagame. :D

vikes_28
03-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Oh God. Is that what all the Texans fans think of Rosenfels?