PDA

View Full Version : Ravens in talks with Marvel Smith

ChewyRaven318
03-01-2009, 07:45 PM
I'm too lazy to find the link, but check Rotoworld. It looks like he'll be competing w/ Big Willie for the RT job. Honestly, I think Marvel could be a much better RT than the LT he was in Pittsburgh, so this is a very intriguing pickup in my eyes.

I dunno, what do you guys think?

BigDawg819
03-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Ehhh would depend on the contract really. I much rather see Cousins, Hale and Terry get a chance as opposed to spending big money on a position not in need.

America
03-01-2009, 10:06 PM
It depends on the contract. Big Willie is playing for a very reasonable contract. Oniel Cousins was supposed to be a very athletic LT coming out. He got in all those fights this summer. That should have answered questions about his intensity. I'd love for him to get a go at RT if he can surpass Big Willie.

David Hale was a big time WTF pick.

ChewyRaven318
03-01-2009, 10:29 PM
I doubt Ozzie will overpay for a guy who has proven so far to be an incredibly mediocre OT in the pros...at least I hope I hope not.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-02-2009, 06:46 AM
Jesus, can Ozzie just freakin sign Suggs to a longterm contract? I don't give a rats ass about Foxworth or Smith. Both are average at the best and Suggs is a star, not to mention very young and his best days ahead of him. GET IT DONE OZZIE!

ChefMike
03-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Ugh I really would rather us keep Willie and let him and Terry and Cousins either fight it outright or platoon it at RT. Spend the money on a WR/TE.

Or just save the money !?? So we can resign Hgata and Gaither and Reed and Suggs to extensions.

As well if Flacco has a great season you don't think we are going to need to pony up serious cash for him??

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Oh just thought I'd throw this bit of into in. Marvel Smith has had a history of injuries and he's 30 years old. I see absolutly NO POINT, in signing him. He was part of an o-line that gave up 40+ sacks last year and IMO we should have no business wasting our time on him. SUGGS AND GAITHER PLEASE!

EdReedUnstoppable
03-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Why are we trying to get this walking injury?