PDA

View Full Version : Redskins release DE Jason Taylor

Sveen
03-02-2009, 03:10 PM
No link yet, just up on Rotoworld.com. Will post link when it becomes available. Thoughts?

ThePudge
03-02-2009, 03:12 PM
I don't really think this will upset many people. Jason Taylor was largely a bust fro the Skins and with all the spending they have been doing, sometimes you just have to cut your losses. I think a 4-3 team in need of some pass-rushing help or veteran presence could take a shot on Taylor who may still have a bit left.

Geo
03-02-2009, 03:13 PM
I think it's a good move for them, although I said as much a week or so ago. That $8M needs to help make up for their free agent spending and more importantly pay for their impending draft class.

Plus I think they're just better off with a draft pick DE and an UDFA pass rusher, younger guys who are more hungry.

BaLLiN
03-02-2009, 03:13 PM
it was just stated by Michael Johnson ESPN analyst

SeanTaylorRIP
03-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Thank God. I posted what I thought of him in the FA thread but I'll repeat it, he was an overpaid Diva who couldn't get to the QB on a free release. He is probably happy now, he can go on to his acting career. Now if only Ladell Betts can be snipped.

JRTPlaya21
03-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Woooohooooo!

Rjspartan
03-02-2009, 03:17 PM
and they gave up a second round pick for him, what a bad deal

jayceheathman
03-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Thank God. I posted what I thought of him in the FA thread but I'll repeat it, he was an overpaid Diva who couldn't get to the QB on a free release. He is probably happy now, he can go on to his acting career. Now if only Ladell Betts can be snipped.

QFT. He thinks he is a big shot now that he got to be in Dancing with the Stars and actually had papparazzi following him. He mentioned after that show that he wanted a career like the Rock where he would focus all on acting and that the movie world has not heard the last of Jason Taylor.

dolphinfan2k5
03-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the 2nd rounder :)

I do wish it would have worked out better for him in Washington though, and if he wants to come back to Miami as a situational guy I'd be for it, but I don't think it's too likely with the way things were left last year. I just hope he eventually retires in Miami.

iowatreat54
03-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Dear McCaskey Family,

Please sign Jason Taylor for a large amount of money so that I can shift my hate of you from being cheap and stubborn to overspending ridiculously for an older player.

Thank you.

Shane P. Hallam
03-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Hmmm, I wonder where he ends up. I'm thinking somewhere like Buffalo.

21ST
03-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Thank you god now maybe we can resign evans and let him start

HawkeyeFan
03-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Jason Taylor to New England, BOOK IT!

jayceheathman
03-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Dear McCaskey Family,

Please sign Jason Taylor for a large amount of money so that I can shift my hate of you from being cheap and stubborn to overspending ridiculously for an older player.

Thank you.

Ahman Greene is available as well. :)

21ST
03-02-2009, 03:27 PM
We gotta sign someone soon probly a LB. only 3 more holes if you dont count QB, we need a

Starting DE
Starting RT
Starting SAM

and we should be good

iowatreat54
03-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Ahman Greene is available as well. :)

Yes, but we don't need a RB. We just need to overpay for a DE, FS, or WR in order for this theory to work. I would much rather be pissed for one terrible, overpriced signing than to sit around doing nothing.

This letter can be copied for Julius Peppers, Terrell Suggs, and TJ Houshyourmama.

21ST
03-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Actually now that i think about this, this does not make sense at all unless we are about to make some kind of HUGE signing because we had enough room to do everything we needed to do.

jj45
03-02-2009, 03:31 PM
I can see new england they sign a lot of vets on their last legs

SeanTaylorRIP
03-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Actually now that i think about this, this does not make sense at all unless we are about to make some kind of HUGE signing because we had enough room to do everything we needed to do.

We only had enough money set apart for the 13th pick, why keep a guy who brings nothing. With the money freed up we can at least go after Ray Willis to solve our RT problem and maybe even Angelo Crowell then we really would be set and could go BPA with the 13th pick. Also opens up Vinny from doing something crazy like trying to acquire Peppers or something.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-02-2009, 03:35 PM
I can see new england they sign a lot of vets on their last legs

yeah, I guess Billicheck loves veteran players with alot of expirence.

21ST
03-02-2009, 03:37 PM
We only had enough money set apart for the 13th pick, why keep a guy who brings nothing. With the money freed up we can at least go after Ray Willis to solve our RT problem and maybe even Angelo Crowell then we really would be set and could go BPA with the 13th pick. Also opens up Vinny from doing something crazy like trying to acquire Peppers or something.

So who are our DE's gonna be Andre Carter and ....Rob Jackson?

SeanTaylorRIP
03-02-2009, 03:38 PM

Chris Wilson!!! No but really the Redskins will be adding a DE somehow most likely through a trade or the draft. BTW hopefully the same luck the Dolphins had after Taylor left will spread to us.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-02-2009, 03:41 PM

I just got off the phone with my friend and he said Demetric Evans might start opposite of Carter. Plus, with the addition of Haynesworth, he takes alot of attention off the other linemen. There whole pass rush should benefit.

GB12
03-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Chris Wilson!!! No but really the Redskins will be adding a DE somehow most likely through a trade or the draft. BTW hopefully the same luck the Dolphins had after Taylor left will spread to us.
So you're hoping you go out in the first round of the playoffs

JRTPlaya21
03-02-2009, 03:43 PM
I've seen the Skins getting pretty much anyone from Orakpo & Gilbert to Andre Smith or Cushing. I hope whatever happens turns out good.

21ST
03-02-2009, 03:44 PM
I just got off the phone with my friend and he said Demetric Evans might start opposite of Carter. Plus, with the addition of Haynesworth, he takes alot of attention off the other linemen. There whole pass rush should benefit.

Well Demetric Evans is not a washington redskin at the moment so i guess we will see and i really dont want him to start but i would love to have him back

SeanTaylorRIP
03-02-2009, 03:44 PM
So you're hoping you go out in the first round of the playoffs

Hell I'll take an 11 win season and playoff trip any day.

Is your friend Dan Snyder???

21ST
03-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Wow they cut him cause he wouldnt work out with the team.....

Matthew Jones
03-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Jason Taylor to New England, BOOK IT!

This would please me...

DiG
03-02-2009, 04:03 PM
surprised that this took so long to happen to be honest. no way we were paying him 8.5 million. its been said that he was playing as low as 230lbs last year. thats awful.

colt brennan at de will suffice.

Sveen
03-02-2009, 04:10 PM
The Tampa Tribune (http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/bucs-might-pursue-released-de-jason-taylor/) expects the Bucs to "heavily pursue" free agent DE Jason Taylor.

Kase1
03-02-2009, 04:11 PM
I hear Dallas and Oakland LOVE anyone thats over 30 and has a huge contract, LOL

nepg
03-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Ya, I had him going to Tampa before he got released... Makes too much sense for everyone involved. He knows the system, it's close to home, Tampa's a good team, and they need him.
________
MARRIED WOMAN LIVE (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/housewives/)

BlindSite
03-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Not to mention the big lack of state income tax.

Good move for all involved. Taylor gets a bit more money redskins cut some dead weight.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Wow they cut him cause he wouldnt work out with the team.....

You act like it's not a big deal. It's just further proof of his me only attitude. He was never willing to play through injuries even if they were small one's, and he never played hard against the run. You can find more productivity from a guy fighting for an NFL roster spot.

21ST
03-02-2009, 04:51 PM
You act like it's not a big deal. It's just further proof of his me only attitude. He was never willing to play through injuries even if they were small one's, and he never played hard against the run. You can find more productivity from a guy fighting for an NFL roster spot.

its not a big deal they are VOLUNTARY workouts, they just wanted him gone cause that is bs its aint like he would have been the only one not there cause i gurrante we wont have 100 percent turnout at VOLUNTARY workouts

SeanTaylorRIP
03-02-2009, 04:58 PM
its not a big deal they are VOLUNTARY workouts, they just wanted him gone cause that is bs its aint like he would have been the only one not there cause i gurrante we wont have 100 percent turnout at VOLUNTARY workouts

If Clinton Portis can commit to offseason workouts, no reason he can't. Last thing you want is Fat Albert, Deangelo, and the rest of the guys avoiding the workouts because JT is. Clinton set the example last season by attending the workouts, JT would have set the newest standard. We were going to cut him anyways for financial reasons, but at least you send a message to the team with the way he was released.

BradysKnee
03-02-2009, 04:58 PM
This would please me...

I see it, Brady will likely help out with this one.

21ST
03-02-2009, 05:09 PM
If Clinton Portis can commit to offseason workouts, no reason he can't. Last thing you want is Fat Albert, Deangelo, and the rest of the guys avoiding the workouts because JT is. Clinton set the example last season by attending the workouts, JT would have set the newest standard. We were going to cut him anyways for financial reasons, but at least you send a message to the team with the way he was released.

how is going to 75% of the workouts setting a new standard, they picked a random number, why not have him go to all of them this is bs and you know it. what does portis have to do with anything

SeanTaylorRIP
03-02-2009, 05:16 PM
how is going to 75% of the workouts setting a new standard, they picked a random number, why not have him go to all of them this is bs and you know it. what does portis have to do with anything

I'm saying the fact that our biggest star showed up led to I believe all our guys attending offseason voluntary workouts, but if JT didn't show up then again guys opt to work out wherever the hell they want when they are really just laying back eating potato chips.

Shahin
03-02-2009, 05:41 PM

And c'mon man, Jason Taylor is a total ***** anyway.

703SKINS202
03-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Another great trade.

PACKmanN
03-02-2009, 07:38 PM
If this acting stuff is true then I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with a team like the 49ers.

Grizzlegom
03-02-2009, 08:01 PM
The Tampa Tribune (http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/bucs-might-pursue-released-de-jason-taylor/) expects the Bucs to "heavily pursue" free agent DE Jason Taylor.

this makes a lot of sense due to the Jim Bates ties.

TimD
03-02-2009, 08:02 PM
hmmm denver signs him like every other FA... haha

AlexDown
03-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Didn't he say he was going to retire soon?

The Legend
03-02-2009, 08:16 PM
I hope the ravens sign him. He could come in a few downs a game.

BlindSite
03-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Didn't he say he was going to retire soon?

He did, but if there's people out there offering him a few million per year, for a few years just to come in and rush the passer he might be down with playing a bit longer.

21ST
03-03-2009, 08:05 AM

Dont forget portis was given a cash bonus to come to offseason workouts last year and that is the only reason he came