PDA

View Full Version : Joey G restructured/extended

etk
03-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Galloway agreed to a restructured contract for 3 years at 7.5 million total. I thought this deserved mentioned because it frees up more cap room and it shows just how great of a person and player he is at a position where there are very few humble and respectful guys. Almost half the money is guaranteed.

Most importantly, this might just be the signal that we are preparing to make a big signing or multiple signings. We had ample room and this moved wouldn't be made if it wasn't necessary.

Chucky
03-05-2007, 09:01 PM
briggs maybe?

etk
03-05-2007, 09:10 PM
briggs maybe?

I'd love to say yes, but we don't have an open OLB spot for him right now. I mean he would start over Nece but he would be out of position and it's not worth it because Nece is solid enough IMO. I'm thinking Patrick Kerney, or maybe we want to sign/trade for a good O-Lineman, because they are becoming very expensive (Dockery/Steinback/Davis). Ken Hamlin is still available too.

Canadian_kid16
03-05-2007, 09:15 PM
would we have enough money ot sign Briggs? He really wants alot, and I would much rather pick up a couple of quality players at other positons than one stud at one posiotn. but great move by Galloway!

Chucky
03-05-2007, 09:19 PM
how about someone like lavar, even though i doubt his salary will be huge, kerney would be awesome, plus he knows the division

Tampa 2 4 life
03-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Has Kerney visited?

etk
03-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Has Kerney visited?

I wish. Players like him don't have to visit to get signed. He has very little to prove to earn a contract. He is perfect for our system, so perfect.

Chucky
03-05-2007, 09:41 PM
HAWKS CATCH KERNEY

Adam Schefter of the NFL Network and Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com report that the Seattle Seahawks have signed defensive end Patrick Kerney to a six-year, $39.5 million contract.

The deal includes a whopping $19.5 million in guaranteed money. The average value is $6.58 million per year.

Kerney was courted by the Broncos before visiting the Seahawks. He voided the remainder of his deal with the Falcons after the deadline for using the franchise tag had passed.

Glazer writes that former Falcons coach Jim Mora, who is now on the Seahawks' staff, was among the contingent that flew from Seattle to Atlanta to get the deal done.\

Damnit

etk
03-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Are you kidding me? They have Bryce Fisher, Grant Wistrom, and they just drafted Darryl Tapp. That is so not cool

Caddy
03-05-2007, 11:20 PM
Joey Galloway is the ultimate team player. Great to have him as part of the team.