PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Smith talks cool down, Landry on the trade block?

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-03-2009, 06:34 AM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens03mar03,0,86472.story

Well, it looks like we aren't that interested in Smith. I hope this holds true and don't sign this guy. We don't have any need for him and I never saw the reason in us even being interested.

As for the Landry sitituation heres a quote-

There has been talk in league circles that safety Dawan Landry could get some calls from teams as a restricted free agent.

The Ravens gave him a low tender, which means they will pay him $1 million in 2009. If another team signs him to an offer sheet, the Ravens can match or receive a fifth-round pick (the round Landry was drafted) as compensation.
Source: Baltimore Sun

I think we should keep him IF nobody offers him anything, however is someone throws money his away, I doubt we'll match it. I think we are fine with Zbikowski next to Reed.

Thoughts on the Landry situtation?

EdReedUnstoppable
03-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Nakamura would prolly get the starting job opposite Reed before Zibby would.

Smooth Criminal
03-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Landry looked good playing in Baltimore. I'd think teams would love to get him for a 5th

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Yea I hope we keep him because I will not be happy with any of the other 2 guys starting. I think we need either landry or Leonhard.

coordinator0
03-03-2009, 12:51 PM
We'd match any offer IMO. He's much more valuable than a 5th rounder to us.

Ravens1991
03-03-2009, 01:29 PM
yea he is way more valuable for a 5th. If you need a S and you can get him for a 5th I would be all over that deal. But I could see us trying to get a trade, I do feel that Zbi or even Nakamura can be a very good player.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-03-2009, 02:37 PM
With Leonhard officially gone we'd be crazy to let go of him especially for just a 5th. He was an above average starter. Zbi I think will always just be a good special teams player while Nakamura showed flashes but he isn't the strongest or the fastest. Landry seems to be the perfect compliment to Ed Reed.

ChewyRaven318
03-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Landry will most likely not be going anywhere. Think about it, he's coming off a serious spinal injury, even though he says he's fine, there's a lot of question marks that will need to be answered. I'm sure teams won't give him too much of a glance because of it, unfortunately. I really hope he comes back strong next season and gets a nice offseason deal, but i'm sure they'll let him go into FA before that happens, seeing as they were so willing to part with Jason Brown.