PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Dallas Cowboys

bigmac076
03-03-2009, 09:55 AM
here we go with a very early draft of the '09 Cowboys roster. I realize Im missing alot of names, but Im trying to just take a look at the 45-53 names who will mainly be contributing.

Offense
QB: Tony Romo, Jon Kitna
RB: Marion Barber, Felix Jones, Tashard Choice
FB: Deon Anderson
WR: Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd, Miles Austin, Isaiah Stanback
TE: Jason Witten, Martellus Bennett
OT: Flozell Adams, Marc Colombo, Doug Free, Pat McQuistan
OG: Kyle Kosier, Leonard Davis, Cory Procter, Montrae Holland
C: Andre Gurode

Defense
DE: Jason Hatcher, Marcus Spears, Stephen Bowen
DT: Jay Ratliff
OLB: DeMarcus Ware, Greg Ellis, Anthony Spencer
ILB: Bradie James, Keith Brooking, Bobby Carpenter, Justin Rogers
CB: Terrence Newman, Mike Jenkins, Orlando Scandrick, Courtney Brown, Alan Ball
FS: Ken Hamlin, Patrick Watkins
SS:

Special Teams
P: Mat McBriar
K: Nick Folk
LS: L.P. Ladouceur

shane_man
03-07-2009, 02:51 AM
here we go with a very early draft of the '09 Cowboys roster. I realize Im missing alot of names, but Im trying to just take a look at the 45-53 names who will mainly be contributing.

Offense

Defense
DE: Marcus Spears, Jason Hatcher
DE: Igor Olshansky, Stephen Bowen
SS:

Special Teams

Just added... So anyway. Where oh where do we definately need improvement. Obviously SS. Is there any pure cover S's that will fall into the second in the upcoming draft? Is everyone confident with those Recievers this year? We also definately need another body who can sub in for Ratliff consistantly. Man is beastly for us but he could be better if we had the option to move him around the line.(which we don't without the quality depth)

D-Unit
03-07-2009, 03:11 AM
Here's my post draft projection:

Offense
QB: Tony Romo, Jon Kitna (TR), Curtis Painter (7)
WR: Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd, Miles Austin, Isaiah Stanback, Jarrett Dillard (5)
TE: Jason Witten, Martellus Bennett, John Phillips (6)
OG: Kyle Kosier, Leonard Davis, Cory Procter, Montrae Holland, Cornelius Lewis (4)

Defense
DE: Jason Hatcher, Marcus Spears, Clinton McDonald (7)
DT: Jay Ratliff, Ron Brace (2)
DE: Igor Olshansky (FA), Stephen Bowen
OLB: DeMarcus Ware, Greg Ellis, Anthony Spencer, Justin Rogers
ILB: Bradie James, Keith Brooking (FA), Bobby Carpenter, Darry Beckwith (4)
SS: Michael Hamlin (3)

Special Teams

I think I'm going to hit on these draft picks. :)
2 - Ron Brace
3 - Michael Hamlin
4 - Darry Beckwith
4 - Cornelius Lewis
5 - Jarrett Dillard
6 - John Phillips
7 - Clinton McDonald
7 - Curtis Painter

shane_man
03-07-2009, 05:02 AM
I think I'm going to hit on these draft picks. :)
2 - Ron Brace
3 - Michael Hamlin
4 - Darry Beckwith
4 - Cornelius Lewis
5 - Jarrett Dillard
6 - John Phillips
7 - Clinton McDonald
7 - Curtis Painter

Any relation???

thule
03-07-2009, 05:29 AM
Any relation???

brothers i believe...90% sure

D-Unit
03-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Any relation???
No, there's no relation. 100% sure.

bigmac076
03-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Offense

Defense
DE: Igor Olshansky, Jason Hatcher, Marcus Spears, Stephen Bowen
SS: Gerald Sensabaugh

Special Teams

CantStopGregJones
03-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Marcus Spears better be benched for Jason Hatcher. I thought Hatch was finally going to get his chance when Canty left, but then Jerry Jones showed why he is a Top 10 iditard in football and signed Igor Olshansky. Heck, Hatcher is probably better than Igor too.

UTPATS
03-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Marcus Spears better be benched for Jason Hatcher. I thought Hatch was finally going to get his chance when Canty left, but then Jerry Jones showed why he is a Top 10 iditard in football and signed Igor Olshansky. Heck, Hatcher is probably better than Igor too.

Hmmm....Not So Fast....

Hatch has already overacheived in my opinion. He is a very capable rotational guy. He will continue to get playing time because that's what Wade's system does. In a 3-4, you need a plethora of quality DEs.

The Igor signing was excellent, not only for the quality player Igor is (especially in Wade's scheme), but for the price tag as well.

Mark my word, baring any health issues, Igor will make a large impact this year!

CantStopGregJones
03-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Funny because when wade was in San Diego it was Castillo and Olshansky thats it. Some plethora of quality DEs...

UTPATS
03-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Funny because when wade was in San Diego it was Castillo and Olshansky thats it. Some plethora of quality DEs...

They had a pretty good defense too!

Burns336
03-11-2009, 12:52 PM

This isn't true. Jacque Cesaire is a great rotational player that they have who played at DE. A guy we would love to have on this team.

D-Unit
03-11-2009, 01:17 PM
You seem to have very strong feelings towards Hatcher. What is this based off of? What do you see in Hatcher? Is there a play or two that sticks out for you? Or does he just convince you with his overall play and abilities? What's driving this opinion of yours?

I am on the opposite end of the spectrum from you and I would like to be enlightened. The fact that Jerry signed Igor for less than half of what Canty got was amazing to me. I thought it was a great move to shore up our DE position. Far from an idiotic move imo. But you say he's a top 10 iditard? LOL..that's a funny word. I just want to know where you're coming from.

CantStopGregJones
03-12-2009, 12:35 AM
You seem to have very strong feelings towards Hatcher. What is this based off of? What do you see in Hatcher? Is there a play or two that sticks out for you? Or does he just convince you with his overall play and abilities? What's driving this opinion of yours?

I am on the opposite end of the spectrum from you and I would like to be enlightened. The fact that Jerry signed Igor for less than half of what Canty got was amazing to me. I thought it was a great move to shore up our DE position. Far from an idiotic move imo. But you say he's a top 10 iditard? LOL..that's a funny word. I just want to know where you're coming from.

Don't really know anything about his NFL play because I never get to see him, but I have seen Marcus Spears and he blows hard. I also saw Igor play very badly and soft this year(he's normally anything but soft so who knows what his deal was). I followed Jason Hatcher in college for his junior and senior years and was a big fan of his leading u p to draft day hoping Cleveland would take him. My basis for him beubg the starter is spimly that Spears is horrible and Hatcher can't possibly do worse.

bigmac076
03-13-2009, 08:34 AM
you can never have too many D lineman, they have got to stay fresh.

LonghornsLegend
03-13-2009, 09:12 AM
I also saw Igor play very badly and soft this year(he's normally anything but soft so who knows what his deal was).

Igor was hot and cold this past season, he's always been a consistent player for SD and was always a cog on their line but for some reason he fell into bad graces with the team I guess around contract extension time and the Chargers started limiting his snaps towards the tail end of the year.

Some people felt he wasn't playing as hard in those snaps I guess he was half-assing and he said he felt dis-respected by some people in the organization...I think getting back together with Wade, combined with a fresh start will do him some well, I expect him to bring a big improvement to our running game immediately.

thule
03-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Igor was hot and cold this past season, he's always been a consistent player for SD and was always a cog on their line but for some reason he fell into bad graces with the team I guess around contract extension time and the Chargers started limiting his snaps towards the tail end of the year.

Some people felt he wasn't playing as hard in those snaps I guess he was half-assing and he said he felt dis-respected by some people in the organization...I think getting back together with Wade, combined with a fresh start will do him some well, I expect him to bring a big improvement to our running game immediately.

I don't expect him to bring a big improvement...unless he is playing on the left side where Spears plays...because Canty made that right side along with Ware basically unrunnable....I can only think of one big run that came on that side and that was 2 years ago when AD took it 40 some yards on a run.

Burns336
03-13-2009, 01:27 PM
I don't expect him to bring a big improvement...unless he is playing on the left side where Spears plays...because Canty made that right side along with Ware basically unrunnable....I can only think of one big run that came on that side and that was 2 years ago when AD took it 40 some yards on a run.

Exactly, this is why we need more D-line!!! haha.. Give me Gilbert and I don't care what happens for the rest of the draft.

D-Unit
03-13-2009, 01:29 PM
I could see us drafting Ziggy Hood for some reason.

UTPATS
03-13-2009, 01:52 PM
I could see us drafting Ziggy Hood for some reason.

I like Ziggy, at the Senior Bowl he reminded me of Ratliff and his penetration ability!