PDA

View Full Version : Matt Birk Visits the Baltimore Ravens!!

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-03-2009, 02:03 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-birk0303,0,3917151.story

Matt Birk, a six-time Pro Bowl center from the Minnesota Vikings, arrived at the Ravens' training facility today at 2:40 p.m. to meet with team officials. The Ravens are looking to replace center Jason Brown, who signed with the St. Louis Rams last week....

IMO, if we can get this deal done, it would be great for our o-line. He gives us a much needed veteran presence! ZOMGZZ MATT BIRK PLEASE SIGN WITH THE RAVENZZ!!

Ravens1991
03-03-2009, 02:24 PM
that would be big. I still miss Brown :(

coordinator0
03-03-2009, 02:25 PM
As long as it isn't too long of a deal I'd be fine with it. Birk has had his fair share on injuries over the years, but he'd be a great addition and stop-gap until we develop another center (assuming Chester is a guard).

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-03-2009, 02:32 PM
True, sign Birk, cheap as he is willing to go, and short as well. Try and draft Wood or Unger(if availible) in the 3rd and groom him to be the future at C.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-03-2009, 02:36 PM
I don't really think he fits in with our athletic line.

Ravens1991
03-03-2009, 02:58 PM
well Anderson isn't really athletic and he is the RT. I still assume that Chester will be the C. He was drafted for that spot.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-03-2009, 03:15 PM
I'd like it but I doubt it happens. I think this is just him tryin to scare the Vikings so they come with deal soon.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Birk said that he wouldn't be in Baltimore right now if he wasn't serious about signing with the Ravens, so I think he could end up signing by tomorrow, if not by tomorrow, then I doubt he'll be a Raven. I think it'd be a solid pickup, but we better not overpay AND we better keep in mind that Suggs still hasn't been locked up longerterm and I really wish we'd get that taken care off, especially with us being so damn inactive in free agency, I mean, if we aren't out interviewing and signing guys, then what are we doing??

coordinator0
03-03-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm actually beginning to believe that Chester will make a solid starting center. He's even going to bulk up over the summer so he is more able to take on the NT's. I really like his work ethic and his want to be a starting center. Birk would be solid, but I'm starting to think Chester is the way to go. plus it'd save us some $ and a high draft pick lol.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-04-2009, 06:03 AM
I know what he said, but until he signs I dont believe its serious. He is a MN native lives there, loves that community and wants to be a Viking. If we get him for a reasonable price then Im fine with it.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-04-2009, 03:33 PM
PFT is saying he has agreed to terms with us, thats not signed, but its a close as you can get without bein signed.