PDA

View Full Version : Post your 1st rnd Mock here,...

SteelCzar76
03-03-2009, 03:24 PM
What's good SteelerFam ? I was interested in seeing what your 1st rnd predictions are ? And with that's said here is my "shot in the dark",....

Lions: Matthew Stafford

Rams: Jason Smith

Chiefs: Aaron Curry

Seahawks: Bj Raji

Browns: Brian Orakpo

Bengals: Michael Crabtree

Raiders: Darius Heyward Bey

Jaguars: Eugene Munroe

Packers: Brian Cushing

49ers: Mark Sanchez

Bills: Andre Smith

Broncos: Aaron Maybin

Redskins: Michael Oher

Saints: Malcom Jenkins

Texans: Clay Matthews

Chargers: Knowshon Moreno

Jets: Jeremy Maclin

Bears: Percy Harvin

Steelers (via trade from Bucs) Rey Maualuga

Lions: Peria Jerry

Eagles: Chris Wells

Vikings: Alphonso Smith

Patriots: James Lauranitis

Falcons: Everette Brown

Dolphins: Vontae Davis

Ravens: Brian Robiskie

Colts: Jarron Gilbert

Eagles: Brandon Pettigrew

Giants: Hakeem Nicks

Titans: Fili Moala

Cardinals: Donald Brown

Buccaneers: Josh Freeman

SCSteeler
03-03-2009, 09:50 PM
What's good SteelerFam ? I was interested in seeing what your 1st rnd predictions are ? And with that's said here is my "shot in the dark",....

Lions: Matthew Stafford

Rams: Jason Smith

Chiefs: Aaron Curry

Seahawks: Bj Raji

Browns: Brian Orakpo

Bengals: Michael Crabtree

Raiders: Darius Heyward Bey

Jaguars: Eugene Munroe

Packers: Brian Cushing

49ers: Mark Sanchez

Bills: Andre Smith

Broncos: Aaron Maybin

Redskins: Michael Oher

Saints: Malcom Jenkins

Texans: Clay Matthews

Chargers: Knowshon Moreno

Jets: Jeremy Maclin

Bears: Percy Harvin

Steelers (via trade from Bucs) Rey Maualuga

Lions: Peria Jerry

Eagles: Chris Wells

Vikings: Alphonso Smith

Patriots: James Lauranitis

Falcons: Everette Brown

Dolphins: Vontae Davis

Ravens: Brian Robiskie

Colts: Jarron Gilbert

Eagles: Brandon Pettigrew

Giants: Hakeem Nicks

Titans: Fili Moala

Cardinals: Donald Brown

Buccaneers: Josh Freeman

Wow! Crazy draft! I would hate to see Maybin go to the Bronco's.

And what would we trade to move up there?

I've been so focused on OL and DL that i haven't even thought of Maualuga...is he worth moving up for?

Would he play behind Foote and wait till he left? Or could he move around like Timmons did?

SteelCzar76
03-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Wow! Crazy draft! I would hate to see Maybin go to the Bronco's.

And what would we trade to move up there?

I've been so focused on OL and DL that i haven't even thought of Maualuga...is he worth moving up for?

Would he play behind Foote and wait till he left? Or could he move around like Timmons did?

Rey is almost the prototypical 3-4 inside backer. With a little more discipline in terms of his patience on the field,..he'd have much the same impact as Woodley,..if not more.

I figured that we could give up about what we did for Troy in terms of a trade up. If i'm not mistaken,..i believe we have some comp picks this year that could ease the brunt of such a trade ?

As far as Rey,...i'd consider him the heir apparent to Potsie. (Farrior) And this would also give us another young thoroughbred backer alongside Woodley.

Because let's face it,....Foote will never be elite (though i got nothing but love for the guy) and Silverback could possibly only have another two, possibly three stellar seasons left in him. Some believe Timmons is "God",...but he was drafted to be a small "Tampa 2" outside backer,...and i really feel as though he is not the answer playing 1st string for an entire season at MLB.

mikehop05
03-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Rey is almost the prototypical 3-4 inside backer. With a little more discipline in terms of his patience on the field,..he'd have much the same impact as Woodley,..if not more.

I figured that we could give up about what we did for Troy in terms of a trade up. If i'm not mistaken,..i believe we have some comp picks this year that could ease the brunt of such a trade ?

As far as Rey,...i'd consider him the heir apparent to Potsie. (Farrior) And this would also give us another young thoroughbred backer alongside Woodley.

Because let's face it,....Foote will never be elite (though i got nothing but love for the guy) and Silverback could possibly only have another two, possibly three stellar seasons left in him. Some believe Timmons is "God",...but he was drafted to be a small "Tampa 2" outside backer,...and i really feel as though he is not the answer playing 1st string for an entire season at MLB.

really...????

Rey? You want to trade up for another MLB???

Timmons was drafted to be a small tampa 2 linebacker?? I didn't know we ran a Tampa 2.

I'm not saying he is "God", but LT was a first round pick for a reason. We may need another LB... but to trade up in the first for one? Gimme a break.

SteelCzar76
03-04-2009, 04:08 PM
really...????

Rey? You want to trade up for another MLB???

Timmons was drafted to be a small tampa 2 linebacker?? I didn't know we ran a Tampa 2.

I'm not saying he is "God", but LT was a first round pick for a reason. We may need another LB... but to trade up in the first for one? Gimme a break.

Be easy Mike,... i know that you may be thinking O or D line in the first,...but i just believe Rey epitomizes a Steeler linebacker and i'm personally not sold on Timmons.(nor will i ever be)

THav916
03-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Be easy Mike,... i know that you may be thinking O or D line in the first,...but i just believe Rey epitomizes a Steeler linebacker and i'm personally not sold on Timmons.(nor will i ever be)

Why will you never be? That seems to take credibility away from your argument, especially combined with the fact you always look back to 'what he was drafted for'. Who cares what he was drafted for...it's about what he was doing now. You might not like that either, but it seems like you never liked Timmons, and refuse to change your stance, as you even admitted you wouldn't. I'm not sure what Timmons and Maualuga even have to do with each other...I'd love Rey in Farrior's spot and I love Timmons in the other, Kendrell Bell-type of ILB. This is far from a need, but I am all about adding studs in the 1st round. I'm more open to being at #32, seeing a guy like Rey fall and taking him just because rather than trading up for a guy that isn't needed. Studs at position of needs are ideal for me...this wouldn't be in my top few of 'plans' for the Steelers, but I do like Maualuga...and I do like Timmons, who's only 7 months older than Maualuga.

SteelCzar76
03-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Why will you never be? That seems to take credibility away from your argument, especially combined with the fact you always look back to 'what he was drafted for'. Who cares what he was drafted for...it's about what he was doing now. You might not like that either, but it seems like you never liked Timmons, and refuse to change your stance, as you even admitted you wouldn't. I'm not sure what Timmons and Maualuga even have to do with each other...I'd love Rey in Farrior's spot and I love Timmons in the other, Kendrell Bell-type of ILB. This is far from a need, but I am all about adding studs in the 1st round. I'm more open to being at #32, seeing a guy like Rey fall and taking him just because rather than trading up for a guy that isn't needed. Studs at position of needs are ideal for me...this wouldn't be in my top few of 'plans' for the Steelers, but I do like Maualuga...and I do like Timmons, who's only 7 months older than Maualuga.

"Why will i never be ?", because Timmons in my opinion is not in any way shape or form,..an above average (let alone elite) linebacker at the professional level.

As i've stated before,..i don't feel as though the kid is a "bum", and perhaps he would flourish as a member of the Colts (or amongst the roster's of any of Tony Dungy's Buccaneers squads of the past),...but he is not a 3-4 middle linebacker.

He plays with a considerable amount of "heart",....but in all honesty,..other than that,... he's Larry Foote with better quickness and a higher motor. He will still be run over, and ran by by the better backs and receivers of the NFL more often than not. But again,...this is just my particular opinion.

Admittedly,..that may be perceived as harsh,...but like you (i'm sure) as well as most other longtime members of Steeler Nation,...i've seen some very exceptional play at the linebacker position and he (Timmons) just doesn't stack up to any of those players in my eyes Thav. But as usual,..we can agree to disagree. LOL

THav916
03-05-2009, 08:20 AM
"Why will i never be ?", because Timmons in my opinion is not in any way shape or form,..an above average (let alone elite) linebacker at the professional level.

As i've stated before,..i don't feel as though the kid is a "bum", and perhaps he would flourish as a member of the Colts (or amongst the roster's of any of Tony Dungy's Buccaneers squads of the past),...but he is not a 3-4 middle linebacker.

He plays with a considerable amount of "heart",....but in all honesty,..other than that,... he's Larry Foote with better quickness and a higher motor. He will still be run over, and ran by by the better backs and receivers of the NFL more often than not. But again,...this is just my particular opinion.

Admittedly,..that may be perceived as harsh,...but like you (i'm sure) as well as most other longtime members of Steeler Nation,...i've seen some very exceptional play at the linebacker position and he (Timmons) just doesn't stack up to any of those players in my eyes Thav. But as usual,..we can agree to disagree. LOL

Ya I don't really mind that we disagree, people will have different opinions on players. Heck, I hated the Timmons pick and wanted Jarvis Moss. But I've come around to liking Timmons and hoping for more. Also seems to be the classic, one person that likes him focuses on what he can do, and a person that doesn't like him focuses on what he can't do. It just seems odd to me that you admit you'll never be sold on, basically saying it doesn't matter what he does, you won't like him. It's one thing not to like him now, and I'm not sure who's saying he's Jack Lambert, Jack Ham, etc as one of the best LB's in Steelers history, but to refuse to like him no matter what is interesting. Oh well. The bigger font for Unger and Mack is cute by the way!

SteelCzar76
03-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Ya I don't really mind that we disagree, people will have different opinions on players. Heck, I hated the Timmons pick and wanted Jarvis Moss. But I've come around to liking Timmons and hoping for more. Also seems to be the classic, one person that likes him focuses on what he can do, and a person that doesn't like him focuses on what he can't do. It just seems odd to me that you admit you'll never be sold on, basically saying it doesn't matter what he does, you won't like him. It's one thing not to like him now, and I'm not sure who's saying he's Jack Lambert, Jack Ham, etc as one of the best LB's in Steelers history, but to refuse to like him no matter what is interesting. Oh well. The bigger font for Unger and Mack is cute by the way!

I thought you might appreciate that Thav. (Font) lol But all jokes aside man,...perhaps i'm just being stubborn in terms of Timmons because i'm not a big fan of spending high/mid first rnd picks on cats whom carry a second round grade.

What i mean is, i almost felt as though i knew we would take Woodley in the second that year. Because that's what we do,....draft the collegiate tweener DE's and convert them to outside backers. And that works for us and i was good with that.

I just didn't comprehend the Timmons pick other than the fact that Tomlin liked the kid (probably was thinking of replacing Silverback like Joey),......and since Revis was off the board Colbert placated him (Tomlin) with "his guy". A guy whom everyone knew wasn't better suited for outside in a 3-4 than Woodley whom could be taken in the 2nd ?!

But as you mentioned,...it's a matter of perspective. I do hope the kid (Timmons) can make me "eat crow",...that would mean further success for the organization,..but as of now,...i'm just not a believer.

SCSteeler
03-05-2009, 07:45 PM

I'd take that any day!!! I too wasn't a fan of the Timmons pick. But last year he showed some signs of awesomeness! He kinda looks/plays like a bigger Polamalu. I think we'll be surprised at how hard he can hit once he's on the field more. And we're a team that relies on everyone complementing eachother; Timmons doesn't need to be the best LB to be a great Steeler!