PDA

View Full Version : Now With Housh in Seattle...

Rjspartan
03-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Do they still take Crabtree even though they have Houshyomomma? and if they don't does Seattle take Raji if so how far does Crabs drop, 7th, 8th, does a team trade up? what is your opinion on this?

lalime40
03-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Do they still take Crabtree even though they have Houshyomomma? and if they don't does Seattle take Raji if so how far does Crabs drop, 7th, 8th, does a team trade up? what is your opinion on this?

oakland will get crabtree

Iamcanadian
03-03-2009, 03:59 PM
You can forget Crabtree to Seattle talk. Crabtree will fall because he cannot workout but still has a decent shot at the top 10. Top 5 IMO is out of the question due to the guaranteed money involved.

gpngc
03-03-2009, 04:03 PM
You can forget Crabtree to Seattle talk. Crabtree will fall because he cannot workout but still has a decent shot at the top 10. Top 5 IMO is out of the question due to the guaranteed money involved.

You can't forget the Crabtree to Seattle talk. Anything can happen and they still do need a WR. Plus Branch could be cut and there isn't much else at #4 (see the other thread) that makes more sense than Crabtree.

Not working out doesn't discount the two years of highly impressive film.

I don't think he gets past Cleveland.

Babylon
03-03-2009, 04:08 PM
You can't forget the Crabtree to Seattle talk. Anything can happen and they still do need a WR. Plus Branch could be cut and there isn't much else at #4 (see the other thread) that makes more sense than Crabtree.

Not working out doesn't discount the two years of highly impressive film.

I don't think he gets past Cleveland.

I think getting T.J. and getting other receivers healthy probably enbales them to move in a differant direction and then maybe grabbing another guy early round 2 (Nicks, Britt, Robiskie).

My pick right now, and that is probably going to change several times between now and draft day, would probably be Andre Smith. Smith can play guard for a year or two then replace Walter at LT. I think you have to look at the draft as a whole not just one pick. Just my take.

Sveen
03-03-2009, 04:14 PM
I see them taking Raji or OT at #4.

Young Nasty Man
03-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Depending on who goes before that (Jason Smith, Andre Smith, Eugene Monroe) will depend who goes at that pick...I think if they dont like any of those guys, expect them to definately trade down and possibly take a QB or Raji later... Crabtree is going to fall to atleast Oakland maybe deeper sending all receivers down a few spots....

HawkEye30
03-03-2009, 05:35 PM
coming from a hawks fan i would love if we could somehow trade with the raiders out of the 4th spot and just get a crapload of picks, and then with our 2d round pick it be nice if we picked britt

RaiderNation
03-03-2009, 05:40 PM
I expect Curry, Raji or a OT at #4 now

OneToughGame
03-03-2009, 06:13 PM
I expect Curry, Raji or a OT at #4 now

What needs does Curry fill at all? Peterson, Tatupu & Hill. 2 All Pro LB's and a LB that's on the edge of becoming a possible pro bowler. I love Curry but still, You don't have a terrible season have a 4th overall pick and then make a pick that won't feel a need. I mean Al Davis isn't the Seahawks owner ;)

Cicero
03-03-2009, 06:23 PM
I think getting T.J. and getting other receivers healthy probably enbales them to move in a differant direction and then maybe grabbing another guy early round 2 (Nicks, Britt, Robiskie).

My pick right now, and that is probably going to change several times between now and draft day, would probably be Andre Smith. Smith can play guard for a year or two then replace Walter at LT. I think you have to look at the draft as a whole not just one pick. Just my take.
Ruskell won't draft A. Smith.

Thunder&Lightning
03-03-2009, 06:32 PM
I think they should go OT now... Monroe or J.Smith

DI
03-03-2009, 06:49 PM
I haven't had Crabtree going to SEA this whole time and this just cements it for me... I always thought finding a replacement for Walter Jones at LT should be their concern and I've had Eugene Monroe penciled in their from Day 1.. Colin Cole takes out the need of Raji and, though you could still make a case for Crabtree, I think Seattle addresses the trenches and will look at WR in Round 2 or 3, with a Brian Robiskie or Derrick Williams possible.. Right now, Crabtree falls to #7 but their have been rumors of Kiwanuka and a 2nd Rounder for Braylon and a later pick and if that were to happen, I'd expect Crabtree in Cleveland at #5 but that is far from set in stone.

cacksman
03-03-2009, 09:18 PM

Where have you been the past 2 months?

Andre Smith is not a top 10 prospect anymore. He will be lucky to get picked in the top 15.

cacksman
03-03-2009, 09:19 PM
And you cannot discount Crabtree to Seattle. It is still a possibility and signing Housh who is 32, doesnt mean they are done addressing WR. They will still most likely take one in the top 3 rounds of the draft. Whether that is in the 1st round remains to be seen.

Geo
03-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Before free agency, I was pegging BJ Raji to the 'Hawks. But then they signed Colin Cole to a 5-year/$31M deal, and with Brandon Mebane already in the fold, I think that likely rules out Raji.

As already noted, they later penned TJ Houshmandzadeh to a 5-year deal also. That opens the door for either: Mark Sanchez, to eventually take over for Hasselbeck ala Philip Rivers/Aaron Rodgers; or Eugene Monroe, to take over for Walter Jones.

But I wouldn't completely rule out Michael Crabtree, if the Seahawks feel Deion Branch isn't a part of their future now or after this season.

T-RICH49
03-03-2009, 09:52 PM
If Curry is gone I can see KC taking Crabtree to give Cassel another weapon

CC.SD
03-03-2009, 09:57 PM
I think Monroe or Smith would be very, very solid picks for Seattle. They definitely represent more value than Crabtree right now.