PDA

View Full Version : 16th Pick In the 09 Draft The SD Chargers Select...

Thunder&Lightning
03-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Who you got AJ takin at 16? Who you think not who you want...

bolts2388
03-03-2009, 07:23 PM
if we pick up the FAs we have visiting then i say Tyson Jackson or any of the top OTs

bantx
03-04-2009, 10:27 AM
#1 choice is Rey, if we pick up Burnett, Tyson Jackson

If neither of them is on the board Peria Jerry

Average OT LB
03-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Peria Jerry I'd say, or some other type of versatile DT/DE. Jerry's prolly gonna be on the board, but I can still see us going another direction. Perhaps a Tyson Jackson.

zdh87
03-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I think that we should all consider the fact that AJ could trade out of the first round because the Chargers lack a 2nd round pick and there is not a whole lot of difference between the 2nd level OTs and RBs. IMO there is no appreciable difference between Shady McCoy, Shonn Greene, and Donald Brown. Same situation with William Beatty, Eben Britton, and Jamon Meredith.

gpngc
03-17-2009, 06:09 PM
I think the Chargers are going to take Peria Jerry.

Smith likes big college DTs to play DE (Olshansky, Castillo), and Jerry has the ideal skillset to make the transition to 5-technique. Plus, it's not out of the question for him to offer some depth as an interior pass rusher on passing downs or perhaps as a back-up NT.

He's great value at #16 as well, as one of the more overlooked guys in the draft.

Iowa Bolt
03-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Maualuga would be a classic AJ pick: big, physical thumper. You can never have enough linebackers in the 3-4 and Rey is a difference maker.

bergo23
03-19-2009, 11:43 PM
I think the Chargers are going to take Peria Jerry.

Smith likes big college DTs to play DE (Olshansky, Castillo), and Jerry has the ideal skillset to make the transition to 5-technique. Plus, it's not out of the question for him to offer some depth as an interior pass rusher on passing downs or perhaps as a back-up NT.

He's great value at #16 as well, as one of the more overlooked guys in the draft.

Scott's scouting report doesn't even mention 5 technique in a 3-4 as a possibility. The problem with that position is it negates his biggest strength which is pass rush.........pass rush comes from the LB'ers in a 3-4, the 5 technique guys need to play the run well, and that doesn't seen to be Jerry's strength. This analysis is based on zero film and Scott's scouting report.

The kind of 300 pounders AJ looks for are the 2-3rd round types in Evander Hood, Alex Magee, Marks or even Brace (hopefully Brace could play the straight NT).

There is no doubt AJ will pick a 5 technique in the first 3 rounds....but it depends on who else is available on #16.

bergo23
03-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Britton's scouting report seems to indicate Britton's best position will be RT...and we need an upgrade over Clary. He doesn't seem to be enough of an upgrade over Clary to justify #16 though?! I would much rather have Oher.