PDA

View Full Version : Who's the next coach?

The Legend
03-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Who do you think will be a head coach next year?

tjsunstein
03-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Not Brad Childress.

diabsoule
03-03-2009, 11:30 PM
I think Brian Bellichick will be a head coach next year.

The Dynasty
03-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Not Brad Childress.

Excellent answer. I would have to say Leslie Frazier..He had about 3-4 interviews this off season and if Childress is fired Frazier could take his spot.

Staubach12
03-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Edit: Damn. Nevermind.

The Legend
03-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Who's the best 3-4 option out there?

Thunder&Lightning
03-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Urban Meyer

bearfan
03-03-2009, 11:46 PM
I would say Ron Rivera pending on what he does this year. He was in the mix a few years ago when he had the Bears defense as one of the best in the league, and since his departure the quality of the play here in Chicago has gone down tremendously. Now he is in SD where he learned the 3-4 defense, so a knowledge of both will probably help a lot. I dont know how well he is doing there outside of the Colts playoffs game that was a show of excelent defensive planning from Rivera.

bantx
03-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Ron Rivera taking over Norvs job even if we make the playoffs

Iamcanadian
03-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Obviously Shanahan and Gruden will be quickly hired if they have the desire to be HC's again. I think Billick and Mooch should get another shot as well.

vidae
03-04-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm gunna say it's Cowher.

WMD
03-04-2009, 01:08 AM
I bet someone gives Todd Bowles a shot.

Menardo75
03-04-2009, 01:39 AM
If it's Jimmy Raye i'm gonna kill myself.

D-Unit
03-04-2009, 03:14 AM
Shanahan will be coaching the Cowboys. Wade Phillips' contract is over after this season. Phillips will probably accept being the DC.

fenikz
03-04-2009, 03:16 AM
Russ Grimm

M.O.T.H.
03-04-2009, 04:17 AM
Shanahan will be coaching the Cowboys. Wade Phillips' contract is over after this season. Phillips will probably accept being the DC.

If Dallas does well...Garrett probably becomes our coach. Jerry didnt show any interest in booting him despite him costing us games with his terrible game planning and play calling. He could end up being a better HC than a coordinator...hopefully, for his sake and well, ours if it unfolded that way. I just wouldnt allow the guy to call plays. He was brought in here to be the head coach one day...if he turns things around this year. The job is as good as his.

and Phillips lets people walk over him sometimes but, there is no way he'd accept that demotion. That wouldnt sit well with any head coach and is a major shot at ones pride. I wouldnt doubt he goes on to coach elsewhere as a coordinator but, he wont be doing it in Dallas. Talk about opening the flood gates for more scrutiny.

D-Unit
03-04-2009, 04:22 AM
If Dallas does well...Garrett probably becomes our coach. Jerry didnt show any interest in booting him despite him costing us games with his terrible game planning and play calling. He could end up being a better HC than a coordinator...hopefully, for his sake and well, ours if it unfolded that way. I just wouldnt allow the guy to call plays. He was brought in here to be the head coach one day...if he turns things around this year. The job is as good as his.
hahahahaha... ok who's kidding who? You said it yourself. This team is a mess.

Garrett will never be the HC of the Cowboys. Jerry has always opted for experience for that job. It's why we have Phillips instead of Singletary. With Cowher, Shanny, Gruden, Billick, etc out there... there's no way Garrett gets the job.

M.O.T.H.
03-04-2009, 04:26 AM
hahahahaha... ok who's kidding who? You said it yourself. This team is a mess.

Garrett will never be the HC of the Cowboys. Jerry has always opted for experience for that job. It's why we have Phillips instead of Singletary. With Cowher, Shanny, Gruden, Billick, etc out there... there's no way Garrett gets the job.

My expectations are not high but, you never know.

Jerry was willing to name fresh faced Garrett head coach as soon as we signed him. That's why he had an unknown position until after Wade agreed to terms. Garrett nearly got the job right out of the gates...and Jerry obviously has a lot of love for the guy. Dont know why considering last year but, there is some favoritism there. If we somehow manage to play well...he's most likely first in line. Because, if you hired a guy like Shanny...that means you let Garrett walk and Jerry looks like he's not interested in such a thing. Not yet atleast...again, it fringes on how well we do this season.

BlindSite
03-04-2009, 06:03 AM
Garrett was a pretty bad OC most of last year. I know the team suffered some injuries but he was calling a lot of the wrong plays at a lot of wrong times and he was a big factor in why the Cowoboys offense seemed so inept at certain times.

M.O.T.H.
03-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Garrett was a pretty bad OC most of last year. I know the team suffered some injuries but he was calling a lot of the wrong plays at a lot of wrong times and he was a big factor in why the Cowoboys offense seemed so inept at certain times.

Oh we know...I was praying someone would take him off our hands.

D-Rod
03-04-2009, 07:08 AM
I'd hate it (better for Ryan to have continuity) but I think that Mike Mularkey may have another head coaching job next year. I was surprised that he didn't get more interest this year, frankly.

nepg
03-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Brian Schottenheimer.
________
Avandia Class Action Settlement (http://classactionsettlements.org/)

keylime_5
03-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Al Davis will fire Cable and coach the team himself.

Brent
03-04-2009, 09:13 AM
I am guessing Greg Manusky, after which I'll be deeply saddened.

21ST
03-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Bill Cowher to the skins

Iamcanadian
03-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Al Davis will fire Cable and coach the team himself.

He already is the HC in reality, haha, that's why so many talented guys leave for HCing jobs elsewhere. It worked when he was younger but as an old man, it just doesn't anymore.

Nalej
03-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Due to trend analysis- I say- The Patriots OC and DC
Well, probably not the OC but definitely our DC

NY+Giants=NYG
03-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Oh we know...I was praying someone would take him off our hands.

Not going to happen. You except him to be there for a while. That family and Jones are tight, so you have to understand the relationships involved in this case. Not going to happen unless he leaves on his own, and I believe Jones is trying to have him there to be HC in the future.

M.O.T.H.
03-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Not going to happen. You except him to be there for a while. That family and Jones are tight, so you have to understand the relationships involved in this case. Not going to happen unless he leaves on his own, and I believe Jones is trying to have him there to be HC in the future.

That's what I said.

All of us fans were holding out hope that he would go the Browns or Lions this off-season but, it didnt happen. If we happen to do well this year, the job probably goes to Jason but, if we dont do well and Garrett is a primary reason why again...I wouldnt be shocked if Jerry cut ties with him, close family ties or not. You cant just hand Garrett the job after he failed as a coordinator. It just doesnt work that way. The favortism toward Garrett is evident and he obviously wants to keep him around but, if we suck...Garrett, just like anyone else, can get the ax.

NY+Giants=NYG
03-04-2009, 11:48 AM
That's what I said.

All of us fans were holding out hope that he would go the Browns or Lions this off-season but, it didnt happen. If we happen to do well this year, the job probably goes to Jason but, if we dont do well and Garrett is a primary reason why again...I wouldnt be shocked if Jerry cut ties with him, close family ties or not. You cant just hand Garrett the job after he failed as a coordinator. It just doesnt work that way.

True but the Garrett family's ties are all over the franchise. You have to factor that and the politics involved as well with accessing a situation. Even if he does poorly he won't go anywhere. In fact I know some stuff I can perhaps PM you involving Romo. Gotta remember there is always more to these kinds of issues.

M.O.T.H.
03-04-2009, 11:54 AM
I gotta go but, if you got some info, sure you can PM it to me.

The thing though with Garrett...he was in over his head last year and if this continues, you cant just keep him around to appease the family. He's hurting the franchise. He wouldnt deserve the position of Head Coach and he's not going to take a demotion. This is a very important year for Garrett. I think his leash is shorter than you know.

D-Unit
03-04-2009, 11:56 AM
What are these family ties that I hear of between Garrett and the Jones family?

brat316
03-04-2009, 11:56 AM
hopefully Bruce Arians

NY+Giants=NYG
03-04-2009, 12:00 PM
What are these family ties that I hear of between Garrett and the Jones family?

Well I am going to PM moth. Nothing bad of course but it's something I'd rather keep private.

D-Unit
03-04-2009, 12:02 PM
My expectations are not high but, you never know.

Jerry was willing to name fresh faced Garrett head coach as soon as we signed him. That's why he had an unknown position until after Wade agreed to terms. Garrett nearly got the job right out of the gates...and Jerry obviously has a lot of love for the guy. Dont know why considering last year but, there is some favoritism there. If we somehow manage to play well...he's most likely first in line. Because, if you hired a guy like Shanny...that means you let Garrett walk and Jerry looks like he's not interested in such a thing. Not yet atleast...again, it fringes on how well we do this season.
What a GM will say about their coach one day can change in an instant the next. That's because they don't say what they really mean to the media. They say words that won't hurt the team. I wouldn't invest so much into believing Jerry will make Garrett HC because he kept him this year... nor would I invest anything into the idea that Garrett almost got hired as HC when we first brought him on. I think since then Jerry has realized if he had done that then he would've made a mistake. A big part of the backing behind trying to hire a guy like Dan Reeves as a consultant was to hold hands with Garrett and mentor him. Add in the fact that Jerry allowed Garrett to interview at Cleveland, Denver, St. Louis and Detroit... Not so sure, Jerry feels the same way about him that he used to. To the media, he will say he is satisfied because that's the only answer he can give.

Realistically, the Cowboys will have to at least reach the NFC Championship game for Garrett to stay... and if he does that, then maybe he's learned a thing or two and deserves to stay.

NY+Giants=NYG
03-04-2009, 12:12 PM
I gotta go but, if you got some info, sure you can PM it to me.

The thing though with Garrett...he was in over his head last year and if this continues, you cant just keep him around to appease the family. He's hurting the franchise. He wouldnt deserve the position of Head Coach and he's not going to take a demotion. This is a very important year for Garrett. I think his leash is shorter than you know.

Whenever you're on again, check your PM.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
03-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Could it be possible in a few years after Tony Dungy does his miracle work around the work, he could end up in Detroit as the head coach or even a GM to do more miracle work their?