PDA

View Full Version : Could LeSean McCoy Become #1 RB After ProDay

Thunder&Lightning
03-03-2009, 11:29 PM
With Wells and Moreno having mediocre combines and McCoy not participating... If McCoy ran a great 40 and an overall great pro day could he move himself into the #1 RB spot.

I KNOW IT ALL
03-03-2009, 11:38 PM
With Wells and Moreno having mediocre combines and McCoy not participating... If McCoy ran a great 40 and an overall great pro day could he move himself into the #1 RB spot.

Very doubtful. Don't forget Knowshon and Beanie have pro days as well.

phlysac
03-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Very doubtful. Don't forget Knowshon and Beanie have pro days as well.

Depends on just HOW successful of a proday it is and what type of back a certain team would be looking for.

Mr.Regular
03-04-2009, 12:08 AM
He could but it is highly unlikely.
He's my #4 back right now behind Wells, Moreno, and Brown and I feel many teams think that too....it'd take a lot to get him to move up that much.

Giantsfan1080
03-04-2009, 12:16 AM
I could see him ending up as the #2 back taken based on the team picking but I think Wells will stay #1 when all is said and done.

MetSox17
03-04-2009, 01:08 AM
His fumbling issues are a big concern right now, and you can't right that with pro-days.

foozball
03-04-2009, 01:11 AM
if he weighs in at 212lbs and runs 4.35 like he says he can

yourfavestoner
03-04-2009, 01:36 AM
Absolutely. It's the NFL draft guys, anything can happen. Every team has a different draft board and values players differently. That's why there's always surprises.

CashmoneyDrew
03-04-2009, 01:42 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure no one expected Donnie Avery to be the first WR taken last year. And in round two by the Rams no less.

Shane P. Hallam
03-04-2009, 04:11 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure no one expected Donnie Avery to be the first WR taken last year. And in round two by the Rams no less.

WR is a much different monster than RB though generally. Add on that there were not top talents. It could happen, but I think Wells will still go first.

Paranoidmoonduck
03-04-2009, 04:32 AM
McCoy has been my #1 tailback since about November, but I think that once the draft roles around, all three runners will be pretty closely grouped together (maybe I should say four, because Donald Brown is barely behind the conventional three). Each has a distinct skill set from the other, so it's really going to come down to each team's preference.

DeathbyStat
03-04-2009, 06:08 AM
No because the numbers from pro days are all ways inflated

LonghornsLegend
03-04-2009, 06:34 AM
McCoy is my #1 back but I don't see him going as the first RB off the board, he needs to just show his weight is back to normal at his pro day, I want to see him around 210 at least.

Still think he can be the best back from this class.

eaglesalltheway
03-04-2009, 06:43 AM
Simply put, no he won't be the #1 RB. There aren't many guarantees, but that is about as close to a guarantee you can get. Most teams have him as either the #3 or #4 RB available, and whether he's 3 or 4, there is too big of a gap to make up unless both Wells and Moreno have some serious injury. I really like McCoy, he's my #3a, but Donald Brown has been creeping up and might pass him in my eyes soon. Brown really is the most balanced RB, behind Moreno, and he is equally compatible with just about every offense.

Halsey
03-04-2009, 06:55 AM
Wells and Moreno did not have bad combines. There is more to the combine than running the 40. Other than slower than expected 40 times, I didn't notice any other problems with either of them. They both did well in some of the other drills. Moreno showed up weighing more than expected and placed high in the 3 cone drill and shuttle times. Wells placed high in the broad jump, bench press and was as big as advertised(6'1 235). McCoy may have hurt himself more then they did by showing up under 200 lbs., even if it was partly due to being sick.

etk
03-04-2009, 07:06 AM
Chris Wells is 235 lbs. and ridiculously explosive. Did you guys miss his 10 straight broad jumps, each one at or around 11 feet?

I don't see how you can possibly describe that as having a bad combine. He was one of the most impressive athletes there.

rockio42
03-04-2009, 08:07 AM
I think that Wells is the best but Moreno gets drafted before him and McCoy not much after that...

nepg
03-04-2009, 09:06 AM
He was already my #1...
________
Tiffalicious (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Tiffalicious/)

keylime_5
03-04-2009, 09:36 AM
I think it's much more likely that McCoy is the 4th back drafted than it is that he's the 1st.

Young Nasty Man
03-04-2009, 09:59 AM
I go to Pitt and Im doing a draft show at the Pro-day this year...

LeSean McCoy's problem is his size. He is listed at 5-10, but the boy is only about 5-8. He had the flu and dropped 15 lbs and if he wants to have a very recognizable pro day, he is going to need to put on that weight and run a fourty he is capable of. I strongly believe he cant break 4.4. Considering that most of the running backs weren't able to break 4.4, I truly think that he is going to need to play out of his shoes to be considered a top 2 back. The rumors that he has said is that Arizona is pursuing him very strongly (spoke to a kid that is on the football team). That would make him first round talent but that would put atleast 2 running backs ahead of him. So only time will tell, but if McCoy wants to be the best running back, he is going to need to have the pro day of a lifetime..

Matthew Jones
03-04-2009, 10:02 AM
My top five as of now is:

Wells, Moreno, Brown, McCoy, Greene

I don't think he can jump all three of the RBs ahead of him.

SenorGato
03-04-2009, 10:20 AM
He's also my #1 back.

phlysac
03-04-2009, 10:23 AM

LeSean McCoy's problem is his size. He is listed at 5-10, but the boy is only about 5-8.

Really? I guess the Combine was WAY off then when they measured him at 5'10 3/8"

Being from the Pittsburgh area myself, I was hoping to give you the benefit of doubt, but it's difficult to take your other sources credibly when the first thing you mention is proven to be incorrect.

hagy34
03-04-2009, 12:27 PM
I think it's much more likely that McCoy is the 4th back drafted than it is that he's the 1st.

Agreed. I think the highest he would jump would be to the #2 spot and that is with a great pro day. I have Moreno locked in as my number one back due to the durability concerns of Beanie. At this point I have:

1. Moreno
2. Wells
3. McCoy
4. Brown
5. Greene

Malaka
03-04-2009, 01:10 PM
If he runs a sub-40 he would definitely be making a case for the top RB prospect. I like McCoy much more than Moreno.

Wrathman
03-06-2009, 02:00 PM

LeSean McCoy's problem is his size. He is listed at 5-10, but the boy is only about 5-8. He had the flu and dropped 15 lbs and if he wants to have a very recognizable pro day, he is going to need to put on that weight and run a fourty he is capable of. I strongly believe he cant break 4.4. Considering that most of the running backs weren't able to break 4.4, I truly think that he is going to need to play out of his shoes to be considered a top 2 back. The rumors that he has said is that Arizona is pursuing him very strongly (spoke to a kid that is on the football team). That would make him first round talent but that would put atleast 2 running backs ahead of him. So only time will tell, but if McCoy wants to be the best running back, he is going to need to have the pro day of a lifetime..

I hope your draft show passes on the fact that he was measured at 5'10 3/8"
at the combine rather than your gut feeling that he is 5'8". Also not most of the backs were unable to break 4.4...all of them failed to do so. Best of luck with your prep for this show.

DT35
03-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Possibly - All I know is that I'd love to have him in the early second or late first.

hockey619
03-08-2009, 05:09 PM
I suggested this idea a couple weeks ago and people seemed to brush it off.

I think most people are really underrating McCoy's skills and how good of a pro prospect he is. Having seen a number of his games, he got no help from the rest of the Pitt team and really carried them every step of the way. He can catch and has good speed and is really an all around very good running back.

I like both him and Moreno more than Wells right now. I feel McCoys a better reciever than both but that Moreno runs the hardest. I dont think particularly highly of Wells. He runs very soft for such a big dude.

SenorGato
03-08-2009, 05:13 PM
McCoy's only being underrated because he got the flu and football is a what- have-you-done-lately kind of sport.

IrishX (aka bornbear)
03-08-2009, 05:15 PM
1. Moreno
2. Wells
3. McCoy

TT Gator
03-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Chris Wells is 235 lbs. and ridiculously explosive. Did you guys miss his 10 straight broad jumps, each one at or around 11 feet?

I don't see how you can possibly describe that as having a bad combine. He was one of the most impressive athletes there.

First off, as quoted above Wells by no means had a bad combine. He ran a faster 40 then Jeremiah Johnson whos 209 and a handful of other guys that are 10-20 pounds lighter than him this considering every team knows he's a power back. Now regarding Mccoy I don't see any chance of it happening. It is the draft so any thing can happen but I have 3 guys ahead of him and its 90% likely Wells and Moreno will both go ahead of him. Now Moreno did run a horrible 40 for his size and has similar stats as Mccoy if he could run a 4.3 anything he might have a chance of sneaking ahead of Moreno but I wouldn't bet on it even if he did. A reasonable goal for him is being the 3rd RB gone. Brown has really won some ppl over and he ran the 5th fastest 40 out of the RBs his stock has went up. Mccoy needs to impress the scouts at Pro Day to prove he's the best speed back in this draft if he wants to push ahead of Brown and win the #3 back spot. Moreno and Wells have both played far tougher competiton which alone would push them over Mccoy if he somehow was neck and neck with them. If he's really as fast as he claims to be he should have ran at the combine(I know he had the flu) and considering the low RB 40s his stock would have went up alot. He's going need one hell of a Pro Day and even then I think he's #3 RB off the board #2 best case scenerio.

Mr.Regular
03-11-2009, 12:54 AM
1. Moreno
2. Wells
3. McCoy
A list of the top RB's in this draft needs Donald Brown in it, IMO, even if he is 4th. He's definitely in the first round mix with the other three of them.

toonsterwu
03-11-2009, 01:42 AM
I doubt it, although for me personally, I am inching that way. That said, Lesean is the Clinton Portis of this draft. I think people think he could excel, but because of his size and position, people won't know when to pull the trigger. It could be in the first, or he could slide, like Portis, to the early 2nd.