PDA

View Full Version : This Offseason Just Keeps Gettin Better And Better!

EdReedUnstoppable
03-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Ravens | Mason looking for longer-term deal
Wed, 04 Mar 2009 01:29:03 -0800

JOCKlife.com reports Baltimore Ravens WR Derrick Mason is entering the final year of his contract. The Ravens are refusing to renegotiate a longer term deal. "I believe I earned the right for a three-year deal and right now that is not working out but I will continue to do my job and possibly begin exploring other options," Mason said.

Personally let him play this year and let him walk, he is nothing special and we can find another WR that never scores TDs.

ChefMike
03-04-2009, 09:07 AM
I 2nd that notion !!!! Mark Clayton is the perfect replacement for Mason he is a more athletic mason anyway...

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-04-2009, 09:38 AM
It is funny how Mason is not "special" I think he is a beast and has played well for us. I do agree that we do not need to re-sign him because he will start to get worse. Just think it is funny how all of a sudden he is not worth nothing.

Ravens1991
03-04-2009, 11:41 AM
he is good but he is older then dirt. I understand what we are doing.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Yea I understand not giving him the contract but to say he is nothing special is just dumb. If you do not think what he has done for us has not been "nothing special" than your crazy.

Rayray52
03-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Yea EdReedUnstoppable with his positive outlook's and glass half full ideology! Mason had a great season and was an absolute warrior playing with only 1 arm, the guy is a heart and soul member of the team.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Yea I understand not giving him the contract but to say he is nothing special is just dumb. If you do not think what he has done for us has not been "nothing special" than your crazy.

What has he done for us? Yeah he catches alot of balls, but he scores few TDs, and he's 35 years old, he's out of hismind thinkin we should give him a 3 year extension. What have we done with him that we couldn't have done without him? We have a younger carbon copy of him that will replace him. What we need to do is focus on getting a true #1 WR before giving Mason an extension.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-04-2009, 12:49 PM
I hate to always seem to be blasting this guy but he just pisses me off with some of the stuff he says

I said I do not think we should give him an extension I was just pissed that you said he is "nothing special"

EdReedUnstoppable
03-04-2009, 12:57 PM
I hate to always seem to be blasting this guy but he just pisses me off with some of the stuff he says

I said I do not think we should give him an extension I was just pissed that you said he is "nothing special"

I dont care man blast me all you want. Im sayin he is not irreplaceable, he's not an elite guy, to me if you're not elite your not special.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-04-2009, 01:00 PM
I dont care man blast me all you want. Im sayin he is not irreplaceable, he's not an elite guy, to me if you're not elite your not special.

Yea but you say **** that makes sense then put some negative **** in there that pisses me off. You say it like you do not appreciate anything he did or like if he wasn't there it would of been Clayton making all those catches when really Clayton can not get open to save his life.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Yea but you say **** that makes sense then put some negative **** in there that pisses me off. You say it like you do not appreciate anything he did or like if he wasn't there it would of been Clayton making all those catches when really Clayton can not get open to save his life.

Thats not how I mean it, I appreciate him coming out there every sunday and giving his all and playin injured. Im just sayin he is not a make or break WR, he doesn't cripple us if he's gone, and he doesn't make us a superbowl contender if he stays. He's no Calvin Johnson, he's no Larry Fitzgerald is basically what Im saying.

America
03-04-2009, 03:42 PM
I don't think our offense could survive without Mason. I think he could get a small extension, but if we don't, we absolutely need a replacement right away. And that means someone not on the team now.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-04-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't think our offense could survive without Mason. I think he could get a small extension, but if we don't, we absolutely need a replacement right away. And that means someone not on the team now.

DHB/Hakeem Nicks should be ok if they develop.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-04-2009, 04:38 PM
If we grab Maclin, Nicks, Britt or Heyward-Bey. Then I see him not getting an extension at ALL and just let Clayton mature into his role OR getting a 1 year extension. Obviously he's a very tough guy and without him our passing game goes no where, he can still bring it but we desperatly need a #1 type guy.

dcarey20
03-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Mason is far from 'nothing special'. Dude is a gamer and made countless big catches for us this year.

That said, he's going to be 36 years old. Not many guys that age getting 3 year extension, and he shouldn't be any different. Let him finish out this final year, see where he is, take it from there.

niel89
03-05-2009, 05:00 AM
there is no way that he gets a 3 yr extension, maybe another year but he is just too old.

in my view, mason was a huge part of last year. he was the only receiver that i trusted throwing to. he was the only one who consistently got open. without him, flacco has a significantly worse year. you could just see how much flacco relied on him in every game. he had almost 2x as many catches more than anyone else and almost 3x as many 1st down catches.

he played hard, he played hurt, he played with passion. i wish we could keep him around but the business side of it wont let it happen. he played a special role last year for our team but we really need to get flacco that young #1 threat that he can grow with.