PDA

View Full Version : Jags #8 Pick?

GatorsBullsFan
03-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Jaguars are talking to Tra Thomas about signing him which doesn't give us a long term answer for OT but would give us a Answer for it right now obviously making our OT need pushed back to 2nd or 3rd round....Who do you think we'll take if Tra Thomas does become a Jag?

regoob2
03-04-2009, 11:57 AM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57

This should help.

Babylon
03-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Jaguars are talking to Tra Thomas about signing him which doesn't give us a long term answer for OT but would give us a Answer for it right now obviously making our OT need pushed back to 2nd or 3rd round....Who do you think we'll take if Tra Thomas does become a Jag?

Prime candidate to trade down. Someone will probably want to get in front of the Niners and grab Mark Sanchez. Del Rio likes those USC LBs i would think and #8 is probably too high for any of them.

D-Unit
03-04-2009, 01:26 PM
I like BJ Raji for the Jags at #8. They finally get a replacement for Stroud. Big John Henderson and Raji will help push the opposing RBs to the outside where their speedy LBs and DEs will be waiting.

GatorsBullsFan
03-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Prime candidate to trade down. Someone will probably want to get in front of the Niners and grab Mark Sanchez. Del Rio likes those USC LBs i would think and #8 is probably too high for any of them.

lol No way do Jags take a QB that high

Young Legend
03-04-2009, 01:55 PM

He said nothing about the Jags taking a QB he said someone will most likely be willing to trade up ahead of the niners to take a QB.

Mr.Regular
03-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Huh? He said that the Jaguars pick would be a prime spot for someone to jump into to grab Sanchez before the 49ers.

I see Raji going to the Jaguars, having a Stroud replacement would really do wonders for that defense IMO.

Sveen
03-04-2009, 02:19 PM
How about Maclin or Crabtree? They could sure use a receiver ;) I don't see them taking a quarterback seeing that Del Rio is on the hot-seat and he need someone to make a immediate impact.

About Raji. I don't think he'll still be on the board at #8. The Seahawks, Browns, Bengals and Raiders could all use him.

skinzzfan25
03-04-2009, 02:25 PM
This means it's almost guaranteed that either Andre Smith or Oher falls to the Skins at 13 which I am happy about :)

Babylon
03-04-2009, 02:30 PM
This means it's almost guaranteed that either Andre Smith or Oher falls to the Skins at 13 which I am happy about :)

What means Smith and Oher will be there for the Skins?

I doubt Smith will be there but Oher might, i would think LB might be a priority there wouldnt you say?

Sveen
03-04-2009, 02:36 PM
I wouldn't be very surprised to see them both still on the board at that point.

skinzzfan25
03-04-2009, 02:38 PM
What means Smith and Oher will be there for the Skins?

I doubt Smith will be there but Oher might, i would think LB might be a priority there wouldnt you say?

Yeah Oher will probably be there. The Jags could have made a possible play for either of the two tackles in the draft but shouldn't now if they land Thomas.

And the Skins do need help at OLB, particularly SAM. The only two guys that remotely intrigue me for filling that spot are Curry (hey, maybe he'll fall... i can hope :D) or Sintim (too early at 13). I don't think Malaluga has the coverage skills or speed to cover a guy like Witten.

I'm also not a fan of putting a tweener out at SAM either (Maybin, Brown, Orakpo, English). If we got Orakpo, he'd be our RDE. Or English at LDE.

Babylon
03-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Yeah Oher will probably be there. The Jags could have made a possible play for either of the two tackles in the draft but shouldn't now if they land Thomas.

And the Skins do need help at OLB, particularly SAM. The only two guys that remotely intrigue me for filling that spot are Curry (hey, maybe he'll fall... i can hope :D) or Sintim (too early at 13). I don't think Malaluga has the coverage skills or speed to cover a guy like Witten.

I'm also not a fan of putting a tweener out at SAM either (Maybin, Brown, Orakpo, English). If we got Orakpo, he'd be our RDE. Or English at LDE.

The guy you want that can cover guys like Witten is Brian Cushing it isnt Sintim who is not great in space and obviously Curry will be gone.

Sveen
03-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Don't you dare take Cushing in front of our nose... ;)

GatorsBullsFan
03-04-2009, 03:07 PM
He said nothing about the Jags taking a QB he said someone will most likely be willing to trade up ahead of the niners to take a QB.

Sorry about that I misread

Spartan4224
03-04-2009, 03:34 PM
In my lastest mock I have Stafford dropping and the Jets trading up to 8 for the 17th and the 52nd picks. Then the Jaguars take Maualuga at 17.

hagy34
03-04-2009, 03:47 PM
In my lastest mock I have Stafford dropping and the Jets trading up to 8 for the 17th and the 52nd picks. Then the Jaguars take Maualuga at 17.

Stafford dropping to 8? So where do you have Sanchez going then???

gpngc
03-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Vontae Davis or Malcolm Jenkins if they sign Thomas. I think Davis fits their D better than MJ.

With OT still a possibility but less likely.

Darkhorses: WRs, Rey, Sanchez.

yourfavestoner
03-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Even if Thomas signs, it doesn't rule out OT for the Jags. He's over 30 and offers no long-term stability at the position whatsoever. If an OT is available to them at #8 and he's the best player on their board, they'll take him.

Raji is a very intriguing possibility. I'd love a d-line of Groves-Henderson-Raji-Harvey.

PACKmanN
03-04-2009, 04:45 PM
I like BJ Raji for the Jags at #8. They finally get a replacement for Stroud. Big John Henderson and Raji will help push the opposing RBs to the outside where their speedy LBs and DEs will be waiting.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Stop ruining the Packers' off-season. I hope they take DHB.

BeerBaron
03-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Even if they sign Thomas don't count out taking an OT. Thomas is a one, two year max stop-gap option.

If they don't go OT, I see Raji or Maclin/DHB as possibilities, expecially if they manage to trade down with the WRs.

Raji would instantly upgrade Rob Meier next to Henderson getting them back to their Stroud/Henderson days. I dunno though....an option, but I'm not feeling it really.

DHB would work well there though. That I could see, especially with how bad they've been failing to find any type of decent WR.

nepg
03-04-2009, 05:24 PM

I don't see them as any kind of a candidate to trade down. They're in a "do-no-wrong" position at #8... Eugene Monroe, BJ Raji, Crabtree/Maclin, Jenkins, Cushing, and a few others... The Jags are in a good spot and need to stay there.
________
Medical marijuana (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

thenewfeature06
03-04-2009, 05:52 PM
They will probably pick Maclin but they should go with Raji or Oher or Smith IMO

LonghornsLegend
03-04-2009, 08:30 PM
I wouldn't be very surprised to see them both still on the board at that point.

I keep hearing Andre Smith won't get past the Niners and I agree, he's a franchise RT and they have their franchise LT, I think they would love to take him there...Oher looks to definately be there after the first 10 picks though.

Unbiased
03-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Simply BPA, especially if we sign Tra Thomas. B.J. Raji and Malcom Jenkins would both fit needs, though. I really like DHB, but I don't want to reach for him.

yourfavestoner
03-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Simply BPA, especially if we sign Tra Thomas. B.J. Raji and Malcom Jenkins would both fit needs, though. I really like DHB, but I don't want to reach for him.

I'd rather have Maclin than DHB, personally. Maclin is a carbon copy of Jimmy Smith.

roscoesdad27
03-05-2009, 08:12 AM
I've had the jags taking malcolm jenkins for a long time in my draft and thats where I see him going, unless he runs in the mid 4.4's at his pro day...then he's top 5.

1) lions... stafford
2) rams... andre smith
3) chiefs... curry
4) seahawks... jason smith
5) browns... crabtree
6) bengals....monroe
7) raiders...raji
8) jags...jenkins

who would you guys take there?

Spartan4224
03-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Stafford dropping to 8? So where do you have Sanchez going then???

At this time I have Sanchez to the 49ers, but they just signed Damon Huard so I think that is going to change. I don't see him falling past the Bears at 18 or maybe your Vikings will trade in front of the Bears.

Cswarriors21
03-05-2009, 08:28 PM
The jags will get a reciever to add to their non productive offense. Such as jeremy maclin, unless Crabtree is still available, which could happen. Maclin will give them the return game, and a solid slot reciever who can make the big play after the catch