PDA

View Full Version : Rays back

Ravens1991
03-04-2009, 03:56 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravens0304,0,5069312.story

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-04-2009, 03:57 PM
That is beast but WHAT IS HIS CONTRACT????

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-04-2009, 04:20 PM
It better be that same one we offered him earlier last week, he's not worth anything bigger. (not a knock on Ray) but he is obviously slowing down.

coordinator0
03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
I heard it was 3 years and 7+ mil. a year. I'm glad he's back.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-04-2009, 04:36 PM
I heard it was 3 years and 7+ mil. a year. I'm glad he's back.

oh, so basically we just gave him exactly what we offered him before FA. Gezz, all Ray did by rejecting our offer was embarass himself big time. He just ended up accepting the same offer. I wish we would have lowered the offer, but that would be harsh, especially when you consider what he's done for as and the realationship he has with the FO. When I get back from basketball practice, I hope I see an interview w/ him, Ozzie Harbs, and Steve. I want to see how they are doing.

Rayray52
03-04-2009, 04:41 PM
YESSS i couldent stand seeing Ray in another jersey especially when he still has productive years left, thank you Jerry Jones and eating a bit of crow good job by the FO of correctly predicting the market and not overpaying

ChefMike
03-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Glad to see he is back in town... I think this solidifies the team for this season.. I think we are still in business though in the FA market before we hit the Draft so we can draft BPA not need...

ChewyRaven318
03-05-2009, 06:49 PM
oh, so basically we just gave him exactly what we offered him before FA. Gezz, all Ray did by rejecting our offer was embarass himself big time. He just ended up accepting the same offer. I wish we would have lowered the offer, but that would be harsh, especially when you consider what he's done for as and the realationship he has with the FO. When I get back from basketball practice, I hope I see an interview w/ him, Ozzie Harbs, and Steve. I want to see how they are doing.

Technically it is lower..about 2 mil lower. But his contract is obviously going to be filled to the brim with incentives, so if he can continue to play at a high level, he'll make more money.