PDA

View Full Version : Birk 3 Years $12 Million!!!!

EdReedUnstoppable
03-04-2009, 04:17 PM
I love this deal, perfect price for a good veteran C.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-04-2009, 04:19 PM
*Jizzing in pants*

great deal, great addition.

He veteran presence is gonna be huge for our o-line.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-04-2009, 04:28 PM
So we need a #1 CB and a #1 WR still but we're making progress.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-04-2009, 04:34 PM
True, but with the addition of Foxworth, corner isn't a HUGE need, especially with such a deep DB class this year. (Fracies, Mikens, Macho, Barnes, Byrd and maybe Butler) We could find a tall corner in the 2nd easily. Can't say the same for WR however. After Nicks, Britt, DHB, and Maclin, there is a huge dropoff IMO. I say get the best reciever availible in the 1st, and then let Ozzie and Co. work there magic in the later rounds.

I agree with your ERU, making progress indeed, but still no Suggs longterm!! lol

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-04-2009, 05:10 PM
I have really been thinking about what someone posted recently. What about moving Johnson next to Ray and playing Barnes as another pass rusher. I mean he is vicious off the edge and with him and Suggs coming at the QB it would help our CB's alot and force quick passes for Ed Reed to grab

trkaline
03-04-2009, 05:28 PM
I have really been thinking about what someone posted recently. What about moving Johnson next to Ray and playing Barnes as another pass rusher. I mean he is vicious off the edge and with him and Suggs coming at the QB it would help our CB's alot and force quick passes for Ed Reed to grab

I endorse this message.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-04-2009, 05:48 PM
I don't know about that. IMO Double J had a career year last year at OLB/DE, I don't know that I'd screw with that too much. It's intruiging(spelling?), but I think a guy like Gooden is a better more athletic option as would be a guy like Laurinaitis if we got him in the draft.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-04-2009, 05:52 PM
I don't know about that. IMO Double J had a career year last year at OLB/DE, I don't know that I'd screw with that too much. It's intruiging(spelling?), but I think a guy like Gooden is a better more athletic option as would be a guy like Laurinaitis if we got him in the draft.

Yea I I'm ok with Johnson being there I am just trying to figure out a way to help our CB's because the faster the pocket colapses the better our CB's play. If we could get Laurinaitis I would be happy.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Yea I I'm ok with Johnson being there I am just trying to figure out a way to help our CB's because the faster the pocket colapses the better our CB's play. If we could get Laurinaitis I would be happy.

Yeah, I'd be ok with movin Double J though if thats what they choose to do. I think if any of the LBs could handle the move Double J could. Wanna hear me admit a wrong since I know you asll love for me to be wrong. I was wrong about Double J, kid can play.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I'd be ok with movin Double J though if thats what they choose to do. I think if any of the LBs could handle the move Double J could. Wanna hear me admit a wrong since I know you asll love for me to be wrong. I was wrong about Double J, kid can play.

lol I do not love for you to be wrong just want you to handle being wrong better.;)

EdReedUnstoppable
03-04-2009, 06:22 PM
lol I do not love for you to be wrong just want you to handle being wrong better.;)

I don't think anyone handles it better than me.

BigDawg819
03-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Prescott Burgess, remember the name

coordinator0
03-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Prescott Burgess, remember the name

I agree. If he could satey healthy, he might have a better shot at starting than Gooden. I'd still put money on Greisen starting though.

niel89
03-05-2009, 04:37 AM
great move. there is no way we should have paid for the contract that Brown got, and this is a great stop gap for a couple years while we draft and develop another center.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Just watched his press conference and it got me all excited and optimistic for this season!!! Prolly the last time I'll be optimistic about it but for now Im ready to roll, with my cup of purple and black kool-aid.

Ravens1991
03-05-2009, 02:08 PM
if you are optimistic then this season should be great! LOL.

What about using a 2nd on a RT? I would love to get Loadholt. Him and Gaither would give us 2 big ass tackles that are beasts for the next 10 years.

lordquas
03-05-2009, 02:20 PM
lorenzo neil is mad old
matt stover will soon be replaced
willie anderson is ancient
trevor pryce is a grandfather
derrick mason poops dust.
and even ray ray is starting to forget random ****.

we need to get replacements for all of these positions in the draft or freeagency

ps. whats everyone think about jalen parmele replacing willis mcgahee.

NICCEEE

ChefMike
03-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Good pick up for us I think this is going to be a good move in the long run.

ChewyRaven318
03-05-2009, 06:54 PM
I think I'm excited about Birk..but why him over Jason Brown? I mean yeah, he's MUCH cheaper than Brown, but still, Brown is younger and has MUCH more upside. I guess we're really making our mark as a cheap organization..I don't completely dislike it, but I thought it was a real shame we had to let go of Brown because of it.

Anyways, he seems like he'll be one of the better pickups of FA if our O-line continues to improve.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-05-2009, 07:51 PM
We know that Brown wanted more than he was worth or more than we wanted to pay him. I think we will be fine with this guy.

Bohleive
03-07-2009, 04:44 PM

The problem is they need somebody to replace Scott's coverage ability and JJ is not that guy. Also McClain has shown so much more than Barnes to this point in terms of potential and passrush ability. Barnes was not good last year. He has one move, and that isn't working so much these days.

coordinator0
03-07-2009, 05:52 PM
The problem is they need somebody to replace Scott's coverage ability and JJ is not that guy. Also McClain has shown so much more than Barnes to this point in terms of potential and passrush ability. Barnes was not good last year. He has one move, and that isn't working so much these days.

Scott wasn't much of a coverage guy lol. He could blitz and defend the run well but I'd say coverage was his worst attribute. Gooden will be the best pass defending LB we have, even better than Suggs.

Bohleive
03-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Scott wasn't much of a coverage guy lol. He could blitz and defend the run well but I'd say coverage was his worst attribute. Gooden will be the best pass defending LB we have, even better than Suggs.

Dude youre a jackass. Lol? Bart Scott's first playing time came in nickle and dime packages, before you were a ravens fan no doubt. Name one season other than '06 where he posted more than 5 sacks.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Dude youre a jackass. Lol? Bart Scott's first playing time came in nickle and dime packages, before you were a ravens fan no doubt. Name one season other than '06 where he posted more than 5 sacks.

I am jealous of your sig. I hate you