PDA

View Full Version : Saints Sign CB Greer & WR Henderson

diabsoule
03-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Saints re-sign Henderson for 4 more years
http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2009/03/new_orleans_saints_resign_rece.html

Saints | Greer agrees to terms
Wed, 04 Mar 2009 14:52:34 -0800

Doug Miller, of NewOrleansSaints.com, reports the New Orleans Saints have agreed to terms with unrestricted free-agent CB Jabari Greer (Bills) on a four-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Marsher
03-04-2009, 05:46 PM
I bet the saints pass on CB in the first round now

Primetime21
03-04-2009, 05:55 PM
I bet the saints pass on CB in the first round now

I bet they go BPA.

wicket
03-04-2009, 05:58 PM
yeah didnt think we would draft a corner first round but now everybody can finally stop the vontae bs. (sighs)

skinzzfan25
03-04-2009, 06:01 PM
yeah didnt think we would draft a corner first round but now everybody can finally stop the vontae bs. (sighs)

What about Jenkins? I think he could be BPA consideration at 14.

wicket
03-04-2009, 06:13 PM

considering that he is a free safety in my mind im fine with it. We will prolly sign a safety but since jenkins is kinda diverse he adds a whole bunch of depth, would rather trade down for a linebacker of maybe sean smith (who'm i have one of my two mancrushes on in this draft with the other belonging to gerald mcrath)

diabsoule
03-04-2009, 06:25 PM

I have a feeling that if Jenkins is there at 14 he'd be the pick. Another person to consider is Brian Cushing and I think Clay Matthews has an outside shot too.

I'd rather have Louis Delmas after a trade down though.

Young Nasty Man
03-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Jabari Greer should be a solid pick up but I dont know if he is a great number 2 corner and he is by no means a number 1. I could still see them going after Vontae Davis, but maybe they would address LB's with Cushing. Only time will tell.

diabsoule
03-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Jabari Greer should be a solid pick up but I dont know if he is a great number 2 corner and he is by no means a number 1. I could still see them going after Vontae Davis, but maybe they would address LB's with Cushing. Only time will tell.

We're going to have Tracy Porter as the #1 with Greer as the #2 more than likely.

wicket
03-04-2009, 06:30 PM

sorry dude but it will not happen. we have way to much servicable corners now to even consider it. He also doesnt fit the profile of guys we draft characterwise. And last but not least he is a reach at 14 and has bust written all over him.

bearfan
03-04-2009, 06:34 PM
What happened to Usama Young?

wicket
03-04-2009, 06:36 PM
What happened to Usama Young?

will be like fourth or something like that on the depth chart, could also be a safety in obvious passing situations for us, he did some of that.

diabsoule
03-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Per Rotoworld. (http://www.rotoworld.com/CONTENT/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nfl&id=2968)

I have to agree with them. While I do like the signing I am skeptical.

Menardo75
03-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Both very good signing's for the Saints. Henderson had his best year last year so i'm glad they brought him back. If only Meachem could find a way out of the Payton dog house.

SuperMcGee
03-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Trust me, nobody benefits from our cover-2. Greer should be a very good #2, he's good at sticking on his man and makes a decent break on the ball. If you were that desperate for secondary help, then I would say that he definitely is a noticeable upgrade.

bearsfan_51
03-04-2009, 09:26 PM
I wonder if Art Vanadely still has my quote in his sig.

4 years-23 million. Less than 28 million. Ah yes, here it is:

I will bet you almost anything you want that Greer makes less. Greer is a borderline starter, Foxworth at least showed something last year. Not even a question who you'd take a chance on. I could find a guy like Greer at the grocery store.

You should keep that up there, just to remind yourself everytime how wrong you were. :)

Rob S
03-04-2009, 11:11 PM
I wonder if Art Vanadely still has my quote in his sig.

4 years-23 million. Less than 28 million. Ah yes, here it is:

You should keep that up there, just to remind yourself everytime how wrong you were. :)

haha nice.......I have always been a fan of Greer.....he basically ripped up training camp every year and finally got his shot last year to really see the field a lot. He's a good player who really earned this contract and everything he is gotten. Props to him. However, I will say.....he is probably best suited for a nickel.....not saying he is a bad #2, but I cant see him being much better than an average starter.....but who really would have called that a few years back.....again, big ups to Jabari. One thing he does do really well tho is break on the ball......the man will make a few awesome, awesome plays pretty frequently in that regard.

Sveen
03-05-2009, 05:38 AM
Barring a trade, I think we go with Cushing or Jenkins in the 1st now with Chris Wells as a wild-card.

CJSchneider
03-05-2009, 05:41 AM
Unless someone gives us a 2nd rounder when picking up Lance Moore, I still hope we trade down.

Flyboy
03-05-2009, 08:36 AM
We hardly ever, ever trade down. Hell, we'd probably trade up before we traded down.

SaintsFanForLife
03-05-2009, 08:51 AM
We hardly ever, ever trade down. Hell, we'd probably trade up before we traded down.

I agree, I have almost never seen us move down.

Sveen
03-05-2009, 10:22 AM
To be honest I'm hoping someone do go after Lance Moore and gives a 2nd rounder. Not likely to happen though.

Saints-Tigers
03-05-2009, 12:30 PM
I think we have a lot of #2 and #3 corners, but no true number 1, and when you combine that with poor safety play, it's easy to see why we get torched so much. Tracy Porter was very impressive last year, and if he improves at a steady rate, he'll be very very good.

I don't want Cushing in the first round at all, he's a workout warrior without a whole lot of production, and he wasn't that impressive at the combine, and he's injury prone as hell. I think if Andre Smith or Michael Oher is still there at our pick, Detroit may be interested in trading with us, we really need to move down.

Henderson is an ok signing, I think we can plug anyone in at receiver at this point.

HawkeyeFan
03-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Very nice signings for the Saints. Gives them the playmaker back at Wide Receiver and a good CB for you guys after missing out on Bartell. While Greer isn't close to Bartell, it's still a good signing.

I was hoping the Rams would make a run at one of them, but we didn't, we're worthless.

Menardo75
03-05-2009, 02:49 PM
I think we have a lot of #2 and #3 corners, but no true number 1, and when you combine that with poor safety play, it's easy to see why we get torched so much. Tracy Porter was very impressive last year, and if he improves at a steady rate, he'll be very very good.

I don't want Cushing in the first round at all, he's a workout warrior without a whole lot of production, and he wasn't that impressive at the combine, and he's injury prone as hell. I think if Andre Smith or Michael Oher is still there at our pick, Detroit may be interested in trading with us, we really need to move down.

Henderson is an ok signing, I think we can plug anyone in at receiver at this point.

Honestly I think Tracy Porter is going to be a great number one corner for you guys. I loved what he showed before the injury.

Flyboy
03-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Honestly I think Tracy Porter is going to be a great number one corner for you guys. I loved what he showed before the injury.

Yeah, except for Santana Moss beating him in Week Two he played some stellar damn football before his injury. I'm not worried about a #1 corner on our team - to me, he is at this point albeit in limited.

BuddyCHRIST
03-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Barring a trade, I think we go with Cushing or Jenkins in the 1st now with Chris Wells as a wild-card.

Jenkins would be sweet, but Chris Wells? Pierre Thomas is a bad man, and thats too high to pick a 3rd RB just incase one of the top two guys go down. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about Cushing, I like him but something also screams Bobby Carpenter so I just dunno.

diabsoule
03-05-2009, 03:56 PM
IMO, Cushing has bust written all over him. I just don't get a good vibe off him when watching "highlights" or reading about him. I'd much rather Clay Matthews for a LB.

Maybe the Saints will surprise us and trade down and not reach on someone.