PDA

View Full Version : Any more big trades?

gpngc
03-04-2009, 09:01 PM
The Cassel, Sheppard, and K2 moves have already been made. Anyone suspect there is more wheeling and dealing to be done?

Of the following players, who, if any, do you think will actually be moved?

Anquan Boldin
Braylon Edwards
Larry Johnson
Orlando Pace
Julius Peppers
LaDainian Tomlinson
Shaun Rogers

More likely released than traded:
Michael Huff
Ken Lucas
Torry Holt
Edgerrin James
Mark Roman
Samari Rolle

Safe?
Carlos Rogers
Al Harris

CashmoneyDrew
03-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Larry Johnson is the most likely to be traded on that list IMO. Maybe Carlos Rogers too.

CC.SD
03-04-2009, 09:08 PM
If Holt is gone, Pace is probably gone too, one way or another.

PACKmanN
03-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Julius Peppers easily.

fenikz
03-04-2009, 09:31 PM
my order from most to least likely to be traded

Julius Peppers
Larry Johnson
Braylon Edwards
Anquan Boldin
LaDainian Tomlinson

no one would trade for Pace so i took him off the list

skinzzfan25
03-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Carlos is safe and happy. Springs is gone, he's not on the pine anymore. There was a Washington Post article with him saying he was happy to have Hall back and bringing in Haynesworth but I can't find it right now...

gpngc
03-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Carlos is safe and happy. Springs is gone, he's not on the pine anymore. There was a Washington Post article with him saying he was happy to have Hall back and bringing in Haynesworth but I can't find it right now...

I'll take your word for it. lol

vidae
03-04-2009, 09:45 PM
I'd love to get rid of LJ. Someone take him! Remember when he was good?!

DJC
03-04-2009, 09:51 PM
No one is going to trade for LJ. He'll be cut if anything.

I think Peppers and Braylon are the most likely to be dealt. I'm guessing Peppers to Denver and Braylon to the Giants right now.

BamaFalcon59
03-04-2009, 09:53 PM
There was some talk of WR Michael Jenkins to the Rams when free agency opened. Not sure there was any merit to it.

sbh15
03-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Simple trade to work out would be Boldin for Suggs straight up.

Don't really see it happening. Peppers is the most likely scenario.

MooshooGawd
03-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Is Michael Huff really that bad?

Anyway, I keep hearing Peppers to the Patriots rumors. New England does have quite a few 1st days draft picks, as well as the salary cap space to bring him in.

So I'll go with that one as it makes the most sense.

bernbabybern820
03-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Huff will probably get another year to prove himself with a new coordinator.

bantx
03-05-2009, 12:35 AM
It'll be a while till LT works out the contract situation, Im positive he will return.

j05son
03-05-2009, 12:40 AM
I don't think Braylon gets traded. Who's going to catch anything then? All of our playmakers can't be dealt.

gpngc
03-05-2009, 12:45 AM
I don't think Braylon gets traded. Who's going to catch anything then? All of our playmakers can't be dealt.

Crabtree maybe.

Who's going to catch anything once BE leaves next year in FA?

j05son
03-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Crabtree maybe.

Who's going to catch anything once BE leaves next year in FA?

Who says Crabtree will be there...

Who says Edwards leaves next year in FA.

He could be franchised...then traded....

D-Unit
03-05-2009, 02:07 AM
Now that Jerry is cleaning house I'd suspect Greg Ellis and his constant nagging could get traded. Wednesday was the day Roy Williams (SS) said he wanted Jerry to decide to trade or release him. Bobby Carpenter could also be moved... my guess would be in a draft day trade.

TimD
03-05-2009, 02:08 AM
ohh i would love to see carpenter on the jets. would never happen, but itd be cool

kmartin575
03-05-2009, 02:10 AM
No one is going to trade for LJ. He'll be cut if anything.

I think Peppers and Braylon are the most likely to be dealt. I'm guessing Peppers to Denver and Braylon to the Giants right now.

His contract is pretty cap friendly for any team that trades for him so it's always a possibility.

papa burgundy
03-05-2009, 02:20 AM
Mark Roman to the Broncos for a 6th or 7th round pick.. book it

LonghornsLegend
03-05-2009, 02:21 AM

That's what I keep reminding people when they just want to come up with trade scenarios, who do they expect Quinn to throw the ball to? Winslow was the guy to be traded, trading Braylon would be stupid, then you just need to draft a WR that you hope has the potential of Braylon...He had an off year but you don't up and trade a guy who just scored 15 TD's because he dropped some passes, I'd hate to see the development of Quinn at that point.

Besides there isn't even enough depth at WR to move Braylon for another position like OLB is there? Last I thought they were looking for another #2 WR badly, so they want to rid their #1 WR for defense? Doesn't make any sense.

BlindSite
03-05-2009, 03:15 AM
Other than Peppers I could see Lucas getting traded, I wish he'd just restructure though, he can be a decent player when healthy.

BandwagonPunditry
03-05-2009, 04:46 AM
Mark Roman to the Broncos for a 6th or 7th round pick.. book it

Getting a pick for Roman would be a good result for us. I see him being cut instead...

GET LOOSE
03-05-2009, 04:57 AM
I really think Boldin will be traded. Many teams will make the call draft day if not before that and he really wants out. Didnt he have a deadline for them to offer a contract? I think it was like tuesday or wednesday. Anyway they didnt offer him one so I think that means they are ready to trade him. Sorry Kurt atleast you still got Fitz and Breaston.

FlyingElvis
03-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Julius Peppers
Larry Johnson
Anquan Boldin

In that order. I can't imagine Lucas being cut, but I can't say I saw that much of him. He's got to worth a pick, even if it is a 4th, no?

B-Easy . . . that would be infinitely stupid of Cleveland. So I guess that means it could happen. (BURN!!! lol) But seriously, selling when his value is at its lowest? Bad move. He's a stud who will bounce back in a big way this year - so says my crystal ball.

BlindSite
03-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Julius Peppers
Larry Johnson
Anquan Boldin

In that order. I can't imagine Lucas being cut, but I can't say I saw that much of him. He's got to worth a pick, even if it is a 4th, no?

B-Easy . . . that would be infinitely stupid of Cleveland. So I guess that means it could happen. (BURN!!! lol) But seriously, selling when his value is at its lowest? Bad move. He's a stud who will bounce back in a big way this year - so says my crystal ball.

Lucas has a huge price tag this year and with Peppers being a big enough hit even if he resigns we'll need the extra money.

RaiderNation
03-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Well Oakland has redone 3 contracts today to allow us to get alot of cap room, so Id expect we go after some1 through F/A or trade

Mr. Hero
03-05-2009, 11:39 PM
I think if plax is gone I could see us offering a 2nd round pick and a conditional pick next season for braylon. I know about the kiwi/braylon rumours but those seem a little excessive since Kiwi is our third DE and without him DE becomes a big need, even with the strengthened DT situation. And if we're trying to contend why would we trade replace one weakness with another weakness.

Matthew Jones
03-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Is Michael Huff really that bad?

Anyway, I keep hearing Peppers to the Patriots rumors. New England does have quite a few 1st days draft picks, as well as the salary cap space to bring him in.

So I'll go with that one as it makes the most sense.

Schefter has said there is "no chance" New England trades for Peppers. I'm glad.

gpngc
03-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Schefter has said there is "no chance" New England trades for Peppers. I'm glad.

It that case, it must just be days until we hear of a long-term extension for Vince Wilfork (and maybe Seymour), correct?

I mean they have to use the cap room on something, right?

BTW I edited the original post to add Shaun Rogers. Forgot he was unhappy.

Jvig43
03-05-2009, 11:57 PM
It that case, it must just be days until we hear of a long-term extension for Vince Wilfork (and maybe Seymour), correct?

BTW I edited the original post to add Shaun Rogers. Forgot he was unhappy.

Were not seeing the whole picture yet.......

the decider13
03-06-2009, 08:06 AM
It would be cool to see peppers in a broncos uniform...but I would rather save some cap room for the resignin of Cutler, Marhsall, Royal, Clady some time in the near future. Can't keep all your big money players.

FlyingElvis
03-06-2009, 09:10 AM
NE traded for . . . Greg Lewis, WR from Philly. Does that count as a "big trade" ???? hahahaha!
Lucas has a huge price tag this year and with Peppers being a big enough hit even if he resigns we'll need the extra money.
Ok, that explains it. Thanks.

Extensions won't even be good enough, imo. Why rush to get Cassel moved for that? Contract extensions can be done anytime. IDK, it all makes me wonder if the other teams mentioned were really that interested in Cassel.

j05son
03-06-2009, 09:30 AM
I think if plax is gone I could see us offering a 2nd round pick and a conditional pick next season for braylon. I know about the kiwi/braylon rumours but those seem a little excessive since Kiwi is our third DE and without him DE becomes a big need, even with the strengthened DT situation. And if we're trying to contend why would we trade replace one weakness with another weakness.

If Braylon goes, it's not going to be for anything less then what Dallas paid for Williams.

Kase1
03-06-2009, 12:21 PM
If Michael Huff is released, Ill drive from NYC 2 Oakland and pick him up, LOL. Huff in our 2ndary would be DEVESTATING!!!!

Kase1
03-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Im hopin for a trade for Braylon including a 2nd, 4th and possibly a conditional pick in next years draft. Hell id even do a 1st, 5th, and a conditional, Braylon and Plax would be MONSTERS on the field together

stephenson86
03-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Im hopin for a trade for Braylon including a 2nd, 4th and possibly a conditional pick in next years draft. Hell id even do a 1st, 5th, and a conditional, Braylon and Plax would be MONSTERS on the field together

with 1 limping and the other dropping everything?

gpngc
03-06-2009, 01:29 PM
with 1 limping and the other dropping everything?

LOL. Great response.