PDA

View Full Version : Check out this mock. Absolutely terrible.

Geason Noceur
03-05-2009, 01:14 AM
I was reading Sporting News latest mock draft by Russ Lande, and I have to say that's the worst one that I've seen so far for this draft. Just terrible. I can't believe some people actually pay money to read their War Room. These are his picks.

1. Detroit Lions - Everette Brown, DE, Florida State
2. St. Louis Rams - Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
3. Kansas City Chiefs - B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College
4. Seattle Seahawks - Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest
5. Cleveland Browns - Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
6. Cincinnati Bengals - Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia
7. Oakland Raiders - Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech
8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
9. Green Bay Packers - Larry English, DE, Northern Illinois
10. San Francisco 49ers - Mark Sanchez, QB, USC

I can see why Lande is now a former scout. Most guys on message boards can come up with better mock drafts than that.

HawkeyeFan
03-05-2009, 01:18 AM
What if it happens, then what?

vidae
03-05-2009, 01:22 AM
Oh yes, Stafford to Cleveland? That's going to happen?

Geason Noceur
03-05-2009, 01:25 AM

I can see some of his picks happening, but some of the other ones are totally out there. Completely out of left field IMO. What are the chances of Brown being drafted with the first pick? Or Stafford ending up in Cleveland?

MetSox17
03-05-2009, 01:56 AM

There's about four or five picks up there that might actually happen, the rest are completely terrible. Everette Brown #1 overall? Seriously? What the hell is wrong with them?

OneToughGame
03-05-2009, 02:20 AM
Terrible. Only reason it doesn't actually bug me is because I really like Curry.

HawkEye30
03-05-2009, 05:53 AM
1-5 will never happen, but i could ssee 6-10 happening depends if the packers like english

eaglesalltheway
03-05-2009, 06:33 AM
I'm at work right now and people are wondering what I saw that was so funny. At the same time though this is really aggrevating that someone could be this dumb...

TimD
03-05-2009, 06:42 AM
I was reading Sporting News latest mock draft by Russ Lande, and I have to say that's the worst one that I've seen so far for this draft. Just terrible. I can't believe some people actually pay money to read their War Room. These are his picks.

I can see why Lande is now a former scout. Most guys on message boards can come up with better mock drafts than that.

It's really not as bad as your making it seem. I mean yeah it's a lot different especially with Brown going to Detroit and Stafford to Cleveland, but other than that, what's wrong with it? All the other picks make some sort of sense.

Ummm... did you pay for it?

Sveen
03-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Wow. People actually pay for this?

Addict
03-05-2009, 08:04 AM
It's really not as bad as your making it seem. I mean yeah it's a lot different especially with Brown going to Detroit and Stafford to Cleveland, but other than that, what's wrong with it? All the other picks make some sort of sense.

KC taking a Raji after taking Dorsey last year isn't strange to you?

killxswitch
03-05-2009, 09:04 AM
7 of those 10 picks make sense. The 3 that don't (Stafford, Brown, Raji) are pretty bad.

nepg
03-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Curry to the Seahawks is pretty awful, too. And English in the Top 10?! C'mon...
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Halsey
03-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Curry to the Seahawks is pretty awful, too. And English in the Top 10?! C'mon...

Yep, the Seahwaks already have a pretty good LBing Corps. Sure, they could find a place for Curry, but he isn't close to a major need and the Seahawks would have to choose one LB to be a really expensive backup.

the decider13
03-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Yes...the Browns are definately taking Stafford in the first. They are gonna spend over half the teams budget on QBs. They have too many as is lol

MetSox17
03-05-2009, 09:57 AM
7 of those 10 picks make sense. The 3 that don't (Stafford, Brown, Raji) are pretty bad.

Aaron Curry to Seattle made sense to you?

LonghornsLegend
03-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Was there any commentary beside the pick? I'd love to know his reasoning for Brown at #1 other then to get some attention drawn to his mock.

BroadwayJoe10
03-05-2009, 10:20 AM
The Stafford pick doesn't make sense for the browns with their current roster, however if they feel that they would rather go to war with Stafford than quinn or anderson, they could make some trades. I guarantee some teams would be willing to give up some good picks for quinn and maybe something for anderson. This would allow them to reload their team, while Mangini and Kokinis (Man-Kok) can bring in their own qb.

I'm not advocating this as a smart decision or something that's going to happen, but just a possible explanation of the Lande's draft.

FlyingElvis
03-05-2009, 10:30 AM
^Man-Kok . . . rofl

It definitely looks like a top 10 mock drawn up by someone who wears a helmet full time. There would have to be a few roster moves to make it even feasible, so unless he explains it with a few trades this is a terrible mock.

bored of education
03-05-2009, 10:51 AM
i actually laughed out loud about the Mankok. hehehehe

terrible start to a mock and I dont care to know the rest.

Menardo75
03-05-2009, 11:35 AM
It is an awful mock.

CroomDawgs
03-05-2009, 12:24 PM

These 4 picks were completely ridiculous. EVerette Brown number 1 makes no sense. Seattle tagged aaron curry. Im not even gonna comment on the Browns since it has a 0% chance of happening, and larry English ninth over guys like orakpo and Maybin? Never.

Crickett
03-05-2009, 12:29 PM

Here's what will happen.

w91-GMc3j7I

Babylon
03-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Imagine how stupid Detroit would look if they took Brown #1. (probably could get him at #20).

killxswitch
03-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Aaron Curry to Seattle made sense to you?

Ok good point, I was thinking strictly in terms of how high in the draft he was being taken.

HawkeyeFan
03-05-2009, 12:49 PM
There's about four or five picks up there that might actually happen, the rest are completely terrible. Everette Brown #1 overall? Seriously? What the hell is wrong with them?

The Lions' did take Ernie Sims 9th overall.

Geason Noceur
03-05-2009, 01:02 PM

No, I did not pay for it. I don't have a subscription. The list was on the free section of the site. You have to pay to see the rest of the mock draft. If rest of the mock looks like the first ten picks I rather live with the suspense of not knowing what the other 22 picks are.

Brent
03-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Here's what will happen
I dont even have to watch to know the best line of that scene:

"yes, it's true, this man has no dick."

TimD
03-05-2009, 01:10 PM
KC taking a Raji after taking Dorsey last year isn't strange to you?

i guess, but dorsey is not/nor never will be a NT, and that's the most important position in a 3-4 (imo). while its different, i can't say I would be shocked if it happens. Pioli is well aware that his great linebackers in NE weren't the reason that D was so good. Seymour and Wolfork were huge gamechangers

I KNOW IT ALL
03-05-2009, 01:34 PM

He's played well for them. Probably better than Hawk who was picked at #5 by the Packers.

ThePudge
03-05-2009, 01:50 PM
SportingNews used to be solid for draft coverage. Their 2004 magazine was good, 2005 was also a good read, then they went incredibly downhill and fast. They had Aundrae Allison a Top 20 prospect a couple years back and that's just the tip of the iceberg. It is as if they are trying, on purpose, to have poor draft coverage. I can say, with a decent amount of confidence, the next user to register on NFLDC will be more intelligent and able to talk draft at a higher level than TSN. It's sad, and I don't mean to bash it here, but wow.

This mock, comparatively, is not all that bad believe it or not. Everette Brown at #1 is ridiculous and Stafford to the Browns is also something pulled out of a hat. As for Larry English at 9th Overall, I'm more open there. By no means do I think it will happen, but if the Packers coaching staff is convinced he can play OLB in their new 3-4, it could happen. English is more refined in his game and technique than both Brian Orakpo and Aaron Maybin. A big pro day could launch him up the boards. Still, right now, I think there is a better chance of seeing English in the early 2nd than in the Top 10.

lordquas
03-05-2009, 02:13 PM
i dont get how morons like this douchebag get jobs talking about things they have no idea about.
and were stuck to message boards. guy should get fired just for that mock alone. i wonder what his 3 rounder would look like. LOLz

FlyingElvis
03-05-2009, 02:25 PM
No, I did not pay for it. I don't have a subscription. The list was on the free section of the site. You have to pay to see the rest of the mock draft. If rest of the mock looks like the first ten picks I rather live with the suspense of not knowing what the other 22 picks are.
and you'll be better off

Still, right now, I think there is a better chance of seeing English in the early 2nd than in the Top 10.
for instance . . . pick 34 to NE.

ThePudge
03-05-2009, 02:49 PM
i dont get how morons like this douchebag get jobs talking about things they have no idea about.
and were stuck to message boards. guy should get fired just for that mock alone. i wonder what his 3 rounder would look like. LOLz

He does a Seven Rounder about two weeks until draft day. I could swear the thing looks picked out of a hat. Do not look at that Mock, you'll want to gauge your eyes out or rather saw his hands off.

initial_flo
03-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Hell yeah, I'm getting my Browns Stafford jersey custom made tonight.

I really wouldn't even mind if it happened, at least it would be a topic of conversation for us Browns fans for the next year or so.

NGSeiler
03-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Was there any commentary beside the pick? I'd love to know his reasoning for Brown at #1 other then to get some attention drawn to his mock.

"The Lions believe they have too many holes to grab a quarterback with the top pick, so they gamble on Brown becoming a pass rusher in the mold of Dwight Freeney."

ThePudge
03-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Hell yeah, I'm getting my Browns Stafford jersey custom made tonight.

I really wouldn't even mind if it happened, at least it would be a topic of conversation for us Browns fans for the next year or so.

That would certainly be a new twist in this, a rebuilding season under a new coach. haha

Young Nasty Man
03-05-2009, 04:07 PM
there is only one word that comes to mind, and that is WOW.

jbombul
03-06-2009, 01:14 AM
i think matt millen wrote the forward to this mock

WMD
03-06-2009, 01:18 AM
Sims at #9 wasn't that big of a reach..

fear the elf
03-06-2009, 08:07 AM
this made me sh*t from my mouth and vomit from my anus, and afterwards i wept in a dark corner.

TT Gator
03-11-2009, 01:42 AM

Thats about right but even English going to Green Bay is absurd when Orakpo is still on the board. It's obvious this guy hasen't been paying any attention to whats been going on this offseason. Brown going first? I think Curry or Jason Smith is ridiculous going there but at least Detriot has been interviewing and scouting them publicly. Stafford in Cleveland? Yeah they really need another good QB to throw in the already insane mix. KC already went the DT route last year and payed big bucks for Dorsey. These things should be obvious to anyone who watches the NFL and followed the off-season somewhat.

killxswitch
03-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Thats about right but even English going to Green Bay is absurd when Orakpo is still on the board. It's obvious this guy hasen't been paying any attention to whats been going on this offseason. Brown going first? I think Curry or Jason Smith is ridiculous going there but at least Detriot has been interviewing and scouting them publicly. Stafford in Cleveland? Yeah they really need another good QB to throw in the already insane mix. KC already went the DT route last year and payed big bucks for Dorsey. These things should be obvious to anyone who watches the NFL and followed the off-season somewhat.

I phrased it poorly. The level at which the 7 reasonable picks went was ok, not necessarily the teams they went to.

BAD

Good pick, especially with Pace getting released.

Debatable, if the Chiefs are going 3-4 they need a NT and have a lot of cap room to spend down. Where does Dorsey fit in a 3-4 scheme? I am not sure they would do this but it is not the most ridiculous pick in this mock.

Good pick if he drops that far. But Houshmanzadeh and Crabtree would make one hell of a new WR combo.

Odd pick, but I doubt he makes it past Detroit anyway. The Browns don't need another QB.

Good pick

Good pick but I doubt he gets this far. And I'm not sure Davis would want a guy with no proven 40 time.

Good pick, they need help on the OL.

A headscratcher, maybe the guy didn't like Orakpo's supposed reputation for taking plays off? Debatable at best.

Good enough of a pick