PDA

View Full Version : Do you like the approach your team took in Free Agency?

49ersfan_87
03-06-2009, 02:29 PM
I like what the 49ers have done. We're switching to something along the lines of a power run team with a few deep balls to keep defenses honest. So we got a FB who has had success with us in a similar scheme 2 years ago in Moran Norris and a WR with some potential and played in a similar scheme in Tennesee in Brandon Jones. Neither signing is a huge upgrade but we got good role players at good prices. Demetric Evans from the Redskins was also signed at less than 2 mil a year and he'll provide good depth. But im glad we avoided the big names this year. Not a whole lot of upgrades at positions of need, so not worth spending the big bucks this year. At least, IMO.

Other teams offseasons i've liked- Rams, Ravens, and Giants.

stephenson86
03-06-2009, 02:30 PM
yes, we didnt over pay and we added some servicable/good players

HawkeyeFan
03-06-2009, 02:33 PM
No, we need more and we're being waiting for a Safety by the name of James Butler to decide, and he's not even a Pro Bowler, move on to the other Free Agents.

nepg
03-06-2009, 02:34 PM
The Pats are doing a great job getting stop-gaps in place so they can take high-ceiling players in the draft. This is a crappy draft class...you're not going to find a lot of guys that have high potential that can play at a high level right away... It's either getting a guy that can help you out now, but not really improve much beyond what he is or a high potential guy that can probably only help on special teams and special packages for awhile...
________
HEAD SHOP (http://headshop.net/)

Pacific
03-06-2009, 02:37 PM
I personally am happy with the Packers policy towards free agency. A lot of people will complain about Ted Thompson and his impossible to pry open wallet but I would rather build through the draft then overpay on a mediocre class of free agents.

keylime_5
03-06-2009, 02:38 PM
I was hoping that the new regime would build through the draft like the Steelers and Colts and a few other teams do, and so far that looks to be the case. We haven't done anything exciting, but I'm not dissatisfied with the offseason so far that's for sure.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
03-06-2009, 02:38 PM
I like what the Jets have done. They have been willing to go and get players that fill voids, and some that know the new system. I much prefer this to sitting around and being passive. I love Bart Scotts enthusiasm, and having a guy like him to rally the troops and that knows the system is a very big boost. The difference between not having and having him should be considerable. Leohnard is a nice guy to get because he knows the system and is at least on par with Elam. Sheppard is a guy i've always liked, and hopefully he has a chip on his shoulder to show he was treated unfairly by the Eagles. He should be leaps and bounds better than any #2 we've had lately.

All good additions in my mind.

DI
03-06-2009, 02:40 PM
You'll find no complaints from me.. Loved the Boley and Bernard signings. Think Boley is going to flourish here as a blitzing/attacking linebacker and I think the Bernard signing gives us great depth at tackle.. The Canty signing blew me away.. Didn't see that coming but when I read that he didn't want to leave the east coast, I had a good feeling and I feel he'll be a beast for us.. and then C.C. Brown.. under the radar quality signing, something that JR seems to perfect.. he'll compete with Michael Johnson to start at strong safety and will form a very formidable 3 man safety group with Kenny Phillips as well.. Overall, job well done Mr. Reese

the decider13
03-06-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm kind of happy with what the Broncos have done. I really like the signing of Dawkins to bring some veteran leadership to a crappy defense. I think we overpaid Goodman, which is really no different from us overpaying Bly. The Hill and Buckhalter signings were good, but I feel that they signed too many runningbacks. It doesn't seem like Hillis is going to get a fair shake, and I really liked what I saw out of him last year. They added some good D line depth, but really no one outstanding. Enough players to improve the defense, and let them build through the draft.

Overall, I'd give them a B, B+ tops

Menardo75
03-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah i'll second the liking of the 49ers off-season. Re-signing Spikes, and Rossum were both great moves.

PACKmanN
03-06-2009, 02:49 PM
yes, I like the idea if they are not worth what they are going to get then forget them. Plus we will be resigning our own guys who have proven they can play in our system.

CashmoneyDrew
03-06-2009, 02:51 PM
I like what the Titans have done so far. Hopefully we'll sign another CB and maybe a LB or something before the draft. I also haven't heard anything about our backup o-lineman so hopefully we re-sign them as well.

wonderbredd24
03-06-2009, 02:51 PM
I was hoping that the new regime would build through the draft like the Steelers and Colts and a few other teams do, and so far that looks to be the case. We haven't done anything exciting, but I'm not dissatisfied with the offseason so far that's for sure.

Personally, I love what the Browns are doing. Kokinis' big claim to fame was his scouting of other teams players and he's taking his time and not overpaying for people. The Browns have only signed two players who are likely backups, but for very reasonable contracts.

Mike Adams for 3 years, $4.1 million seems like a steal for how well he played last year.

I hope the Browns can also sign Leigh Bodden and CJ Mosely.

Diehard
03-06-2009, 03:17 PM
It doesn't seem like Hillis is going to get a fair shake, and I really liked what I saw out of him last year.

"Fair shake"? The FB has a role in McDaniels' offense, just not a big one. Hillis won't start but I expect he'll still contribute as FB and perhaps also H-Back/TE.

We were in need of a defensive overhaul and we got it. No one particularly outstanding, but enough experienced players to tide us over while we draft and develop their replacements. On offense, we added some role players and guys familiar with the new system.

Despite the panic around some of the fan favorites, it seems like the new additions will bring a fair amount of stability that was sorely lacking last year. I like what've they've tried to do so far... it will be interesting to see how things play out in the draft.

The_Dude
03-06-2009, 03:18 PM
In a word.... NO!

Bills2083
03-06-2009, 03:23 PM
No, I am not happy at all.
We've had 12 or 13 visits so far, and 3 signings. Yes, 3.
And those three players were backups last season.

We have not improved at all. As usual, next season doesn't look promising for the Bills.
They need to stop dicking around with this no-gm ****. It doesn't work. We need to get rid of Jauron and his coordinators. This organization is messed up from top to bottom.

the decider13
03-06-2009, 03:27 PM
"Fair shake"? The FB has a role in McDaniels' offense, just not a big one. Hillis won't start but I expect he'll still contribute as FB and perhaps also H-Back/TE.

We were in need of a defensive overhaul and we got it. No one particularly outstanding, but enough experienced players to tide us over while we draft and develop their replacements. On offense, we added some role players and guys familiar with the new system.

Despite the panic around some of the fan favorites, it seems like the new additions will bring a fair amount of stability that was sorely lacking last year. I like what've they've tried to do so far... it will be interesting to see how things play out in the draft.

The defensive overhaul was good, no doubt. It is a more stable group of guys. No one stellar, but no real slackers. Gives them more flexibility in the draft. Hopefully they can grab some guys that can become amazing, but there isn't as much pressure on them having to turn the team around themselves.

I just hope that McDaniels makes some room for Hillis in the passing game. Because if he is looking for a pure blocking FB, he won't really get that out of Hillis. I was pretty excited when we drafted Hillis last year, so i don't want to see him sit on the bench all year :(

Staubach12
03-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Step 1: Let your best DE walk
Step 2: Sign an old LB who will differ little from the old one you just let walk
Step 3: Release a burnt out QB you never should have signed in the first place
Step 4: Trade a talented corner for another burnt out QB
Step 5: Release one of the only players on your team who actually has heart
Step 6: Release a horrible safety who should have been let go years ago

How could this go wrong?

bearfan
03-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Chicago Bears took the ***** approach. Im not saying they should be out there signing every free agent possible, or even go after the huge superstars, but getting solid players to fill some holes would have been nice.

Young Legend
03-06-2009, 03:36 PM
As a Raider fan YES.better then last years spending spree.

vikes_28
03-06-2009, 03:37 PM
The Vikings haven't done anything. They have let their fan favorite center go. They signed an old full-back, which was good, but wasn't really up to par. They missed out on a WR that would have helped us. And we wasted a 4th round draft pick on a younger version of what we had all season. Thank you Brad ******* Childress.

BeerBaron
03-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Ha....the Bears and FA is a joke.

Like seriously....it's good we don't act like the Redskins and just throw money at anything that moves every year, but it gets annoying with how slow we are. Our only signing to date is Frank Omiyale who we paid something like 4 years, 15 mil to....for a 6'4 310 OT with 1 career start...yeesh. Word is we want him as a RT in case we can't resign St. Clair and if we do resign St. Clair, we'll probably have him compete for the RG spot.

Thats our one big move.

I'm glad we didn't overpay for someone like Housh or Dev Henderson, or someone old like Dawkins, but it would be kind of nice to get a move on by signing some mid level guys.

Leonard Weaver would be a great mid-level FA pickup. So would getting a veteran backup QB like Batch or someone...I know the staff likes Caleb Hanie but I'd rather not go into next year with the main backup to KO being a 2nd year UDFA.

The only other move I've even heard us associated with is possibly bringing back Kevin Jones. fml.

thetedginnshow
03-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Love our approach.

PoopSandwich
03-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Actually, yes... The Browns didn't go around signing everyone. I like that Mangini is going to try to build through the draft. I am upset that K2 is gone but I understand the move. Hopefully we can get a couple more draft picks and get rid of all the problems.

JonasBlane
03-06-2009, 04:04 PM
The Steelers took the same approach they always take, which has obviously been successful in the past. The thing that kind of puzzles me about our offseason stragety, is that we refuse to overpay for any of our own guys... With the exception of our own crappy OLineman. Sure Starks was pretty good, but not $8million or so good. Kemo shouldn't be a starter, yet we're paying him starters cash. I think we should have tried to bring somebody in. I liked that we showed serious interest in Saturday, who would have played guard for us, but I would have liked for us to pursue some more OL talent in the FA period. Letting Nate go was a classic Steelers move, and it was the right one. Very similar to Randle El a few years ago, he got paid well above his value to us, so we let him walk. McFadden remains to be seen, hopefully his asking price goes down and we can resign him. I really hope we can get Starks done long term at a cheaper price than the franchise rate.

JRTPlaya21
03-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Hmm...The Redskins overpaid three players. I can't really complain because it always happens.

Komp
03-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Raiders - This season is 10x better than last year. We kept our two best proven talents in Nnamdi and Lechler, as well as resigned a CB who is perfect for our scheme (Chris Johnson). We cut Harris and made Javon restructure his contract. By doing almost nothing in FA but rewarding current players we have done well.

CC.SD
03-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Dude it's been so awesome. The only way I'd say we could improve this 8-8 squad would be to cut LT. That'd be fun because he could join Rodney Harrison, Drew Brees, Michael Turner and Wes Welker in the "recent players the Bolts were just too good to get any compensation at all for" club.

BeerBaron
03-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Dude it's been so awesome. The only way I'd say we could improve this 8-8 squad would be to cut LT. That'd be fun because he could join Rodney Harrison, Drew Brees, Michael Turner and Wes Welker in the "recent players the Bolts were just too good to get any compensation at all for" club.

Lolz...and you can add to that list Olshansky now.

CC.SD
03-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Lolz...and you can add to that list Olshansky now.

Ehhh it was time for Igor to go, he has a role to play on a D but ultimately not too unhappy about his departure.

BeerBaron
03-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Ehhh it was time for Igor to go, he has a role to play on a D but ultimately not too unhappy about his departure.

Really good 3-4 ends can be tough to find and he seemed like one of the better ones.

tjsunstein
03-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Someone should tell Ted Thompson that free agency started.
Just Kidding.

I like what Thompson does in free agency. You rarely see bad contracts given out by Green Bay. Plus, we have guys of our own to bring back.

CC.SD
03-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Really good 3-4 ends can be tough to find and he seemed like one of the better ones.

He was kind of headed in that direction but just stopped improving. Luis Castillo had a down year but I wouldn't swap him for Igor under any scenario.

BeerBaron
03-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Someone should tell Ted Thompson that free agency started.
Just Kidding.

I like what Thompson does in free agency. You rarely see any contracts given out by Green Bay. Plus, we have guys of our own to bring back.

Fixed it for ya, lol

roidrunner
03-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Im not really happy with how free agency is going for the pack. When it seems like the pack need to go out and make a move to help the team, TT sits on his hands and waits and all the players that could help the team most, go to the other teams. Its quite disappointing.

vidae
03-06-2009, 09:46 PM
I guess the Cassel/Vrabel trade wasn't bad but other than that, not really. The Chiefs aren't well known for big FA moves. I was hoping we would have tried to sign Canty or Igor but oh well.

tjsunstein
03-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Fixed it for ya, lol

Appreciate it.

RaiderNation
03-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Yes because we arnt wasting money on players that dont deserve it( so far anyways). We also restructured a few contracts that gives us a good amount of cap room. We also got rid of Kwame Harris which is always a plus.

Id still like to see us go after a OT. It looks like Barnes isnt going to sign with us :(. He left Oakland without a contract today so it looks like another team will land him.

The Unseen
03-06-2009, 11:59 PM
The Jaguars have done pretty much nothing. meh. I'll take a wait-and-see approach on this one.

holt_bruce81
03-07-2009, 12:12 AM
No, we need more and we're being waiting for a Safety by the name of James Butler to decide, and he's not even a Pro Bowler, move on to the other Free Agents.

Rams signed a great Center, resigned a very good cornerback and are on the verge of getting a strong safety that is waaaay better than their previous one. I would say it's been a very good free agency period so far for the Rams. A 2-14 team with 10 billion needs isn't going to fix the hole team during one free agency period.

LonghornsLegend
03-07-2009, 12:35 AM

Was there a reason you guys didn't franchise Turner? At least I don't think you did, I'm just confused as to why you would franchise Sproles so quick yet Turner who is a workhorse got away...I know it's hindsight 20/20, but if AJ felt the need to franchise Sproles I don't see why he wouldn't for Turner.

Step 3: Release a burnt out QB you never should have signed in the first place
Step 6: Release a horrible safety who should have been let go years ago

So how are these considered bad moves? I can't believe some of you are so down on FA so far, but while were at it, what would you have liked to of done differently?

kmartin575
03-07-2009, 12:41 AM
I guess the Cassel/Vrabel trade wasn't bad but other than that, not really. The Chiefs aren't well known for big FA moves. I was hoping we would have tried to sign Canty or Igor but oh well.

Yep, what can you say. Clark Hunt is a cheap ass.

bearfan
03-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Was there a reason you guys didn't franchise Turner? At least I don't think you did, I'm just confused as to why you would franchise Sproles so quick yet Turner who is a workhorse got away...I know it's hindsight 20/20, but if AJ felt the need to franchise Sproles I don't see why he wouldn't for Turner.

Maybe because LT was showing wear and tear this year, where as the previous years he seemed fit as a fiddle. With health concerns, and the emerged play of Sproles I can definantly see why he was franchised, because if your stud RB is not 100% why not ensure you have a proven guy that knows the system.

Crickett
03-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Yes, I'm very happy with what the Jets did this offseason. The only things I'm not happy about was cutting Brandon Moore go (and they resigned him, so cutting him was irrelevant) and letting C.J. Mosley go (which is very minor). Otherwise I'm happy with every move they made. Signing Bart Scott, Jim Leonhard and Lito Sheppard are each huge upgrades for the Jets at need positions. Okay, so maybe Leonhard is only a moderate upgrade. Still helps.

The Jets got Coles to agree to unguaranteeing his money so he could walk and in the process let the Jets cut a player who's pay wasn't matching his production.

At this point,

1. Draft a #1 wide receiver in the first round
2. Add some depth guys at positions where they are at bit thin (DE, ILB, OL, WR, TE)
3. Go almost pure BPA for the rest of the draft after getting the WR.

is the most I could even wish for from here on out.

D-Unit
03-07-2009, 01:33 AM
I personally am happy with the Packers policy towards free agency. A lot of people will complain about Ted Thompson and his impossible to pry open wallet but I would rather build through the draft then overpay on a mediocre class of free agents.
Not all of them have been mediocre FAs. There are moves you guys could've made and I would argue needed to make. Building through the draft is all fine and dandy, but at what success rate do you think you'd need to make and how many years in a row do you have to hit at that rate to have a SB caliber contender? FA is a must in today's NFL.

Xonraider
03-07-2009, 02:24 AM
Pretty happy with the Raiders so far. Cut who needed to be cut, restructured 3 contracts, resigned Cooper Carslile, Nnamdi, Chris Johnson and Shane Lechler... very close to signing Khalif Barnes. I hope we didn't cut Gibril but w/e... lets just hope we don't get TO

D-Unit
03-07-2009, 02:52 AM
I'm gonna take a different approach and grade my division rivals' moves.

Redskins - Gotta aplaud Snyder for the size of his balls. No wait... this is more the case of small man syndrome. You know.. the guy with the big monster truck who steps out and is 4 ft tall? haha... $100M for Al? OK, so he won the jackpot... he as in Haynesworth. As for Snyder and the Skins, I gotta be honest... there is real upside for this signing. Remember MB3 running down their throats eating up the rest of the clock for the win? I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen now. The Skins have always had what I thought was a patchwork DL. It worked from time to time, but was always inconsistent and never reliable. I've criticized Snyder in the past for big money signings for unwarranted players, but this year.... I like what he's done. Between Haynesworth and Hall, that's a lot of money to dole out, but the defense should step forward as the risk here is very minimal. We know the talent is legit. The only downside is the cost. So while the price is high, the improvement is sure.

Grade: A

Giants - Maybe someone can explain it better to me, but I just don't understand what is the logic behind these moves. Michael Boley, 5yr/25M? Really? I understand the need for a SLB, but this came at too high a cost for a player who is just expected to fill the role adequately. I guess Kaluka Maiava is out of the picture now.. Sorry... I had to BBD. ;) Yes, Boley is in the prime of his career, but he hasn't really done anything outstanding in his career. But that seems to be the spending trend for the G-Men this offseason. Overspending on players who have yet to do anything outstanding in their careers. I loved what Canty brought to the table... in his rookie season. Since then, every offseason I forced myself to believe that THIS will be the year when he emerges as one of the best 3-4 DEs in the league.... well, he stayed in neutral and never found the next gear. He has grown and filled out his frame to the point where he is a man of intimidating stature, but he still leaves a lot to be desired. Now that he's changing roles, changing schemes, there is a lot of uncertainty in this signing. With uncertainty, there is hope... but there should also be honest concern. I don't think the Giants can honestly feel like they have the answer they need. I think they thought, "Yes! We signed Canty for less than half the cost that Haynesworth went for." But I think they got suckered. 5yr/$42M is a hefty price tag. So hefty that he's getting paid more than Umenyiora and Tuck. And that's not even the worst part. They signed him after signing another DT, Rocky Bernard. I understand the Giants love their Defensive Line, but this is over the top. ...and it will affect their ability to address other areas. Their number 2 objective should have been/and was resigning Jacobs and they did that, so that was great....especially with a contract that ends when he's 30. But their number 1 objective imo was addressing WR. Plaxico is in too much hot water. Even if he is freed by the law (which is still uncertain), Goddell is sure to bring the hammer down on him. We all saw that even with Jacobs, the offense was inept without Plax in the line up. A rookie WR will not fill those needs... not in the time frame the Giants need him to. This is a team that has had as many troubled characters as any in the league and guess what they did this offseason? They added two women beaters in Bernard and Boley. So yeah... I'm confused.

Grade: B-

Eagles - The Eagles are going backwards fast. The loss of Brian Dawkins, Tra Thomas, Sean Considine, LJ Smith, and Correl Buckhalter have to hurt. Sure, they picked up some hope in Sean Jones, but that's a big downgrade from Dawkins. They just lost the heart of their defense. And in Thomas, McNabb just lost his security blanket in the guy who has been covering the blind side of his ass for as long as he can remember. WR is still a concern and they got even worse after losing Greg Lewis to the Pats. I can't see how Lewis is not good enough for the Eagles, but he is good enough for the Pats. They then missed out on Housh and Coles. 2 guys that could've immediately helped their cause. They might as well start Kolb at QB because they've wiped their slate clean. It's clear in their message that valued veterans are no longer of use in the direction of the team. Hope they enjoyed thier playoff run, because that window has just been shut closed.

Grade: D-

dan77733
03-11-2009, 02:50 PM
49ers -

Happy about resigning Takeo Spikes and Allen Rossum. Was hoping for Sproles but after he was franchised, that obviously wasnt going to happen.

Happy about the Moran Norris signing as he will help our power running game that we will now be running.

Brandon Jones signing is 50/50 at best. Have to wait and see how he does as a 49er. Personally, would have re-signed Bryant Johnson as he seemed to come on strong once Hill became the starter.

Signing Damon Huard was a solid move as he gives us the veteran QB that we need to be the third stringer. Huard is an improvement over Dilfer, Sullivan, Martin and whoever else we had in the last few years.

Demetric Evans will be a backup / role player at best.

Would have liked to see SF resign DT Ronald Fields for depth and wanted a RT and a pass rushing OLB but those who were available werent worth the money.

Just hoping we can get a RT and a pass rushing OLB in the first two rounds of the draft and I will be a happy camper.

gpngc
03-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Ruskell did a good job in free agency IMO. Re-signed Willis, franchised Hill (still need a long-term deal), picked up a blocking TE, Cole, and Housh.

There's still a long way to go though. JP could be a possible June 1st cut.

And my personal opinion of this free agency period will all come down to #4. If we pass on Crab, I'll blame Housh and hate the signing.

UKfan
03-11-2009, 03:18 PM
The Colts don't believe in Free Ageny, like Santa Claus...

CC.SD
03-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Yes, because Kevin Burnett>Ray Lewis. Seriously it's nice to see Ray Ray flounder around in FA for a while and then come home with a guy who has never started before. Championship! I'm glad a lot of people seem to like Burnett, and I'm hopeful, but there's still no comparison.

Mr. Stiller
03-11-2009, 04:22 PM
The Colts don't believe in Free Ageny, like Santa Claus...

A lot of people don't realize this but...

3 out of the last 4 superbowl winners haven't signed a Free Agent yet (Not including their own FA's).

NYG signed a FA while Indy hasn't even hosted any. Pitt hadn't hosted any until this week with Joey Galloway and Chris Carr. Those two would be excellent additions.

Galloway for mentorship and failsafe for Sweed. Carr Challenges *** for the NB Spot and is our starting KR/PR.

Allowing Pitt to focus on OL/DL/LB/FB and WR in their draft.

LonghornsLegend
03-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Yes, because Kevin Burnett>Ray Lewis. Seriously it's nice to see Ray Ray flounder around in FA for a while and then come home with a guy who has never started before. Championship! I'm glad a lot of people seem to like Burnett, and I'm hopeful, but there's still no comparison.

You guys will be very pleased with Burnett if he can stay healthy...Nothing major to say he won't but he was knicked up quite a bit in his role on passing downs, but quite frankly I wanted to see him get his shot...Very athletic, can cover as good as any ILB in the 3-4, and has nice range, having Jamal Williams up front is only going to help because he's not a thumper.

Who is going to be playing next to him inside?

SaintsFanForLife
03-11-2009, 05:31 PM
I like what we have done I just hope we are not done. We need to sign a FS.

CC.SD
03-11-2009, 06:19 PM
You guys will be very pleased with Burnett if he can stay healthy...Nothing major to say he won't but he was knicked up quite a bit in his role on passing downs, but quite frankly I wanted to see him get his shot...Very athletic, can cover as good as any ILB in the 3-4, and has nice range, having Jamal Williams up front is only going to help because he's not a thumper.

Who is going to be playing next to him inside?

Stephen Cooper, last seen reading Peyton's mind. He started off his career as a run thumping backup ILB but has developed into a playmaker in coverage and overall good linebacker. Not a wower, but he's solid everywhere and can move through traffic and shed blocks, so tough to complain.

Good report on Burnett, I'd like to see him really break out but even if he's just a role player we could seriously use a coverage backer; TEs have destroyed us over the middle since Donnie Edwards left.

BlindSite
03-11-2009, 06:22 PM
I wish the Panthers had of kept Hangartner, no matter what anyone says we're going to miss a guy who has started in his career at RG, LG and C and did relatively well as a stop gap.

We need some DT help as well.

Methinks the Lucas release is paving the way for something.

Young Nasty Man
03-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Jets fans are happy people

CC.SD
03-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Jets fans are happy people

Not in my experience :D

Calvin & Kevin
03-11-2009, 06:31 PM
For the Lions... it could be better and it could be worse. If you take for granted that no true star FA is even going to consider them, then you'd have to say they've at least gotten off to a decent start, but they have more work to do for sure.

They've shown that they realize our secondary is in a true emergency situation and are doing their best to address it with Buchanon and Henry and others. They got a legit backup RB, a decent #2 WR and a DT who should at least be able to help against the run.

They still really need linebacking help, certainly, and depending on their draft plan they should get a backup QB or LT - whichever one they're NOT planning to use the #1 pick on.

D-Unit
03-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Cut Pacman Jones. Win.
Cut Terrell Owens. Win some/Lose some.
Cut Roy Williams. Win.

Tender Miles Austin. Win.
Tender Sam Hurd. Win.
Tender Corey Procter. Fail.

Signed Keith Brooking. Win. Cheap. Played for Wade. Alternative: Pay Ray Lewis waaaaaaay more.
Signed Igor Olshansky. Win. Cheap. Played for Wade. Alternative: Pay Chris Canty waaaaaaay more.
Signed Gerald Sensabaugh. Tie. Cheap. Played under Campo (DAL Secondary Coach) in JAX. Alternative: Could've done worse. Any opinions on how they could've done better? Keep in mind, Dallas was courting Igor the same time Philly was courting Sean Jones... and Jones has no familiarity with the D.

Will resign Demarcus Ware. WINNER! WINNER! CHICKEN DINNER!

I'll give them an A. I've been satisfied. The vision for winning looks clearer today than at the start of FA.