PDA

View Full Version : Haloti Ngata vs Albert Haynesworth

dregolll
03-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Both of these guys are flat monsters on the interior, with that said, if both these players were in the same draft and take into account their measurables(Height/Weight/strength,ratio)which DT/NT would grade out the highest and be drafted the highest. Now please don't factor in the careers that they are having currently, this is based on coming into the draft.

Burger
03-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Ngata was god comming into the draft. Haloti was just redicious.

Rayray52
03-07-2009, 11:47 PM
I cant think of a more pointless thread...

CashmoneyDrew
03-07-2009, 11:49 PM
I'm pretty sure they were both juniors when they came out. I believe Ngata was the first DT taken in his draft while Haynesworth was the third. Both pretty similar size. Both pretty similar skill set. Both versatile. I'd say prospect wise, Ngata was maybe slightly ahead of Haynesworth. I don't think Ngata had the character concerns Haynesworth had when coming out.

SaintsFanForLife
03-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Ngata would be my choice. Great player.

twista6002
03-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Based on what I saw from them in college, I'd go with Ngata. Dude was a flat out tyrant.

TitanHope
03-08-2009, 12:51 AM
I'm pretty sure they were both juniors when they came out. I believe Ngata was the first DT taken in his draft while Haynesworth was the third. Both pretty similar size. Both pretty similar skill set. Both versatile. I'd say prospect wise, Ngata was maybe slightly ahead of Haynesworth. I don't think Ngata had the character concerns Haynesworth had when coming out.

Yup, Haynesworth, John Henderson, and...Richard Seymour?

*goes to Google*

Frickin' Ryan Sims?! Seriously?... Dang...

In fact, some dude named Wendell Bryant went before Fat Al too...

Anyway, I think it's Ngata easily. Haynesworth was raw coming out of college, and had character concerns,

CashmoneyDrew
03-08-2009, 12:56 AM
Yup, Haynesworth, John Henderson, and...Richard Seymour?

*goes to Google*

Frickin' Ryan Sims?! Seriously?... Dang...

In fact, some dude named Wendell Bryant went before Fat Al too...

Anyway, I think it's Ngata easily. Haynesworth was raw coming out of college, and had character concerns,

Damn, I forgot about Wendell Bryant. Lolz. Epic fail on the Chiefs and Cardinals part.

If Haynesworth had stayed for his senior year he could've potentially challenged for being the #1 pick the next year. I'm pretty sure he would've went top 5 at least.

TitanHope
03-08-2009, 01:12 AM
If Haynesworth had stayed for his senior year he could've potentially challenged for being the #1 pick the next year. I'm pretty sure he would've went top 5 at least.

Yup, probably to the Jets at #4, as they took Dwayne Robertson. Albert was a steal for us at 15 too, especially after trading down.

Also, don't look back on the Titans '03 Draft unless you wanna cray. Our best pick was Chris Brown with Donnie Nickey as the runner up... :(

CashmoneyDrew
03-08-2009, 01:13 AM
Yup, probably to the Jets at #4, as they took Dwayne Robertson.

Also, don't look back on the Titans '03 Draft unless you wanna cray. Our best pick was Chris Brown with Donnie Nickey as the runner up... :(

That draft was epic fail.

Andre Woolfolk
Tyrone Calico
Chris Brown
Donnie Nickey
Todd Williams
And some other epic fail douche I can't remember.

umphrey
03-08-2009, 05:09 AM
Who cares about them as prospects.

Really, it's pretty close, but I'd take Ngata in a second because he's more consistent and reliable. Haynesworth is kind of screwed up mentally, IMO. There's only a little evidence of this, but personally I think he has more problems than we've seen, ranging from motivation issues to anger problems.

The Unseen
03-08-2009, 06:55 AM
dregolll loves talking about DTs, doesn't he? Who the hell is this guy? He comes around every six months to ask who's the better DT.

BradysKnee
03-08-2009, 08:17 AM
There is a lot of Ngata threads/love :S.

Saints-Tigers
03-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Who cares about them as prospects.

Really, it's pretty close, but I'd take Ngata in a second because he's more consistent and reliable. Haynesworth is kind of screwed up mentally, IMO. There's only a little evidence of this, but personally I think he has more problems than we've seen, ranging from motivation issues to anger problems.

I wish I had a 320 man with anger issues on my team :(

21ST
03-08-2009, 05:28 PM
I wish I had a 320 man with anger issues on my team :(

im pretty happy abou it

twista6002
03-08-2009, 06:11 PM
im pretty happy abou it

Yea but the Eagles have a 340 lb bipolar guy who could neutralize him ;)

HokiesSkins2621
03-08-2009, 09:49 PM
How can you not pick Haynesworth here? He is a freaking beast. It wouldn't suprise me if he had 10+ sacks next year. He's that good!

Haynesworth>Ngata.

TimD
03-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Ngata was god comming into the draft. Haloti was just redicious.

i'm confused...

CashmoneyDrew
03-08-2009, 10:34 PM
How can you not pick Haynesworth here? He is a freaking beast. It wouldn't suprise me if he had 10+ sacks next year. He's that good!

Haynesworth>Ngata.

Did you even read the original question?

TimD
03-08-2009, 10:41 PM
someone should move this thread to the nfl draft forum

HokiesSkins2621
03-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Did you even read the original question?

Yes I did.

Did you? Still bitter I see.

Shiver
03-08-2009, 11:18 PM
I would take Ngata. He has been the anchor of the Ravens' dominant run defense, he's extended Ray Lewis' career (once thought to be ending about three years ago), and he doesn't come with the baggage that Haynesworth does. He is younger, but that's just icing on the proverbial cake.

Brothgar
03-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Yes I did.

Ummm... Wat? The question was (essentially) who was the better prospect coming out (in the draft). So the 10+ sacks last season doesn't have anything to do with it. When they were both coming out I'd take Haloti in a slim margin namely character.

CashmoneyDrew
03-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Yes I did.

Apparently you didn't because the question was who would you take as a prospect if they were in the same draft class and ignoring their pro careers thus far. Ngata was definitely the better prospect.

Is this really the best you had? Swing harder next time.

steelersfan43
03-08-2009, 11:34 PM
Yes I did.

You suck at reading then.

Haynesworth isnt going to try next year, have fun with that.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Yes I did.

FAIL!!!!!!

dcarey20
03-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Where was all this Ngata love during 2006? All I remember is Brod Bunkley hype and people continually questioning his work ethic. The fact that the dude went 12th is ridiculous. He should have been a top 10 lock, probably top 5. The fact that the Raiders took a guy like Michael Huff at 7 over him is hilarious.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Where was all this Ngata love during 2006? All I remember is Brod Bunkley hype and people continually questioning his work ethic. The fact that the dude went 12th is ridiculous. He should have been a top 10 lock, probably top 5. The fact that the Raiders took a guy like Michael Huff at 7 over him is hilarious.

You can't look back on the draft of 06 knowing what you know now. I mean look at the guys who went in front of him. Super Mario, Reggie Bush, and VY were all locks to be the first 3 guys taken in the draft. D'Brick was an excellent pick and franchise LT. AJ Hawk was one of the better LB prospects in a while. Vernon Davis was thought to have the ability to revolutionize the position although I still have hopes for him. Michael Huff was an excellent safety prospect. Donte Whitner was the one reach at the time. Ernie Sims is a monster, and the last 2 guys taken before Ngata Cutler and Leinart were franchise QB's in scouts eyes. It's not amazing that Ngata dropped to 12 with all of those players who went before him which at the time made sense. Sure looking back on it now Ngata and Super Mario would be the top 2 players from that draft, but that's just like saying it's amazing how the Raiders took Darren McFadden over Chris Johnson. At the time of the draft taking Johnson over McFadden had zero percent chance. Ngata is a monster and top 5 defender in the NFL but his development was seriously aided by stepping in day 1 with a defined role surrounded by so many great defenders/leaders and multiple future HOF's.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-09-2009, 12:17 PM

I am happy with where he landed;)