PDA

View Full Version : Cup O' Noodles Study

trkaline
03-08-2009, 07:50 AM
Ok, I'm doing a study in large part to save money, but I am also curious as to how my body will react and what other changes if any will occur during this study. I haven't set a time limit on this yet but starting tomorrow, I'm going to eat cup of noodles every day every other week and eat regular the other two weeks...I wanna know if anybody knows if there would be any potential side effects to the sodium I will be ingesting on noodle weeks?

j05son
03-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Drink water to neutralize the sodium. Potassium should also help.

bernbabybern820
03-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Meaning you're going to replace a meal with a cup o' noodles or eat that the whole day? If you're just going to replace one meal there won't be any noticeable effects.

Brent
03-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Your liver and kidneys are going to hate you.

BeerBaron
03-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Take some multi-vitamins while your eating just the noodles. Theres really nothing to them to help you that way....

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Cup O noodles suck. They are prison food(or job corps food). I do not think it will have any effect on you because we seen people eat so many of them in job corps.

vikes_28
03-08-2009, 12:25 PM
I live off of that stuff man.

GOB
03-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Ramen Noodles Pwn You.

Hamptorf
03-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Cup-O-Noodles is the breakfast, lunch and dinner Of champions

and if you sprinkle a little granulated sugar on them they can also be the dessert

josh07039
03-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Take some multi-vitamins while your eating just the noodles. Theres really nothing to them to help you that way....Isn't the point to see how his body is affected from just eating Cup O noodles? Wouldn't supplementing the noodles with vitamins defeat the purpose?

MetSox17
03-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Isn't the point to see how his body is affected from just eating Cup O noodles? Wouldn't supplementing the noodles with vitamins defeat the purpose?

Correct.

If, in fact, you are doing this mainly for research purposes, eat the noodles, and nothing else. You're not gonna have accurate findings if you start taking vitamins to make up for what you're not eating. I think water should be the only thing allowed.

yourfavestoner
03-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Make sure to add garlic salt mmmmmmmm.

YAYareaRB
03-08-2009, 05:06 PM
You'll end up getting a scholarship to Idaho State University.. or at least that's what THEY told me.

twista6002
03-08-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm on a student budget too and I tried that and got sick of it after a few months. PB + J is cheap and so is instant rice.

CJSchneider
03-08-2009, 05:56 PM
I ate like a King in college - Montgomery/ G.I. Bill FTW

trkaline
03-08-2009, 06:06 PM
It'll cost about 66 cents a day to eat which would make room in my budget because I have quite a few things that I need to do to my car, and I do want to see how long before I'm sick of them but it may take a bit longer since I'm only doing this Bi-Weekly.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-08-2009, 06:10 PM
I don't see how you would get sick of them when you will not be eating them for 2 weeks then eating them again. It would be worth doing(as a study) if you were just eating the noodles

thetedginnshow
03-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Ramen > cup o noodles

And I'm eating ramen right now. Welcome to the life of half the kids in college.

YAYareaRB
03-08-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm anticipating my college diet will consist of Bananas, Ramen Noodles, and Water.

In my financial aid statement attached to my LOI, they say they are providing meal plan B. To my understanding, it's a card where I can use at any ISU cafeteria/eating venue. Hopefully it hold my fat ass over.

Brent
03-08-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm anticipating my college diet will consist of Bananas, Ramen Noodles, and Water.

In my financial aid statement attached to my LOI, they say they are providing meal plan B. To my understanding, it's a card where I can use at any ISU cafeteria/eating venue. Hopefully it hold my fat ass over.
If you eat the three you listed above you will not be performing well. I figured they would teach you about diet, as an athlete.

CJSchneider
03-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the life of half the kids in college.

That's why you join the military prior to college. After 4 years of MRE's - a diet consisting of Cup-O-Noodles would rock.

wicket
03-08-2009, 07:37 PM
dont buy that kinda noodles, buy the chinese stuff, taste better, slightly better for you and WAY cheaper

The_Dude
03-08-2009, 09:20 PM

My advice to anyone going to college is: get a job in the food service industry. I had a job at a hotel/convention center in Madison where i would work for a little bit in the morning and eat free breakfast. I would usually have class & then return to work for lunch & eat free lunch. Then i would go back to class. At least twice a week i would also work dinner and eat for free there as well.

Not to mention raiding the fridge & pantry!!!

Loggerhead
03-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Bluto: My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Otter: Better listen to him, Flounder. He's pre-med.

tjsunstein
03-08-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm taking Intro to Nutrition this semester and this idea just makes me mad. And I'm not even a health freak. Just knowing the importance of a healthy diet influences a lot of what I eat and my physical activity. The purpose of this class was a few easy credits but its had more of an impact.