PDA

View Full Version : Smokey Joe's Football HighLight Tape

Smokey Joe
03-08-2009, 06:59 PM
I've been meaning to do this for a while, and I finally got around to completing it. I have finally uploaded my high school senior season highlight tape, and I am posting it here for all your enjoyment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OciM1vA-9Ww

OciM1vA-9Ww

I would like as much input as possible. I know I'm no kickmikehass, but guys like that only come around once in a lifetime.

Also, make sure you hit that HQ button, the difference in quality isn't even comparable.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-08-2009, 07:19 PM
You should put an arrow or spotlight on yourself to make you stand out more.

Smokey Joe
03-08-2009, 07:26 PM
I know, but I don't really know how.

YAYareaRB
03-08-2009, 07:31 PM
You're better than me.

Smokey Joe
03-08-2009, 07:38 PM
You're better than me.
don't be so modest. Not until I get my Big 10 scholarship after JuCo, I am not better then you ;) But seriously though, you're a D-IAA athlete. I'm not even close to being there yet.

Also, the youtube link is bigger so it's easier to spot me. It kind sucks for guards in highlight tapes. Most camera views are wide, and it's just a cluster in the trenches. At least with tackles you're on the edge over half the time.

Shane P. Hallam
03-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I wish I could see it better :( Very cool though!

I'll try to get Tres to give you a call ;)

Brent
03-08-2009, 07:46 PM
You must have a small high school. What classification is it?

Jakey
03-08-2009, 07:51 PM
I like the run blocking dude. Looks good!

Smokey Joe
03-08-2009, 07:53 PM
You must have a small high school. What classification is it?
What do you mean? We're 8A, which in the State of Illinois is the biggest.

Smokey Joe
03-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I wish I could see it better :( Very cool though!

I'll try to get Tres to give you a call ;)
For my JuCo (if I go that route, which I likely will) highlight tape, I'll hopefully get it professionally done with me in spot light and the rest of the frame dim. Or, at the very least arrows.

Also hopefully all the games will have both a tight and wide view, as well as a goalline.

Rob S
03-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Looks good bro.......your going to give me a kickback for that advice tho when u make it pro right?!?!? haha, j/k man.......keep up the hard work

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2009, 10:15 AM
I like the run blocking dude. Looks good!

Noticed you get a good push in the run blocking too, Smokey Joe. Noticed you seemed pretty nimble on a few of the screens you went out and blocked for, but "nimble" quickly flew out the window when you reached a defender;). I'm going to watch over this a few more times and tell you what I pick up on. I played Guard on O all the way up until my junior year, when I was moved to FB. Sadly I am too short... 5'8:(. I worked well at FB though, which was nice. I'm not used to seeing the ball, plus you get to do a lot of the things I did at line, just different technique and approach...

YAYareaRB
03-09-2009, 12:27 PM
For my JuCo (if I go that route, which I likely will) highlight tape, I'll hopefully get it professionally done with me in spot light and the rest of the frame dim. Or, at the very least arrows.

Also hopefully all the games will have both a tight and wide view, as well as a goalline.

What JuCo are you planning on attending?

Brent
03-09-2009, 12:48 PM
What do you mean? We're 8A, which in the State of Illinois is the biggest.
Really? I only asked because it didnt seem like there were a lot of people in the stands during the first couple of clips.

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Really? I only asked because it didnt seem like there were a lot of people in the stands during the first couple of clips.

I'm not sure, but I think I saw raindrops in a few of those, that really cuts down on attendance for any high school game, except where they are psycho about it.

TimD
03-09-2009, 02:23 PM
You created some monster holes. Good work man. Best of luck in the future.

Hollywood
03-09-2009, 02:23 PM
It's certainly better than this kid's highlight video:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28057

lol you should have seen some of the neg rep comments I got after telling this kid the truth...

eaglesalltheway
03-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Well you look really trim out there, especially for a guard, maybe that was tha angles though, but since you have your H/W it looks like it fits. I'm sure you know by now but you should gain some muscle, even though it looks like you can already tear people up in the run game. I can assume you have pretty good strength in your legs because there are a bunch of times where you latch onto a defender and he's just along for the ride.

You match up big-on-big well, and you also have the quickness and agility to be able to get to the LB, (even the CB or S, can't remember, on the screens)I saw that at least twice I think, both times, he was screwed... I can't really see what you're doing with your hands, but it looks like you have long arms, which I'm sure will help you...

I noticed your first step was a little inconsistent. Some times it would be very good, and other times, you got stood up, but you have enough strength that you could recover and handle your opponent.

My computer at home sucks, so I can't really watch it at home, which is where I am now, i'm just going off of what I rmember from what I saw when I was at work... Hopefully I can get some more looks at it.

sweetness34
03-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Smokey I can help you out if you need it. I'm very experienced in the editing field. Although distance would be a factor as I'd need the tape to get it into my computer lol. Let me know if you can't find someone to do it.

awfullyquiet
03-09-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm not sure, but I think I saw raindrops in a few of those, that really cuts down on attendance for any high school game, except where they are psycho about it.

illinois isn't texas, pennsylvania, ohio, or florida.

Brent
03-09-2009, 05:59 PM
I was about to ask why would rain stop you from going.

'cuse-213
03-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Nice vid! My camera guy for school was terrible. Some plays you wouldnt see either teams, made for some funny film sessions.

Smokey Joe
03-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Exactly. Illinois has some good high school football, but most people really don't seem to care much about it. The only football in Chicago that the majority of people care about are the Bears.

It's too bad to because at one point High School Football was HUGE in Chicago. The Prep Bowl (Chicago Catholic League winner vs. Chicago Public League winner) is played at Soldier Field at the game was always packed, with one game having something like 120,000 people in attandence (that game was way back though in the 1910's). However, the Prep Bowl now is basically a couple thousand people spread out on the sidelines, most of which are students and parents.

Right now the biggest High School Football game in Illinois is the Mt. Carmel vs. St. Rita game. That game gets at least 10,000 fans a year.

Our playoff game vs. Mt. Carmel was pretty cool as well. About 4-5 thousand in attendance I'd say. Both stands (and the stands are pretty big with probably a capacity of at least 2,000 at each) were jammed packed. Too bad we got our asses handed to us (I still think we would have won, or at least be a whole lot closer if we got to play on grass instead of that crappy ass field called Gately).

Smokey Joe
03-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Smokey I can help you out if you need it. I'm very experienced in the editing field. Although distance would be a factor as I'd need the tape to get it into my computer lol. Let me know if you can't find someone to do it.
Nah, it's okay for now. I already sent out my original copy of my highlight tape out a while ago to the JuCo's I was interested in. This version was just something I did for fun and out of boredom. However, for the one I do after JuCo, I will get professionally done by someone.

Smokey Joe
03-09-2009, 08:28 PM
What JuCo are you planning on attending?
Probably Harper in Paletine, IL but it depends on who they hire as their new HC.

YAYareaRB
03-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Probably Harper in Paletine, IL but it depends on who they hire as their new HC.

How's the player placement at Harper?

Brent
03-09-2009, 09:21 PM
That game gets at least 10,000 fans a year
That is how many seats the stadium at my HS had haha.

Smokey Joe
03-09-2009, 09:34 PM
That is how many seats the stadium at my HS had haha.
well Texas is on a whole different level, lol.

Smokey Joe
03-09-2009, 09:35 PM
How's the player placement at Harper?
Pretty good. Around 30 players a year go on to become scholarship athletes. They get recruited by a lot of MAC and some of the smaller BIG 10 and BIG 12 teams.

YAYareaRB
03-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Pretty good. Around 30 players a year go on to become scholarship athletes. They get recruited by a lot of MAC and some of the smaller BIG 10 and BIG 12 teams.

Good.. My mistake was staying home and going to this piece of **** JC. But I got a pretty good placement. I was gonna say if you're looking to go D-1, ALOT of Cali JCs place their guys everywhere. Snow JC in Utah and Butler are also great options. But I guess if you can get in where you fit in you'll go somewhere for sure.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2009, 02:26 PM

Even in certain parts of PA attendance is really low if there is rain or cold. When I was in school I was at every home game, no matter what though. Illinois sn't one of the psycho states though, haha.