PDA

View Full Version : Tuitama Arrested for DUI

Race for the Heisman
03-10-2009, 11:36 AM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/ua/articles/2009/03/09/20090309spt-tuitama.html

TUCSON - Former University of Arizona quarterback Willie Tuitama has been arrested on suspicion of extreme drunken driving.

Tucson police arrested Tuitama early Sunday after a McDonald's worker flagged down a police sergeant, saying a customer who just left the drive-through window might have been impaired.

Police spokesman Officer Chuck Rydzak says the officer saw Tuitama run a red light and pulled him over.

Tuitama was cited for running a red light and was arrested for DUI and extreme DUI.

He was released into the custody of a third person, and his car was impounded.

Tuitama completed his senior season as Arizona's starting quarterback this past season.

I know a few guys liked him as a sleeper. He's got a prior citation, too, as covered in a Rivals piece (won't post link; should be easy enough to find). Considering he was already sort of on the fringe I can't help but wonder if he gets drafted at all now.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-10-2009, 11:43 AM
I am waiting for APS to come in here and go nuts. He seems to think DUI's are worse than anything else. Not that I think it is not dangerous but I just think it is not as bad as he makes it

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
03-10-2009, 11:46 AM
What would be the level of BAC to be considered extreme DUI?

bored of education
03-10-2009, 11:46 AM
JBond :( TOOTY :(

he is one my fav late round Qb choices. i think dude COULD be a stud.

Maybe the Vikings can draft him and Alex Boone and they can live with Jared Allen

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-10-2009, 11:48 AM
I don't know a level but I say if you are falling to your car and you drive you probably are going to be extreme drunk driving.

ElectricEye
03-10-2009, 11:50 AM
X-TREME

Seriously, probably hurts his stock. Kinda liked him a bit.

ncst8fan83
03-10-2009, 11:59 AM

Extreme DUI = .15% or more

ThePudge
03-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Suspicion of extreme drunken driving? It's either suspicion or drunken driving, or obviously drunken driving.

bored of education
03-10-2009, 12:16 PM
its suspicion until they are found guilty in court

you dont just get a DUI, the suspicion is there with police evidence via field tests and breathalizer. you can go to court or just pay the fines and have it on your record.

Mr. Hero
03-10-2009, 12:52 PM
sucker, that's why you don't run red lights when you're too drunk to drive, I should seriously produce an educational video about how to drive drunk and not get caught for all of these dumbass athletes.

Brent
03-10-2009, 12:55 PM

you dont just get a DUI, the suspicion is there with police evidence via field tests and breathalizer. you can go to court or just pay the fines and have it on your record.
You have to do field sobriety but you can refuse breathalyzer. However, that will more than likely send you to jail for the night. Then they'll test you again when they release you.

Sveen
03-10-2009, 12:57 PM
That was a smart move on his part under two month before the Draft... He was already a borderline draftable prospect in my mind. Might have sealed his own faith right there.

bored of education
03-10-2009, 01:09 PM
You have to do field sobriety but you can refuse breathalyzer. However, that will more than likely send you to jail for the night. Then they'll test you again when they release you.

oh true true, i forgot you can refuse to take the breathalizer.

Babylon
03-10-2009, 01:21 PM

Or until found guilty in the court of public opinion.

lost33cause
03-10-2009, 01:50 PM
You can refuse the field test as well.

SMoore
03-10-2009, 02:32 PM
You can refuse the field test as well.

They take your license if you refuse any of the tests though. That would suck.

Menardo75
03-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Nice knowing you Willie.

Babylon
03-10-2009, 03:23 PM
FWIW Arizona (Phoenix specifically) is one of the worst states for drivers proceeding through an intersection on a red light. My cousin who drives truck in that part of the world says he counts 7 cars going through intersections on light changes.

'cuse-213
03-10-2009, 09:32 PM
sucker, that's why you don't run red lights when you're too drunk to drive, I should seriously produce an educational video about how to drive drunk and not get caught for all of these dumbass athletes.

I used to think like you. You will get caught my man. Maybe it will be 5 years from now, but its still a HUGE pain in the ass to deal with. Find a DD.

TT Gator
03-10-2009, 11:44 PM

Lol I was thinking the same thing. I have never in my life heard of anyone arrested for extreme DUI. I'm pretty sure when your 18 or older and you fail the legal limit its a DUI no matter how bad you fail. I guess the journalist was just trying to push the point that he was really drunk. Dumb move right before the draft. I tell you what if I had a chance to play in the NFL even if it was a slim chance i'd find me a DD.

kwilk103
03-11-2009, 12:15 AM
apparently to this lawyer, extreme dui is greater than 0.15; twice the legal limit

http://www.azduiatty.com/extreme-dui-penalties.htm