PDA

View Full Version : New deal for Ray Lewis

Ravens1991
03-10-2009, 03:46 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/around_the_nfl/post/Sources-Lewis-deal-actually-seven-years;_ylt=Aq4PXPZJVf1056U6Sw8Zhr05nYcB?urn=nfl,14 7057

However, what has been reported as a three-year, $22 million contract is actually a convoluted seven-year contract with $15.5 million guaranteed, according to one source each from the team and the NFL Players Association

America
03-10-2009, 04:29 PM
He'll probably be done playing after three years.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-10-2009, 09:05 PM
I liked the old package we had already made for him better. I'm not really understanding this one, but it seems as if we paid him more. did we?

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Also, in other news

Meanwhile, cornerback Jarrett Bush is scheduled to visit the Ravens tomorrow. A restricted free agent from the Green Bay Packers, Bush is regarded as a strong special teams player who can also provide depth at cornerback and safety.

If the Ravens decide to sign him to an offer sheet, Green Bay has the right to match the deal. If the Packers don't, the Ravens don't have to give up any draft picks as compensation because Bush was an undrafted player and was given the low tender.

Bush, who is 6 feet, 200 pounds, also met with the Tennessee Titans on Monday. The Ravens are looking for a second-tier cornerback to fill the void left by Corey Ivy.

sounds like a solid signing if you ask me. Obviously an upgreade from Ivy and I love that he can contribute on special teams, Harbaugh seems to like those kind of players. I'm totally for this signing. Adding as much depth at corner IMO is a very good idea.

coordinator0
03-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Bush isn't much of an upgrade over Ivy. He's only better because he's bigger; his coverage skills are absolutely terrible.

America
03-10-2009, 10:25 PM
I'd rather get Karl Paymah...is Frank Walker coming back?
I still think we need to draft a CB in round 1 or 2.

ChefMike
03-11-2009, 06:37 AM
Well I don't know about anyone else but he sounds like another Jim Leonhard to me.. that was the same rep that he had coming from Buffalo and he seemed to turn out alright?!

coordinator0
03-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Well I don't know about anyone else but he sounds like another Jim Leonhard to me.. that was the same rep that he had coming from Buffalo and he seemed to turn out alright?!

Leonhard is a safety that doesn't have to cover man-man every time he is out on the field. He also brought return skills so his value was higher.