PDA

View Full Version : Cedric Benson

49ersfan_87
03-06-2007, 01:20 AM
How do you guys feel about him starting and carrying the full load?

KBear
03-06-2007, 03:32 AM
I think he will do alright. I'm not fully confident that he can do it, but hardly anything is a sure thing.

There is a difference between being certain and being only clear of what is the right thing to do. If you wait until things are certain, you most likely waited to long to act. One has to make choices when things seem clear, and I think letting Benson handle the full load at RB is one of those things. Its clear enough that he should be able to do fine, but its not certain that he can. But if the Bears waited to be certain, they probably would not have gotten anything back for Jones.

evershot
03-06-2007, 04:36 AM
I don't think the Bears will let Benson Carry the full load. I think the Bears will try out a Benson-Peterson combo and they will bring in another RB in the draft most likely on the second day.

KBear
03-06-2007, 04:46 AM
I should have phrased it better. Let Benson be the starter and get the majority of the carries. Peterson will still probably come in on passing downs for his blocking.

bearfan
03-06-2007, 06:26 AM
I am glad, I love Bensons running style. If he will be in on all 3 downs, I doubt it. I am confident he can do it. And to anyone who says he is injury prone, they have been freak things both years.

bearsfan_51
03-06-2007, 08:35 AM
I like Benson as a player. I don't like him as a person. Hopefully with Jones gone people will stop asking him so many questions where he says so many stupid things.

NYmoney
03-06-2007, 09:12 AM
I like Benson as a player. I don't like him as a person. Hopefully with Jones gone people will stop asking him so many questions where he says so many stupid things.

Benson is truly a nut job. However, he really came on this past season. I think he'll do well, and I expect AP to really excel as a backup. He will be a nice surprise for us.

dabears10
03-06-2007, 02:37 PM
I don't think that any of the bears fan on this forum will consider AP surprising.

VoteLynnSwan
03-06-2007, 03:12 PM
an issue i have with making Peterson the #2 back is that it would limit if not completely eliminate his role on special teams where he's one of the best in the league.

Hurricane Ditka
03-06-2007, 04:01 PM
I think we'll more than likely still draft a slasher to take on a little of Jone's old roles. I still like Brandon Jackson.

SFbear
03-06-2007, 04:05 PM
I think we'll more than likely still draft a slasher to take on a little of Jone's old roles. I still like Brandon Jackson.

Who do we have a better chance of grabbing in the third round? Brandon Jackson or Darius Walker.

Hurricane Ditka
03-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Who do we have a better chance of grabbing in the third round? Brandon Jackson or Darius Walker.

Jackson'd be the better pick.

NYmoney
03-06-2007, 04:25 PM
I don't think that any of the bears fan on this forum will consider AP surprising.

VLS would have to disagree if he doesn't want AP being the #2.

Man_Of_Steel
03-06-2007, 04:27 PM
I should have phrased it better. Let Benson be the starter and get the majority of the carries. Peterson will still probably come in on passing downs for his blocking.

agreed, from what ive seen of Benson im not sold. However Peterson seems to be one of the best situational runners in the league.

KBear
03-06-2007, 04:55 PM

Of those two, Walker is more likely to be available then. Jackson might get drafted by a zone blocking team some time in the third round, maybe by the Texans. While Walker probably can be had early day 2 of the draft.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
03-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Jesus christ.

Why do people still think that Benson can't pass block? Honestly? Are you watching the same player on I am?

He is perfectly fine pass blocking.. Example being him destroying that LB in the Seattle game.

He is a solid pass blocker. Adrian Peterson will not be coming in for him to pass block.

The whole Benson cant pass block thing was a media built in excuse for him not getting carries.

It's a joke. The man can pass block.

VoteLynnSwan
03-06-2007, 07:17 PM
VLS would have to disagree if he doesn't want AP being the #2.

i think he's a good situational runner, but i'd prefer to keep him in that role. I wouldn't however be surprised if he were to break out if put in that role.

Hurricane Ditka
03-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Adrian belongs in the number 3 role, where he can be maximized on special teams, in the make up of this team, it'd be better to draft a slasher, and let Peterson do his thing on special teams.