PDA

View Full Version : DE Lawrence Sidbury Jr.

Big_Pete
03-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Lawrence Sidbury Jr. (Richmond) is a very intriguing prospect; he is a small school guy with a great combination of size strength and speed who has been very productive.

He actually reminds me alot of Osi Umenyiora when he was a surprise 2nd round pick in 2003. Sidbury won't go that high, but he certainly could surprise people if he gets into the right system.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants had him alot higher on their draft boards than many teams despite their depth on the Dline; it could be argued they could use another pure DE and other than Osi don't have any genuine speed rushers.

what are other people's thoughts on Sidbury Jr?

Malaka
03-10-2009, 08:39 PM
I like him but the Giants have absolutely no need for another defensive lineman, Osi, Kiwi, Tuck, Tollefson (most likely cut), Alford, Cofield, Robbins, Canty, and Bernard is way more than enough.

ThePudge
03-10-2009, 08:59 PM
He actually reminds me alot of Osi Umenyiora when he was a surprise 2nd round pick in 2003. Sidbury won't go that high, but he certainly could surprise people if he gets into the right system.

After an excellent showing at post-season all-star games and an eyebrow raising Combine, Sidbury could easily go as high as the Mid 2nd. He may not be the biggest guy, but he is fast, has long arms, and has really impressed. I would be a bit surprised if he lasted past the Early 3rd. Don't underestimate his draft value as he could also be seen as a 3-4 OLB.

Big_Pete
03-10-2009, 09:02 PM
I agree to some extent; but you could have made the same argument in 2006 when they drafted Kiwanuka in the first round despite having Strahan Umenyiora and Tuck.

They could also look at him as a possible SLB

Malaka
03-10-2009, 09:13 PM
I agree to some extent; but you could have made the same argument in 2006 when they drafted Kiwanuka in the first round despite having Strahan Umenyiora and Tuck.

Yeah, but that would be an absolute clusterfuck on the defensive line, it is one thing to have depth it is another to have your back-ups better than a whole lot of other teams starting lines. I mean its great to have but still, we have other needs, and we have a limit to the amount of players we can have on the team.

TheBuffaloBills
03-10-2009, 09:16 PM
His spin move is lethal. I love this guy, and he showed off his athleticism at the combine. Check out these moves he put on the OT. I can't tell if he has an amazing spin move, or the OT sucks nuts.

cPydgMoTs04

Malaka
03-10-2009, 09:19 PM
That was sick... lol

Menardo75
03-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Both those OT's have horrible technique.

BigBanger
03-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Both those OT's have horrible technique.
Painfully slow feet, terrible hips, no strength, horrible balance...

JRTPlaya21
03-10-2009, 10:54 PM
Love the guy. What more can I say? Those tackles were horrid though.

rockio42
03-10-2009, 10:58 PM

That is extremely true but that why he absolutely left them in the dust...that spin move is digustingly fast...even against a good OT he is going to be some mean pressure on...I just became a huge fan of this guy

JRTPlaya21
03-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Welcome aboard the bandwagon rockio. And out of your fav prospects I like Macho, Maclin & Moore the most. Too bad Sean stayed at Mizzou another year.

phlysac
03-10-2009, 11:08 PM
He's one of my 3 favorite 3-4 OLB prospects along with Everette Brown and Larry English.

Menardo75
03-11-2009, 01:25 AM

Worst of all no punch.

Woody56
03-11-2009, 04:38 AM

Not really. Strahan was old and they knew his end was coming soon and Tuck was a nothing at that point.

ammandss
03-11-2009, 09:13 AM
I was just wondering is Sidbury played in a 43/34 hybrid at all, because I know their head coach is Mike London who was Virginia's D-Coordinator a couple times under Groh and he ran a 3-4 in Charlottesville. It would be interesting to find out if Sidbury may have actually played some OLB in a 34 at Richmond under London.